Forum Settings
Forums

Crunchyroll and FUNimation Entertainment Partnership Announced

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 11, 2016 8:09 AM

Dec 2015
Miragee said:
Sitting in europe, I don't know why I would use either Funimation or Crunchyroll. There is so much region lock going on that you can't watch most series. I as a customer don't pay for bullshit service, I'm sorry.

Isn't Crunchyroll free or is it that much different over there in Europe?
Sep 11, 2016 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
I was really excited for a second until
"Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."
=/
Sep 11, 2016 8:23 AM

Mar 2013
Wolf_Of_Reason said:
Miragee said:
Sitting in europe, I don't know why I would use either Funimation or Crunchyroll. There is so much region lock going on that you can't watch most series. I as a customer don't pay for bullshit service, I'm sorry.

Crunchyroll is free as long as you don't mind 1 week delays on simulcasts, 4 ads per episode and the same heavily restricted catalog if you don't live in NA
Sep 11, 2016 8:40 AM

Dec 2015
laCloud said:
Wolf_Of_Reason said:

Crunchyroll is free as long as you don't mind 1 week delays on simulcasts, 4 ads per episode and the same heavily restricted catalog if you don't live in NA

I feel Crunchyroll has been getting better with those annoying adds lately but it is lamentable to hear that Europe's catalog is much smaller than here in the NA. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a European company that is eating up all the shows by securing licensing rights at the speed of light?
Sep 11, 2016 8:43 AM

Sep 2014
Wolf_Of_Reason said:
Miragee said:

Even if it's free, it's still unusable. Some person posted this recently: http://imgur.com/KRnrVy8 I don't think I need to add something, the picture speaks for itself.
Sep 11, 2016 8:49 AM
Nov 2014
Miragee said:
Wolf_Of_Reason said:

Even if it's free, it's still unusable. Some person posted this recently: http://imgur.com/KRnrVy8 I don't think I need to add something, the picture speaks for itself.

I just checked the same page, and I can confirm that the screenshot is legit.
Sep 11, 2016 9:37 AM

Mar 2012
BakaKuro said:
and now the shitty dub industry will be getting bigger. with more shitty dubs that ruin anime with funi's bad tastes in western voice actors that dont fit the characters at all
You know I just have to say it makes me so happy to see the dub industry grow in spite of attitudes like this in the fandom. The anime industry has long since given up listening to your opinions. Dubs are profitable. Full stop. Nothing you say will change that.
Sep 11, 2016 11:16 AM

Sep 2015
The subs are bad to begin with and sometimes they even cencored the anime, so they need to find someone better at translation just like 10 years ago the subs are superb. Well for me watching raw is also fine, plus raw are mostly uncencored if it is uncencored from the start. You can pretty much watch an anime even faster when its released by searching for it on google, many japanese website do provide them.
Sep 11, 2016 12:16 PM

Mar 2014
WeepingShinobu said:
Damn, Comic_Sans
Back at it again with the white vans angry shit posting
What can I say

I'm a woman with class
AO968 said:
Come back to me when region-locking is a thing of the past (which is probably never). When half of the shows I want to see are restricted to the English-speaking territories, this will be of a very little value to me.
BakaKuro said:
and now the shitty dub industry will be getting bigger. with more shitty dubs that ruin anime with funi's bad tastes in western voice actors that dont fit the characters at all
Truer words have never been spoken
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Sep 11, 2016 2:24 PM

Mar 2011
Well, I'm not sure how to react to it...
Sep 11, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2016
Pretty darn cool. What's the problem with the region lock? That's never stopped anyone before.
Sep 11, 2016 3:05 PM

Aug 2010
Now, if only they could do something about those regional restrictions... I know it's probably not an easy feat, but one can wish.. u___u
Sep 11, 2016 3:13 PM

Dec 2008
blue-y said:
Now, if only they could do something about those regional restrictions... I know it's probably not an easy feat, but one can wish.. u___u
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that because the license holders in Japan didn't allow Crunchyroll to release in every region? I've seen a lot of people complain to Crunchyroll about regional restrictions but I feel they are complaining to the wrong people. I think Crunchyroll would love to not have any region restrictions because that would mean more business for them.
Sep 11, 2016 5:30 PM

Dec 2013
valvravetruth said:
just like 10 years ago the subs are superb.

These old, shit fansubs? Roflmao.
http://www.crymore.net/2012/12/20/oldsub-review-shinsen-subs-blood-episode-14-vintage-2006/

Btw, what does "cencored" mean? I don't even...
Sep 12, 2016 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
I'm so happy ^^ I love watching anime in Crunchyroll and I love buying DvD from Funimation. Now I will just un-subscribe for Funimation.

Just want to make sure to everyone that SOME people in this world is watching anime in dub because they want to improve their speaking skills, correct pronunciation, listening skills or because they dislike Japanese voices.
Sep 12, 2016 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
This really took me by surprise. I never thought in my wildest dreams that this would happen. Well, at least they can both profit well together. Since I assume CR is going to do all the subbed releases with Funimation doing all the dubs, I don't have to pay subscriptions for both anymore :D That being said, I wish the region-locks were dealt with for the less-fortunate people out there D:
Sep 12, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2016
JunkYardHiro said:
Pretty darn cool. What's the problem with the region lock? That's never stopped anyone before.

Crunchyroll has a lot of region lock. But Funnimation has nearly 100% of region lock. Even their own youtube channel has region lock.
Sep 12, 2016 9:50 AM

Sep 2014
the region locking is simply because CR doesn't buy the streaming rights to all they;re shows in every territory. End of the day the majority of they're paying viewers are in the States so thats where they buy the most show rights for. Smaller area's like my own Australia have less people using the service so its only economically viable to obtain a smaller catalog for those area's.
Sep 12, 2016 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Yaoi-Senpai said:
I'm so happy ^^ I love watching anime in Crunchyroll and I love buying DvD from Funimation. Now I will just un-subscribe for Funimation.
If you, like me, had a SubPass then no need to cancel it. Funimation cancelled mine for me already. Gives me a free AllAccess until November 7 and a refund for the rest. With AOD/TAN's brief re-experimentation with simulcasting over it is one stop shopping for me now, Crunchyroll (or raw for stuff they don't get).
Sep 13, 2016 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
hpulley said:
Yaoi-Senpai said:
If you, like me, had a SubPass then no need to cancel it. Funimation cancelled mine for me already. Gives me a free AllAccess until November 7 and a refund for the rest. With AOD/TAN's brief re-experimentation with simulcasting over it is one stop shopping for me now, Crunchyroll (or raw for stuff they don't get).

Oh yeah that's cool, just now I checked it. Thanks for information me :3
Sep 13, 2016 6:24 AM

Mar 2014
South America ...
Sep 15, 2016 12:35 AM
Mar 2016
I'm also one of the many people who totally didn't see this one coming. Funimation + Crunchyroll = Funi-Roll or something like that.

Also, I will admit that region locking especially for many anime titles in different countries can be such a pain in the @$$ and whatnot.

Personally, some English Dubs do sound terrible than others( i.e., Byrnhildr) but at the same time, there are some anime that have solid English dubs like Cowboy Bebop and FMA/FMAB, just to name a few. Not everyone can get into watching anime with Japanese Voice-Overs and English Subtitles and prefer the Dub and vice-versa. It all comes down to personal preferences and for me, there's no right or wrong. That's for you to decide.

Whatever is still available to watch in America, I will hopefully watch it and plus, it is better than not getting any shows, at all. Just focus on what anime titles we do have available and don't worry on the ones we don't have available.

That's enough out of me. I really don't know when to shut up, do I?
Oct 14, 2016 6:59 AM
Apr 2016
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri (Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress) will have a dubbed home release?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production

DatRandomDude - 9 hours ago

38 by Mishiia »»
15 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
7 hours ago

» Manga 'Ane Naru Mono' Gets OVA Adaptation

Vindstot - Jan 5, 2020

28 by lucio54 »»
8 hours ago

» 'Look Back' Unveils Additional Staff, Trailer

DatRandomDude - Apr 16

23 by 3inPunisher »»
12 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Unveils Production Staff, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

10 by DylanVSAnimez »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.