Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 17, 2016 10:17 AM

Jul 2014
Fairly straight forward question, lol. I'm currently watching through wakfu, and while not the best, it's really fun.
My favorite show of all time will always be the venture bros, though. That show had a deep effect on me personally, and I just don't want to wait 3 years for the next season (again) lol

In terms of movies, there's two that stand out to me: Atlantis, the severely underrated disney movie
and felidae, which messed me up and wanted to never see a cat again for about a month afterwards lol
Sep 17, 2016 10:19 AM

Jan 2013
Its been such a long time Ive watched anything animated and that is not japanese. I dont remember tbh
Sep 17, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2012
Gravity Falls, no doubt. The best cartoon ever imo.
Sep 17, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2009
South Park definitely for me
Sep 17, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
Adventure Time (seasons 1-3), Bee and Puppycat, Harvey Beaks, The Loud House, Miraculous Ladybug, Regular Show, Rick and Morty, Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and We Bare Bears. I highly recommend anyone who thinks that all Western animation is kiddy fart jokes and crap compared to anime check these shows out.

Not currently airing favorites: Avatar: The Last Airbender, Chowder, Clone High, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Gravity Falls, Home Movies, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Wonder Showzen
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 17, 2016 10:52 AM

Jul 2009
BarkTPB said:

CheekyKunt said:
South Park definitely for me

haven't watched much of the more recent seasons, but i hear they're just as good, so i should catch up lol

Tbh this season's opener is pretty bad lmao, but you should still see it for yourself
Sep 17, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2016
I have lots of childhood favorites, probably too many to list them all. (Remember when Disney actually made good afterschool cartoons? Pepperidge Farm remembers.) As for a bit more recent stuff, probably Archer. If we can include CGI animation, then Clone Wars was pretty good. In fact, it was almost shocking how much I enjoyed it, seeing as the prequels it was based on were so bad.
zetaAenimusSep 17, 2016 12:30 PM
Sep 17, 2016 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
Of what I recently watched, Rick and Morty.
Sep 17, 2016 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Gumball has a really amazing art style and is consistently funny the whole way through
I don't think there's ever been a "bad" episode of gumball
Sep 17, 2016 1:56 PM

Jul 2010
I like the show Archer.

and movies i like are: fox and the hound, robin hood (disney), hunchback of note dame, iron giant, etc
Sep 17, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2015
Shows- Archer, Bojack Horseman, Rick and Morty, Futurama, Frisky Dingo, Metalocalypse, King of the Hill, Reboot

Movies- Chicken Run, Mary and Max, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Nocturna, The Secret of Kells, Song of the Sea, Le Magasin des Suicides and pretty much anything by Michel Ocelot and Lotte Reiniger.
Sep 17, 2016 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
These are my favorites (tv series and movies)

DrGeroCreationSep 17, 2016 3:29 PM
Sep 17, 2016 3:43 PM

Nov 2008
Hmm.......as far as TV shows......

Star Verses the Forces of Evil
Hey Arnold!
Danny Phantom
Invader Zim
Dexter's Laboratory
The Powerpuff Girls (OLD ONE. NEW ONE IS SHIT lol)
Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends
Animaniacs
Freakazoid
The better seasons of Family Guy. (it's kinda lost most of its goodness by now)
South Park

Why do I like these shows: Crazy, wacky random humor, good characters, interesting/pleasing to the eye visuals, clever references, and some of them aren't afraid to "get real". Seth MacFarlene is an absolute genius when it comes to song writing; the musical inserts in Family Guy are truly some of the best songs I've ever seen in animation.

Milesofmachines said:
The Snowman (1982, Short)

O_______O

SHIT. THAT SHORT'S ENDING MADE ME CRY LIKE A LITTLE BITCH. (As a kid)

I never thought someone would mention it here. XD It is a brilliant piece; absolutely no dialogue at all.
ChiibiSep 21, 2016 9:30 AM

Sep 17, 2016 3:48 PM
Mar 2011
animals of farthing wood by far and away the bewst westen ever to come one in the last 30 from the anglo sphere
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Sep 17, 2016 5:00 PM

Nov 2008
Milesofmachines said:
Chiibi said:

O_______O

SHIT. THAT SHORT'S ENDING MADE ME CRY LIKE A LITTLE BITCH. (As a kid)

I never thought someone would mention it here. XD It is a brilliant piece; absolutely no dialogue at all.

I happen to be an old lady (kind of:) ) and it still makes me sad whenever I think about it, and the song is also unforgettable I believe (and that comes from a heavy metal fan). It is also amazing that it was done with pastels and crayons; simply beautiful, isn't it?
I am glad you like(d) it, too.

I'm an old lady too!! (well, 80s child ok XD)
Yes, I can remember the song still so well. Have you heard Nightwish's version of it? It's beautiful.
http://www.metrolyrics.com/walking-in-the-air-lyrics-nightwish.html

Sep 17, 2016 5:03 PM
Sep 2016
I don´t watch anything other than Anime XD but I started to wach game of thrones yesterday/today (n_n)
Sep 17, 2016 5:52 PM

Jan 2015
k, I'll put these again

la critique de l'intention pure
Sep 18, 2016 11:54 PM

Sep 2016
Steven Universe && RWBY
MONIKA ONLY
Sep 19, 2016 3:09 AM

Oct 2010
I've been a fan of The Simpsons and Futurama for a long while. Lost track of them in 2009-2010, though. Right now I'm very invested on Gravity Falls, I'm in the way to watch it twice in less than a month and the more I watch and think about it the more it stands out as the truly brilliant series it is. Not a single episode I'd consider bad or even meh and an amazing mix of scenery, cinematography and character and story writing. I could be talking about this show for hours and the many instances that highlight its coherence, cohesion, maturity and overall effectiveness, but I'll sum it out by saying that there's a lot of brain and heart involved in its making and it shows. I've also watched lately Over the garden wall, a quite fascinating mini-series though I have some minor nitpicks with its format.

In terms of movies and shorts, the list is bigger. In release order:

Sep 19, 2016 3:12 AM

Feb 2014
South Park, Adventure Time, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Gargoyles, Futurama.
Sep 19, 2016 4:01 AM

Apr 2016
definitely avatar the last airbender. ben 10 was my shit back in childhood, and gravity falls is also pretty dope. and my favorite movies are atlantis (yep, so underrated) and treasure planet.
Sep 19, 2016 5:04 AM

Mar 2016
I've always really liked these shows:

I'd say my favorite show would be either A:TLA or Teens Titans (2003). Loved the main cast of both series, & just about everything else about them.

There's way too many non-Japanese animated movies that I like to list. A few of my favorites are: Lilo & Stitch (the movie), The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, The Incredibles, Tarzan (1999), The Iron Giant, & Mulan.
Sep 19, 2016 5:55 AM

Jan 2016
Family Guy, American Dad and South Park.
Sep 19, 2016 6:08 AM

Jan 2014
South Park because the shitty relatable jokes and themes of each episode.
I can't wait till someone makes a joke involving Cory in the House or something.
Sep 19, 2016 2:10 PM

Jan 2013
Gravity Falls, South Park, Steven Universe, ATLA & LoK, RWBY, Red vs Blue.

I've recently fallen in love with Voltron: Legendary Defender.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2016 3:53 PM

Aug 2016
Mostly South Park, I do watch American Dad and Family Guy. I'm mostly watching the Simpsons out of principle nowadays, I just feel they became too cartoony for the show, if that makes sense. Other than that, I don't watch T.V., like at all xD I've watched South Park since season 1 and it still my favorite cartoon ^^

Since some mentionned movies too, I loved Through the Looking Glass and Willy the Sparrow when I was young :D

My favorite, though, is The Flight of Dragons. I love that movie, and I still think it's really good. (Except the new cover art is ugly as all hell.) I was damn terrified of the Ogre of Grommley Keep (or something like that) when I was young, dude thing is creepy O.O The music is really good, and I especialy like the flute song Giles is playing during the actual flight of dragons and the intro theme song :D

Oh and damn, someone mentionned Gargoyles O.O I used to watch that when I was in lunch break at school, I loved closed by, so I had to get home and watch Les Joyeux Naufragé (Gilligan's Island) and Gargoyles. I never expected that show is a Disney thing, given how dark it is (even the colors are dark). I used to have a figurine of the small green dude with the crossbow and the main character (It's been so long I'Ve forgot most names. I think there was a Brooklyn in there and it was a dog-gargoyle? Oh and Demona too, she's pretty iconic to the show and has an easy to remember name.)

Speaking, I used to watch Reboot too (A.K.A. Mégabogue in french), I've never watched the full french run, but I completely rewatched it in english on YTV (Back when that was a cool channel). I'm still pretty dissapointed with the ending, tbh. Oh well.

Oh man, and the Mysterious Cities of Gold, loved me some of that intro :D
Sep 19, 2016 11:07 PM

Dec 2012
jal90 said:
Right now I'm very invested on Gravity Falls, I'm in the way to watch it twice in less than a month and the more I watch and think about it the more it stands out as the truly brilliant series it is. Not a single episode I'd consider bad or even meh and an amazing mix of scenery, cinematography and character and story writing. I could be talking about this show for hours and the many instances that highlight its coherence, cohesion, maturity and overall effectiveness, but I'll sum it out by saying that there's a lot of brain and heart involved in its making and it shows.

My man. Completely agree. After I finished it I was really convinced it was the smartest cartoon I've ever watched. I still have the ''void'' after finishing it, the series is just so lovable and has a lot of charm and heart poured into it.
Sep 20, 2016 1:29 AM

Jul 2012
Sep 20, 2016 6:47 AM

Apr 2011
If it's all non-Japanese animation, then it's easily the Lion King for me. It's my favorite movie of all time, so that's quite an easy choice to make. But if it's only TV shows, then I'll have to go with the original Thundercats. Damn, that was such an amazing show. The remake honestly wasn't bad either, which makes it being cancelled over not selling enough toys a real shame.
Sep 20, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2016
I've been watching Rick & Morty.

Courage the Cowardly Dog is one of my favorites when I was younger.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2016
Let's see:
Tom & Jerry
Life with Louie
What's with Andy?
Totally Spies!
Venture Bros.
Steven Universe
"I'm not a prophet or a stone age man
Just a mortal with potential of a superman" - David Bowie
Sep 21, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
ChibiRico8 said:

My favorite, though, is The Flight of Dragons. I love that movie, and I still think it's really good. (Except the new cover art is ugly as all hell.) I was damn terrified of the Ogre of Grommley Keep (or something like that) when I was young, dude thing is creepy O.O The music is really good, and I especialy like the flute song Giles is playing during the actual flight of dragons and the intro theme song :D

Hey! I remember that movie!! XD I can't remember when I watched it though....it was really long ago. I might have been eight or nine years old....when we rented it from our local grocery store. (I had a very rich entertainment-filled childhood thanks to that rental store lol)

Sep 21, 2016 1:14 PM

Aug 2016
I haven't watched alot of non japanese animated shows, but from what i have watched:

-Avatar: Liked it from start to end, that final batle tho.
-South park: Really like the absurd humor, episodes are hit or miss tho.
Sep 21, 2016 1:33 PM

Oct 2014
gravity falls
regular show
gumball
rugrats
kim possible
Sep 21, 2016 1:43 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Animaniacs is the only cartoon I've ever truly loved tbh

Not that I've watched very many of them mind you

Edit: No wait Tom and Jerry as well, watched that a lot when I was kid. Also Thomas the Tank Engine if we go even further back, if that even counts
HaXXspettenSep 21, 2016 1:49 PM
Sep 21, 2016 2:04 PM

Jan 2011
Futurama
Spongebob
Sep 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2009
The Magic School Bus, duh.
Sep 22, 2016 12:02 PM

Sep 2016
There were a lot of great America TV shows back in my childhood, but my favourite probably would have been Martin Mystery.

And the occasional Family Guy.
Sep 22, 2016 12:07 PM

Sep 2015
Any oldskool kids like me who watched Kids Next Door, Courage The Cowardly Dog, & Ed Edd N Eddy?
Sep 22, 2016 7:34 PM

Dec 2010
I'm a huge fan of adult cartoons
mission hill, beavis & butthead, daria, futurama, rick & morty, bob's burgers, life & times of tim, king of the hill, the boondocks, superjail, dr. katz, ugly americans, the oblongs (yeah, a lot of adult swim), I've seen the entirety of all of these
of course I appreciate the simpsons, south park, not a huge fan of seth mcfarlane but occasionally family guy, can't get with any of his other shit though

aaand can't forget all the cartoons I watched as a kid
doug, kablam, class of 3000, rocko's modern life, x-men, and recess are high up there. a very small fraction of what I did watch on a daily basis just like any kid

Sep 22, 2016 7:57 PM

Jan 2014
tsudecimo said:
Gravity Falls, no doubt. The best cartoon ever imo.
This.

I also like Rick and Morty
Steven Universe, I love the OST
and South Park xD
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Sep 22, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 2013
danilitoleon said:

Steven Universe, I love the OST
I as well. Some of my favorite tracks.

Sep 22, 2016 8:18 PM

Jan 2014
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh my, Good times :3

Thank you for reminding me that
Cuteness > Everything else
Cuteness is Love, Cuteness is Life
Sep 22, 2016 8:24 PM

Aug 2013
danilitoleon said:
DrGeroCreation said:

Oh my, Good times :3

Thank you for reminding me that
You're welcome

Sep 22, 2016 10:24 PM
May 2016
Well, obviously the old Fox pack (Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy, American Dad), even though American Dad is on TBS and Family Guy and Simpsons kinda suck now.

South Park has always been an old favourite (and quite frankly is so much better than it used to be), as well as Spongebob, back when I was like, 12?

I also watch a lot of Adventure Time, and Gravity Falls ^_^

And before you start, NO I HAVEN'T SEEN STEVEN UNIVERSE
Sep 22, 2016 11:51 PM

Sep 2015
Gravity Falls and the old PowerPuff Girls
Also Totally Spies & Winx Club when i was a child

But now it's the FOX series like the simpsons and stuff
And uh.. Adventure time andthe amazing world of Gumball
"This signature is under construction." ~Fabuubz
Sep 23, 2016 8:46 AM

May 2015
Batman: The Animated Series.
Sep 23, 2016 10:06 AM

Feb 2015
Bratz This was the shit back then. Don't judge me.

Recently watched:
We bare bears.
Hashbrown no signature.
Sep 23, 2016 10:16 PM
Jan 2013
Legend of Korra would be my favorite, while it had a rocky first and second season, seaons 3 and 4 were fucking extraordinary for a western animation. My other favorites are Over the Garden Wall which was amazingly Disney-esque in it's backgrounds and had such a lovely story and soundtrack, and Gravity Falls for the reason that it wasn't stupid. It actually had a coherent plot, overarching mystery and great themes about family that didn't talk down to me or treat me like an idiot. AND none of the jokes are poop or fart related! How bout that!?

Special Mentions
  • Last Airbender - Great cartoon but hardly remember anything about it. I still have it on my amazon wishlist, but never get around to buying the box set to rewatch it.
  • Star Wars Rebels - I recently started watching this and binge-watched seasons 1 and 2. It has great characters that you can cheer for and the Star Wars background makes it shine even brighter with the great SW lore, stories and movie characters making funny appearances in the show. (I haven't seen Clone Wars).
  • The 2011 Thundercats Reboot- It only lasted 1 season, but I actually found it to be quite riveting for a kid's show (in the classical sense), action packed but not filled to the brim with mindless violence and hardly any stupid jokes. I found episode 4 to be one of the most touching and sad episodes in terms of western animated shows.
  • Rick and Morty - Rick's various adventures with Morty and occassionally other members of his family make for some often times nihilistic but entertaining storytelling.
  • RWBY - A Western "anime". While the animation isn't really that remarkable, the characters are likeable and the overarching mysteries and plot are interesting enough to make me want to come back for more. While it may not be as rivetting or thought-provoking like other Japanese anime, it's a good step in the right direction in terms of western animation that the genre could take.
  • Steven Universe- great storytelling, centered around gay space-rocks from the planet Homeworld. Steven is a fucking moron throughout season 1 because everybody keeps him in the dark about gem related shit. I don't really like Garnet. Lapis and Peridot are my favorite characters. Why is this not one of my favorites you ask if it seems I'm a total fanboy? I honestly don't know myself. If it ever comes out in BD I'll buy the sets, but I wouldn't consider this to be one of my favorites like Korra or OTGW. It's just a show I like.

-I haven't mentoned the obvious like Batman TAS or Gargoyles because while they may be considered some of the best, the last time I watched them was over a decade ago when I was a kid and haven't gotten around to watching them again.

-I'm also watching Star vs. The Forces of Evil, but don't really consider it to be one of my favorites....yet. It has a lot of promise in terms of storytelling and art, but doesn't really show it in its' plot. A lot of stuff is hinted at like the unfair treatment of monsters in muni, Marco's self-esteem issues and comparisons to Toffee, and I love the fact that Star lives with a hispanic family (that for some reason speak spanish with an american accent for some reason) which is a breath of fresh air as well as Toffee who wasn't a complete moron (I was sad when he exploded himself for no reason). The only thing wrong with it is that parts of it are still too hyperactive and nonsensical and the villains for most of season 1 except for Toffee were morons. Like i said, It shows promise, I would even say it's good, but I feel like it hasn't crossed the line to being great either because it's afraid to or just doesn't know how.

I didn't add any movies because OP just wanted shows. If I were to add movies my list would be LOOONG.
Tempest_WingSep 23, 2016 10:36 PM
Sep 23, 2016 11:08 PM

Aug 2009
Yep, Batman TAS and Batman Beyond, Samurai Jack. The Maxx, Aeon Flux, Bojack Horseman, Archer, Rick and Morty Last Airbender and a bunch of shit I can't remember atm as well as just nostalgic stuff from my childhood. Western cartoons can be pretty dope.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7592 by juanlqr »»
1 hour ago

» Thoughts on Suno AI? (AI system for making your own music)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
3 hours ago

» About The Crow Remake (2024)

Vargnatt - Yesterday

4 by Theo1899 »»
7 hours ago

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3376 by SilentAssassin88 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » share your latest song/album purchases

DreamingBeats - Nov 3, 2023

38 by DreamingBeats »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.