Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2016 10:42 AM
Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I did not expect for the show to be finished, really thanks to ColdFusion.

At last it's finished.. 357 feels more like the ending than 358.. Did they miscount the episode somewhere? No announcement or anything at the end, it feels like regular episode.

The show has been hit or miss to me. The episodes above 300 are mostly miss. I like the KeroZero part at most. It maybe repetitive but in overall it's not bad.

Sad the anime is no more.. Fuyuki's VA is also not here anymore.
I hope that Keroro anime will return someday..
(I don't like the 2014 anime)
Aug 23, 2017 4:51 AM

Jan 2011
Very entertaining. Thanks to ColdFusion for completing the series. And thanks to the subbers of the earlier eps that got me started watching this great show. I'll miss this show.
9/10
Aug 27, 2019 5:33 PM

Oct 2010
The original airing of the anime's last season was kind of weird. Episodes only had 15 minutes at the usual Saturday morning timeslot, because half of Keroro's timeslot was taken by SD Gundam. Then there was a second airing late at night that added a second story to complete a full half hour (the first episode of the 7th season makes fun of this with the first night story being called "Keroro of the Night" and actually was about airing at night)... However, on top of that, this late night run only was shown in the Tokyo area (later there was a rerun for the entire country though, IIRC).

Anyway, the final episode that aired in the original run of the morning timeslot was actually a full half hour - that was episode 357. That's why it's really directed and written more like an ending (like the opening used as credits, "Haru" arrives, Keron Supreme Commander, the whole "You've invaded our hearts" conclusion).

Episode 358 aired only at night (which in this case had double the airing time too, taking a full hour with a rerun of the morning story, episode 357, and then this extra one). So, basically, episode 357 is the actual ending, while 358 is more like a special or OVA, just still considered part of the tv run.

If you've read the manga though, they did change the ending of the 2nd story to make it more ending-like. Originally it was only Fuyuki eating with Keroro under the tree while Mutsumi talked by himself like in the anime and then Keroro was forced to leave to continue his training, while in the anime, they added most of the main cast somehow ending up there too and the cute Momoka/Fuyuki moment near the ending, attempting to make it a big goodbye scene for the viewers.

Anyway, I like most of this episode, but...

Part A in the manga was originally a sequel to a pseudo Seven of Seven crossover story (where rather than science it was a ninja technique that split Nana, also tons of other Imagawa characters briefly appeared too)... so it's kind of annoying they never adapted it and had to cut the references to it here. Dororo isn't even supposed to be able to create permanent clones like this (It's kind of hilarious that these Keroro clones actually still pop up in some later chapters when the ending makes it feel like this would be a completely standalone thing).

Part B is generally better than the manga version since they focused on giving it a big ending due to it being technically the final story, but it feels like the execution of some scenes was off, like the one where Momoka angsts about being unable to stay with Fuyuki and the narrator drops in to remember everyone it's still Keroro Gunso. It seemed to happen a bit too quickly in the anime.
NeonDZAug 27, 2019 6:08 PM
Aug 27, 2019 5:57 PM
Jul 2008
NeonDZ said:
The original airing of the anime's last season was kind of weird. Episodes only had 15 minutes at the usual Saturday morning timeslot, because half of Keroro's timeslot was taken by SD Gundam. Then there was a second airing late at night that added a second story to complete a full half hour (the first episode of the 7th season makes fun of this with the first night story being called "Keroro of the Night" and actually was about airing at night)... However, on top of that, this late night run only was shown in the Tokyo area (later there was a rerun for the entire country though, IIRC).

Anyway, the final episode that aired in the original run of the morning timeslot was actually a full half hour - that was episode 357. That's why it's really directed and written more like an ending (like the opening used as credits, "Haru" arrives, Keron Supreme Commander, the whole "You've invaded our hearts" conclusion).

Episode 358 aired only at night (which in this case had double the airing time too, taking a full hour with a rerun of the morning story and then this extra one). So, basically, episode 357 is the actual ending, while 358 is more like a special or OVA, just still considered part of the tv run.

If you've read the manga though, they did change the ending of the 2nd story to make it more ending-like. Originally it was only Fuyuki eating with Keroro under the tree while Mutsumi talked by himself like in the anime and then Keroro was forced to leave to continue his training, while in the anime, they added most of the main cast somehow ending up there too and the cute Momoka/Fuyuki moment near the ending, attempting to make it a big goodbye scene for the viewers.

I'm surprised someone provided me information about this 3 years later.. Thank you!

I did read the manga too but somehow the publication stopped so I have to rely on the anime to continue with Keroro.

Last question(if you bother to answer), do you have any favorite character? I like Giroro the most!
Aug 27, 2019 6:13 PM

Oct 2010
LeonLanford said:
Last question(if you bother to answer), do you have any favorite character? I like Giroro the most!

It's a pretty boring answer, but Keroro, I guess? He just seems to work well doesn't matter the context or how big or small his role in the story is. My favorite stories are actually some Dororo and Kururu focused episodes, but I feel like when they're reduced to secondary characters they often become too one note.
Jan 5, 2021 5:38 AM
Apr 2016
Started this show on November 22, 2020, and 14 days later, on January 5, I finished it! Most of the humor was loud, and I dislike that kind of comedy — unless the joke is tied to a reference I get (like Ashita no Joe). It didn't make me laugh much, but probably because I watched most of it while multi-tasking (was doing anything from studying to posting in forums). The characters were awesome though, certainly enjoyed their presence a ton. However, it started feeling very repetitive just 100 episodes in; my mind drifted and I started putting less attention to the show; I was obviously still reading the subtitles properly. I didn't really like how the further we got, the more excessive the fanservice scenes got — they were everywhere by the end, no matter the episode.

This marks my 1000th anime!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 42 Discussion

neji64plms - Aug 18, 2011

1 by WingWint457 »»
Apr 1, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 3 Discussion

giraffesyo - Jul 22, 2012

4 by Dolcett »»
Nov 19, 2023 11:21 AM

» gunsou

yahyaduale - Aug 28, 2023

1 by Fakedutchess4903 »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:18 PM

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 32 Discussion

nyanbinary - May 2, 2020

1 by Ashhk »»
Aug 11, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Keroro Gunsou Episode 31 Discussion

nyanbinary - May 2, 2020

2 by Ashhk »»
Aug 11, 2023 12:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.