Forum Settings
Forums

unexpected people who'd actually appreciate anime.

New
Sep 9, 2016 12:15 AM

Oct 2012
a while ago i was watching euphonium episode 8 on our smart TV in our living room and 2 minutes in the episode, my mom just came home and sat beside me. i was like shocked and freaked out lol because she doesn't usually find me watching this kind of anime since the main cast is mostly girls, so i felt akward , and so i just continued watching, and as the show is at its end im shocked that she didn't left and she was actually watching. and after the episode this were her reaction:

mom: is that it? is it over??
me: no its just episode 8, theres 4 more episode. but i wont be watching anymore today since i have to do something.
mom : ok then tell me when you'll be watching episodes 9, 10 , 11 and 12.

lol i was so shocked didn't knew she would actually liked it.
anyway do you guys have any thing happening like this?
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 9, 2016 12:19 AM

Jan 2015
Had an ex call me weeb trash then watch fucking Monster Musume some months into our relationship. How fucking dare that bitch.
Sep 9, 2016 12:21 AM

Oct 2015
Does your mom know that she has bad tastes?
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Sep 9, 2016 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
sjo said:

You're one of these three: A complete dumbass, someone who thinks the world revolves around himself, or someone who doesn't know what "taste" means.

Anyways, I was watching No Game No Life and my sister thought the loli ecchi scenes were cute.
Sep 9, 2016 12:29 AM

Oct 2012
sjo said:

in some parts in our world, some people have taste for rats and cockroaches, which are pretty uncommon. and in some manner is the same as to your taste. pretty unique and uncommon. great taste of your's! ;)

Sep 9, 2016 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
I once watched an ecchi harem anime with my grandma ... she took it better than I thought.
Sep 9, 2016 1:19 AM

Feb 2013
it is rumored that bernie sanders is a big fan of ginga eiyuu densetsu
Sep 9, 2016 1:53 AM

May 2009
A friend who's a part-time model whom I thought had a very exigent taste. I never knew she watched anime until recently.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Sep 9, 2016 2:15 AM

Mar 2012
I remember my mom watching City Hunter on TV with me. The first time she came and sat I was a bit nervous knowing the sort of edgy pervertish comedy it has but she enjoyed and and told me that I should call her whenever the next episode is going to be aired. I usually watch supernatural stuff about demons being the MC so she already says that anime is a bad influence on me making me believe that demons are good, so this one was a surprise. Another anime she has watched with me is Black Jack.
Sep 9, 2016 2:21 AM

Oct 2015
Senpaoi said:
sjo said:

You're one of these three: A complete dumbass, someone who thinks the world revolves around himself, or someone who doesn't know what "taste" means.

Anyways, I was watching No Game No Life and my sister thought the loli ecchi scenes were cute.

I get the sense that you're angry about something, but I can't quite figure out what's bothering you.
Also, your sister is a degenerate.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Sep 9, 2016 2:22 AM

Oct 2015
romagia said:

I doubt any liberal would have decent preferences for anything, honestly.
Sep 9, 2016 2:24 AM

Feb 2016
My dad watched an anime with me when I was 8

I thought he was pretending until I found out he continued watching it in jail.
Sep 9, 2016 2:33 AM

Jun 2014
Dylaan_Omer said:

What the fuck. That got weird real quick.
Sep 9, 2016 2:47 AM

Apr 2016
I envy you. My mom has a weird and inconsistent relationship with Japanese culture...
Sep 9, 2016 3:57 AM

Feb 2016
romagia said:

You serious?
sjo said:
Senpaoi said:

I get the sense that you're angry about something, but I can't quite figure out what's bothering you.

4. He could also be slightly trolling which doesnt fall into either of these categories
Calling this little twat degenerated is pretty harsh, maybe shes just lesbian.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Sep 9, 2016 4:12 AM

Jan 2014
I honestly thought this topic would be interesting.
Sep 9, 2016 4:12 AM

Aug 2014
After reading the title i wanted to say your mom, but i was played like a goddamn fiddle.

Then I wanted to say my little sister (~12y/o) enjoyed watching gintama with me but then I reminded that this is an anime forum and I should not refer to my little sister.
Sep 9, 2016 4:13 AM
Oct 2015
I watched HOTD on TV, in the living room with my family.

My parents said that its fine, because it was just a cartoon.
Before telling me to find a job.
Sep 9, 2016 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
Pretty sure Euphonium isn't something anybody should be shy about watching.
Yeah I have a friend who I didn't meet for a year after moving out, and when I went to his house we were bored so I thought I'd make him watch OreGairu with me. His reactions were a little funny, every time Hachiman went on his usual spree - my friend would jump out reacting like this.
Sep 9, 2016 4:27 AM

Oct 2015
romagia said:

Nah it's actually donald trump who is a fan of LoGH because he has good taste xdddddddd

bernie likes el moe del shitto xd
Sep 9, 2016 4:32 AM

Jun 2016
Haha, what a cute conversation!

Well, no. I usually watch anime on my phone with the headphones, so nobody has an opportunity to join me.
Sep 9, 2016 5:06 AM

Dec 2013
Last year, I had this popular classmate who turned out to be an anime fan too but the thing is he thought Death note was the best anime ever and there can never be something better. How can you determine that's the best anime to exist when I can count the number of shows you've watched on one hand Or ok, two hands..?

It was pretty unexpected but I just asked him during an exam and I was right.
Sep 9, 2016 5:14 AM

Apr 2015
nah, even my dad loves Naruto and Pokemon, oh wait...
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Sep 9, 2016 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
Well my das watched spirited away when it first got out, does that count? I don't remember his reaction though.
Sep 9, 2016 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
Rinetto said:
I remember my mom watching City Hunter on TV with me. The first time she came and sat I was a bit nervous knowing the sort of edgy pervertish comedy it has but she enjoyed and and told me that I should call her whenever the next episode is going to be aired. I usually watch supernatural stuff about demons being the MC so she already says that anime is a bad influence on me making me believe that demons are good, so this one was a surprise. Another anime she has watched with me is Black Jack.

Woaw nice. Recently? I remember my mom watching it with me when it aired here, I was like 5 or 6. (it was called Nicky Larson here :p). You could try to show her Ranma 1/2 after that, it's the same kind of 80's shonen comedy with a splash of ecchi, and quite open and mature when it comes to sexuality without being in your face about it (Just compare the portrayal of gay chars in DBZ and City Hunter... City Hunter wins)
Sep 9, 2016 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
sjo said:
Senpaoi said:

No, I was happily chatting in the MAL-Rewrite channel when I posted that. And I don't have a sister.

You think cold reading works online or some shit?
Sep 9, 2016 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
My nana actually likes a good amount of anime. I got her to watch Attack on Titan, Eden of the East, Fullmetal Alchemist, and My Neighbor Totoro.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 9, 2016 7:10 AM

Jul 2009
Dylaan_Omer said:

Lmfao shit gold quality post mayt

OT: new roommates all had Crunchyroll accounts whereas they didn't look the type one bit
Sep 9, 2016 7:13 AM

Feb 2015
My mom saw me reading doujin.... And she just smiled at me... I'm still wondering about that smile though...
Sep 9, 2016 7:21 AM

Oct 2012
_Ako_ said:
My mom saw me reading doujin.... And she just smiled at me... I'm still wondering about that smile though...

what you think she thought : huh don't reach young blood, you still have plenty more to go.

what she really thought : oh wow my son/daughter is so cute, such a kid at heart lol

well just kidding anyway :3

side note : you should rate your watched anime's IMO!!!!

Sep 9, 2016 7:24 AM

Feb 2015
Kyzen said:
_Ako_ said:

what you think she thought : huh don't reach young blood, you still have plenty more to go.

what she really thought : oh wow my son/daughter is so cute, such a kid at heart lol

Lol... To be honest, I'm thinking that smile of hers is different from any heart-warming smile... What do you say this.... A smile that shows how pitiful amI?
Sep 9, 2016 7:28 AM

Oct 2012
_Ako_ said:
Kyzen said:

Lol... To be honest, I'm thinking that smile of hers is different from any heart-warming smile... What do you say this.... A smile that shows how pitiful amI?

ohhh such pessimistic way of thinking! but theres possibility no doubt about that, it all depends on how she smiled right? and its only you who can tell.. :D

Sep 9, 2016 7:30 AM

Feb 2014
My mom/family has watched alot of Ghibli films together since we grew up watching ones like Spritied Away and Howl's Moving Castle. I've never watched an anime with her though
Sep 9, 2016 7:47 AM

Oct 2015
Senpaoi said:
sjo said:

No, I was happily chatting in the MAL-Rewrite channel when I posted that. And I don't have a sister.

You have been watching too many psychological dramas.
Sep 9, 2016 7:47 AM

Feb 2016
CheekyKunt said:
Dylaan_Omer said:

OT: new roommates all had Crunchyroll accounts whereas they didn't look the type one bit

Its not a shitpost if it really happend
Sep 9, 2016 7:50 AM

Jul 2009
Dylaan_Omer said:
CheekyKunt said:

Well crap...condolences then mate
Sep 9, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2016
When I was in high school, I was a pothead and delinquent. Most people would never think that someone like me would come to enjoy anime.

One of my teacher that i really liked recommended me anime, since I enjoyed studio Ghibili films so much.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Sep 9, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
sjo said:
Senpaoi said:

You have been watching too many psychological dramas.

I wish they addressed it, but I've never seen cold reading in anime.
Sep 9, 2016 9:26 AM

Feb 2016
CheekyKunt said:
Dylaan_Omer said:

Well crap...condolences then mate

Condolences for what? I am 15 now this is 7 years ago
Sep 9, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2015
bitch pls I let my mom watch 1 ep of death note she said ''more'' and she ended up watching 27 episodes in 1 day. (I didn't let her watch the near arc it's better that way)
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Sep 9, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2015
The person at my school who said anime was shit for years on end recently started. He now loves anime. The ones who hate it end up liking it the most in many cases
Sep 9, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2016
ModeratelyHuman said:
Had an ex call me weeb trash then watch fucking Monster Musume some months into our relationship. How fucking dare that bitch.
Don't be brave now. You should have told her that at the time when she called you that.
Sep 9, 2016 10:50 AM

Aug 2016
Honestly, I had almost the same sort of experience with my mom recently but it was with Sweetness & Lightning.

I was literally just watching the first ep when I got home from work and barely noticed my mom when she came to talk to me. For 20 some odd minutes she forgot what she wanted to say and ended up just watching the show with me. Now, she just comes around every monday after I get home from work to watch it with me, lol.
Sep 9, 2016 11:02 AM
Feb 2014
I'd be the unexpected person in light of all the autistic obese neckbeards that populate a good 75% of the Western anime community who have way too much time on their hands to care about taste.

Closeted fan for a reason!
Sep 10, 2016 8:06 AM

Dec 2012
Yep. Got my cousin into anime
I had a really gorgeous friend and was really shocked that she likes anime
I thought girls who likes to care for their outside appearance didn't watch stuff like this? Similar to a gay friend.. said he liked one punch man.

Back in high school, I was really active in fb so i posted losts of anime shit
then when a weeb presented in front, our class president shouted at me
saying she likes chibi and stuff. I was laughing.

© 花巻 花郎 @ pixiv.net
Sep 10, 2016 8:48 AM

Apr 2016
Hitler would be. He is especially a fan of moe.
https://ifunny.co/fun/uZkJOuBk2
Sep 10, 2016 4:11 PM
Jun 2016
I got my 11-year-old cousin into anime? He told me he thinks it's cool lmao. I don't know, but we've watched Noragami, Assassination Classroom, etc.
Sep 11, 2016 7:41 AM
Sep 2015
My Mom has watched Attack on Titan and she suddenly loved it. She said that it's better than Naruto.
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Sep 11, 2016 7:49 AM
Sep 2015
Dylaan_Omer said:

LOL. High Quality Post. Seriously, what happened with your dad??
Still waiting for Half-Life 3...
Sep 11, 2016 8:09 AM

Jul 2013
I once rewatched Girls und Panzer on TV and at the start of episode 1, my father kept on complaining and asking questions.

"Why are the tanks so colorful?"
"Why are highschool girls piloting the tank?"
"How can highschool girls lift tank bullets so effortlessly?"

I didn't proceed to episode 2 after that because explaining the series exhausted me. But he was pretty much glued to the screen the whole episode and said he found it a fun show.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Interest and hobbies change with time

nishant0 - 9 hours ago

28 by MasterTasuke »»
10 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

41 by Ende_uraa »»
11 minutes ago

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 11 hours ago

44 by _FRB_ »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 8 hours ago

19 by MasterTasuke »»
21 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre.

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

46 by LostSpectre »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.