Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 22, 2016 12:20 PM

Oct 2010

Looks like he will go on a vacation trip to alola with his mom
Sep 22, 2016 11:14 PM
Jan 2011
Great Ash is de-aging, even peter pan doesn't have that problem. In a few more years he'll be a toddler, the same size as pikachu so it's like pikachu x 2 and kids will love pokemon more for it since it'll be cuteness x 2.
Sep 23, 2016 9:23 AM

Jul 2008
eien_kiseki said:
Great Ash is de-aging, even peter pan doesn't have that problem. In a few more years he'll be a toddler, the same size as pikachu so it's like pikachu x 2 and kids will love pokemon more for it since it'll be cuteness x 2.

Dont get dramatic. The style has changed and that may make him look younger but nothing has been confirmed whether he actually got made younger.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Sep 24, 2016 5:41 AM
Feb 2016
maybe he is ash's long lost cousin
Sep 24, 2016 7:04 PM

Apr 2014
Y'all dumb, judging a character based on one image.
Even more dumb by thinking Ash can't seem to age and is just "trapped in a coma" or something theory.

If you think realistically, the creators keep their main character the same age because kids can't relate to an adult Ash. Pokemon is made for childen, their consumers are children and will always keep raking in the money from children's parents. They weren't made for us oldies, but if we like it, it's even better for them. That's why Ash is still a young boy. Kids will inspire to be like Ash "if he can do it, I can too!" not like "Oh I'm going to wait a few years to be like Ash." So don't go reading too much into anything. I don't see kids questioning Ash if he's gotten bottox or is trapped in a time machine.

Besides, Pokemon needs to keep creating and creating to keep their line going as well, or else they become irrelevant. Fuck the people who like to kiss ass to "originality". I like the new Pokemon. It's new and exciting. I love Vulpix and Ninetails' Aloha forms. I'd love to get them to freeze your asses numb. : )
AlhaithamsSep 24, 2016 7:11 PM
Sep 25, 2016 8:51 AM

May 2009
From what I have read this animé goes for the more comedic direction mixed with battles and adventures. This is great news to me, I am getting a Dragon Ball (original) feeling from Sun/moon. The supporting cast will be really funny and dynamic. It'll be a breath of fresh air, and I can't wait to inhale it.
Oct 10, 2016 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
MiichieLin said:
Even more dumb by thinking Ash can't seem to age and is just "trapped in a coma" or something theory.

If you think realistically, the creators keep their main character the same age because kids can't relate to an adult Ash. Pokemon is made for childen, their consumers are children and will always keep raking in the money from children's parents. They weren't made for us oldies, but if we like it, it's even better for them. That's why Ash is still a young boy. Kids will inspire to be like Ash "if he can do it, I can too!" not like "Oh I'm going to wait a few years to be like Ash." So don't go reading too much into anything. I don't see kids questioning Ash if he's gotten bottox or is trapped in a time machine.

Besides, Pokemon needs to keep creating and creating to keep their line going as well, or else they become irrelevant. Fuck the people who like to kiss ass to "originality". I like the new Pokemon. It's new and exciting. I love Vulpix and Ninetails' Aloha forms. I'd love to get them to freeze your asses numb. : )
No, Kids can't relate to Ash cause they don't even know him. and inspire Ash? how? when he can't even win a single league how? heck that's probably the reason why yo-kai watch is getting all the popularity because kids can relate to main character and inspire the main character. Seriously why can't they just let him win and become champion and replace him? Heck it works with other kids anime so i see no reason why it shouldn't work with pokemon.
Oct 10, 2016 4:23 AM
Sep 2014
new team member girl look ok https://postimg.org/image/8qnky1pn1/
Oct 13, 2016 7:51 PM
Mar 2015
Greninja_170 said:
MiichieLin said:

No, Kids can't relate to Ash cause they don't even know him. and inspire Ash? how? when he can't even win a single league how? heck that's probably the reason why yo-kai watch is getting all the popularity because kids can relate to main character and inspire the main character. Seriously why can't they just let him win and become champion and replace him? Heck it works with other kids anime so i see no reason why it shouldn't work with pokemon.

They can't even let him "just win". They already introduced things that happen even after you win the league, because winning that tournament is just the first step to other things. Yet the can't even do that.

Replacing Ash does nothing for their own writing faults.
Oct 14, 2016 10:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Here is some perspective from an animator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBH3IYRjaw
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 15, 2016 10:31 AM

Sep 2016
@Nick_Pyro What?
Oct 25, 2016 10:52 PM

Apr 2014
Greninja_170 said:
MiichieLin said:

Um, they DO know Ash / Satoshi. They've watched him for many seasons. Even I've stuck with Pokemon since the very beginning so even I know who he is. Making him win a league will only make him a gary sue. The people at Pokemon are teaching kids that "nO you can't win everything, not everything goes your way!!" because it's not about the reward at the end, it's about the actual journey and what you learn from it. It also made sense that Alan wins, in the Kalos League as of recently. Thank god they made Ash a optimistic character cause he's always going to aspire to do better.
Oct 26, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2016
MiichieLin said:
Greninja_170 said:

Um, they DO know Ash / Satoshi. They've watched him for many seasons. Even I've stuck with Pokemon since the very beginning so even I know who he is. Making him win a league will only make him a gary sue. The people at Pokemon are teaching kids that "nO you can't win everything, not everything goes your way!!" because it's not about the reward at the end, it's about the actual journey and what you learn from it. It also made sense that Alan wins, in the Kalos League as of recently. Thank god they made Ash a optimistic character cause he's always going to aspire to do better.
Um no they do not know who he is, people like you know who he is because you've watched him since the beginning. And really? making him win the league will only make him a gary sue? i would believe that if he didn't keep losing every single league, but nope he keeps losing it. Yeah sure it's a good to teach kids that *no you can't win everything* but at this point they're teaching kids *no matter how hard you try you'll always be a loser* and it also doesn't make sense that Alain won the league because it doesn't develop his story. Heck he didn't even want to enter the league. He just entered so he can battle Ash.
Oct 28, 2016 3:51 PM
Jul 2018
wakka9ca said:

briliant video link!! now all the haters should keep quite and make them watch this even if they wants to shout!
Oct 28, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2008
RKarim69f117 said:
wakka9ca said:

briliant video link!! now all the haters should keep quite and make them watch this even if they wants to shout!

Still, you are allowed to dislike the artstyle though. To take a previous mentioned example: Pein vs Naruto. Yes, the battle had fluid animation and did flow fantastically but the ''off-model'' shots were obscence. If that style of mid shot movement aint your cup of tea because it looks well... cartoony then you should be allowed to state that without getting relegated to hater status.

Xyz looked crisp and wasnt static at all when it counted. Throw animation aint important. To go from that to the upcoming art style is a big difference. Big enough to get a free pass for mentioning that.

Greninja_170 said:
MiichieLin said:

Um no they do not know who he is, people like you know who he is because you've watched him since the beginning. And really? making him win the league will only make him a gary sue? i would believe that if he didn't keep losing every single league, but nope he keeps losing it. Yeah sure it's a good to teach kids that *no you can't win everything* but at this point they're teaching kids *no matter how hard you try you'll always be a loser* and it also doesn't make sense that Alain won the league because it doesn't develop his story. Heck he didn't even want to enter the league. He just entered so he can battle Ash.

Saved the world, became friends wih numerous people, traveled the world, created his own family, trained a few mons that went to do great things, wins percentage wise an astonishing number of battles, got offered a Frontier Position and has shown to be in possesion of a rightious heart.

Yeah, what a loser for not winning a League. I get your frustration, I REALLY do but fuck, can you guys stop calling him a loser.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Nov 5, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2014
ChaoticThinker said:
So Ash has been traveling at the speed of light collecting a total of 52 badges and the battle frontier.

Kanto - 8
Orange League - 4
Johto - 8
Hoenn - 8
Sinnoh - 8
Unova - 8
Kalos - 8

somehow still 10 and will attend school now..., To be honest I dropped the Unova region since they restarted him and it looked like he forgot all he had done till that point. I haven't seen XY.

In the words of Shia LaBeouf:JUST DO IT!
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Nov 5, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2014
Punkbeetle said:
RKarim69f117 said:

Still, you are allowed to dislike the artstyle though. To take a previous mentioned example: Pein vs Naruto. Yes, the battle had fluid animation and did flow fantastically but the ''off-model'' shots were obscence. If that style of mid shot movement aint your cup of tea because it looks well... cartoony then you should be allowed to state that without getting relegated to hater status.

Xyz looked crisp and wasnt static at all when it counted. Throw animation aint important. To go from that to the upcoming art style is a big difference. Big enough to get a free pass for mentioning that.

Greninja_170 said:

Saved the world, became friends wih numerous people, traveled the world, created his own family, trained a few mons that went to do great things, wins percentage wise an astonishing number of battles, got offered a Frontier Position and has shown to be in possesion of a rightious heart.

So have Goku and other Shonen characters except they won their final challenges.

Yeah, what a loser for not winning a League. I get your frustration, I REALLY do but fuck, can you guys stop calling him a loser.

It becomes hard to not call him a loser when you lose EVERY LEAGUE. Even the Childhood friend(best inspiration)didn't help him win. Now that's a crime in itself.
I play video games. You should play a video game because you read my signature.
Nov 5, 2016 8:40 PM

Jun 2010
Ishkoten said:
All the designs of Satoshi (Ash) from Gen 1 to Gen 7 (Sun and Moon anime) Notice Sun and Moon design of Ash has changed again like the eyes.

ASH - Alola form.....
Nov 11, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2013
This is probably the most different ash and pikachu has looked ever. Sure the art and design has changed over time for ash, but his facial expression and shape has always stayed the same. It just looks so weird and cartoonish now
Nov 11, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
His dumbass should have gone to school like 18 years ago
Nov 16, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2009
People already seen episode 1 and 2? May I borrow a time machine?
Nov 16, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2010
I don't like the art style. It's like not taking pokemon seriously. I miss the xyz animation.
Nov 16, 2016 3:11 PM

May 2009

Episode 1 preview, I don't know about you all. But I don't get the whining about the art style, it's absolutely gorgeous.
Nov 16, 2016 3:33 PM
Jul 2018
Shoryuuken said:

Episode 1 preview, I don't know about you all. But I don't get the whining about the art style, it's absolutely gorgeous.

I've only seen some previews + Gifs and I might have to assure I don't really get why people would whine about the artstyle either. ;;
Nov 16, 2016 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
RendHeaven said:
I don't like the art style. It's like not taking pokemon seriously. I miss the xyz animation.

Art style =/= animation

The art style is meh, but the animation is gonna be sakuga galore with this style.
Nov 17, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2010
tinman21 said:
wtf is with that face?! I can't help but feel like being trolled even more by the pokemon anime.. it's really insulting at this point!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

This is NOT how you do a JoJo pose. I expect ゴゴゴゴゴ written in Comic Sans.
Nov 27, 2016 1:15 AM
Mar 2015
Greninja_170 said:
@Nick_Pyro What?

The world of the Pokemon anime is has things beyond the league Ash tries to challenge every season. They've introduced ideas that even if Ash won, it would not be the end. Champion League, Elite Four Challenge. Heck, that plus Pokemon Master not being fully defined, they could keep Ash forever and keep things interesting without having to pull out characters like Tobias, Cameron or Alain. To replace Ash isn't what would improve the anime, rather to actually do things with their own ideas instead.
Nov 29, 2016 5:26 AM

Sep 2016
Nick_Pyro said:
Greninja_170 said:
@Nick_Pyro What?

The world of the Pokemon anime is has things beyond the league Ash tries to challenge every season. They've introduced ideas that even if Ash won, it would not be the end. Champion League, Elite Four Challenge. Heck, that plus Pokemon Master not being fully defined, they could keep Ash forever and keep things interesting without having to pull out characters like Tobias, Cameron or Alain. To replace Ash isn't what would improve the anime, rather to actually do things with their own ideas instead.
Well i'll agree with that.
Dec 8, 2016 6:38 AM

Sep 2016
this school looks much cooler than in the boring pokemon school in the game lol
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Dec 8, 2016 6:43 AM

Dec 2014
well I still believe it will not be long term and he will start his journey somewhere again
Jan 8, 2017 10:45 AM
Dec 2016
This animations reminds me of the downgrade that happened with BEN 10
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kensai-Serazu - Nov 17, 2016

105 by crackingfeetlol »»
Mar 29, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 146 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ri22rk - Nov 3, 2019

52 by leanrv »»
Feb 22, 11:16 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 144 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 20, 2019

28 by leanrv »»
Feb 20, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 143 Discussion

Ri22rk - Oct 13, 2019

18 by leanrv »»
Feb 14, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Sun & Moon Episode 139 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Crzykido - Sep 15, 2019

58 by leanrv »»
Feb 7, 10:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.