Forum Settings
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2016 1:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Merlin's just not holding back at all with her attacks hmm

Kinda curious about her true name as well. Too bad that was blanked out.
Sep 12, 2016 2:02 AM

Dec 2013
Grayroad is now the second commandment to run away from the sins.

Fraudrin doesn't seem like much of a threat at this point.
Sep 12, 2016 2:19 AM

Jan 2016
Man Escanor and Merlin so badass in these past few chapters...
Sep 12, 2016 2:24 AM

Aug 2013
Holy shit I don't believe it, Escanor may not be the most OP Sin. That was so badass, and I also enjoyed all the talking this episode. I guess when Meliodas put together this crew for the sake of fighting the 10 Commandments, he knew he had nothing to worry about between him, Escanor, and Merlin.

RIP the castle, kinda feel bad for the king. Ban seems less than impressed, too.
Shradow115Sep 12, 2016 2:29 AM
Sep 12, 2016 2:37 AM

Aug 2010
YOOOO!! Merlin!! Amazing! She exposed the hell out of Grayroad.

I knew she's OP but damn. Those were some epic reveals tbh
Sep 12, 2016 2:38 AM

Dec 2012
WOW Merlin is just to damn powerful. She is way too awesome.

Stopping her own time to prevent Grayroad's Commandment from effecting her.
LOL Not Fair.
Hmmm Belialin's Daughter. Both Grayroad & Fraudrin are scared.

Her true name is.... How do you pronounce that? LOL

Reduced to a science experiment.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 12, 2016 2:41 AM

Sep 2014
Merlin is OP af.Her magic is infinity and she also stopped her aging so she can acquire all the knowledge of the world.Now I'm interested in her true name and who is this Belianin guy.
Sep 12, 2016 2:48 AM

Jun 2014
Wow so Merlin can stop her own time and has natural resistance to commandments. Maybe she's the most OP member, not Escanor. Nerf her please. I'm really curious about her name, at first I thought it was a translation error, but I guess not.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 12, 2016 3:07 AM

Dec 2011
Merlin is my favourite female character in this manga and damn she was so badass.So is she related to the ten commandment..
I really want to know her past now..
Sep 12, 2016 3:59 AM

Jan 2014
Really another OP monster in Deadly sins, where's diane, king btw. I like fact that We don't see demons last, few commandements left, but new enemy will pop up, godess clan and some others include few from deadly sins. Let's hope that story will take interesting path.
Sep 12, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2010
Anyone have any ideas about Belialin from RL myths or stuff?
Sep 12, 2016 6:17 AM

Jun 2010
Barion-Zara said:

In Myths I can't find anything, but a similar name exdist, it is Belial, in short, the Devil it self, maybe Meliodas and Her are step-brothers.......
Sep 12, 2016 6:24 AM

Aug 2010
FlareZero said:
Barion-Zara said:

In Myths I can't find anything, but a similar name exdist, it is Belial, in short, the Devil it self, maybe Meliodas and Her are step-brothers.......

So she could be the Demon King's (assuming he's the devil here) daughter? But that'd make her a demon too...
Sep 12, 2016 8:46 AM
Aug 2015
Where are you guys reading this from? Is it translated already?
Sep 12, 2016 10:12 AM
Aug 2014
it`s uploaded on kissmanga
Sep 12, 2016 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
So Merlin has infinite duration on her spells..... that is fucking broken and OP and I love it.

If Merlin can maintain a spell for as long as she likes can she cast a spell to freeze the sun at high noon, so Escanor can also be as broken as fuck. He will always be at max power. Praise the sun.

Also, what did Fraudrin mean when he said, "Lies!!! We're just to take your word that you're that survivor." What survivor? Who is Belialin and what did his daughter that is apparently Merlin survive?

Who knows Belialin might have been the previous Demon King before Mel, Esta, and Zel's dad took the throne, and Belialin's family could have been all supposedly killed during the take over.

~Great chapter!!!
neonBdragonSep 12, 2016 8:04 PM
Sep 12, 2016 7:51 PM

Jul 2012
Barion-Zara said:
The closest thing to Belialin that I can think of would be Belial which is the personification of the devil in the Hebrew Bible. Also, if you take the 'in' off the end of Belialin you get 'Belial'. So that might be a connection.

Which means Merlin might be the offspring of some super badass and/or frightening demon, and when I say frightening I mean the mere name of Belialin looked like it strikes fear in Grayroad and Fraudrin.
neonBdragonSep 12, 2016 7:57 PM
Sep 12, 2016 10:19 PM
Jul 2014
Could Merlin be the daughter of previous Demon King?
Merlin IMBA NERF pls.
Sep 13, 2016 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
Not only hands down the sexiest lass in the series, she's super op and possibly a demon. Loved this chapter. Hoping she's gunna get a lot more screen time from now on <3
Sep 13, 2016 8:12 AM

Dec 2013
Report Merlin for activating cheat codes!

After learning the name of Merlin's father and a little help from Google, I found out that "Belial" is another word for the devil in Jewish and Christian texts. Merlin is a half-demon in Arthurian legends, so I decided to see if there's a connection between her and Gowther, who we also know is a demon since he was a former member of the Ten Commandments. Turns out that, in a Middle English poem, Sir Gowther and Merlin share the same father (a demon) but different human mothers, meaning they're step siblings.

Now I'm wondering how much of that is reflected in this manga: are Merlin and Gowther also half-demons? Are they blood-related? Gowther may have lost his memories, but if they actually ARE blood-related, does Merlin know that? Also, if Merlin and Gowther share the same father, what if that father also happens to be the former demon king that Meliodas defeated? Wouldn't that make them all step-siblings? I NEED ANSWERS!!!
Sep 13, 2016 10:59 AM
Apr 2014
What the fuck? isn't it a little too early in the series for this kind of shit? In fucking finity? she also seems to have some resistance to the commandments.
And you thought Escanor was OP? I guess Merlin's opponents will all be gimmicky stuff like Garan.
Sep 13, 2016 5:03 PM

Aug 2014
Drake1000 said:
What the fuck? isn't it a little too early in the series for this kind of shit? In fucking finity? she also seems to have some resistance to the commandments.
And you thought Escanor was OP? I guess Merlin's opponents will all be gimmicky stuff like Garan.
Just you wait till the author reveals that Gowther is actually the Demon King himself! And Hawk is actually his wife turned into a pig by a curse!

On a more serious note, I wonder who the next broken sin will turn out to be...
Sep 13, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2012
OMG Merlin, so OP and beauty. Is she a demon?
Sep 14, 2016 5:00 AM
Jan 2016
Woah...that was...great!!!

Merlin is OP!!! Her power is infinity!!!

Kinda curious about her real name...

And who is the Belianin guy? I mean fraudrin and Greyroad lost their cool after hearing that...

Well next chapter please!!!
Sep 14, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2012
Maybe she is a relative to meliodas

Sep 15, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2016
if nakaba-sensei make merlin true name and revealed that her name was not as my expected(cooler the way that i mean)i will down to the dark

very desparate to know who the hell exactly merlin is,from the first time i see her im already suspicous about her.he can seal and moved meliodas power ALL of it.the powerful witch in the land of britannia doesnt enough for her XD
Sep 16, 2016 4:37 PM

Aug 2014
Merlin sure took life hacking to a whole new level.
Oct 1, 2016 10:13 AM

Aug 2010
Whoa so Merlin is a demon too??? And I'm guessing this Belialin is some powerful figure (in the demon world?) judging from the 2 of the 10 commandments' reactions?? I wonder if she and Meliodas are related - like maybe cousins?? (since "Belialin" bears resemblance to the name "Belial" and Meliodas is son of the demon King?) Her power is so damn cool and she looks damn powerful too! XD

On second thought, maybe she's not a demon but of another race or kind...? I think it's said before everyone in the 7 sins are of their own kind, so since Melioadas is a demon, perhaps she's something else? Unless "their own kind" is an exception for both Melioadas and Merlin...

In the flashback of Meliodas, Zaratras and Elizabeth, it seems like Meliodas and Merlin were working together to gather all of the 7 sins to defeat the commandments - meaning the 2 have known each other already (and Meliodas probably know Gowther from before too when they were in 10 commandments, unless that's not really Gowther but the magician who made Gowther?). Really curious as to how they met. Wonder if they worked together during that holy war 3000 years ago as well...
blue-yOct 1, 2016 10:41 AM
Jul 10, 2017 6:11 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah, it seems she's the daughter of the previous Demon King that was probably defeated by the current demon king or Meliodas and the current king simply too the empty position.

I do have to wonder why she didn't demonstrate this the previous time with that petrifying dude.
May 25, 2021 4:35 AM

Nov 2019
Merlin was an interesting character right away but gets way better as long as the manga continues! She holds a sure spot as favorite character of the series, but let’s finish the story first before I claim a winner!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 47 Discussion

frozen_soul - Sep 22, 2013

10 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 46 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 15, 2013

19 by Zankrax »»
Jan 25, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 45 Discussion

Candor123 - Sep 12, 2013

7 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 44 Discussion

Zhou - Sep 2, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai Chapter 43 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - Aug 26, 2013

11 by Zankrax »»
Jan 24, 1:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.