Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2016 4:53 AM

Nov 2009
Faederwulf said:
You mention autism in a negative light, but I thought you social justice warriors were all about correcting the ills of society, and helping those less fortunate? I suppose with a lack of a proper father figure in your life, you only care for your own perceived troubles... (Which don't exist). I'll also add that autism only exists due to the feminist mindset - with women pursuing careers and waiting until they're old and decrepit to have children, it's only natural for defects to occur.

I take offense to the bolded statement. To your vain idea that you understand the causes of autism; to your ignorant idea that autism is something recent; to your evil idea that autism is a defect.
@CherryLover , feel free to ignore the pseudo-psychological bullshit Faederwulf spouts, for he has just revealed his ignorance of such matters.

Dude-san said:
sexism is over, according to most white males

It sure isn't over. Every time my mother tells me "[do something] because you're a man!", I know that sexism isn't over. Every time I encounter somebody as backwards as Faederwulf, I know sexism isn't over.

Faederwulf said:
A pathetic outlook on life leads to misery, while unwavering honour and virtue will lead you to happiness.

Honor and virtue only lead to prison. Unless you're well-connected, rich and corrupt.
Maybe we have different ideas of honor.
Sep 15, 2016 5:01 AM

Aug 2008

Is moe in guys misogynistic too? There are not as many but there are also less shows oriented to a feminine public.
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 15, 2016 5:01 AM
Jul 2018
flannan said:
Faederwulf said:
You mention autism in a negative light, but I thought you social justice warriors were all about correcting the ills of society, and helping those less fortunate? I suppose with a lack of a proper father figure in your life, you only care for your own perceived troubles... (Which don't exist). I'll also add that autism only exists due to the feminist mindset - with women pursuing careers and waiting until they're old and decrepit to have children, it's only natural for defects to occur.

I take offense to the bolded statement. To your vain idea that you understand the causes of autism; to your ignorant idea that autism is something recent; to your evil idea that autism is a defect.
@CherryLover , feel free to ignore the pseudo-psychological bullshit Faederwulf spouts, for he has just revealed his ignorance of such matters.

Dude-san said:

It sure isn't over. Every time my mother tells me "[do something] because you're a man!", I know that sexism isn't over. Every time I encounter somebody as backwards as Faederwulf, I know sexism isn't over.

Faederwulf said:
A pathetic outlook on life leads to misery, while unwavering honour and virtue will lead you to happiness.

Honor and virtue only lead to prison. Unless you're well-connected, rich and corrupt.

You're a hilariously wretched and self-minded individual, and the irony in your claim that I spout "pseudo-psychological" (falsely psychological? You make little sense) bullshit is incredible. You call me "backwards", while spitting on gender roles in order to find an excuse for your own pathetic lack of masculine drive. You cling to the ideologies created by those who only want to weaken society for their own gain, all while claiming you understand the "well-connected, rich and corrupt". Equalism is the greatest cancer of modern society, in that the adherents of such an ideology pretend to be blind to the fact that apples do not equal oranges in order to make themselves feel on the same platform as those who were either born better than they are, or cared enough to put the effort in to achieve greatness.
Sep 15, 2016 5:05 AM

Aug 2014
flannan said:
Faederwulf said:

Dude-san said:

Faederwulf said:

That was irony, mate. Of course I agree with you.
Blood tastes like iron
Sep 15, 2016 5:05 AM

Feb 2013
Faederwulf said:
flannan said:

You're a hilariously wretched and self-minded individual, and the irony in your claim that I spout "pseudo-psychological" (falsely psychological? You make little sense) bullshit is incredible. You call me "backwards", while spitting on gender roles in order to find an excuse for your own pathetic lack of masculine drive. You cling to the ideologies created by those who only want to weaken society for their own gain, all while claiming you understand the "well-connected, rich and corrupt". Equalism is the greatest cancer of modern society, in that the adherents of such an ideology pretend to be blind to the fact that apples do not equal oranges in order to make themselves feel on the same platform as those who were either born better than they are, or cared enough to put the effort in to achieve greatness.
lelouch's father is that you? will this thread bring the instrumentality?
Sep 15, 2016 5:06 AM
Jul 2018
flannan said:

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/why-autism-risk-rises-mom%E2%80%99s-age-study-may-shed-light
Sep 15, 2016 5:08 AM

Nov 2009
Faederwulf said:
flannan said:

https://www.autismspeaks.org/science/science-news/why-autism-risk-rises-mom%E2%80%99s-age-study-may-shed-light

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Autism_Speaks

Autism Speaks (known in the UK as Autistica[1]) is a vile and highly controversial autism advocacy organization founded by Bob and Suzanne Wright after their grandson was diagnosed with the disorder. The organization has garnered huge criticism for their vilification and dehumanisation of the autistic, their treatment of autism as a curable disease and their past flirtation with anti-vaxxers. They operate on the principles of age-old anti-modernists. Essentially, they fail to believe mental conditions are not natural.

Actual autistic people generally despise them. One described Autism Speaks as "a charity for neurotypical people who have been afflicted with the horror of having autistic people in their lives."[2] California State University, Northridge professor of philosophy Jacob Hale, who has Asperger's syndrome, has described Autism Speaks as "incredibly condescending and parentalistic."[3]
Sep 15, 2016 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
Faederwulf said:

To have the great lead the way, providing a shining example for the rest to follow - or to force everybody to roll around in the mud simply so the lowest of the lot don't have their feelings hurt. Which seems ideal to you? I'll give you a hint - one will produce a society in which greatness is not rewarded, thus society will inevitably collapse, while the other will produce a society of high quality.
Sep 15, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2013
Faederwulf said:
romagia said:

To have the great lead the way, providing a shining example for the rest to follow - or to force everybody to roll around in the mud simply so the lowest of the lot don't have their feelings hurt. Which seems ideal to you? I'll give you a hint - one will produce a society in which greatness is not rewarded, thus society will inevitably collapse, while the other will produce a society of high quality.
society™ is big enough for both
the great™ need not mingle with the pigple
Sep 15, 2016 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
flannan said:
Faederwulf said:

Autism Speaks (known in the UK as Autistica[1]) is a vile and highly controversial autism advocacy organization founded by Bob and Suzanne Wright after their grandson was diagnosed with the disorder. The organization has garnered huge criticism for their vilification and dehumanisation of the autistic, their treatment of autism as a curable disease and their past flirtation with anti-vaxxers. They operate on the principles of age-old anti-modernists. Essentially, they fail to believe mental conditions are not natural.

Actual autistic people generally despise them. One described Autism Speaks as "a charity for neurotypical people who have been afflicted with the horror of having autistic people in their lives."[2] California State University, Northridge professor of philosophy Jacob Hale, who has Asperger's syndrome, has described Autism Speaks as "incredibly condescending and parentalistic."[3]

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/RationalWiki
RationalWiki is a wiki created in response to Conservapedia.

Since liberals already control the contents of Wikipedia there is little need for RationalWiki to restate the liberal arguments since they are already stated in Wikipedia. Instead, RationalWiki is characterized by attempted sarcasm against opponents (in particular against Conservapedia) and liberal community building.

The site portrays itself as being "rational" and opposed to "pseudoscience" and "denialism" yet it often promotes exactly this such as by promoting irrational genetics denialism and race denialism. Ideologically based egalitarianism always takes precedence over empirical scientific results showing that individuals and groups are not always equal or empirical results otherwise contradicting political correctness.

Other examples of not criticizing pseudosciences include not mentioning the many criticisms of Marxism as being an unfalsifiable pseudoscience and not criticizing the various pseudosciences associated with Cultural Marxism.

The articles on pseudoscientific but leftist psychoanalysis and its creator Sigmund Freud are overall rather supportive, ignore mentioning many criticisms, and even allege that "Freud is often grouped with Nietzsche and Marx as one of the great thinkers of the 19th century".

The site has many articles dedicated to criticizing Christianity. There are also some criticisms against Islam. However, there are almost no criticisms against Judaism. Instead, the article on the Talmud warns against criticisms. This is part of a more general pattern of a strong pro-Jewish bias. Another example of this is regarding the Arab-Israeli conflict which is explained in the article on Israel as ongoing due to "The refusal of the Arab states to absorb the Arab refugees". Any form of criticism against Jewish influence is generally dismissed as anti-rational antisemitism and conspiracy theories. One possibility is hasbara editors contributing to this.

RationalWiki has an amazingly poor, outdated, and inaccurate article on Metapedia. One possible explanation for this is trolling by banned Metapedia editors such as the troll and and possible mass sock puppeter Atlantid (see User talk:Atlantid and the external links there).

Atlantid may also be partly responsible for the poor state of RaionalWiki's articles on race which are filled with errors, misrepresentations, and outright falsifications of what the given sources actually state.
Sep 15, 2016 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
romagia said:
Faederwulf said:

Of course it's big enough for the both. I'm not saying "exterminate whoever is at the bottom", if we did that, there would only remain whoever exists at the very top. My point is that a clear hierarchy based on merit needs to exist for a society to be healthy.
Sep 15, 2016 5:27 AM

Feb 2013
shieeeet son... should i bring the Eye of Providence? anti reptilian cream? the synergistic management solutions? should we make a new society like the cool guys from Mayoiga?

anyway, since both of you kinda focused on the site it was posted on instead of the content/question (?)

@flannan do you agree that old parents and autism are correlated?

@Faederwulf do you agree that Autism Speaks vilifies and dehumanizes the autistic?
Sep 15, 2016 5:27 AM

May 2015
Faederwulf said:
romagia said:

Of course it's big enough for the both. I'm not saying "exterminate whoever is at the bottom", if we did that, there would only remain whoever exists at the very top. My point is that a clear hierarchy based on merit needs to exist for a society to be healthy.
And of course you are one of those that belongs to the top, tight?

@flannan despite the credibility or not of the site there are many researches that say parents age affects the risk of ASD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2016 5:29 AM

Nov 2009
Faederwulf said:
flannan said:

Of course I am. I live in the 21st century, not in a fairy tale. If you see me standing for some grand ideals, it's because to me, they are common sense.
It's common sense that women would not lose in smarts and hard-work to men (the students who get top marks in every subject in school are mostly girls), and it's common sense that if a person is good at something, he/she should be allowed and encouraged to do it. It's common sense that if more people are making stuff instead of mucking around the house, we will have more stuff, and more stuff is always good. It's common sense that women (and men) should not be raped. It's common sense that marriage should be between two consenting adults (but I would like to generalize the concept of marriage to allow creation of more complicated families, and to allow my theoretical cat to count as part of the family).
People who fail to understand these simple things are, in my mind, "backwards". Meaning "their views are something that we read about in history books, and feel superior, because we no longer suffer from these prejudices".

Also, I do not claim to understand rich, well-connected and corrupt. I do not claim to understand anybody. That's just you misreading my words.

Dude-san said:
That was irony, mate.

I understood that much, but I wanted to express that I, too, am oppressed by the patriarchy, and by demands of people like Faederwulf to bend to their concept of masculinity.

romagia said:
@flannan do you agree that old parents and autism are correlated?

In its long-winded article that says "we do not understand what causes autism and how it works", Wikipedia says that only the father's age matters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_autism#Genetics

Faederwulf said:
My point is that a clear hierarchy based on merit needs to exist for a society to be healthy.

While I would not mind a clear hierarchy based on merit in society (especially if it prevented empty talkers from reaching the top), I find your idea that women lack merit to be unacceptable and demonstrably false.
flannanSep 15, 2016 5:44 AM
Sep 15, 2016 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
Guys....
LETS NOT FORGET WHAT FIRST POPULAR TV SERIES WAS...

IT WAS MALE AND IT WAS MOE!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 15, 2016 5:47 AM

Nov 2009
Faederwulf said:
flannan said:

http://en.metapedia.org/wiki/RationalWiki
RationalWiki is a wiki created in response to Conservapedia.

Since liberals already control the contents of Wikipedia there is little need for RationalWiki to restate the liberal arguments since they are already stated in Wikipedia. Instead, RationalWiki is characterized by attempted sarcasm against opponents (in particular against Conservapedia) and liberal community building.

The site portrays itself as being "rational" and opposed to "pseudoscience" and "denialism" yet it often promotes exactly this such as by promoting irrational genetics denialism and race denialism. Ideologically based egalitarianism always takes precedence over empirical scientific results showing that individuals and groups are not always equal or empirical results otherwise contradicting political correctness.

Other examples of not criticizing pseudosciences include not mentioning the many criticisms of Marxism as being an unfalsifiable pseudoscience and not criticizing the various pseudosciences associated with Cultural Marxism.

The articles on pseudoscientific but leftist psychoanalysis and its creator Sigmund Freud are overall rather supportive, ignore mentioning many criticisms, and even allege that "Freud is often grouped with Nietzsche and Marx as one of the great thinkers of the 19th century".

The site has many articles dedicated to criticizing Christianity. There are also some criticisms against Islam. However, there are almost no criticisms against Judaism. Instead, the article on the Talmud warns against criticisms. This is part of a more general pattern of a strong pro-Jewish bias. Another example of this is regarding the Arab-Israeli conflict which is explained in the article on Israel as ongoing due to "The refusal of the Arab states to absorb the Arab refugees". Any form of criticism against Jewish influence is generally dismissed as anti-rational antisemitism and conspiracy theories. One possibility is hasbara editors contributing to this.

RationalWiki has an amazingly poor, outdated, and inaccurate article on Metapedia. One possible explanation for this is trolling by banned Metapedia editors such as the troll and and possible mass sock puppeter Atlantid (see User talk:Atlantid and the external links there).

Atlantid may also be partly responsible for the poor state of RaionalWiki's articles on race which are filled with errors, misrepresentations, and outright falsifications of what the given sources actually state.

Okay, let's play on!
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Metapedia

In reality, however, Metapedia is little more than thinly-veiled neo-Nazi propaganda, with a generous helping of Holocaust denial. The site is awash in anti-Semitic conspiracy theory. A key trope is blaming the Jews for undermining the West via cultural Marxism.
Sep 15, 2016 5:57 AM

Nov 2012
How the hell did this turn into a "My wiki is better than your wiki" and "All men are not created equal" convo?
Sep 15, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2013
SuperRed said:
How the hell did this turn into a "My wiki is better than your wiki" and "All men are not created equal" convo?
it was the jews all along.....
http://i.imgur.com/AW0kKwF.jpg
http://2static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Anime+is+a+jewish+conspiracy_532936_5678512.jpg
Sep 15, 2016 6:17 AM

Mar 2015
Chiibi said:
merryfistmas said:
People who expect fiction to represent people in every facet of the personality with all their quirks and idiosyncrasies are unreasonable jackasses, fiction will never be capable of doing that.

YES, exactly.

a little surprise, i just currently entering historical science in collage, and first thing we got introduced is the fact not even non fiction can be objectively same with reality... subjectivity and perspectif is a thing, and no human can avoid that...
KumaSep 15, 2016 6:57 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 15, 2016 6:51 AM

Feb 2013
Kuma said:
Chiibi said:

YES, exactly.

a little surprise, i just currently entering historical science in collage, and first thing we got introduced is the fact not even non fiction can be objectively real... subjectivity and perspectif is a thing, and no human can avoid that...
is this non fictional post real? i am confuse
Sep 15, 2016 6:56 AM

Apr 2015
I think this has single-handedly become the funniest thread on MAL.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 15, 2016 6:57 AM

Mar 2015
romagia said:
Kuma said:

a little surprise, i just currently entering historical science in collage, and first thing we got introduced is the fact not even non fiction can be objectively real... subjectivity and perspectif is a thing, and no human can avoid that...
is this non fictional post real? i am confuse
i mean objectively same with reality... sorry if english not my first language...
InsaneLeader13 said:
you havent meet kecespace... or ssjmaster.. or silversongwriter (i don't know any mal artist that older than him, not lurking in here that long)..
Sep 15, 2016 7:09 AM

Oct 2010
Can I make the point of how absurd it is that people defend a meritocracy in an anime forum? We are all stereotypically losers, creepy otaku in our basement and married with our dakimakuras. This philosophy is self-defeating, damn.
Sep 15, 2016 9:19 AM

Nov 2009
jal90 said:
Can I make the point of how absurd it is that people defend a meritocracy in an anime forum? We are all stereotypically losers, creepy otaku in our basement and married with our dakimakuras. This philosophy is self-defeating, damn.

1) Obviously, it's because the world isn't meritocratic. Bad and stupid people get to be wealthy and liked, while fine people like us don't.
2) Stop stereotyping. There are all kinds of anime fans. From schoolchildren to accomplished professionals.
Sep 15, 2016 9:20 AM

May 2012
Imagine not being gay and not liking men in 2016.
Sep 15, 2016 10:31 AM

Nov 2008
Lain_ said:

Is moe in guys misogynistic too? There are not as many but there are also less shows oriented to a feminine public.

Lol, ironic that they were written for my demographic yet I despise both of them

Teenage boys acting like they are five years old is not cute, it's f*cking ANNOYING.

With immature moe girls like Misuzu or Menma.....I feel like I want to protect them as little sisters or something (which is what the moe feeling is about tbh)

Sep 15, 2016 3:34 PM

Dec 2015
flannan said:

1) Harems are waifu simulators. Moe are children simulators. Of course, japanese authors can combine both, because they're really good at mixing two unrelated things and making it work.

I am outspoken in regards to my disgust for harem as well, on many grounds. Moe being children simulators is all the more worse considering a vast amount of males attracted to moe girls. It goes even a step further with lolis.

flannan said:

2) Let me restate my position. Moe characters aren't ideal. Which makes them more approachable and more waifu-ish. If you see an anime that treats moe characters as sexy, it's likely that the target audience is people who are aware that they themselves aren't perfect.
Being ideal does not maximize one's sex appeal. It's hard to approach somebody who is obviously better than you.

Again, as I said, the fact there can be a correlation between moe and sex appeal is misogynist in itself. It's portraying women in a fantastical light for men to enjoy. Even if moe culture reaches all types of audiences, it doesn't change the fact that its core themes are for the objectification of women.

Gensan said:
@CherryloverCalm down child! don't try to project something out of nothing so hard, think about the worm in your body.

And quite frankly, you aren't the first to accuse me of this, and you won't be the last.

Then chance are, you might be really a troll. just a though.

By this comment alone, you exhibit the actions of a troll. "Just a thought."

Comic_Sans said:
CherryKover said:
It is misogynistic by its very nature, as fellow feminists here have deftly pointed out. Moe anime pander to the most base instincts of its male-dominated target audience through portraying women in such a false light that it borders on autism. When one considers this is the "ideal, cutesy" girl for the average male otaku, the question becomes how deeply ingrained has female objectification become for them.
>Complains about moe
>Has the moe harem SAO in her favorites

What is irony?

> Brings up my favorites.
> Her opinion is invalid.

Nice try.

Faederwulf said:

Perhaps it's not "ingrained" into them, but existed in their desires to begin with? I personally wouldn't settle for anything less than a virginal and submissive young girl (they don't have to be initially submissive, it's quite easy to earn female submission. Having much Celtic blood, I certainly don't have an aversion to girls who put up a fight. The point of the tsundere character after all, isn't their violent outer shell, but their soft and feminine guarded centre).

Though it is quite obvious your ramblings are mostly intended to goad a reaction out of me, I will not ignore your presumptuous statement about my home life, as it is a perfect example of how patriarchal this society really is. The moment a feminist such as myself attempts to disrupt the mass circlejerk: "oh she must not have gotten enough luv and discipline from daddy. Silence her!" Quite sad, really.
Sep 15, 2016 3:55 PM

Oct 2010
flannan said:
jal90 said:

1) Obviously, it's because the world isn't meritocratic. Bad and stupid people get to be wealthy and liked, while fine people like us don't.
2) Stop stereotyping. There are all kinds of anime fans. From schoolchildren to accomplished professionals.

Hmmm... sorry. I guess irony doesn't work well in written text.
Sep 15, 2016 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
CherryLover said:
It is misogynistic by its very nature, as fellow feminists here have deftly pointed out. Moe anime pander to the most base instincts of its male-dominated target audience through portraying women in such a false light that it borders on autism. When one considers this is the "ideal, cutesy" girl for the average male otaku, the question becomes how deeply ingrained has female objectification become for them.

You better watch out kids, those chinese cartoons you are watching with cute girls will make you objectify womens in real life :DDD

P.S: Do you have a hard time being able to differentiate fiction from reality? :)
Sep 15, 2016 5:32 PM

Dec 2015
Seidou_Takizawa said:
CherryLover said:

You better watch out kids, those chinese cartoons you are watching with cute girls will make you objectify womens in real life :DDD

P.S: Do you have a hard time being able to differentiate fiction from reality? :)

No need to distinguish. Fiction quite often reflects reality to some degree, and the case of deeply-rooted harmful themes is no different.
Sep 15, 2016 5:48 PM

May 2016
Seidou_Takizawa said:
CherryLover said:

It's about influence that it has, and image/theme that it implants to all those who watch it.
Sep 15, 2016 5:53 PM

Nov 2008
CherryLover said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

No need to distinguish. Fiction quite often reflects reality to some degree, and the case of deeply-rooted harmful themes is no different.

I don't think we have PROOF that these themes are actually "harmful". I'd like to see some real life cases on how moe anime makes men treat women badly IRL because I still think that accusation is total BS.

I remember someone saying "Well, it's causing men to choose 2D waifu over real women". Lol so what? It might be pathetic and sad but that's only the otaku doing that....it doesn't mean EVERYONE in Japan will stop living a normal lifestyle and not make babies anymore.

It's about influence that it has, and image/theme that it implants to all those who watch it.

You only have to worry about that crap when the audience is very young.
Or just stupid.
The entire fandom shouldn't have to suffer just because some people are that dumb.

Sep 15, 2016 5:53 PM

May 2016
InsaneLeader13 said:
Because you people afraid to confront wth the subject and can only hide and use your overwhelm number of males in this site to laugh and try to shut up woman's speech. when women bring up an issue.

psychological attack but sadly not everyone get intimidated by that.
Sep 15, 2016 5:55 PM
Jul 2018
CherryLover said:
Seidou_Takizawa said:

Just because it can have some realistic aspects to it, it doesn't change the fact that it is still fiction. For exemple: no matter how much realistically violent a game might be it doesnt change the fact that it is a game and the player will not become a violent individual just because he played it. Normal people can differentiate reality and fiction. The same principle can be applied to any other medium.
Fiction is just that fiction, and as such, should not be blamed for the actions of some individuals.

@Zilf

Nice izuru avatar by the way ^^
removed-userSep 15, 2016 5:58 PM
Sep 15, 2016 5:56 PM

May 2016
Chiibi said:
CherryLover said:

I don't think we have PROOF that these themes are actually "harmful". I'd like to see some real life cases on how moe anime makes men treat women badly IRL because I still think that accusation is total BS.

I remember someone saying "Well, it's causing men to choose 2D waifu over real women". Lol so what? It might be pathetic and sad but that's only the otaku doing that....it doesn't mean EVERYONE in Japan will stop living a normal lifestyle and not make babies anymore.
it doesn't have to be directly physically harmful.
it implants an idea of waifu purity that carry slut shaming sub idea.
it can affect the viewers with their view on woman.
Sep 15, 2016 5:57 PM

Nov 2008
Zilf said:
InsaneLeader13 said:
Because you people afraid to confront wth the subject and can only hide and use your overwhelm number of males in this site to laugh and try to shut up woman's speech. when women bring up an issue.

I'm a woman and I think it is a stupid "issue" that is not an actual problem.

.............uh-huh.
PROOF OF THIS PLEASE.

Sep 15, 2016 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
Zilf said:
it doesn't have to be directly physically harmful.
That's called thought policing and it's very dangerous.

CherryLover said:

I am outspoken in regards to my disgust for harem as well, on many grounds. Moe being children simulators is all the more worse considering a vast amount of males attracted to moe girls. It goes even a step further with lolis.
What wrong have the lolis done to deserve this scorn?
Sep 15, 2016 6:02 PM

Dec 2015
Chiibi said:
CherryLover said:

You only have to worry about that crap when the audience is very young.
Or just stupid.
The entire fandom shouldn't have to suffer just because some people are that dumb.

I never made the claim everyone in the fandom has harmful views. I'm merely stating that the portrayal of women in anime (whether in moeblob SoL or overly sexualized in harem/ecchi) is misrepresentation. Of course, most can distinguish fiction from reality, but that doesn't excuse the fact that these images inherently have deep-rooted themes that are misogynist.

Seidou_Takizawa said:
CherryLover said:

Just because it can have some realistic aspects to it, it doesn't change the fact that it is still fiction. For exemple: no matter how much realistically violent a game might be it doesnt change the fact that it is a game and the player will not become a violent individual just because he played it. Normal people can differentiate reality and fiction. The same principle can be applied to any other medium.
Fiction is just that fiction, and as such, should not be blamed for the actions of some individuals.

Again, what I said above. Just being "fiction" should not excuse anime to portray women in such in a objectifying manner.
Sep 15, 2016 6:03 PM

May 2016
Seidou_Takizawa said:
CherryLover said:

But look at wrestling, you see the kid(people in general) imitate it? even though it warn as don't try at home.
it has an affect on reality.
it give a idea to what you could do in certain situation and your view on certain thing.
People refrain their physical action because "law" but doesn't mean they doesn't have an idea to act out in certain way. and all this moe stuff is promoting that.
Sep 15, 2016 6:05 PM

Dec 2015
Ratohnhaketon said:

Oh, not this again. Lolis are quite often sexualized in a very grotesque manner, so it promotes a degree of pedophilia. By nature, lolis are pedobait.
Sep 15, 2016 6:11 PM

May 2016
Chiibi said:
Zilf said:

You just haven't realize the importance of issue.

.............uh-huh.
PROOF OF THIS PLEASE.
[/quote]
you're being nitpicking and asking me to scan everyone's brain into data and show it to you, like what?
Generally the portray of woman in anime are misrepresentation. the reason of those "misrepresentation" come from what all this moe stuff promoting.
Sep 15, 2016 6:11 PM

Feb 2016
CherryLover said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Oh, not this again. Lolis are quite often sexualized in a very grotesque manner, so it promotes a degree of pedophilia. By nature, lolis are pedobait.

Yet some ppl actually like lolis because they are cute, not for sexual appeal...
Sep 15, 2016 6:12 PM

Nov 2008
CherryLover said:
I'm merely stating that the portrayal of women in anime (whether in moeblob SoL or overly sexualized in harem/ecchi) is misrepresentation. Of course, most can distinguish fiction from reality, but that doesn't excuse the fact that these images inherently have deep-rooted themes that are misogynist.

Forgive me but I don't understand what's "misogynistic" about a cute anime moeblob or a sexy anime girl designed for the target audience to enjoy.

Misogyny is the belief that women are inferior to men or that they are hateful or weak. The toxic shit with abusive "romance" like in Twilight and 50 Shades is FAR MORE misogynistic than ANY cute, slice-of-life moe girl anime I've ever bloody seen.

As for the "sexy girl harem anime".......criticizing that it "objecifies" women is the same as we women barging into a porn shop's male section and screaming "I'M OFFENDED!!"

It's ridiculous. It's a male fantasy.

It's not for you.

[quote=Seidou_Takizawa message=47783062]
CherryLover said:

Again, what I said above. Just being "fiction" should not excuse anime to portray women in such in a objectifying manner.

And what about the anime that objectify MEN?

Everyone should be allowed to enjoy their fantasies in peace without all this "BUT IT'S SEXIST AND YOU'RE SEXIST IF YOU LIKE IT!" crap.
ChiibiSep 15, 2016 6:19 PM

Sep 15, 2016 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
CherryLover said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

You owe an apology to every loli who works hard for onii-chan.

Why did you give K-On a 10?
Sep 15, 2016 6:16 PM

Nov 2008
Zilf said:

you're being nitpicking and asking me to scan everyone's brain into data and show it to you, like what?
Generally the portray of woman in anime are misrepresentation. the reason of those "misrepresentation" come from what all this moe stuff promoting.

No, I am not asking you to scan everyone's brain for data. What.

I'm asking you to link to real life cases that show that moe anime has a bad influence on real life.

If you can't do that, then I have a hard time buying that it's true at all.

Sep 15, 2016 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
@CherryLover If people can differentiate fiction from reality then why should the author be censored? He/she has the right to portray a character in a way he/she sees fitting the story. It's not harming anyone.

@Zilf If you are talking about kids then that's the parents job to notarize their children and what they are watching. Other than that i don't see grown people (apart from some idiots) imitating it.
Sep 15, 2016 6:19 PM

Apr 2013
Zilf said:
Chiibi said:

You just haven't realize the importance of issue.

.............uh-huh.
PROOF OF THIS PLEASE.

Generally the portray of woman in anime are misrepresentation. the reason of those "misrepresentation" come from what all this moe stuff promoting.[/quote]

And you think men are represented properly?

It's fiction. Who the fuck cares.
Sep 15, 2016 6:24 PM

Dec 2015
Chiibi said:

Forgive me but I don't understand what's "misogynistic" about a cute anime moeblob or a sexy anime girl designed for the target audience to enjoy.

Misogyny is the belief that women are inferior to men or that they are hateful or weak. The toxic shit with abusive "romance" like in Twilight and 50 Shades is FAR MORE misogynistic than ANY cute, slice-of-life moe girl anime I've ever bloody seen.

As for the "sexy girl harem anime".......criticizing that it "objecifies" women is the same as we women barging into a porn shop's male section and screaming "I'M OFFENDED!!"

First, I never brought up 50 Shades, which is fairly misogynist, but that's besides the point. Porn and the like by its nature objectify people (most often women) as merely sex objects. Harem/ecchi anime does the same, to a lesser degree. The idea that some males see women in anime as "cum dumpsters" is an example of this.

As for moe, the issue is misrepresentation, which I feel I have adequately explained.

Chiibi said:
It's ridiculous. It's a male fantasy.

It's not for you.

And it doesn't make it any less objectifying.
Ratohnhaketon said:
CherryLover said:

You owe an apology to every loli who works hard for onii-chan.

Why did you give K-On a 10?

Really, this is becoming old. Quit derailing the topic by mentioning my favorites.
Sep 15, 2016 6:25 PM

May 2016
Zanzegan said:
CherryLover said:

Yet some ppl actually like lolis because they are cute, not for sexual appeal...
Question is can that statement be trusted?

tbh i'm surprised by the fact that fapping to loli is consider normal in this community but fapping to male is gay.
It contradicts the whole with the whole loli is not real argument, but well guess they only project an argument that sounds convenience to them without considering about the flaw of logic.
ZilfSep 15, 2016 6:36 PM
Sep 15, 2016 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
Zilf said:
InsaneLeader13 said:

It would be too bad if there were actual arguments on this thread that keep being consistantly ignored.

Oh, wait. There are. Maybe I should stop giving a fuck about this thread.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

187 by Jackson1333 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

28 by Rinenka »»
13 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

30 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

39 by Tirinchas »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.