Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jan 20, 2017 12:49 PM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:

Input: There should be a rule stating that restrictions from their respective challenges should also apply in this challenge... if not, I'll have to decrease the points... quite a bit.
AH! Good point/catch. Will update for it now ^^;
Jan 20, 2017 1:26 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@riho88riho about the Anniversary Challenge
noticed some gramatical mistakes so I hope you don't mind me editing them.

Will also get ready the Sign Up Code in the codes thread (since I might forget to do it later before it's released)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 20, 2017 1:37 PM

Sep 2011
SheyCroix said:
@riho88riho about the Anniversary Challenge
noticed some gramatical mistakes so I hope you don't mind me editing them.

Will also get ready the Sign Up Code in the codes thread (since I might forget to do it later before it's released)
Ah thanks! I don't mind the help since sometimes I type faster than I pay attention and other times my bad spelling just comes out haha

Jan 20, 2017 2:04 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
riho88riho said:

=D erm the code for the participants to sign up when it's open? So they don't have to write/code all that or plain quote the post... or should I don't do it?

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 20, 2017 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
SheyCroix said:
riho88riho said:

=D erm the code for the participants to sign up when it's open? So they don't have to write/code all that or plain quote the post... or should I don't do it?
OOOOOOH! Nah, go ahead xD I just completely forgot about it hahahaha <3 Thanks!! ^-^
Jan 20, 2017 3:07 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
riho88riho said:
OOOOOOH! Nah, go ahead xD I just completely forgot about it hahahaha <3 Thanks!! ^-^

Got it (uuff, was working on it xD)

But I changed a couple of details for the code (so it doesn't look like too much written there)
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1583495#msg49392210

I will paste the code in the next post, so give it a look (as it is now). Please delete the post once checked

Also
>> People Challenge - Watch an anime where the main cast has unnatural hair color
everyone? just one?
SheyCroixJan 20, 2017 3:17 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 20, 2017 3:29 PM

Sep 2011
@SheyCroix

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~! Looks much much better now! ^___^ Awesome thanks~! (which did you want me to delete after reviewing? The code or the pOST ABOVE this one?)

And for the people I meant anyone who is lsited as a main character but I guess maybe just one of the MC has unnatural would probably be better XD
Jan 20, 2017 3:39 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@riho88riho the post with the challenge pasted here (#207) haha sorry for not being more clear.

And yeah, It would be quite hard to have all the main cast with unnatural hair color =D

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 25, 2017 4:45 PM

Feb 2010
Sorry, just happened to saw @abystoma2 post in the turn-in thread and realized it was never stated, but just like with 2017, AWC 2015 and 2016 are meant for one turn-in per person.

@riho88riho @SheyCroix @Jhiday @Kreyul

I'm copying the newsletter people also in case this needs to be stated in the next Newsletter or something.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jan 26, 2017 1:32 AM

Apr 2010
Akai_Shuichi said:
Sorry, just happened to saw @abystoma2 post in the turn-in thread and realized it was never stated, but just like with 2017, AWC 2015 and 2016 are meant for one turn-in per person.

Uh, this is a new one ; until now we've always accepted multiple turn-ins for AWC '15 & '16.

(Not that I particularly mind, but we'll definitely need to announce it.)
Jan 26, 2017 5:16 AM

Sep 2011
Jhiday said:
Akai_Shuichi said:

Uh, this is a new one ; until now we've always accepted multiple turn-ins for AWC '15 & '16.

(Not that I particularly mind, but we'll definitely need to announce it.)
Agreed - I'll also needa go back through and figure out what was the highest difficulty completed by those that did multiple XD
Jan 26, 2017 5:29 AM

Nov 2013
I thought that hard, medium and easy were accepted for 2015 and 2016 AWC. And I think that's how it should be, to be honest. 2017 is a bit different, so that one is okay to have only one turn-in, but I see no reason not to accept multiple difficulties for 2015 and 2015.
You all need to watch Nami.

Jan 26, 2017 6:43 AM

Feb 2010
@riho88riho @abystoma2 @Jhiday

Once upon a time, when "points" were fairly new and we were still months away from the huge update I did on this regard, AWCs gave a ton of points, we had a discussion about the points of these challenges. I, ironically, was in favor of them giving points originally, but after the other user gave his arguments, I just had to agree with him. The final decision was lowering the points a bit at that time.

Now, I remembered this, and the argument is basically the same as with the 2017 AWC, even if it's less "damage" than the 2017 challenge (allowing multiple turn-ins in the 2017 challenge would totally break the point system), it's still damage.

The AWCs, besides not being officially part of the club (even if they are the inspiration), are challenges that expire, and while one Hard difficulty per year means a couple extra points, allowing various difficulties means 10 extra points if everything is maxed out (even with 2017 as one turn-in)... that's quite a lot considering this club didn't even existed in 2015, and more importantly, considering those challenges expire but have little to no restrictions. Monthly challenges are already giving a small boost that expires, which I agreed leaving at 0.5 to promote constant activity in the club... but adding those difficulties would only enlarge the gap between old members and new members. I already had a couple of doubts about even giving points to the AWCs... and in the end I did decide that a small reward was the right thing... but it should be that... a small reward.

Jan 26, 2017 6:58 AM

Nov 2013
@Akai_Shuichi
Well, how about like 0.5 or 0.25 points for extra difficulities?

Jan 26, 2017 7:04 AM

Feb 2010
abystoma2 said:
@Akai_Shuichi
Well, how about like 0.5 or 0.25 points for extra difficulities?

You mean like... for example, in your case, earning the full 2 points for hard plus that small extra for each difficulty.. but on the other hand, if someone just turns in Medium, he gets the corresponding 1.0 points?

If so... it might work. I'll need to work the numbers, but I think it might work.

Jan 26, 2017 7:06 AM

Nov 2013
Yep. And of course maximum number of turn-ins is three.

Jan 26, 2017 7:14 AM

Sep 2011
I'd say they'll get the "full" credit for the hardest difficulty they achieved and turned in (even if it was done second) and just general bonus for anything else completed. Not sure if that helps or affects your number-crunchin'

@Akai_Shuichi
Jan 26, 2017 10:13 AM

Feb 2010
That goes without saying... of course they'd get full credit for the hardest difficulty.

Jan 26, 2017 12:08 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Akai_Shuichi @riho88riho @abystoma2

Guys this might need a fix of sorts... maybe?
The Mega Man collection https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1538132#msg47736807
it's pretty much included on the Xebec challenge https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1584678#msg49329327
considering they both award points, is this alright? The only one excluded from Xebec is Mega Man

also in collections, in Studio Trigger moved Little Witch Academia (TV) from unreleased

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Jan 26, 2017 12:23 PM

Feb 2010
I'll get to it tomorrow... it'll most likely result in reducing the collection points from the challenge, but it's not quite it (the end result will more than likely be that though), so tomorrow I'll address that.

@SheyCroix

Jan 27, 2017 2:03 AM

Apr 2010
So, I was thinking. Once in a while, there's some random discussion flaring up in the club comments (e.g. yesterday with on-holds). But it always quickly peters out, because of how inconvenient it is :
- one has to scroll down to the very bottom of the page to read it
- only the last 8 messages are displayed ; you have to browse the (not very user-friendly) archives to read anything one missed
- the site doesn't keep track of what messages you read last (especially as one may be loading the club's main page without reading the comments)

What about creating a (sticky) "General Chat" topic in the club ? It would be much more convenient to house these kinds of discussions.

(The "Suggestions & Discussion" thread would still be devoted to Challenge discussion, as it already is right now.)
Jan 27, 2017 5:24 AM

Sep 2011
Jhiday said:
So, I was thinking. Once in a while, there's some random discussion flaring up in the club comments (e.g. yesterday with on-holds). But it always quickly peters out, because of how inconvenient it is :
- one has to scroll down to the very bottom of the page to read it
- only the last 8 messages are displayed ; you have to browse the (not very user-friendly) archives to read anything one missed
- the site doesn't keep track of what messages you read last (especially as one may be loading the club's main page without reading the comments)

What about creating a (sticky) "General Chat" topic in the club ? It would be much more convenient to house these kinds of discussions.

(The "Suggestions & Discussion" thread would still be devoted to Challenge discussion, as it already is right now.)
While I don't mind makin' a general chat topic, its not the same as the comments - the comments are pretty easy to notice/see that a conversation is going on and makes it easy to jump in. While the general chat would make it a little easier to read older, its not as easily noticed so I think fewer people would notice it and less would participate in that thread. As for "a place to chat", Discord was suggested to me recently to make for the club - but I wasn't sure how interested people were/would be XD
Jan 27, 2017 7:49 AM

Feb 2010
Discord might not be a bad idea. It'd be pretty useful for people asking what to watch for X challenge... The forum works also, of course... but some people might prefer a live chat.

I'm certainly not against the idea... I mean, I'm pretty much always with Discord open.

EDIT: Almost forgot @riho88riho... did you actually checked that the requirements for the Numbers Challenges are... possible? I mean, it's pretty hard, if not impossible, to find an anime that has 6 or 7 as their least common rating... and there's probably just a handful with a 10 as the most common one. I haven't really checked much, but I feel some of those will be close to impossible, if not directly impossible.
Akai_ShuichiJan 27, 2017 7:53 AM

Jan 27, 2017 8:32 AM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
Discord might not be a bad idea. It'd be pretty useful for people asking what to watch for X challenge... The forum works also, of course... but some people might prefer a live chat.

I'm certainly not against the idea... I mean, I'm pretty much always with Discord open.

EDIT: Almost forgot @riho88riho... did you actually checked that the requirements for the Numbers Challenges are... possible? I mean, it's pretty hard, if not impossible, to find an anime that has 6 or 7 as their least common rating... and there's probably just a handful with a 10 as the most common one. I haven't really checked much, but I feel some of those will be close to impossible, if not directly impossible.
Most of them are possible, but some can be pretty hard. I didn't check for each individual number, but I'll re-evaluate 'em a bit. (I've personally been focusing on #2 and #8 so I haven't come across any that were impossible for those... yet lol)

Least rating for 6 and 7 are a bit of a problem... potentially for 8 and 9 as well. I can throw in two "substitute" requirements for all the number challenges. Users can use one or both of these instead of one or two requirements. This should help for if there are any other requirements that are too difficult/annoying to find.
"Watch an anime that aired on the 1#th day" (Ex: 18 for #08 Challenge)
"Watch a series with a rating that has # in it" (Ex: 7.81 for #08 Challenge)

They're a bit easy, but at least they're for sure findable ^^;;
Jan 27, 2017 8:41 AM

Feb 2010
I like the idea. Those two are requirements that anyone can find, and it's probably enough to help anyone being able to complete each challenge. @riho88riho

Feb 4, 2017 6:59 PM

Aug 2015
✿ Username: AYOSHINA
✿ Job Title: HoF Admin/Inspector
✿ Image/Characters/Series: Alucard
✿ Colors:
Feb 13, 2017 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
I'll be travelling on Wednesday to the US and Spain and won't be back home until mid-March or so. During that time I won't be able to calculate points to any new challenge, but you can keep mentioning me as always, and I'll eventually get to it once I'm back.

For the genre challenge, it's just keeping the models from previous challenges. Just try to make sure that people keep to model of 30/45/60 for Hard, depending on how common is the genre. With that you can just copy the points from a similar genre challenge.

Feb 14, 2017 6:31 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@Akai_Shuichi will keep it in mind since I'm planning on getting around some of the suggestions soon. Good luck with your travels and hope you get to enjoy them to the fullest and travel safe without incidents.... Do bring some souvenirs for us xD (at least some pics haha)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 15, 2017 6:27 AM

Sep 2011
@AYOSHINA

SHAAAAAAA BAM!

On a side note, do ya need any help with HoF or Inspecting? If so, just let me know and I'll getcha some assistance ^-^ (don't wanna overwork or overwhelm ya lol)
Feb 15, 2017 5:23 PM

Aug 2015
riho88riho said:
@AYOSHINA

SHAAAAAAA BAM!

On a side note, do ya need any help with HoF or Inspecting? If so, just let me know and I'll getcha some assistance ^-^ (don't wanna overwork or overwhelm ya lol)

Ooooh nice. Thanks~

I'm good with the HoF/Inspecting portion! I'll be updating the HoF/Invalid thread this Friday when I'm actually home w/ my laptop instead of tablet/phone I've been using so this week.
Feb 21, 2017 9:16 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Top 50 AniSon Challenge https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1593964

@Akai_Shuichi for points when you have the time

@riho88riho @abystoma2 Please check for any mistakes on my part.

Riho: I took the liberty to add something that the original lacked. There are several songs there that are listed for more than one anime. I added them to the first post and as "rule" that the participants should use one of the alternatives if the one listed was watched already. Also there were two titles in the original list that were repeated, but those offered another anime so changed to that.

As an extra note to everyone: I will be updating both Top 100 challenges between Feb 28th - Mar 2nd
SheyCroixFeb 24, 2017 1:51 PM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Feb 23, 2017 6:59 PM

Dec 2015
Regarding the Scavenger Hunt Rules and Explanation : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1519312

Under the posting rules (1) :
you cannot use any anime the user who posted before you used (meaning, if user post #1 watches Naruto, post #2 cannot use Naruto even if post #2 listed Naruto "first" - the order of posting will take priority)

I've realized that I had completely disregarded this rule while inspecting (I'm sure there are a few out there). And now that I'm reading it again, it actually does not make sense to keep this rule. What happens if a member completes the challenge and then the member above edits into their post one of the anime used in the completed member's post? Going by what the rules states, the completed member's entry would no longer be valid.
KreyulFeb 23, 2017 7:12 PM
Mar 1, 2017 6:41 AM

Sep 2011
Kreyul said:
Regarding the Scavenger Hunt Rules and Explanation : https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1519312

Under the posting rules (1) :
you cannot use any anime the user who posted before you used (meaning, if user post #1 watches Naruto, post #2 cannot use Naruto even if post #2 listed Naruto "first" - the order of posting will take priority)

I've realized that I had completely disregarded this rule while inspecting (I'm sure there are a few out there). And now that I'm reading it again, it actually does not make sense to keep this rule. What happens if a member completes the challenge and then the member above edits into their post one of the anime used in the completed member's post? Going by what the rules states, the completed member's entry would no longer be valid.
Yeah this rule is out-dated. Even I don't follow it XD haha - the "main" rule for this is just that no two members can have the EXACT SAME list. I realize people use others' posts to help 'em when they get stuck, and most of the time the lists are pretty unique. So instead, just no two full exact same (meaning all same series used for all the same entries).
Mar 1, 2017 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Hopefully I'll get my one year anniversary cards out soon xx I just got my laptop fixed so it shouldn't be too long, thanks for the wait xx
Mar 7, 2017 2:24 AM

Apr 2016
✿ Username: chitochito
✿ Job Title: Advertiser
✿ Image/Characters/Series: Nice
✿ Colors:
Mar 7, 2017 2:49 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
The Featured Article Challenge https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1597621

@riho88riho What if the article is about books (manga, light novels)? If they have an anime counterpart, can that be used? (can you add a note about this in the challenge?)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 15, 2017 6:31 AM

Sep 2011
SheyCroix said:

@riho88riho What if the article is about books (manga, light novels)? If they have an anime counterpart, can that be used? (can you add a note about this in the challenge?)
Yes, and updated ^^
Mar 22, 2017 11:56 AM

Feb 2010
SheyCroix said:

I'll try to work on this tomorrow.

Mar 22, 2017 3:04 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Updating collections formats + adding codes (for sign up; same post)

-----
Updated

Aikatsu! Collection
added : Aikatsu!: Nerawareta Mahou no Aikatsu! Card (pending; not approved), Aikatsu Stars! Hoshi no Tsubasa

Bleach Collection
added: Bleach Colourful!: Gotei Juusan Yatai Daisakusen!

Cardfight!! Collection
added: Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Next (airing)

A Certain... (Toaru) Collection
added: Toaru Majutsu no Index 10th Anniversary PV

@abystoma2
SheyCroixMar 24, 2017 11:35 AM

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 24, 2017 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
So before I switch all my images over to imgur - has anyone heard or seen anything bad or go wrong with imgur? Any limits I needa know of, etc.? >.< I'm tired of trying all these other sites and they jsut not working lol
Mar 24, 2017 10:55 AM

Feb 2010
I don't think I've ever seen imgur down. I do agree that the url thing is a shame. For me, having the challenge in the image url makes my life easier when editing my badge collection and stuff... but I guess we can all live with that.

After a bit of google, I found this, which might help a bit in regards to the url thing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4737384/how-to-set-non-random-file-names-on-imgur-com

Mar 24, 2017 11:16 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
I don't remember seeing any problems with the site.... the only bad thing would be about the img link..... that will give so much work T_T

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 24, 2017 11:47 AM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
I don't think I've ever seen imgur down. I do agree that the url thing is a shame. For me, having the challenge in the image url makes my life easier when editing my badge collection and stuff... but I guess we can all live with that.

After a bit of google, I found this, which might help a bit in regards to the url thing.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4737384/how-to-set-non-random-file-names-on-imgur-com
Ah that does work. Interesting. Also means I can come up with a new naming convention as I slowly swithc 'em all over XD haha

@SheyCroix - I agree. I'm super bummed because we've had to keep switching hosts because they've failed us! So I'm putting my money on imgur being the final stopping place and will slowly, but surely get all the links switched over. I'm in the process of getting all the badges re-uploaded on imgur now. I will be suuuuuper peeved if this time it fails again ;_;
Mar 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Sep 2011
So knocking this out there early (will post it in the next newsletter if there are no objections) - I've made a discord server for AWC club. It's been asked for and *shrug* I thought it'd be cool to actually live-chat with members. If anyone thinks it's a bad idea, let me know. Those that are staff, please let me know if you join and what your discord name is so I can set you as server staff. Thanks and happy chatting~!

https://discord.gg/YJFr3

@Kreyul @Jhiday - Please add this to the April 1st newsletter.

P.S.
My first time making a discord server, so if ya join and somethings wrong or not working let me know and I'll go my best to figure it out XD
riho88rihoMar 27, 2017 2:37 PM
Mar 27, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2010
@riho88riho The idea is great, but I tried to join through that link and it says the invitation is invalid.

So lets start by that problem, lol

Mar 27, 2017 2:37 PM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
@riho88riho The idea is great, but I tried to join through that link and it says the invitation is invalid.

So lets start by that problem, lol
Then let's try the invite rather than the share >.> lol https://discord.gg/YJFr3
Mar 27, 2017 3:19 PM

Feb 2010
That's the same link as before.... with the same result. I'd help you, but I've never actually created a Discord channel.

Mar 27, 2017 3:27 PM

Feb 2010
@riho88riho A friend of mine who is an admin of a Discord group told me you have to click the botton next to the name of the server and select invite people. Also, considering this will be public, make sure to make the link permanent.

Mar 27, 2017 4:05 PM

Sep 2011
Akai_Shuichi said:
@riho88riho A friend of mine who is an admin of a Discord group told me you have to click the botton next to the name of the server and select invite people. Also, considering this will be public, make sure to make the link permanent.
Dang my copy and paste (though a few others found it and I'm not really sure how.. ahah)

Let's try... this one~ (followed the instrutions lol)
https://discord.gg/cdmxAcc
Mar 27, 2017 5:33 PM

Aug 2015
riho88riho said:
So knocking this out there early (will post it in the next newsletter if there are no objections) - I've made a discord server for AWC club. It's been asked for and *shrug* I thought it'd be cool to actually live-chat with members. If anyone thinks it's a bad idea, let me know. Those that are staff, please let me know if you join and what your discord name is so I can set you as server staff. Thanks and happy chatting~!

https://discord.gg/YJFr3

@Kreyul @Jhiday - Please add this to the April 1st newsletter.

P.S.
My first time making a discord server, so if ya join and somethings wrong or not working let me know and I'll go my best to figure it out XD

Ohhh!~ Discord sounds like fun! I'm liking the idea.
My username on the site is the same as MAL.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Scavenger Hunt #11 [Ferry Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jan 9, 2017

319 by silveraaki »»
3 hours ago

» Scavenger Hunt #09 [Ferry Set] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Nov 18, 2016

319 by silveraaki »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » 🏆 Challenges Turn-Ins (v.3) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SheyCroix - Nov 1, 2021

8815 by BeanChagBear »»
3 hours ago

» Short Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Jun 28, 2016

527 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
4 hours ago

» Demons Challenge ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

riho88riho - Sep 18, 2018

384 by silveraaki »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.