Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 11, 2016 7:30 PM

May 2010
WHAT XD I can't believe Lucia didn't die. I mean, wound is one thing, but her spine should have been broken after that fall. She fell in the middle of the night and was just lying there for at least a few hours without bleeding out? Ooookay.

Eh, no idea why but I still kinda liked it actually. I guess I got used to mindless fun instead of well written, thought-provoking, engaging plot. Oh welp who cares. ONSEN TAIMU!

zaydgh123 said:
"Unnecessary fanservice"

I think you guys need to read between the lines a little bit

Um, yeah, nope, pretty sure you're just reading too much into it. It was just fanservice for pandering otaku.
Sep 11, 2016 8:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Knew Lucia-chan wouldnt go down so easily!

I liked this episode overall, seen it along with the previous episode.
Some really interesting original content there, that fanservice I will never forget, there were lots of it.
Lucia only needs to be the focus of the show for me to enjoy this one.

She easily steals the show for me.

Also I dont get some comments were, seems like people were expecting much even after going original route. It is better now, than it was while following the VN, badly at that, but at least for a Rewrite fan as myself it is being enjoyable, dunno if same could be possible from a perspective from an anime viewer, since there is alot of shit going on too fast, to even make sense for the most part, if you have not readed the VN.

Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Lucia D:
At least she's alive...I would of been pissed if she died like that.

Akane feels slightly out of character. Meanwhile, there's also the other girls working together including Lucia. Kagari's role in this episode is also noticeable for her narrative about their world. Still, I'm really glad to see Lucia doing much better now.

The anime isnt being clear about it, that is what they get when they try to summ up so much different information from all the different routes.
Sakura, the women in the wheelchair is a Saint, being a Saint is like a cursed spirit, that has existed for many centuries, it all started with a gifted girl, that could heal people, great powers that later on brought her supposed death, but her soul didnt rest, instead, her memories and experiences passed along to her closest follower, all the hatred and suffering, in a never ending circle, the curse of being the Saint, The Holy Woman.
Sakura, has a deep hatred for humanity due to the Saint curse having taken over her, at one point when the previous Saint was dying, her memories started to fuse with Sakura, that is when they start to become Saints.

This is what is happening to Akane, it is not herself giving all those orders but the Saint possessing her, the hatred the cursed soul built up with all the experience that it has suffered by humanity hands by many centurions (having seen humanity's evil deeds), there is no way for The Holy Women to rest, when the body dies, she migrates towards the next vessel, the madness of the Saint only increasing.
Akane is legimitly trying to fight it, but it is too strong, even being original I can already foresee some events, things are about to be very nasty, all the more considering they are going for a feel of Akane's route.
PlaycoolSep 11, 2016 9:01 PM
Sep 11, 2016 8:46 PM
Jul 2018
BrandNew_Lanz said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Blame Tanaka. He wrote this garbage. And I still can't believe it.

Still better than Shoukomeza though.

I actually enjoyed Shoujo tachi so...
Sep 12, 2016 4:11 AM

Jun 2009
I'm glad to see that Lucia survived. Kagari's eyes going blank several times worries me. The same goes for Akane, too.
Sep 12, 2016 4:33 AM

May 2010
Lucia survived! Good. I don't care if it makes sense or not.

Here comes the much awaited Akane backstory. I'm glad I have already read the spoilers from the wiki, so I was able to understand it despite it being rushed. She's being possessed by the Holy Women memories (which are like previous existences of the saint) Basically the original saint died and passed her memories+pain to the next. the 2nd passed the original+her own memories to the 3rd and so on. With each step, the malevolence kept growing. By the time it reached Sakura, the malevolence became way too strong and she started wanting to destroy the world. Now that she has passed the saint role to Akane, she's being possessed, too but she's different. Akane actually doesn't want to hurt her friends at least, and is fighting against it. Despite all her hatred for humanity, she cares for her friends.
Also another key thing is, that most saint women lived a horrible life. There was love, too, but the dark emotions were stronger.

Wow Kotori's magic involves some real creativity.

Kagari just wanted to yuri with coffee I see.
Chihaya x Lucia tho

Good episode, overall. They could do better with the saint thing tho.
TragicRomanceSep 12, 2016 4:39 AM
Sep 12, 2016 2:23 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Now that the anime is nearing the end its certainly getting more exciting.

Im glad that Lucia managed to survive the fight and the fall as well though it looks like she only just barely survived

Who would have thought that Kotori was such a good healer

Lol Kotaru being slapped by a ribbon repeatedly

If the war between the two factions never existed then im sure everyone will be great friends and be like normal teenagers

Now if Akane can defy her adapted parents then things will be better

So does Akane have two different personalities then because now she doesn't care about her friends now unlike earlier and yet her hand was twitching when she gave that order
or is she starting to get possessed by the saint ?

Lol Lucia being princess carried by Chihaya
that was just hillarious next to the coffee scene with kageri

And Kageri is just so innocent and carefree even when both Lucia who represents Guardian and Chihaya and Sakuya for Gaia stated their goals she remains unchanged

Overall this was a good episode that moved the story along and also reunited
the characters though with the exception of Shizuru and Akane.
This episode gave the characters a chance to relax and unwind which is a good thing as it looks like this is the calm before the storm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 12, 2016 3:08 PM

Sep 2013
Loved the episode. Akane possessed by Sakura's memories and now giving orders.

Glad Lucia didn't died, and Kagari-chan showing various sides of emotions was good to see.

The light-hearted bath scene was a relaxing mutual understanding of each other's goal, maybe coz the next eps are going to be all-out war.
Sep 12, 2016 6:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
redstormer said:
the anime clearly wants a happy end. after all those sad endings in the visual novel.

except for chihaya. which seem like the only good ending.

Far from it, I dont believe this season will have an happy ending, anyone that has readed Rewrite, Moon and Terra, come on we know what is about to happen...
Sep 12, 2016 10:49 PM

Jun 2013
Happy ending? lol i don't think so

People are forgetting about this:

And this:

Sep 13, 2016 6:02 AM

Oct 2011
Lucia is alive. Those memories from Akane. That's why they need Kagari. End is near nooo
Sep 13, 2016 12:02 PM

Feb 2016
Playcool said:
redstormer said:
the anime clearly wants a happy end. after all those sad endings in the visual novel.

except for chihaya. which seem like the only good ending.

Far from it, I dont believe this season will have an happy ending, anyone that has readed Rewrite, Moon and Terra, come on we know what is about to happen...

Look at the OPs, literally confirms a bad end but people still dont think so.

Sep 13, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2011
Kagari was hilarious again in this episode.

I felt like she did sing in a previous episode...anyone wanna help me remember if it did in fact happen?
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2016 12:18 PM

Nov 2011
Ma3seb said:
WOW VN GUYS KEEP YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS DOWN.

Good episode, nice pacing, more kotori is Always good.

I'm concerned about this
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 13, 2016 1:57 PM

Aug 2013
God what a lame character interactions. It's just making Rewrite look like any typical harem show. I can't wait for it to end.
Sep 13, 2016 1:58 PM

Feb 2016
SoraSenpai said:
Ma3seb said:
WOW VN GUYS KEEP YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS DOWN.

Good episode, nice pacing, more kotori is Always good.

I'm concerned about this

Happens in one of the routes, if your an anime only ignore this please.

Sep 13, 2016 2:10 PM

Jun 2015
Yourlolm said:
SoraSenpai said:

I'm concerned about this

Happens in one of the routes, if your an anime only ignore this please.

In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 13, 2016 4:11 PM

Apr 2015
rasenshiruken973 said:
God what a lame character interactions. It's just making Rewrite look like any typical harem show. I can't wait for it to end.

I'm with you, mate.
Sep 13, 2016 4:39 PM

Jul 2015
This whole episode was plot, and messing with Lucia. Anyway, things are building up to the finale, and I hope that this anime ends on a strong note. This has been pretty rushed, and quite random. Not a very good story overall, but pretty enjoyable. Just 2 episodes left.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 13, 2016 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
Kagari is the best girl :3
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2016 11:15 PM

Oct 2008
Thank god Lucia is alive and well and saved by Koutarou and Co. + Kagari's help.
There would definitely be a clash with Gaia, Guardian, Midou (with familiar Dragon) and same with Koutarou's group.
4/5.

Oct 4, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2009
Akane will go crazy...
Oct 4, 2016 5:32 PM

May 2012
Pretty okay development, with two more episode remaining I really wonder how this will end!
Oct 27, 2016 3:12 AM

Sep 2015
OST min 4:15 please? :)
Oct 27, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2015
Bogdan47xD said:
OST min 4:15 please? :)

Sorrowless

Dec 16, 2016 5:01 PM

Jan 2013
Not a powerup, now he will be harder to deal with.
Alright episode again
Apr 20, 2017 2:26 PM

Jul 2014
Finally managed to save Lucia. So it's a mix mash of gaia and guardian ideas looks like. Akane being mind controlled?
Jun 15, 2017 6:38 AM

Mar 2015
Welp in the end they all get back together.. Almost
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 15, 2017 9:41 PM

Sep 2015
After learning who Sakuya is, his and Chihaya's relationship reminds me of Lucy and Leo from FT
Oct 26, 2017 3:22 PM

Oct 2012
So it really is lighthearted take on the novel, and have to say I kinda enjoy it a lot more than edgy shounen action attempts in the novel that took itself way too seriously at times and I didn't even like Koutarou's antics there - here I find him a lot better character.
But most of the enjoyment also comes from the fact that I can compare things so now I'm pretty sure this anime is meant for players of the novel, not for people who didn't play it before. Yeah, all that happens can be also viewed as fanservice of our favourite characters. It's obvious this anime doesn't take itself seriously and that's actually a good thing.

And I'm glad Lucia survived, wonder if Shizuru joins them too.

The end is starting then? Seems like Midou would be the final boss but I wonder if the Salvation actually happens or not. With the song changing Kagari and with Akane slowly accepting Sakura's mind, it won't be long before hell breaks loose.
Mar 9, 2018 11:01 AM

Sep 2013
Ugh...Only finishing this series (that I dropped back in 2016) to fulfill a category on the 2018 Anime Watching Challenge.

I'm only half paying attention though as it is sooooooooooooooooooooooo bad

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 29, 2020 10:21 PM

Feb 2018
Looking for Lucia...
Aug 23, 2021 11:39 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They explained a bit about the clans and the druids, pretty interesting, but damn it's creepy for Akane right now.
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Jul 2012
U just can't cry on these new "Key" production 😑

They make thiz one looks like some action, with somehow added sad moments..

If compared with other previous generation of "Key"s production, thiz anime is 👎

Not for serious anime, N just for wasting time.. N not really happy or sad either, didn't really gain anything..

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.