Forum Settings
Forums

Watching 1 long series vs multiple short series

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 13, 2016 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
I only watch one series at a time, long or short, unless its ongoing. Which one depends on how i'm feeling.
Sep 13, 2016 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
I balance between watching long and shorter series. I tend to cycle. I think that is the best way to do it and you get to experience both. I watched One Piece for 8 months straight to catch up and nothing else and then watched a bunch of shorter stuff. Some time from now I will start a big one again.
Sep 13, 2016 4:45 PM

Dec 2015
Star_Slayer said:
I watch one a anime at a time, maybe two.
Same here. I find that allows me maximum enjoyment and I can really focus on the plot and think about it all.
Sep 13, 2016 4:59 PM

Oct 2015
I tend to stick with short series. I can not stand fillers. most mainstream series such as Naruto has fillers. Though there are many more and i am guilty of watching some such as bleach and DBZ..... but my point is long series that have 20 episodes of canon and 40 episodes of bull.... well just drives me insane because i want to know what happens next and i like the more driven character development. my genre base also tends to lead me away from long series as well. i suppose its really just opinion.. so given that my opinion is forget about long series and watch a hundred short ones. i also tend to get more satisfaction at the completion of a short series than i do a long one and im also an anime movie junkie so that helps in this as well. also i tend to dislike a lot of the major anime such as Hunter x Hunter and One Piece. but yet again that leads me back to my preferred genre. anyways im just rambling..... May karma smile upon you... and have a pleasant day.
Sep 13, 2016 6:13 PM

Apr 2015
What I normally try to do is watch two to four shows at once. One long series, one or two series that are 1-cour, and an OVA or Movie thrown in there somewhere.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 13, 2016 6:20 PM

Sep 2014
I guess it depends on what show you watch and when you watch it.

When I feel like watching visually stunning, adrenaline rushed shows, perhaps I'll gravitate towards shorter series(not saying long series are not visually stunning noradrenaline rushed). However, I love Logh, and if I feel like sticking onto a character to the end for a long stretched story, I will do so, eg. Monster.

In the end it usually is both at the same time to balance out.
Sep 14, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2010
As I tend to do binge watching on computer I better see short animes, or it's never gonna end. I always take break between 2 anime series

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 2 hours ago

10 by BigBoyAdvance »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

41 by Nyarly-Kanamin »»
2 minutes ago

» Skibidi toilet piece (One piece story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 3 hours ago

9 by BigBoyAdvance »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - Yesterday

35 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.