Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol I find it funny at how excited Ai got at that shop with the swimsuits.

I think this episode had slightly more service than the others. I like the swimsuits the girls picked. Teko's outfits looked adorable too. They also took some nice pictures so those will be precious memories.

As usual, I like the chemistry between Teko and Pikari.
Sep 9, 2016 8:31 AM

Apr 2010
The girls having a day of fun by themselves for ones.
And they had a very good time by the looks of things it was also nice to see them progress their relationship like that.
Aoki becoming better at swimming and talking her mind is also a nice development.
It was a nice episode ones again.
Sep 9, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2015
Oh no. Girls plus shopping and extra Sale. After that, it's playing at the beach time. Makoto, you just DO NOT KNOW what you're missing. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 9, 2016 9:06 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Very cute second half, shopping trip was alright.
Sep 9, 2016 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
The girls were having a fun day by themselves!
Sep 9, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2012
Ah yes, the legendary otter-style float. Teko finally passes the test.

Let's-a-go!

Sep 9, 2016 9:17 AM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck Ai's got massively big, beautiful tits! XD Once again the yuri vibe between Teko and Pikari was strong! Congrats on passing Teko, loved the otter style. XD

To the ocean!!! :)
Sep 9, 2016 9:27 AM

Dec 2014
Whoop Whoopity Whoop/10 episode.

I found Pikari's flattering Ai by calling her treasure so hilarious. xD
Shopping was fun to watch, The allure of sales, I'm a victim of Steam sales XD

Watching the girls have fun at the beach put a huge grin on my face, Such a pleasure to watch.
Even I was surprised when Pikari said she is often at a loss as well.
It was nice to see Teko say she really wanted to be Pikari's buddy with all her heart, The entire scene was so sweet and adorable.

Teko passed the test :D, That otter style. XD
So everyone going diving together soon. :D This is gonna be good.

On a side note, Today's life lessons:

"If you're at a loss, do a lets-a-go!"
"Even the most mundane things right under your nose can become treasures depending on how you seem them."
Sep 9, 2016 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
Man...Big brother Senpai missed out on something BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Ai and Pikari in Swimsuits...*drooooooooool*

I also liked what Ai said in the beginning as well, thats a good quote to use in life.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 9, 2016 10:30 AM

Feb 2014
That hazukashii serifu. Pikari calling Ai a treasure and causing her to blush made me lol.
And Teko is a lot smaller than I thought.
Sep 9, 2016 10:40 AM

Jul 2016
okay, now we got a fan service in this episode. The backsounds in this anime are always calming, so I rarely can laugh at their joke, but make a great impact for the melancholy scene.
Sep 9, 2016 11:24 AM

Dec 2014
No sensei until the last few minutes makes me sad.

Still a very good episode.
Sep 9, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2013
yeah fan service and here I thought this show wouldn't have any kind of fan service. Yet again this anime proves Teko and Pikari best yuri ship since I don't know when. overall this was just a nice episode to watch Teko got to pass her test, we got to see swimsuit action, and of course otter style.
Sep 9, 2016 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Unfortunately, we'll never see this kind of fanservice in Aria the Trilogy..
Sep 9, 2016 1:51 PM

Jun 2013
Did they actually add fanservice here? If they did thats really dissapointing
Sep 9, 2016 2:18 PM

May 2016
Pikari. Teko. Get a room.
The tension's in the air, to the point when air got seriously thick and the hints are just too obvious.

Otter floating style is not only cute and effective, but makes your mind go totally blank for up to 10 minutes, apparently. I can't help but think she was just bouncng off the walls with an unchanged expression. What a great way to spend time.

Sidenote - what's with people being unhappy with 'fanservice'? Were they supposed to go swimming fully clothed, or am I missing something?
Sep 9, 2016 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
Specimen021 said:
Pikari. Teko. Get a room.
The tension's in the air, to the point when air got seriously thick and the hints are just too obvious.

Otter floating style is not only cute and effective, but makes your mind go totally blank for up to 10 minutes, apparently. I can't help but think she was just bouncng off the walls with an unchanged expression. What a great way to spend time.

Sidenote - what's with people being unhappy with 'fanservice'? Were they supposed to go swimming fully clothed, or am I missing something?

When people were saying fanservice I was afraid that there were a ton of t and a shots but all the beach and swimsuits were tasteful so I don't see the problem, it also seems like that's the reasons the poll results are a lot lower than the either episodes :/
Sep 9, 2016 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
Another healing episode of this healing anime calms me down after another tedious day at work.

I don't know if I consider the bathing suits as fan service per se, at least the girls were visiting the beach after buying new suits. It certainly wasn't gratuitous. Does the manga have scenes like this?
I voted high as usual since I like the message and the way it's presented.
Sep 9, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2015
Teko finally passed the test. Time for some real diving!

Sep 9, 2016 6:05 PM

Jun 2008
Ai is so beautiful with her hair down.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Sep 9, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2013
So Ai doesn't know how to spend her Sunday and Futaba and Pikari come to her rescue by taking her to shop for logbooks and then mizugis. There wasn't any body flaunting despite them all having some pretty shapely bodies which is good.

And Futaba tells Pikari that she isn't good enough and sometimes thinks whether she's good enough for Pikari or not mainly because there are a lot of times when she doesn't know what to do. And Pikari tells her that when one starts something new, that's when one is at a loss. And one is only at a loss when one isn't satisfied with what is happening. Which means that not being sure what to do means that you're doing something new to change the current situation or enjoy the current situation. Sometimes it's pretty hard to follow what Pikari is saying.

And Futaba passes the basic diving test and can therefore dive in the sea.
Sep 9, 2016 7:35 PM
Sep 2012
So an episode that focuses mainly on Ai... the only character that I really hate in this show. At least we get some nice bikini shots of the 3 girls.

Ai is such a complete and total bitch towards her brother, but I have to admit that she looks really cute with her hair down. She should let her hair down in public from now on.
Sep 9, 2016 8:10 PM

Jun 2013
Amazing and well adapted episode as always!, See anime, this is how you handle a character with Anxiety(im looking at you Kuma Miko)
Also, it saddens me that people are saying that this episode had fanservice when it did not, just becaus ethey are in swimsuits, why does that have to mean its fanservice?
Sep 9, 2016 8:37 PM

Nov 2009
Good episode. I like when the pace picks up a little bit. The characters' faces are pretty weird looking even before they make their default weird expressions so the swimsuits didn't really strike me as fanservicey other than Ai's, or if that's what they were going for, it didn't work in this case.

Pikari is wonderful. She's not quite an irrepressible ball of fun character (that would be too hyperactive for this show) but she is a joy to watch.
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Sep 9, 2016 8:50 PM

Feb 2008
Swimsuits don't really feel like fan service when the show is about scuba diving and it was done quite tastefully. At least Ai is a little less annoying without her brother around to bully.
Sep 9, 2016 9:23 PM

Nov 2010
Great episode as always. peaceful and relaxing.
Also, good to have a focus on Ai.

Mascera said:
Makoto, you just DO NOT KNOW what you're missing. LOL

Hahaha, nice one.
Sep 9, 2016 9:25 PM

Nov 2010
ernietheracefan said:
Unfortunately, we'll never see this kind of fanservice in Aria the Trilogy..
Oh C'mon, Aria didn't have the needs for fanservice!

It was perfect the way it was. >.<
hgeronimoSep 10, 2016 7:06 AM
Sep 9, 2016 10:55 PM

Nov 2012
is it really that hard to find swimsuits for bigger cup sizes in japan? at least here no one would have to buy 2 tops to cover up their chest.
Sep 10, 2016 1:18 AM

Mar 2014
Anyone enlighten me, Im not a girl so no idea just curiosity
I know she wants to cover up her chest but the stripe swimsuit seems dont fit her so she gets the black one which covers her chest perfectly

now they wore their swimsuits, gets the idea having two tops swimsuit
here is my question

Why wear both instead using the black swimsuit ? For Fashion ?

Sep 10, 2016 7:30 AM

Apr 2015
The struggle of big melons XD.

Very naicu beach episode.
Sep 10, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode as usual.
Can see how the final will be them going for an ocean dive. That sure will look great.
Sep 10, 2016 10:43 AM
Nov 2015
Cringed a couple times during this episode. What happened to the magic? :(

3/5
Sep 10, 2016 6:12 PM

Oct 2015
Man I love this anime, such a feel good show to go with the dark and serious animes that I'm watching alongside this. Also feels really relaxing to watch after crazy weeks and stuff, loving it!
Gotta have that OST after they release it, it is so beautiful.

xiety10 said:
Anyone enlighten me, Im not a girl so no idea just curiosity
I know she wants to cover up her chest but the stripe swimsuit seems dont fit her so she gets the black one which covers her chest perfectly

now they wore their swimsuits, gets the idea having two tops swimsuit
here is my question

Why wear both instead using the black swimsuit ? For Fashion ?

Well, I also am not a girl, but she said that neither of those fits alone, so she uses both to make sure there isn't anything slipping off or something like that. Not sure how much common that is, but maybe some girl will confirm or deny it here later.
Sep 10, 2016 7:42 PM

Mar 2009
When compared to Aria, there's a slight amount of fanservice in Amanchu. But it does so without being exploitative and gratuitous. I certainly don't mind that; the girls are cute and Ai has a nice body.
Sep 11, 2016 2:17 AM

Dec 2010
I want to watch an entire episode of floating Teko.
Sep 11, 2016 12:16 PM

May 2015
The fanservice wasn't that bad. You people are just overreacting. Anyways, this was another nice and relaxing episode. I'm hoping to see a lot of actual scuba diving in the ocean next episode!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Sep 11, 2016 9:53 PM

Dec 2009
This show really does feel as if it's progressing like a love story.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Sep 12, 2016 6:19 AM

May 2010
I feel you, Ai. Where to begin from, I'm always struggling with that. In the end, the day ends and I'm like wut. But ye... I do get somewhat productive every now and then. But ye, it's not satisfying.
Also man, does she look beautiful with her hair down. Please keep it that way forever <3

They all have nice bodies for sure! Esp. Ai
Yea good job, Teko. Get dem nice bodies saved in your phone.

The grandma is such a mature character and always offer good advice. Love her role.

Yeaa, exactly.
Man, Hikari. You brighten up the world.
So being lost means you have a good chance to become satisfied with yourself and have fun. What a nice way of looking things.
I really wanna root for Teko, you can do it!! She did it! I'm so proud...

This anime is insanely positive. I love it a lot.
Sep 13, 2016 2:49 AM

Jan 2011
That laughing ghost Makoto.
Sep 14, 2016 6:48 AM

Jul 2013
That floating Teko in the end x_x

She looks absolutely amazing in that one piece too. I get that she's timid but it's truly a wonder the guys aren't going crazy over her!
Sep 14, 2016 8:57 PM

Oct 2008
Too much fanservice from Ane-chan-sempai...Not that I complaining! hehehe
4/5.

Sep 15, 2016 8:22 PM

May 2010
Brace yourself, another fanservice is coming...FULL cat episode :3
Sep 16, 2016 2:48 AM

Jul 2009
Teko's bikini was kinda plan, Anee sure have a nice body.
Sep 16, 2016 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
The episode keeps in terms of narrative, even those features that makes it a pleasure watching this anime series. The psychological component is not lacking, but there is still a small step in introspection of the characters, and the relationship between Pikari and Teko. Excellent designs and animations, the OST is catchy as usual.
Sep 17, 2016 12:12 PM

Aug 2015
That hazukashi serifu by Pikari and Teko just made me and Ane-chan-senpai cringe as shit, good for Makoto though he survived for another day.

Anyway just a random shittalk but I like how they focused on life choices because seriously though best decision making skills comes from gut instinct ala let's-a-go by Pikari, if you encounter some mistakes you took in whatever thing it is, you get to learn more from it and have a proper way to solve and counter those kinds of shit in the future which leads to a proper decision making = success.
MizunashiSep 26, 2016 6:39 AM
Sep 17, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
Teko finally confessed her true feelings to Pikari

Some Girl Time in this episode but without any of the bs. Looking forward to seeing all of them dive now that Teko passed the test.

Loved the outift Pikari wore in this episode by the way. It's probably my favourite one so far.
KashKetchumSep 17, 2016 5:33 PM
Sep 25, 2016 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
TEKOOO ;0; Man, that was some hazukashii serifu there but I love their budding romance friendship. Teko is an excellent portrayal of someone who deals with anxiety and overthinking and I just love seeing her overcome it. Teko is me.

As I thought, they are really saving the actual diving for the last episode, and I'm hoping that means we'll get a second season and maybe third because there's still so much material they haven't animated from the manga. Certain scenes and characters I'd love to see animated!!
Oct 3, 2016 10:25 AM

May 2012
Another very lovely episode, the suiting and fun atmosphere just gets me each episode!
Oct 3, 2016 5:39 PM

Oct 2012
This episode was literally destroyed but all those superdeformed faces inserted in the most unfit moments and by all those cheesy phrases that felt way to bland and naive.
Aria had Aika who stopped those phrases in their wake but Amanchu doesn't have such character and it feels pretty cringeworthy sometimes.

So I'm still happy Teko managed to pass the test but including it into this episode felt more like an afterthought. And carefully built-up atmosphere was always being destroyed by those annoying chibi characters.
Nov 24, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
This episode is so chill. They just bought new swimsuits and they already use it.

Lets a go!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2016

69 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

186 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

113 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

59 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

63 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.