Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Oct 8, 2016 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
ssjtk said:
Thebigofan said:
There's no god or goddess or deities. It's all made up by humans. And there's no afterlife either.

But where is the proof that no such thing exists, at least the bible mentions historical events and makes reference to things that actually happened in this world. We have actual scriptures and gospels written centuries ago.

References to historical events do not make the rest of the book true, otherwise every alternate history sci-fi would be legit history textbooks.
Oct 9, 2016 6:29 AM

Aug 2014
I just refuse to believe in something as stupid as the "Big Bang Theory". One of the most retarded theories in the entire history. The Bible is so much more believable than the Big Bang. I would believe fairies exist before I would believe in the "Big Bang Theory"
Thinking of you, wherever you are.
Oct 9, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
I say No, and i strongly believe that and nothing can change my mind. I wont try to convince anybody. All scientiic studies that have been done over many years are right there, and if you cant see the faults in religion/deny the existence or correctness of these facts, how will i ever convince you. Believe what you want to belive, as long as it makes sense to you and makes you happy. Just dont mock or trample on what i believe (or in this case, don't believe) and we go on with our lives.
Just keep it 100% out of politics.
Oct 9, 2016 4:47 PM

Aug 2013
ssjtk said:
I just refuse to believe in something as stupid as the "Big Bang Theory". One of the most retarded theories in the entire history. The Bible is so much more believable than the Big Bang. I would believe fairies exist before I would believe in the "Big Bang Theory"
Well the Bible is more understandable than there being nothing and then an everexpaning space-time, but the Bible was written to be easily understandable imo. Then again you cant really explain how everyday things like gravity work either, so that would mean god created it was well, and i dont see any mention of it in the Bible. Now im not trying to convince you into anything, im just trying to chat.
Oct 9, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2012
fourteen billion years of history, forty six billion light years of observable universe, ten billion galaxies...
one hundred billion stars per galaxy and at least one hundred billion planets just in this one...
but all of it exists just so i can (in god's image!), for quite literally no reason...
in my specific galaxy, circling my specific sun, on my tiny planet full of undesirable conditions and evolutions...
where my specific interventionist god performed miracles in a very small area of desert for a very short period of time...
and only to a specific race that he (as he is also a male) decided was his chosen people...
and then decided, as he is infinitely kind, that he should leave non-believers to an eternity in hell...
rather than make the premise of his existence seem anything less than insane...
knowing full well that they're already going to hell when they're created, but apparently forgetting this several times...

also, don't masturbate
VoltiiOct 9, 2016 6:02 PM

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Oct 10, 2016 3:24 AM

Jul 2012
ssjtk said:

But where is the proof that no such thing exists, at least the bible mentions historical events and makes reference to things that actually happened in this world. We have actual scriptures and gospels written centuries ago.

Its impossible to prove a negative of this nature. Just like how nobody can prove that the tooth fairy, Santa Clause, or giant spaghetti monsters don't exist.

But if you are to make a claim that God exists when he is undetectable; such an extraordinary claim would require equally extraordinary evidence. You now shoulder the burden of proof.

For those who cannot find any plausible evidence to believe in a God, they are under no obligation to provide proof for something that supposedly isn't there.

Because there hasn't been credible evidence to suggest otherwise, we can conclude that unless otherwise proven, there is no logical reason to assume or believe in the existence of a God.
Oct 10, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2013
ssjtk said:

Actually happened int the world? Like Noah's ark? We have proof that there are more animal species on earth that can fit on ship of that size, especially a pair of them. Doesn't that seem a tad suspicious to you.
Oct 14, 2016 6:44 PM

Aug 2014
CheekyKunt said:
He's real if you believe in him, fake if you don't. There, simple, end of the fucking story.

So if I believe him, and my friend doesn't, does that mean he is both real and fake at the same time? In existence but at the same time doesn't exist at all?
Oct 14, 2016 10:39 PM

Jan 2013
ssjtk said:
CheekyKunt said:
He's real if you believe in him, fake if you don't. There, simple, end of the fucking story.

So if I believe him, and my friend doesn't, does that mean he is both real and fake at the same time? In existence but at the same time doesn't exist at all?

You are absolutely correct.
Imaginary friends are real to the believer, and not real to everyone else.
Oct 14, 2016 10:59 PM

Aug 2016
What I only know is that there is no afterlife.

I thought were already done with this
Oct 14, 2016 11:07 PM

Dec 2009
God can be too real for us to even visualize It.
After all, we don't know how to define God or gods.
Oct 14, 2016 11:11 PM

Sep 2009
To take the bait off of the hooks is to "debait," not to "debate.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 5, 2016 10:45 AM

Aug 2014
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/04/world/middleeast/jesus-tomb-opened-jerusalem-constantine.html?_r=0

Well They opened up Jesus' tomb.
Nov 5, 2016 11:39 AM
Sep 2007
_platonic_ said:
depends what you believe god to be. you might be relating to something which isn't. from my understanding he's the unescapable master of the universe which has allowed all things to happen and is in complete control of everything that occurs no matter how seamlessly you believe it to be your own personal defiance of. and uses both good and evil to carry out his will regardless of the evil doers efforts to challenge him. it is all made righteous and justice is served in the broader picture. according to his law. we all play the part we are made to play. and even though we have free will to do what we will. Its not like he didn't make you to carry out that specific role. in what you will choose to do.
From my understanding its well accepted that we all live under the law.
and its a standard by which nothing escapes. In the is there free will thread
I made a big argument about why it is. here I am claiming that theres something greater than the sum of its parts which acknowledges an intelligence to which it adheres. we have the free will to what we want which either way are only contributing to what will be made only a service to what he will use. We're mostly unruly, unresponsible, disrespectful, self iimportant, creatures of comfort, and pursuers of power, wealth, or personal grat. establish our own existence. and its all for the glory of god. because to those that its visible and to those who us by example are given the message. will prove us wrong in holding a standard to which as simple as those peoples lifes may be.
are the rulers of the earth. and hold superiority over the rest of us. and are given the keys to the dare I say it. his kingdom. They still have to prove it day in day out. living a seamlessly normal life and not be tempted to fall from they're place as the most decent guardians of the earth. and by them and what they do the rest of us are to basicly play out their expression thus glorifying them, and thus glorifying god. we seem to find a lot of meaning in hiding behind things that flare our sense of self. you know how when you a kid and the teacher and generally everyone told you to be good. don't do this. Don't lie. Unless its someone who is attempting to deceived you. or bait you.
be a good boy. Its the standard which we all fell away from as being a stupid foolish advice cus we know better. we know what good for us. were rebels.
or atleast attempt to be in all our sarcasm and defiance of anything by being clever. well it turns out that what you failed to understand is be a good boy
means you'll certainly be the representative of the righteous that holds true authority over the earth. and is not in castles and where'd you'd expect them to be. they are living there lives proving themselves day in and day out. that their actions mean more than most. some quotes from bible make this claim but that would be a terrible idea. due to the hypocrisy of religion as an exploitation device cus opportunity makes the theif. usually what you find is that what was said to be true is true but in the hands of someone exploiting it
they may not believe it. either way power is in the hands of someone who could care whether you believe it or not. they've made you who you are.
cus you believe the church not the book. and followed the words of the preacher as he would have you believe it instead of you getting information and only from the source. Some people put you in derision and say something like you have to believe every word. or else.

but what I'm getting at is one will find real meaning or truth in what relates to them. and will not be able to swallow the weight of something that doesn't.

this woman has given more than any of these wealthy men because she had given all she had to live on which wasn't much. these measures are not the signs of someone being swindled. that is a something that proves dominance over that which would never do the same.

there many more examples of what is of good wisdom but would not make sense to someone who only understands seemless logic that can be appreciated at face value. Do not judge. Is there any reason why. you don't and they might be what they appear to be. but you judge them and then it becomes the reason either why they do represent that or might just make you the one who is now in judgement due to them being cleared of their name by their actions and you projecting something which is now being returned to find whats hiding under your character. by the same measure you judge others you will be judged. Do I believe in god. I believe everything works in accordance with him. we just can't see it cus were so far removed from the reality that were mostly the reasons for the consequences we find all around us. and by the word of another man he convinces you. there is no god. or has you believe that if there is gives you reasons to hate him. but its not him.
we as a civilization of children have behaved badly and are not going to see a reason to believe so easily. carry your cross and follow me. that pretty much means that in the depths of darkness that is the world and its pride and self importance be the exception and be a respectable example of someone who is not deterred by others by why they see around them to lose the character.
the people that manage to not sully their name. and unfortunately many of them fall prey to others demanding that they have this self defeating sense of worthlessness to bow down and lower their heads as if what they've done and doing good at being "a good person" something we all make exceptions as to what it means. are with the others in a church with a cross idol which it says in the book not to have. are doing so. theres metaphors in there that if understood. would mean a great deal. and if most people don't want to have even the slightest doubt that theres any relevance to a book like that. well certainly its not the biggest crime to just pick and choose what you want to take from the book because the rest is just straight up offensive to ones intelligence, to ones sense of self respect. but theres different versions and I notice that some twist the language so even the things that would be of wisdom, sound like another command of obedience.

you want to hold the keys to the kingdom. which means be in an actual position of power even if you work at walmart or not in any position of prestige in your life. You want the world to act according not to your will but responsive to your existence. and basicly are other peoples ticket to opportunity by honoring you cus you certainly make the consistant effort to honor others. and that dynamic plays out. then its kind of what everyone was saying, be a good boy, its whats best for you. cus certainly through it all you'd be on top and satisfied with how your one of the few who weren't fooled into giving up their character for a disrespectful one. that person holds the standard by which your life is measured. rich or poor. smart or just attempting to be clever. and its not even gods chosen people, its just the law.

but I thinks enough for now. I know that theres something to be gained from looking to my character for wealth, real wealth. and the only way is to be the work and be humble, to the pride, walk the walk till somehow someone like me like anyone can become honored to play a role of a good example which is better than all cynical heathenistic playing by the rules of men stuff. that don't matter when you've have something of character to protect and be someone is I don't know worthy of love. not in romantic way but world loves you for not being just another self important self obsessed average person or is just looking out for themselves. people do appreciate who you are. even though they struggle to not hate themselves.

So that's it. people behaving badly just giving everyone else the go ahead hey what are you doing there acting like you mean something. go be somebody and party. cus were certainly having a good time. there must of been a reason why you felt like there was something of value you were giving up. pretty meaningful too.
Are you aware that no one reads long posts on Internet?
Dec 10, 2016 7:32 AM

Aug 2014
Symptomatic said:

Why couldn't there be something after death? There is no proof that there isn't life after death. Many have seen things when they are close to death.
Dec 10, 2016 8:10 AM

Aug 2016
ssjtk said:
Symptomatic said:

Why couldn't there be something after death? There is no proof that there isn't life after death. Many have seen things when they are close to death.
everything you perceive such as feelings, thoughts, pain etc you perceive because you have a brain, now what happens if that brain dies?
~
this night has opened my eyes
and I will never sleep again
the dream has gone
~

Dec 10, 2016 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Not sure, there is the possibility of God's existence, but it's also very cloudy. There are prayers that go unanswered, so how do we explain that? I've heard that prayer has to be in accordance with God's will? But what if that prayer is not selfish, but rather a prayer that should in every way measure up with God's will from a moral and honorable standpoint? But yet that prayer goes unanswered. Should we 1. Say that it was simply just not the right timing or God's will? Or 2. Should we sight that unanswered prayer as undeniable evidence that there is no receiver on the other end of that prayer.

I've wondered for the longest time why my prayers don't seem to ever come true. And that was when I started questioning if there even is anything on the other side.
Dec 10, 2016 8:35 AM
Jun 2013
ShadowMikoto said:
Not sure, there is the possibility of God's existence, but it's also very cloudy. There are prayers that go unanswered, so how do we explain that? I've heard that prayer has to be in accordance with God's will? But what if that prayer is not selfish, but rather a prayer that should in every way measure up with God's will from a moral and honorable standpoint? But yet that prayer goes unanswered. Should we 1. Say that it was simply just not the right timing or God's will? Or 2. Should we sight that unanswered prayer as undeniable evidence that there is no receiver on the other end of that prayer.

I've wondered for the longest time why my prayers don't seem to ever come true. And that was when I started questioning if there even is anything on the other side.

Few Notable points :

01 Prayers didn't matched the Frequency of God
02 Prayers couldn't reach the God due to Cosmic Congestion
03 It takes 1000's of years of Tapas to please a Hindu God and only then he/she appears and grants a Boon ^_^ So what makes you think a Cosmic God will listen to selfish prayers <>___<>
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 10 hours ago

15 by pludel2 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 44 minutes ago

1 by creepylurker »»
6 minutes ago

» What sort of education did you get?

removed-user - Dec 23, 2019

45 by KittenCuddler »»
8 minutes ago

» Why should we have sympathy for drug addicts? ( 1 2 )

HarryRambod22 - Feb 10, 2022

73 by pludel2 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

22 by Rhaelynne »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.