Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Oct 24, 2016 8:49 PM

Oct 2015
kitsune0 said:
@WraithAzula, there was donation page, but for some reasons (probably after selling the site to CraveOnline, former owners of MAL) it's been abandoned.

I see, thanks for that note. One does wonder if that was purposeful to shift income to a more steady flow, however from a business perspective this supporter thing is fairly odd. I'm no expert nor do I have the numbers behind the scenes, but logically this supporter thing doesn't make sense.
Oct 24, 2016 9:04 PM

Sep 2010
@WraithAzula, oh, believe me, it does, verily. I've seen this same exact situation on our local blog platform years ago. There was same exact arguments - that and also "besides, most of users are youngsters, they don't have money, nobody will be paying you just for some pretty features". Guess what, it worked anyway. Not enough to make site owner a millionaire, but still - supposedly penniless users somehow finding some money to pay - yes, just for some "pretty features".
And I guess having a donation page is somewhat shameful for big business - it's like "what, you can't make enough money yourself and forced to ask? Then you're bad businessmen and should just quit".

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Persona anime are good. Deal with it.
Oct 24, 2016 9:22 PM

Oct 2015
kitsune0 said:
@WraithAzula, oh, believe me, it does, verily. I've seen this same exact situation on our local blog platform years ago. There was same exact arguments - that and also "besides, most of users are youngsters, they don't have money, nobody will be paying you just for some pretty features". Guess what, it worked anyway. Not enough to make site owner a millionaire, but still - supposedly penniless users somehow finding some money to pay - yes, just for some "pretty features".
And I guess having a donation page is somewhat shameful for big business - it's like "what, you can't make enough money yourself and forced to ask? Then you're bad businessmen and should just quit".

Oh I think you misunderstood me, I to agree it will work. I was stating that it will be less effective and cause more controversy, overall hurting the community in the process, than another option. Financially speaking I'm sure it is sound, is it the "best" who's to say.

In terms of your view upon charity and big business, I feel that the perspective you hold is already different from mine. Regardless if MAL is owned by a multi million dollar corporation, the way users view the site and community is what it identifies as. Any finance/business graduate/student would know long term minor profits vs short term influx is always more valuable.

Again, I'm sure this will work out, I'm not stating its all downhill, I simply want to see MAL prosper as a community and business long term. Was just voicing my opinion that the whole supporter thing seems, to me at least, misinformed.
Oct 24, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2010
@WraithAzula, no, you explained fine and I does understood, it's just that I completely forgot about that aspect while telling my "cool story". But nonetheless my example is still holding, there also has been outcries "that's it, I'm quitting". The thing is - it's not how it works. Most users doesn't give a single damn about how supposedly "bad" or "dirty" site they using as long as it's useful. And there we see features being added, not subtracted, so - no reasons to leave. Yes, some users definitely leave - but it's just a minority.
I wasn't speaking my own point of view. Notice that I'm using "guess" - I'm trying to think about possible reasons other people may have.
As about "long term" - my guess it's all that bloody "global financial crisis", may be they just afraid it will not work for that long. +)

There is such thing as shit taste. Only idiots think that every "work of art" should have the same value.

Oct 24, 2016 9:57 PM

Oct 2015
kitsune0 said:
@WraithAzula, no, you explained fine and I does understood, it's just that I completely forgot about that aspect while telling my "cool story". But nonetheless my example is still holding, there also has been outcries "that's it, I'm quitting". The thing is - it's not how it works. Most users doesn't give a single damn about how supposedly "bad" or "dirty" site they using as long as it's useful. And there we see features being added, not subtracted, so - no reasons to leave. Yes, some users definitely leave - but it's just a minority.
I wasn't speaking my own point of view. Notice that I'm using "guess" - I'm trying to think about possible reasons other people may have.
As about "long term" - my guess it's all that bloody "global financial crisis", may be they just afraid it will not work for that long. +)

Yep, could very well be they want to make the most of it whilst they can but in general the owning corporation has different views than management. They may set boundaries but those running the site make the crucial decisions.

For what it's worth they've grown MAL over several years so it clearly isn't just a fad for those involved. I'll stand by my opinion that this supporter idea is a poor one, here's to hoping for the best xD

ps. Your story was a good example, but my view still stands that even in that case, was it the most efficient or effective method? As you said people don't care as long as somethings useful and at least currently MAL still is, hopefully it stays that way!
Oct 24, 2016 10:10 PM

Jan 2016
Cool update! Looking forward to future improvements!
Oct 24, 2016 10:19 PM

Sep 2010
@WraithAzula, oh, I wasn't defending this "Supporter" idea, I also think it's bad, it's just that - I think I can understand why they doing it. I highly doubt it'll go away in near future.

Oct 25, 2016 5:47 AM

Dec 2015
Good change. Nothing too major to make others that aren't paying unhappy (you still can use the basic site functions and 10 favorites is already a lot and color stuf for the bars is only visual).

I guess this will make more people wanna buy premium/supporter upgrade. So next important change should be to make payment via PayPal possible - should lead to a lot more money then. And then they can check if there should be more premium benefits added.

Character limit (for forum posts) ... some people mentioned it? Now I don't think this a removal of this should be added. Would be more than a minor change if you said they were allowed to spam (no char limit = more spam) and other users arent. (Like using 2 different forum rule sets for the supporters and non-supporters).

Edit: Also: Mentioning this on the profile settings page is not a big deal. This isn't "spamming" to me - since it isn't a page you visit frequently. Would be spamming if on every forum page there appeared some hint regarding the supporter upgrade.

As additional feature I'd suggest to be able to change the order of the "watching" / "completed" / "dropped" / ... bars on your profile. And additionally: Allowing for custom "lists" (yes this also has been denied and people have been told to use their blogs) - but I'd like to see such lists possibe (limited amount per user of course) and then some stats bar for them in your profile. (Or some auto-generated bars for the genre tags showing the stats where it adds all the time watched for "action", "mecha" stuff like that ... for eac one a bar.)
LuthandoriusOct 25, 2016 5:52 AM
Oct 25, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
Luthandorius said:
This isn't "spamming" to me - since it isn't a page you visit frequently.

For people that don't edit their profile or list often, it's not a page they visit often, but I edit my profile and list design a lot and so to me, it's a page I visit quite frequently. But everyone feels differently, to you it don't feel like spamming but to me it does but I already settled it by blocking it with the block element. In fact, everything involving this premium, excuse me I mean 'supporter', system is blocked on my computer so I don't even know who are premium members and who isn't.

Oh boy, oh boy oh boy. "It's not spamming, though!" I mean they only have it there:

And here:

(for people who haven't blocked it yet)

And here:

And here:

But no, folks, that's NOT spamming.

I pay $70 a month to access the internet, including this web site, I am NOT going to be paying individually for web sites that I visit. That does not mean I don't appreciate the work they do on here or any other sites. I really do appreciate their hard work but this site, or any other site, is not free. I see $70 bouncing out my bank account every month to be able to access this web site many others so no, this site isn't free.

And not to sound like a mega witch (which I'm probably going to but I don't care) It's not my job to keep this site or any other sites running. "You sound entitled" Yeah, for $70 a month I have a right to sound and act entitled.

ArillionOct 25, 2016 2:40 PM
Oct 25, 2016 2:06 PM

Jan 2015
I don't see what the problem is. We are using a FREE site that we can all use and enjoy. So they add something for a few bucks a month which is nothing to help support themselves. Many people use Ad blocker which hurts them, but they deal with it. They added a few BASIC things for people who support the site. What is wrong with that you may ask? Absolutely nothing.
Oct 25, 2016 7:05 PM

Mar 2015
I would normally have neither the time nor the patience to deal with yet another glorious idea that you people think up, but I think it's about time I throw my two cents in and reserve a right to go "told you so" when things start falling apart (more than they already have, at least).

WisestOne said:
I don't see what the problem is. We are using a FREE site that we can all use and enjoy. So they add something for a few bucks a month which is nothing to help support themselves. Many people use Ad blocker which hurts them, but they deal with it. They added a few BASIC things for people who support the site. What is wrong with that you may ask? Absolutely nothing.

Uh huh, free stuff is free, so using MAL is a privilege, be grateful, etc etc. And people wonder why so many migrated to other sites? This is just the beginning, they started off giving "supporters" a title, and then added the profile colour thing. Now there's the obnoxious hat shit. Don't play the "it's a slippery slope" card, it's bloody obvious we're going right down that slope right now.

Ari_the_Lioness said:

For people that don't edit their profile or list often, it's not a page they visit often, but I edit my profile and list design a lot and so to me, it's a page I visit quite frequently. But everyone feels differently, to you it don't feel like spamming but to me it does but I already settled it by blocking it with the block element. In fact, everything involving this premium, excuse me I mean 'supporter', system is blocked on my computer so I don't even know who are premium members and who isn't.

Oh boy, oh boy oh boy. "It's not spamming, though!" I mean they only have it there:

And here:

(for people who haven't blocked it yet)

And here:

And here:

But no, folks, that's NOT spamming.

I pay $70 a month to access the internet, including this web site, I am NOT going to be paying individually for web sites that I visit. That does not mean I don't appreciate the work they do on here or any other sites. I really do appreciate their hard work but this site, or any other site, is not free. I see $70 bouncing out my bank account every month to be able to access this web site many others so no, this site isn't free.

And not to sound like a mega witch (which I'm probably going to but I don't care) It's not my job to keep this site or any other sites running. "You sound entitled" Yeah, for $70 a month I have a right to sound and act entitled.

Finally a shred of sense in this thread. We are entitled to this service; if MAL goes down the crapper there are several alternatives. Look, I love MAL, there's a reason why I used to haunt AD forums like some lifeless creep. I love it for the forums, the list designs, the stupid moderator drama. But this is just stupid. If you want me to donate, then give me something I can get behind. This attempt to add a form of premium membership is only going to make me more adamant that I made the right decision by not donating.
Oct 25, 2016 7:43 PM

Mar 2010
Is there any way to remove the witch hat? Since I'm considering removing my supporter status atm if there's going to be unwanted stuff on my set for each and every event till next year.
Oct 25, 2016 11:05 PM
Overlord

Nov 2004
natsukage said:
Is there any way to remove the witch hat? Since I'm considering removing my supporter status atm if there's going to be unwanted stuff on my set for each and every event till next year.

The hat visibility is currently tied to whether you have a forum custom title enabled/populated.
Oct 26, 2016 12:13 AM

Nov 2014
Ari_the_Lioness said:

I don't really want to join some bigger discussion here, but that part bothers me. What does you internet have to do with specific websites? I mean, if you pay for electricity it doesn't mean you get TV or internet for free and it's same here - you internet provider has nothing to do with MAL.
MAL is business. They need to make money anyway and it's only matter of how they get it.

As I stated in my previous post, I'm slightly worried about current direction of supporter thingie. Not because it's unfair or sth, but because I have interest in MAL userbase being big and active, and it risks hurting it, even if it ends up being more profitable this way.
JustAnotherShiroOct 26, 2016 12:16 AM
Oct 26, 2016 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
Terkhev said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:

I don't really want to join some bigger discussion here, but that part bothers me. What does you internet have to do with specific websites? I mean, if you pay for electricity it doesn't mean you get TV or internet for free and it's same here - you internet provider has nothing to do with MAL.
MAL is business. They need to make money anyway and it's only matter of how they get it.

As I stated in my previous post, I'm slightly worried about current direction of supporter thingie. Not because it's unfair or sth, but because I have interest in MAL userbase being big and active, and it risks hurting it, even if it ends up being more profitable this way.

I meant exactly what I posted and I'm sorry you're bothered by it. Don't know what to say about that. Again I'm already paying to access the internet. This is a web site, and I do not, I repeat do not, let me emphasis that one more time, do NOT pay web sites indivdually to use them when I'm already paying to access the internet as a whole. And I do not see web sites as businesses. I see them as web sites that I already pay for via $70 a month. Whether it makes sense or not or you agree with me or not I don't care. My mind is not to to change. They need money? Shit so do I! So does my grandmother and Milton down the street. But again, I don't really care anymore. I blocked everything that has anything to do with the subscription service. So I'm actually done with this thread.
ArillionOct 26, 2016 8:19 AM
Oct 26, 2016 11:05 AM

Mar 2010
Xinil said:
natsukage said:

The hat visibility is currently tied to whether you have a forum custom title enabled/populated.
I see, I didn't verify that option. Thanks, and thanks Xinil for all the hard work you've done, along with the rest of the staff, for this website over the years. ^^
Oct 29, 2016 1:28 AM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
I look forward to supporting next pay check
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Oct 30, 2016 12:48 AM

Jun 2009
Ari_the_Lioness said:

you're not entitled to shit. MAL can do whatever the fuck they want with their website.
Oct 30, 2016 7:18 AM

Mar 2015
Tyestor said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:

you're not entitled to shit. MAL can do whatever the fuck they want with their website.

'Course. Then we can leave to alternative websites too. Which, from the looks of things, could happen pretty damn soon.
Oct 30, 2016 10:30 AM

Jan 2015
Tyestor said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:

I said I wasn't going to come back here but I wanted to respond to this.
I never said they couldn't do whatever they wanted with this web site. They can have sex with it for all I care. It's a web site, a freaking WEB SITE! And yes, I am entitled. If I"m going to fork out $70 dollars a month, I'm entitled to use the internet and this web site. Whether you agree with me and whether you think I'm entitled or not, I don't give a good flying crap. You're not paying my internet bill therefore I don't care what you or anyone else thinks on here. My money, my internet that I'm paying for. Therefore I'm entitled. NOW I'm done with this thread.
ArillionOct 30, 2016 10:54 AM
Oct 31, 2016 9:43 AM

Dec 2015
It's fun to see grown up (I assume they are grown up since they pay for their internet access themselves) people cry like little kids just because a free to use websites offers also some minor upgrades you can subscribe to for a low price.

Also $70 seems expensive. In € this would be about €63. (Here in Germany where we usually have a lot of taxes you can get internet access for a lot cheaper.) Aren't there other cheaper providers in the USA? Probably you also are paying for high speed and stuff like that (which you don't even need to access all the free websites you are using).
EDIT: Seems USA really is a lot more expensive. I knew it was more expensive ... but didn't know the difference was that huge. Maybe because of lower population density - which means more cost per population for the company to set up all the cables and stuff - leading to higher fees. Also some monopolies ... because service areas usually don't overlap and often in 1 area only 1 provider available and no competiton. Interesting article (especially for interested people not from the USA that want some info on the situation there): http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/1/8321437/maps-show-why-internet-is-more-expensive-us-europe-competition

Irrelevant how much you have to pay to access the internet. The payment is for the access and tha cost of data transport which your ISP offers to you.

And yes. Websites are not businesses. But someone needs to run/maintain a website. (And sometimes businesses aren runninb websits. Not all the websites online are run by individual single people.) This does not happen for free. Sometimes free websites don't even have advertisements. But that doesn't mean there aren't any costs. (They just pay for themselves or have other means to cover the costs.)

Then often we have websites that are run by advertisements. Might cover the cost of the server. (Somewhere there needs to be a server an people physically having access to it and maintaining it and electricity and stuff like that.)

Then we have other costs for the content. Not all of that is free. For newspapers more and more of them (at least in my country) are trying to offer paid services since less people are buying printed newspapers nowadays: Meaning less earnings to cover the payments for reporters and journalists. (You know ... those people that are writing the articles in a newspaper. Articles just don't appear out of nowhere.)

Why letting them read for free online when previously they had to pay for the printed newspaper. (And no that wasn't only for the cost of the paper - then they would have been a lot cheaper.) So they are trying to make money online. Nothing wrong with it.

NOBODY IS FORCED TO PAY.

Similar with websites like MAL that have server cost and people maintaining/developing the actual content (website/code ... making more and new features).

And I still don't think it is spamming. The screenshots showed some stuff that fit perfectly with the colors of the website. Wasn't straining the eyes. Only maybe the red button with white text. ... But not a big deal. Only 1 button.

I think that sudden halloween change ... whole top bar in black ... that is more annoying to me. (I would prefer the blue since I am used to it and I don't like changes. Also the new list style was a bit annoying but I could change it back to the old one in the settings.) Much more trouble than some small "support" buttons.
LuthandoriusOct 31, 2016 9:55 AM
Nov 2, 2016 4:57 PM

Mar 2014
Favorites
Show twice the love with double the number of favorites (from 10 to 20) for each category
I'm kind of pissed now
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 3, 2016 7:35 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Oh, just noticed the perks. Nice. My profile now looks like a circus :)

Also, lol at the people who think MAL is some sort of public service they're entitled to. I guess they were Bernie Sanders' supporters... expecting free things to be as good as the things you actually have to pay for.
Seriously now, why proudly proclaim how you don't care about MAL much in the first place, and then complain about benefits you'll also say you don't care about?
BatoKusanagiNov 3, 2016 3:26 PM
Nov 3, 2016 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
BatoKusanagi said:

Also, lol at the people who think MAL is some sort of public service their entitled to.

But it IS a public service we're entitled to. It's a web site, on the internet. It's not a private service. Unless it's a web site that people can only access through private URL, it's public. That a lot of people that are going to come and use it without paying and unfortunately not going to have a positive experience in the forums because they are going to be attacked from all sides from people that are paying for this free web site. I'm going to start throwing out warnings to newcomers so they won't be blindsided. And of course you brought politics in because why not? EVERYTHING, including using a web site, involves politics now. Also it's 'they're' not 'their.' If you are going to laugh at people, at least make sure you're using the right spelling. That is all. Seriously I'm done with this thread now.....maybe.

Edit: Then I realize that the newcomer isn't going to have a positive experience anyways since it's the internet where a lot of forums, regardless of which forum it is, doesn't provide a positive experience with the clashing of opinions. I had to put this thread on my ignored since I keep coming back to it and that is one thing I don't like doing is arguing on the internet. So ignoring is the only way to keep me from coming back here and lurking.

Have a good day everyone. :)
ArillionNov 3, 2016 2:21 PM
Nov 3, 2016 3:25 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Ari_the_Lioness said:
But it IS a public service we're entitled to. It's a web site, on the internet. It's not a private service. Unless it's a web site that people can only access through private URL, it's public. That a lot of people that are going to come and use without paying and unfortunately not going to have a positive experience in the forums because they are going to be attacked from all sides from people that are paying for this free web site. I'm going to start throwing out warnings to newcomers so they won't be blindsided. And of course you brought politics in because why not? EVERYTHING, including using a web site, involves politics now. Also it's 'they're' not 'their.' If you are going to laugh at people, at least make sure you're using the right spelling. That is all. Seriously I'm done with this thread now.....maybe.

Nope. Wrong on all accounts, except the spelling correction, point taken. Netflix is a website, on the internet that you just access like any other, but if you don't pay; you obviously won't be getting the same service as paying members. MAL could go the same route, and you wouldn't get a say on the matter because Xinil is just some guy and DeNA a corporation, not the government. Also, MAL is not a union or something; it is private. I guess you could buy some of MAL LLC., and change things that way.
Another example, Google search. Also, not a service that a company (Google) owes you. It's about profit; this is also the case with MAL.
Another thing, internet domains are private, which is why you have to buy them. In that sense, all URLs are private. Other people can access them, if, and only if, the owner allows them to.

Why would people not paying be attacked? Where is this happening? Paranoid, much? Chances are that you'll be attacked for your favorites than for not being a supporter.

I brought up the politics because he also seemed as confused as you about how businesses work. You reminded me of his naivety.
Nov 4, 2016 6:58 AM

Oct 2015
Joms said:
Kineta said:
This will not become an elitist system. It is something that we are completely against and were very aware of when considering supporter features.

We are very grateful to users who have disabled their adblock to support the site until now, and we're aware that many people may not be able to contribute financially to the site directly. Users who disable adblock are supporting MAL just the same as users who contribute money directly, and we value their experience on the site just as much.

There is absolutely no goal here of creating an "upper tier" of users. And all suggestions for the subscription will be viewed through that lens.

I hope it would, but I doubt people would be enticed (for long-term period) to subscribe just to get rid of ads, and have a simple flair on the top of their forum avatars. They would demand for more, I am certain, but I don't see the problem of this project if financial sustenance is the issue here. I'm just really doubting that you could ascertain us that it would not affect the current state of the community, at the same time make this subscription worthwhile to its subscribers.

Nonetheless, I hope that the community would remain fair and serene to each other (for non-supporters and supporters) just like you had promised, despite this change.

JEEEEESUS With all due respect but stop b*tching pls. This doesn't affect anyone negatively and no one cares, it's just something for people who want to support MAL and have a few cool features, that's it.
Nov 4, 2016 8:29 AM

Feb 2015
Nostalgik said:
Joms said:

I hope it would, but I doubt people would be enticed (for long-term period) to subscribe just to get rid of ads, and have a simple flair on the top of their forum avatars. They would demand for more, I am certain, but I don't see the problem of this project if financial sustenance is the issue here. I'm just really doubting that you could ascertain us that it would not affect the current state of the community, at the same time make this subscription worthwhile to its subscribers.

Nonetheless, I hope that the community would remain fair and serene to each other (for non-supporters and supporters) just like you had promised, despite this change.

JEEEEESUS With all due respect but stop b*tching pls. This doesn't affect anyone negatively and no one cares, it's just something for people who want to support MAL and have a few cool features, that's it.

No shit sherlock, now you're done with your opinion and now it's my time: you have the guts to quote and notify me with that kind of drivel. My post was months ago since this system was established and now you're insulting me (I don't think it's directed to me but why quote me?), saying that I am a bitching?

I had a logical position here and I just watched Deadpool lately and now visiting MAL and I got a 1 on my notification bell, now it's just this? This is unacceptable.
Nov 4, 2016 8:31 AM

Oct 2015
Joms said:
Nostalgik said:

No shit sherlock, now you're done with your opinion and now it's my time: you have the guts to quote and notify me with that kind of drivel. My post was months ago since this system was established and now you're insulting me (I don't think it's directed to me but why quote me?), saying that I am a bitching?

I had a logical position here and I just watched Deadpool lately and now visiting MAL and I got a 1 on my notification bell, now it's just this? This is unacceptable.

Although I should've been less edgy about it, I didn't insult you x) Just said you were bitching (even if just back then). Regardless, my comment was pointless, just a filthy human being expressing unnecessary feelings on the Internet about a meaningless topic at the end of the day. My apologies.
Nov 4, 2016 8:35 AM

Feb 2015
Nostalgik said:
Joms said:

Although I should've been less edgy about it, I didn't insult you x) Just said you were bitching (even if just back then). Regardless, my comment was pointless, just a filthy human being expressing unnecessary feelings on the Internet about a meaningless topic at the end of the day. My apologies.

It's cool man, no need to apologize. You're entitled to your opinions after all. Just make those forum posts count. You got 14 shitposts already compared to my 2000+
Nov 4, 2016 8:38 AM

Oct 2015
Joms said:
Nostalgik said:

It's cool man, no need to apologize. You're entitled to your opinions after all. Just make those forum posts count. You got 14 shitposts already compared to my 2000+

I don't feel the need to comment on forums unless it's about a doubt I have or about a super interesting topic or, in rare cases like this, give my opinion about a random topic I was just reading out of curiosity. But yeah I'll keep that in mind c:
Nov 4, 2016 12:24 PM

Jan 2009
The Banner had started to become so annoying that I had to adblock it.

Sorry, but without updated Payment Options I won't be able to support you and a Banner praising "adfree" or whatever Experience doesn't help, either. Really, you should just keep it simple as "MAL Supporter" and no Gif and whatnot annyoing Effects.
Nov 5, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2007
So, I've been using MAL long enough that I would like to support them. I don't really like ads, so this whole "MAL Supporter" thing makes a lot of sense to me.

However...

Is there anyway to do a one time payment only? By principle, I try not to store my credit-card information anywhere. I'd rather pay once and self-manage when I'm ready to renew my payment. I don't like the idea of Stripe storing my credit-card info for renewal. I'm sure it's weird but just wondered if there's a way to not do automated-renewal of payments.

(Side note: the MAL Supporter page should have a link to how to get more information. I didn't see anything under the FAQ and so had to go looking around. Still not sure if this is the best place to post a question)

EDIT: Just saw the "Need Help" link. It might be useful to put it on the FAQ page as well.
Nov 8, 2016 4:22 AM

Nov 2014
iwubanime said:

Is there anyway to do a one time payment only?

I think it'd work if you started monthly/annual sub and then cancelled it right away. Under "cancel" option there is "No fees will be refunded. Your subscription will end at the next renewal period" information. Unless you don't want to share card information at all (so pay by transfer or sth) this way you can pay once and choose when to renew.
Nov 10, 2016 6:12 PM

Sep 2014
need a neet plan for the neets on mal. or wannabe neets.
Nov 11, 2016 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
To the few that are complaining about not getting features unless you donate... it's $3 a month guys.. ._.
Nov 12, 2016 6:34 AM

Apr 2012
Alne said:
Ari_the_Lioness said:

But it IS a public service we're entitled to. It's a web site, on the internet. It's not a private service. Unless it's a web site that people can only access through private URL, it's public. That a lot of people that are going to come and use it without paying and unfortunately not going to have a positive experience in the forums because they are going to be attacked from all sides from people that are paying for this free web site. I'm going to start throwing out warnings to newcomers so they won't be blindsided. And of course you brought politics in because why not? EVERYTHING, including using a web site, involves politics now. Also it's 'they're' not 'their.' If you are going to laugh at people, at least make sure you're using the right spelling. That is all. Seriously I'm done with this thread now.....maybe.

Edit: Then I realize that the newcomer isn't going to have a positive experience anyways since it's the internet where a lot of forums, regardless of which forum it is, doesn't provide a positive experience with the clashing of opinions. I had to put this thread on my ignored since I keep coming back to it and that is one thing I don't like doing is arguing on the internet. So ignoring is the only way to keep me from coming back here and lurking.

Have a good day everyone. :)

Not gonna bother to quote one of your 55 "I'm done with this thread now" messages but really this man wants to keep going on about $70 like it's some kind of insane amount of money. That's literally half a day of work where I'm working (which isn't even that good of a job) and I have 20 of those a month. Half a day, or 1/40th of my entire work month, for an entire month of entertainment and this guy is literally complaining about spending $3 to help support one of the websites that make the internet a thing worth spending $70 a month to access in the first place.

It's goddamn fucking pathetic how people act these days.
Adblock costs 0$ though.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 12, 2016 10:11 AM

Apr 2012
Alne said:
Immahnoob said:
Adblock costs 0$ though.

now what's the deal with airline food
I wonder that myself, it's like that analogy blows fried anus.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Nov 12, 2016 9:12 PM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
How about a PayPal method for those who don't use a credit card? You'd probably get more supporters if you have more ways to pay for it. I know I would. With PayPal being a universally recognized way of paying for stuff I thought it'd be a no-brainer for a payment choice.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Nov 13, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2015
I'm not going to be confrontational with people over this web site's supporter plan, but I am going to politely ask that if you guys want to trash talk and/or talk about me as if you know me, can you at least not quote me. I keep getting notifications that people are quoting me on this thread even though I'm trying to ignore it. I already said '55 times' that I'm done with this thread so please stop quoting me.

Thank you. And have a good evening or morning or whatever.
Nov 19, 2016 3:00 PM

Jan 2014
I guess I will try MAL supporter plan to make a better opinion of it. I'm mostly neutral towards it but I really like the MAL experience so let's see how this goes.
Nov 24, 2016 10:39 AM

Aug 2016
PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal PayPal
Nov 28, 2016 5:02 AM
Jun 2015
Anime is My Style!
Nov 28, 2016 5:23 AM

May 2016
I would love to subscribe because MAL is just... awesome pawsome. But until paypal payment option is introduced, I'm going to postpone my plan.

Not comfortable typing my credit card and let you guys store it. Sorry :(
Dec 1, 2016 3:50 PM

Jun 2014
I've literally purchased over 1000 things online in the past decade, and I always use Paypal.

No Paypal, no support. Plain and simple.

Dec 8, 2016 6:22 AM
anime pervert

Apr 2013
tfw still no paypal
Dec 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Dec 2014
if you have a paypal option, you would have my support too.
Jan 10, 2017 9:09 AM

Oct 2010
Please add PayPal support as for myself I can't even do a monthly subscription with my debit card because the charge is coming from Japan and it get flagged as a fraud charge and puts my card on hold. Would love to be a supporter, too many hoops to jump through to get the charge to even verify on my debit card right now. I'll be waiting!
Nikoru-sanJan 10, 2017 9:16 AM

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

Jan 11, 2017 6:46 AM

Sep 2012
still no paypal support is pretty discouraging. I want to give you my money, but you just make it so difficult for me..
Jan 12, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2014
My parents would let me if there was a paypal
Apr 12, 2017 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
I really want to donate for you for this wonderfull website. But I dont have a credit card and I never will use this. If you add Paypal-Support, it would be fine for me.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» [Challenge] You Should Read This Manga 2024 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Feb 23

207 by Shin_016 »»
11 hours ago

» Try MAL's New Mobile Site! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Xinil - Feb 15, 2015

423 by RED-clover12 »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

» Planned 5hr Maintenance, Thursday April 25 @ 1am-6am PT

Kineta - Apr 22

0 by Kineta »»
Apr 22, 8:10 PM

» New Site Update: Peak Anime 🗻 ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kineta - Mar 31

213 by Lancelot73 »»
Apr 21, 4:28 AM

» Heavenly Easter Delusion: Devil and Dolce ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 27

3331 by Terra_strong »»
Apr 17, 8:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.