Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 10, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2011
Greta ep, I really love these adventures outside of the shokugekis. After watching this, I like Hisako a lot more too.
Sep 10, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2015
So Souma's solution basically reduces the restaurant's profits by a mile. I guess if the owner is down with it purely for the sentimentality or for his passion in cooking it makes sense. Or maybe he wants for it to become a prestigious restaurant rather than having to worry about time.

Edit: Never mind, Souma simply suggested this, it was the owner who took the decision so it's obvious he wanted to bring back the old school Napolitan, and focus on quality and tradition.
A-list_96Sep 10, 2016 9:46 AM
Sep 10, 2016 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
Achievement unlocked: +1 harem member

GG Sōma my boy
Sep 10, 2016 9:46 AM

Aug 2015
Pokemon Go : Souma harem edition (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sep 10, 2016 10:00 AM

Jun 2014
nice episode but for me it was a bit too rushed
Sep 10, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2011
I don't remember how many chapters they animate this episode but it was a good pace.
I finally get to see that arc animate and i come to like Hisako after this arc :)
Next 2 episodes will be great with Shinomiya reappearing.
Sep 10, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2014
Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else notice that animation and art quality has dropped in this new episode? Some character frames looked like they were drawn inconsistently.
Sep 10, 2016 10:19 AM

Jul 2016
Hisako x Erina story is quite make me touched :')
Nice episode, like it how they could solve the problem that already occurred and a problem that maybe occurred in the future. Erina is really overwhelming lol
Sep 10, 2016 10:26 AM

Jun 2014
After all the intensity of the Autumn Elections, it was really nice to cool down and see some interactions between characters we normally don't see together. Poor Megumi, being paired with Erina lol. Their personalities are complete opposites. I liked seeing Souma help Hisako with her problems, which in turn helped his resolve to improve himself. I'm assuming Souma is going to be at Shinomiya's restaurant next? That should be interesting.

Elegade said:
Maybe it's just me, but did anyone else notice that animation and art quality has dropped in this new episode? Some character frames looked like they were drawn inconsistently.

Yeah, and I also noticed a lot of those comedic chibi faces in this episode. Probably the most out of all the previous episodes combined.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 10, 2016 10:28 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is already miles better than the overhyped autumn elections. Probably the best episode since episode 2.
Sep 10, 2016 10:32 AM

May 2015
Yay Pink haired guy on next ep, I love him and now he is going to mentor Souma.
Sep 10, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2014
This was probably the best episode in this series!
I laughed and I was moved at some moments.
I loved their ideas and how they made the plot go a double course with Souma-Hisako, Erina-Megumi.
Both Souma and Erina helped their rivals best friends! Soo nice :)))
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Sep 10, 2016 10:46 AM

Oct 2011
Pretty much hoping the season will end with this panel (maybe a 2-3 chapters after it):

Sep 10, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2014
Congrats to Asako and Souma for passing in the first part of "The Stagiaire program", and it feels good to see Asako smiling again. Hope she gets to Nakiri-san soon ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 10, 2016 10:52 AM

Oct 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That Hisako blush!

I'm glad she's getting some spotlight this episode including with Souma helping her. Poor Megumi though this episode lol, she got all scared a few times. I kinda like the relationship development between Megumi and Erina though. As expected, Souma is still keeping up in shape with his cooking abilities.

Hisako looks cute with glasses imo
Yeah, I don't know why, but she just looked really cute in glasses!
Sep 10, 2016 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
Hisako and Souma team up and pass the first stage, Hisako gets a confidence boost by Souma too :)

3rd rate chef doubting Erina-sama, disgusting.
Sep 10, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2013
Inori_is_love said:
lmao Soma's harem keeps getting bigger.

That "Harem" literally just have two people in it.
Sep 10, 2016 11:03 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode. Too bad there are only 2 episodes left.
Would totally watch the different characters during their time at a restautant
Sep 10, 2016 11:14 AM

Apr 2012
I love how in the final scene together with Soma and Hisako, you can LITERALLY see a ship sail by at full course right behind them

Sep 10, 2016 11:25 AM

Feb 2015
Good episode. I'm more excited for the Magician next week though.
Sep 10, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
First I didn't like Hisako tbh. But she has redeemed herself with this episode!

Great episode.
Sep 10, 2016 11:52 AM

Feb 2015
Finally, we got some more screentime from Hisako, one of my fav character. she looks fit pretty well with soma but when i saw soma, i don't think so xD

overall it was a great episode cause, not only this episode was talking about the food (heck, they didn't talk about food that much in this episode) but rather they were talking about business in the food world. and i really like the fact that the test is not about the subject becoming a chef in a certain restourant for experience, but it's more into "how the subject improve the restourant from where it is right now into something more better" i really like that a lot tbh. And obvious soma play a big role in that test. cause he already experienced that kind of things from he was still a brat.

so now, they moved to another place. and god dang it the magician will be back again. shit is getting more real xD

and i really like to see Hisako and Soma working together in this episode. makes me want to ship them (even tho it will not happen) and really rare to see Megumi working together with Nakiri.

and one more, Hisako looks so cute and cool when she's wearing a glasses!!!!!!!!! guess i didn't choose the wrong character as my fav character. Glasses girl FTW!!!

looking foward to the next episode.
Sep 10, 2016 11:53 AM

Jun 2015
I used to think Arato's kinda irritating, but after this episode I kinda like her
Sep 10, 2016 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
damn working in a restaurant is taugh
Sep 10, 2016 12:14 PM
Jul 2018
Hisako is back and her blushing are cute!
Sep 10, 2016 12:42 PM
Jul 2014
The Stagiaire feels good after all matches we have seen. Shame that this season is ending soon. Guess I will jsut read manga afterwards. :D
Sep 10, 2016 12:43 PM

May 2015
I'm updated with the manga and for a long time now, I've been waiting to see that Arato scene animated! :3
Sep 10, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2011
Nice to see Souma and Hisako getting along. Also nice to see Erina and Megumi teaming up. :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 10, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2015
Liked to see Souma and the secretary girl together. Erina and Megumi also were nice. Looking forward to the next episode. Seems that other guy we could see at the end is appearing again and they are going to work at some restaurant where he is involved.
Sep 10, 2016 1:10 PM

Jun 2011
I'm still bummed that their really deciding to rush the stagiare arc, but I'm happy the pacing isn't that bad. They better not screw up the next episode though, Souma gets some major character development there.

A-list_96 said:
So Souma's solution basically reduces the restaurant's profits by a mile. I guess if the owner is down with it purely for the sentimentality or for his passion in cooking it makes sense. Or maybe he wants for it to become a prestigious restaurant rather than having to worry about time.

Edit: Never mind, Souma simply suggested this, it was the owner who took the decision so it's obvious he wanted to bring back the old school Napolitan, and focus on quality and tradition.

I doubt the restaurant was making much money anyway if they couldn't even serve half of their customers. When you're working in a restaurant and you can't serve you're food fast enough and they just go up and left, that destroys a restaurant's reputation. The only reason their restaurant hasn't gone bankrupt is because its been around for generations and for the small portion of people that did get their food enjoy the meal.
Sep 10, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2016
not a lot happened this episode, but it was good character development. looking forward to the rest of the season
Scream!
Sep 10, 2016 1:22 PM

Sep 2014
Hisako blushing and with glasses was great!

Erina with Megumi, didn't see that coming, was interesting though.
How dare ye doubt Erina-sama lowly chef?!!!
Erina carried Megumi pretty hard, although she did contribute a bit too.
That Erina rage was cute ^^

Was funny how Hisako was feeling depressed at the mention of Erina and vice versa xD
I really enjoyed Souma's and Arato's interactions especially Hisako's smile at the end <3

Shinomiya at the end, this should be interesting.
Sep 10, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
not too big on this episode honestly
Sep 10, 2016 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
A great episode! Very nice development for Hisako, and it was great to see Erina actually doing something instead of just watching. I look forward to the next episode!
Sep 10, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
I liked Hisako's interactions with Souma and the ending with Souma comparing Hisako's situation with his own one was a very good way of showing how Souma is now starting to think in create his own path rather than follow the one of his father, who was also hinted with the owner of the restaurant he and Hisako visited this episode when Souma ask him what restaurant he is trying to create.

I didn't liked Hisako at all at first, but this episode redeemed her giving her more characterization than being just Erina's personal Smithers. Good move of the author.
And speaking about Erina, I know they tried to show the owner of the restaurant that she and Megumi helped was really inferior compared to her and that, but she pissed me in that scene. I totally felt the bearded guy in those parts.

And in the next episode Shinomiya reappears... who is not that surprising because the opening and the ending hinted he would have a role in the season. Doesn't matters, I'm ready to see him again. He is one of my fav characters after all.
Sep 10, 2016 2:15 PM

Dec 2012
Great start to the Stagiaire Arc.

Nice to see more of Hisako & development of her character in this episode.
Souma just too good in the restaurant. Really liked how they needed to change in order to keep moving forward.

Erina just taking over the kitchen. Megumi also offering input which was great to see.
Lovely Smile from Hisako.

Shinomiya at the end. Cannot wait.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 10, 2016 2:50 PM
Feb 2008
The best part is coming, prepare for a good ride! Hisako smile was so sweet!
Sep 10, 2016 3:03 PM
Mar 2016

Oh she back......................
Sep 10, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2015
That was a nice episode. Souma working together with Hisako was an entertaining watch. I wonder how they will finish this show, though, considering we have only two episodes left.

Sep 10, 2016 4:20 PM

Feb 2014
Pride- said:
Inori_is_love said:
lmao Soma's harem keeps getting bigger.

You could make a solid case for 3 people. Erina is tsundere but she obviously likes Souma. So that makes Megumi, Nikumi, and Erina for his harem.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Sep 10, 2016 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Can anyone tell me what chapter this is in the manga? I simply cant wait any longer and feel the urge to start reading haha pls halp!
Sep 10, 2016 4:50 PM

Feb 2013
19Pyro90 said:
Pride- said:

You could make a solid case for 3 people. Erina is tsundere but she obviously likes Souma. So that makes Megumi, Nikumi, and Erina for his harem.

Megumi is confirmed to be just admiration.
With "two girls" i was referring to Ikumi and Kurase. Erina is warming up in the current arc but i don't think that is love yet.
Sep 10, 2016 5:45 PM
Jul 2016
welcome back hisako I was wondering when she would finally appear again in the show. It was a good thing Soma did giving her the courage she needed to go back and make up with Erina after she lost in the Autumn Elections. All around good episode I can't wait for the next one
Sep 10, 2016 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
Bless up! Shinomiya is in Tokyo! Btw, I'm sure everyone expected this cuz he was in the dang opening and the ending so it was pretty obvious after they explained what the Stagaire was in this episode
Sep 10, 2016 5:54 PM

Jun 2016
Great episode. I always enjoy more development of characters I care about and Hisako was always interesting enough. Nice to see her come out of her shell (turtle killing reference on purpose) with the help of Yukihira who always seems to make these girls less bitchy.

I also liked seeing how the other characters were handling their workplace's and Megumi unfortunately, was exactly how I expected

PS Loved seeing Erina just take over the entire kitchen like usual.
King-of-soulsSep 10, 2016 5:58 PM
Sep 10, 2016 6:08 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode. Yukihira and Hisako work really great as a team.

But rly tho, as someone who has worked in a restaurant before both serving and in the kitchen...it's not as a rocket science-y as they kinda made it out to be in this ep.
Sep 10, 2016 6:35 PM

Oct 2012
Great episode! Finally what this series should be about. We want such stories not repetetive endless battles!

And they also shown nice contrast between both pairs, now I like Hisako even more.

xSanox said:

Actually, this had turned into two-cour meanwhile (MAL is late with changing it as always), expect the same number of episodes as season 1 had.
Sep 10, 2016 6:58 PM

May 2014
Mich666 said:
Great episode! Finally what this series should be about. We want such stories not repetetive endless battles!

And they also shown nice contrast between both pairs, now I like Hisako even more.

xSanox said:

Actually, this had turned into two-cour meanwhile (MAL is late with changing it as always), expect the same number of episodes as season 1 had.

Do you have a source? Wherever I check it says 13 episodes and if they did decide to extend it, it would've been all over the place.
Sep 10, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2012
uzee said:
Pretty much hoping the season will end with this panel (maybe a 2-3 chapters after it):

That's good but I actually want it to end with the last panel in chapter 117 where it could be used as a nice cliffhanger if there is a Season 3.
[/quote]

Can't wait for the elite 10 (if there's a season 3 hopefully..huhu)
Sep 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Jul 2013
I've never paid much attention to Hisako before but man she's looking quite fine.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.