Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 18, 2016 9:51 AM
Apr 2009
So Hayama is learning to cook meth, huh?
Sep 18, 2016 10:03 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its nice to see Shinomiya again and i think having Soma help him
would greatly benefit both of them. Since they don't have the best of relationships this should be interesting.

Shinomiya's two assistants and staff though were funny.

Food as ever looks so delicious.

I guess a high quality restaurant like Shinomiya's is very different to what Soma
is used to in his restaurant. Speed and efficiency is the norm here

Even Yukihira is struggling here but as usual he makes do .

Also its nice to see how the others are finding the staginaire even if only briefly

As ever Yukihira impresses the people he works with with his diligence and hard working
nature and also his thirst for knowledge

Overall a fantastic episode and can't wait to see the next one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2016 10:42 AM

Feb 2015
DAMN! the tension in this episode. i can feel it xD
the sudden moment when you step into the workplace without knowing/never see it with your flesh eyes......it kinda looks scary sometimes. like your body would probably frozen and didn't even know what to do/getting confused of the atmosphere or the situation. tbh, i really like that part in this episodde.

and one more thing, i'm getting to like soma more and more because of this episode cause, soma, again, in this episode, even with all of that, he never gave up. well, that's soma afterall, but i really like that. usually, normal people would gave up easly like "why even bother continuing it even tho you know you will never make it" but for soma it's different. he never thinks like that. he just focus on how he's gonna improve his skills. that's all which is something that i really really like about him.

overall episode, i really like it a lot. one of my fav episode tbh.
it's sad to know that actually, next episode is the last episode. kinda sad...but at the same time, i'm hype for it. for the second time, the magician will be having a battle with soma again xD it's gonna be intense and fun.

looking foward to the next episode XD
Sep 18, 2016 11:31 AM

Oct 2014
Great episode! A friend told me that Stagiaire was a long-ish arc so I wasn't sure how it was going to be handled in the anime. But this doesn't really seem that rushed to me.

Oh and best/weirdest part of the last two eps is Soma actually changing and wearing a chef's uniform! I was like 'whaaaaaat?!' cause he didn't even wear the school uniform of the bloody school he was bloody attending!! -_-

Sep 18, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2015
Soli18 said:

L 0 L.

Anyway great episode man can't wait for last one.

So I'm not the only one, who think like this. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 18, 2016 12:39 PM

Apr 2015
FrozenRaider said:
Soli18 said:

L 0 L.

Anyway great episode man can't wait for last one.

So I'm not the only one, who think like this. :D

( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°).

XD
Sep 18, 2016 12:58 PM
Dec 2011
Since I'm following the official English manga release, this episode was almost all new content to me. I think this should be from the beginning of volume 14.

I'm not sure how well they handled the chapters for this episode but one thing was certain; It was an epic episode! And the pressure was real.

Looking forward to the finale and then will continue reading Viz volumes of the manga as they come.
Sep 18, 2016 1:05 PM
Dec 2011
Hachinozen said:
Is it just me, or did Isami get fatter in just 3 frames or less?

Lol, yeah. I thought it was my imagination so I didn't go back and check xD
Sep 18, 2016 1:21 PM
May 2016
Nyaa_Vanilla said:
Nitralon said:
Im hyped for Souma speciality, I dont mind spoiler of the manga btw....

5/5 the tension is real, WOW, Shinomiya its so badass.

Second season confirmed? anyone knows?

This is 2nd season.

Okay..... Third season confirmed?
Sep 18, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2009
Best episode of the season. Probably the first time Soma is improving not as a result of losing a competion.

He will have french techniques after this is all said and done. Not all of them, but enough that he would understand the basics of french cooking. He too will be using world travel cooking much like his dad. But how will he surpass his dad I wonder.
Sep 18, 2016 4:41 PM

Nov 2012
Looking at French food portion, you wouldn't think it would take so much effort in cooking them. But damn, this must be the busiest Souma ever.

Pity the anime can't show much about the other students.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 19, 2016 7:24 AM

Oct 2015
yeah boooiiiiiiiii
Sep 19, 2016 7:37 AM
Aug 2015
crazypleb said:
Just me or did anyone else recognize these characters from the first season

LMAO, eagle eye.

O.T; Good episode, hopefully the next one will be a blast as it's the last one. I feel like Souma-kun is going to shock few people with his own cooking style and step his game up.
Sep 19, 2016 8:31 AM

Aug 2014
Maybe not so great as ep 11, but the story is still better than first bigger half of season.

I wonder if it is possible in real life to serve so many customer with only 4 chefs and when you have to serve customer next dish when they finish eating the one they had on table?
Maybe with less customer or more stuff, but this seems impossible... and how Yukihira didn't sleep for ~140 hours? he would die or at least not be able to think and work so fast
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 19, 2016 9:05 AM

Feb 2015
Very great episode, classic Souma hype. Next episode is called 'Pomp and Circumstance'? Like the vocaloid song? Lol
Sep 19, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
my favourite episode of the season (so far!)
Sep 19, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
I started working in a michlein star restaurant as a student cook. The first week was extremely difficult, we have one week work and one week school to learn all the practical aspects of cooking in theory first. The second working week has just started, and it's just as hard if not worse. But I'm enjoying it so much.

This is where I feel like the anime is becoming reality, and I can entirely feel for all the psychological impacts that the author intended to deliver.

Shokugeki no Souma helped me to become a better version of myself (again). 1 episode left and I'll be sad when it ends. A true masterpiece in my eyes.
Sep 19, 2016 11:13 PM

Feb 2015
Is no one going to talk about how hot Shinomiya is? Because he's so damn hot. I would love for his spinoff to get an anime adaptation too.
Sep 20, 2016 6:24 AM

May 2015
rayeine said:
Is no one going to talk about how hot Shinomiya is? Because he's so damn hot. I would love for his spinoff to get an anime adaptation too.

Everyone in this show is hot XD
Sep 20, 2016 7:48 AM

Apr 2015
This was the best episode imo
watching souma struggle like that after the previous spiff with him was awesome

the best part is that he shino himself barely even berated him at all, he just flat out told him what to do and told him he'd probably have to struggle. While I don't think not giving advice is obviously what to do, the fact he acts like that emphasizes what happened in the previous season so well

he's stern without being a dick now and I love that
Sep 20, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2015
xFeanorx said:
rayeine said:

Good point, but I just have a thing for Shinomiya.
Sep 20, 2016 3:11 PM

Oct 2011
souma learning from shinomya senpai this time whoa that tension and those demands too. Flashback with the shokugeki was awesome. whoa a new original dish hype! !!!
Sep 20, 2016 11:16 PM

Feb 2014
Soma is a great character! His ability to just pick up from his mistakes and apply advice straight away is what makes him such a good character. He's relentless in his desire to move forward and improve.

1 ep to go, I'm really going to miss this series.
Sep 20, 2016 11:46 PM

Oct 2014
xFeanorx said:
rayeine said:

Everyone except those really old fat dudes usually doing the judging. I'd love to see a good Shinomiya reaction xD

Sep 21, 2016 1:10 AM
Mar 2015
It's pretty impressive that they managed to make what was essentially equivalent to a training arc feel so high stakes and intense regardless.
Sep 21, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2009
I think Shinomiya has won a piece of my heart
Sep 22, 2016 4:29 AM
Dec 2015
I'm so excited to see what happens in the competition next episode! Character development has been really awesome in this show, keep it up!
Sep 22, 2016 3:58 PM

Sep 2014
Lol at Alice joke.

This was a really entertaining episode, watching Souma improve and working with the others.
Shinomiya seems much cooler than before too.

Damn, really looking forward to next episode!
Sep 23, 2016 3:51 PM

Dec 2013
This has been my favorite part of this season. I like seeing when cooks grow in their skills and this is definitely going to help Soma reach his next level.
Sep 23, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2016
This episode made me fall in love with Yukihira Soma once again. I want to be like him. He doesn't let anything get to him. And what does he do when he was failing? He studied, all night. He can do what everyone would think is impossible. He never let himself or anyone else down. And he also still think of ways to improve himself or the restaurants hes been in. People could really look up to him and his ways of thinking. I really love Yukihira 💓
Sep 23, 2016 8:45 PM

Aug 2014
Huh, Intense episode.
Well Can't wait for the last episode~
Sep 24, 2016 9:49 PM

Mar 2009
Man, this Stagiare arc has been incredible. So much better than the competition that lasted for most of the season.
Sep 25, 2016 6:53 AM

Jul 2009
So I just noticed ... I guess they change the chara in the ED for each episode? :P Since Shinomiya was featured this time XD Anyway, really loved this episode! It was great seeing Souma be out of his element on the first day then really work hard towards becoming a valuable member by the fourth. Not to mention gaining the respect of all the SHINO'S staff too! Dang, that kitchen atmosphere is pretty intense though! We got to see a little bit of everyone else but obviously the main focus is on Souma. I wonder what he's planning for the competition? :O Of course, I'm still expecting him to lose (against Shinomiya again ;P) but maybe he'll reveal his "specialty" to us ... :D
Sep 25, 2016 6:46 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode, the workload sure fired up quite extremly but he still managed to catch up! Really looking forward to see what the last episode will have to offer from this season!
Sep 26, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2013
Shinomiya has a blonde fanboy. Let the yaoi secks begin! D: I prefer Shinomiya with his glasses on, he looks like an intelligent asshole as opposed to his sans-glasses asshole look.

I think that "rush cooking" was kind of bullshit. I have waited for long periods of time at restaurants. One time, I had to wait for an hour for my food. I have yet to go to a place (that isn't fast food) that serves food that quickly.

I felt like they rushed through the stagiaire of the other characters, some of them looked really interested but then again this is only a 13 episode anime and they need to focus on the protagonist and I'm not going to read the manga any time soon.
臭い-
Sep 27, 2016 7:01 AM

Nov 2015
One of the best episodes this season!
I love these Staigaire episodes and I hope we will see more of them in S3.

5/5
Sep 29, 2016 7:42 PM

Oct 2008
Souma, now experienced the real tension of being in a high class kitchen of the Magician Shinomiya!
LOL @ Shinomiya "of all people you dare challenge me"
Shinomiya really envisions his young self within Souma.
Souma's getting really refined on this kind of experience and it would be a lot of help when getting back to the Tootsuki academy! Just like a sharpened knife, Souma will be sharpened also here.
Souma's specialty "unique", this is what he's trying to achieve and again declares competition against Shinomiya.
Souma never lets himself down even with all those insults because with more challenge it makes him better in his passion of being a chef!
the OST used was also great with a mix of violin to fit the france/Italian theme!
5/5!

Oct 2, 2016 11:18 AM

Aug 2007
If I can admire something about Yukihira is: Maybe he can be pissed off too much, being humiliated, etc. He don't get depresed and can advance with a smile.
Oct 3, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
I liked how Yukihira didn't give up even though he knew that he wasn't helping at all, that's pretty awesome imo. Next is the last ep dammit >.<
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 4, 2016 11:58 AM

Aug 2014
Looks like Shinomiya is no longer on his Gordon Ramsay shit...good for him.
Oct 9, 2016 7:38 PM

Apr 2013
Not gonna lie, nothing special was going on and I was still cheering on Souma.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Nov 29, 2016 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
Nice to see Soma out there in the real world toughing it out!

Hope he finds his signature dish while trying to win the competition!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2016 4:41 AM

Jul 2014
My opinion on Shinomiya will always be the same... he's such a douche. BUT I like him for it. lol
I really enjoyed this episode. It was exhilarating to watch.
Also I can't believe there's only one more episode left. Ugh.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:49 AM

May 2013
YEEEEESSSSSSS, I'm lovin' this Stagiaire arc!
Apr 10, 2017 12:41 PM
Aug 2014
Finally an episode that didn't seem rushed.
Apr 12, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2015
This episode gave me a déjà vu feeling... I think this was the perfect thing that could happen to all of the students. There's nothing like hands on experience and Yukihira probably had it the best with that high level in quality restaurant (Shino's Tokyo). Erina taste buds better watch out our MC is growing into a bad m*therf%cker!
Apr 18, 2017 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
So Shinmiyo is opening a new restaurante in Tokyo. Seeing Souma as his stagiaire for this week was definitely something I really wanted to see. In the last season they didn't had a good start especially with the shokugeki challenge of Souma against Shinomiya. It seems Shinomiyo changed a little bit since then , at least his staff was talking about it.

Also all the other Totsuki students had a super stressful week and it seems a lot of them failed.

The pre opening days were pretty hard for Souma. He made a whole new experience about working in an absolute top restaurante. At first I felt sorry for him but I knew he will keep going no matter what will happen. And even when Shinomiya wasn't giving any tips about all the things they do, Souma found it out by himself and improved by so much. He's like a spong who's absorbing every single information about new techniques and cook types. Even the staff was speachless :D

And now he has the chance to bring an own cooked dish on the menu. That will be interesting to see if he will succeed. Go Souma! :)

Jun 8, 2017 3:10 AM

Jul 2012
This arc is so good. Shinomiya has become such a likable character, and his relationship with Sōma is great to watch.

Also, I'm looking forward to seeing how much the other characters develop from their stagiaires in S3.
Sep 14, 2017 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
Liking Shinomiya a lot. He has high hopes for Souma. Lets see how the competition will turn out.

Marui vanished. (*.*)

Oct 28, 2017 7:47 AM

Nov 2011
Great growth for Yukihira, in fact, catching the jolly, while others do not seem to have made a long way in what to do in the world of work. It was a pity, though, not to see the other characters during their internship.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.