Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 18, 2016 11:19 PM

May 2013
well, the events with Kotari's parents was trash, horrible directing , they should had just left it out, if it was gonna be half-assed like that, overall ep.12 just made me feel like, yep adaption is trash and next ep being the last, looking forward to what it'll be(not really). Didn't expect much from it being from 8bit, but still had expatiation because it was Rewrite.
Sep 19, 2016 2:03 AM

Aug 2013
Easily the worst episode yet. It was just a clumsily put together montage of scenes from the VN, taken from different routes, and presented in a very lacklustre way. Kotori's parents revealed to be familiars was meant to be one of the most powerful scenes in Rewrite, but the anime made me feel nothing.

CGI familiars couldn't have looked any worse if they tried.

Depending on the last episode I'll have to put my rating down to 4/10 cause this is just disgusting. VN readers are pissed off and bored. Anime-onlies are confused and bored. This adaptation is good for no-one.
Sep 19, 2016 4:29 AM

Apr 2015
rasenshiruken973 said:
Easily the worst episode yet. It was just a clumsily put together montage of scenes from the VN, taken from different routes, and presented in a very lacklustre way. Kotori's parents revealed to be familiars was meant to be one of the most powerful scenes in Rewrite, but the anime made me feel nothing.

CGI familiars couldn't have looked any worse if they tried.

Depending on the last episode I'll have to put my rating down to 4/10 cause this is just disgusting. VN readers are pissed off and bored. Anime-onlies are confused and bored. This adaptation is good for no-one.

B-but, it was supposed to be for everyone!
Sep 19, 2016 4:42 AM

Nov 2015
Who knows. Maybe we will get a decent ending... And moon movie... (nope)
Sep 19, 2016 3:13 PM

Jan 2008
The makers of this anime either didn't read the sotry of the VN, or just wanted to use Jasmine (the little girl in the flashback of Midou) for cheap drama because that's not how that went down.Oh well... they've been making stuff up all season anyway.
Sep 20, 2016 3:14 AM

Mar 2013
Hmm felt bad for Midou :(
Somehow, I'm getting vibes that it'll have a bittersweet ending.
Sep 20, 2016 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
Someone on YouTube said something which i found interesting about this episode and the whole adaptation itself. Let me quote him here:

"It was in essence fast, and a lot of the plot points didn't come from nowhere.
A lot of the new information we were presented with, existed in the previous routes of the visual novel. A lot of this episode was meant for visual novel players as I recognized nearly everything in this epsiode.
Clearly, there's a fine line with where to draw visual novel adaptations, and rewrite is among the hardest to adapt. There will be those who say it's rushed with details thrown in like this episode, and people like me who enjoyed this because we knew all of it before hand, and understood what was going on.
Many might think the anime is going off in tangents, but the way how Rewrite is handled with a lot of things you wouldn't expect from a Key Work makes it stand out, for better or for worse in a adaptation such as this.

We can think of the anime as another route. The VN does it as well, and the different routes explain what happens in ones that make you go huh? Once you find out, you'll go "So that's why!"

So basically, we all know that the anime is rushing things, but if you're still interested and confused at the same time, just wait a bit because me and most of the vn readers are pretty sure that this will get sequels based on the main routes of the game, called Moon and Terra.

In the visual novel, lots of stuff are left to be explained at Moon/Terra, as the guy which i quoted said. So the anime isn't totally off from the VN. Unfortunally, Aniplex didn't gave them enough time/budget to work on..
Murasa22Sep 20, 2016 4:31 AM
Sep 20, 2016 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Wow I thought they'll finally give Kotarou some action but it was like 10 seconds and they just had to throw in those guardouches and make Kotarou run away for like 4th time so far? Why?

T-Rex seemed completely useless wtf. So much for Gaia's strongest.

Midou just randomly dissapeared?
Sep 20, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2010
Smudy said:
Worst adaptation of a Key VN ever, thats no doubt by now. This is bad.

Exactly my thoughts.

Hate to see my most favourite VN get only such effort. Where's my tragic Kotori end?

Regards,
another disappointed Key fan
Sep 20, 2016 8:05 PM

Oct 2011
Omg finale next time nooo
Sep 21, 2016 10:47 AM
Sep 2015
Shingster said:
Man that guy in red is a powerhouse now having received that new
demon from Akane.

Lol that fluffy dog though sure was brave to attack the demon head on.

Shame about Kotori's dimensional home being burned down though
You can see that Kotori worked hard to create that home.

The trump cards that Kotori had were her parents eh
thats pretty unexpected even more when they are dead but appear to
be still sentient and still retain their memories. Shame that they had to be used though.

Kotori is definitely best girl in my opinion

So those guys in red are like mercenaries i guess in that they don't work for either side

And lol now its three way fight between Kotoro and Guardian and Gaia

And now the occult club is almost back together and we are ready to face the world.

Just missing Akane at the time and i hope to see her come back as well

Looks like what Akane has been fighting so far has been the saint
so thats why she appears to have two personalities

i pity her adapted parent though because Humanity while not perfect can change given time.

And now comes the finale and the endgame

can't wait to see the next episode

Overall a good episode that was heavy on action and plot.

No no
we understood
Kotori but is not the best international survey or daughter is Akane Shizuru and Lucia
Sep 22, 2016 10:47 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was actually pretty bad.

First of all it had way too many twists and turns for a single episode making it incredibly and painfully rushed. So many things newly introduced and concluded within minutes - like the daemonized parents who were used as a quick emotional grab.

People keep passing off death haphazardly.

The old lady leader of Gaia (forget her name) suddenly and unjustified, is able to do something to Kagari, which she couldn't before for unexplained reasons, and set mayhem around the world. What of the dino that was supposed to be Gaia's trump card, all they did was fight until an impasse and get nowhere and the dino became a statue. I suppose it was Akane that gave to Midou, but she was being all possessed and granny-like for that part.

Midou's past was crammed in there for his death to try and strike quick feels.

I can't even begin to go over all of the things that were rushed and crammed into one ep with this... I'm not usually one to be such a pessimist, i did enjoy the episode and series, but this was incredibly clumsy screenplay, matching that of the cheap art.

It's unfortunate this happened to yet another Key anime... When can we ever again get the quality of screenplay and directorship that Clannad had? I can only hope the VN's are not as poorly paced.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 22, 2016 11:18 AM

Feb 2015
Fast-paced and it felt clumsy. But at least shit finally got real / interesting. Overall, this series has been quite poor. I guess we'll have to wait and see how it ends...
Sep 22, 2016 1:13 PM

Dec 2012
GenesisAria said:

It's unfortunate this happened to yet another Key anime... When can we ever again get the quality of screenplay and directorship that Clannad had? I can only hope the VN's are not as poorly paced.
VN pacing is rather slow 50+ hours long unlike the anime. Some scenes takes a long time before entering next scene. Plus VN explains and actually have emotional appeal to the characters.
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Sep 22, 2016 4:11 PM

May 2012
Best episode so far. Finally the anime got more serious. But only one episode left
Sep 22, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2012
CGI monsters! run for your lives! AHHHHHHHHHHHH
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Sep 23, 2016 8:00 PM

Mar 2009
Well, I don't exactly understand what was going on in Midou's flashback. Refugees? War orphans? But it was certainly sad and depressing for the small glimpse it gave us. Probably something that could have been more impacting had it been fleshed out.
Sep 23, 2016 9:35 PM

Oct 2008
Midou's objective is actually not to engage and kill Koutarou but to protect Kagari Key also.
Shit is going down because of the Salvation's end!
4/5.

Sep 24, 2016 6:08 AM

Mar 2012
That was depressing...all hope for the world is lost. Really hope Gaia wins and they let the world end (would be a lot better than a cheesy happy ending)
Sep 24, 2016 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
CG was bad of course and a bunch of Grandpas acting badass
Sep 25, 2016 3:02 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Worst flames and CG I have seen in an anime, damm...

Ending seems to converge to where I was predicting, due to Moon and Terra.
Lots of people will be pissed off with next episode.
PlaycoolSep 25, 2016 3:09 PM
Oct 4, 2016 12:21 PM

Jul 2009
So sad that Kotori had to use her parents like that, but I understand the feeling, she wanted to keep them alive even after the death.
Oct 4, 2016 5:58 PM

May 2012
Shit just got real! Pretty impressive episode I'd say, let's see what happens next.
Oct 11, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2014
why that old hag some sort of godlike power?
Dec 17, 2016 11:26 PM

Jan 2013
Mostly lame episode, just going through the motions with no good character interactions to back it up
Apr 20, 2017 3:59 PM

Jul 2014
Base exposed again, odd that Kotarou and crew went from being attacked to being saved by the gaia enemy. Jumping all over the place this ep. Apocalypse starts?
Jun 15, 2017 7:01 AM

Mar 2015
Lelwat did they say fuck it and decide to just throw everything together and make as much noise as possible for the finale?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 13, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2015
Omg poor Midou ;-; He's basically a sadder version of Pain from Naruto....
Oct 26, 2017 4:43 PM

Oct 2012
Really have to say that I actually like the friendship approach better (their cooperation) that it was in the original novel, merging their routes was good choice, even though some things make no sense (like their visit of city of stone or the song permeating there).
This is what Key novels should be about, while in original VN I didn't like how they were enemies.

Agree that Kotori's background and story of her parents was oversimplified though.

Wonder what the last episode of the first season is like. And still no explanation of aurora Kotarou has?
Mar 9, 2018 7:49 PM

Sep 2013
Ugh...1 more episode of this tire fire to go...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 29, 2020 10:23 PM

Feb 2018
Best anime 2016... Dinosaur is so cute, lol
Aug 25, 2021 2:36 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The plot is really ridiculous not gonna lie xD now all the monsters are attacking the city and the people... wow
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.