Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2016 9:08 PM
Sep 2016
Something along the lines of Harmony, Psycho Pass & Ergo Proxy ( I specifically am looking for something closest to these three)
I really like anime that plays with the anonymous character idea, such as in Death note, Code Geass & Harmony.
I also really like a strong female leading character, even one thats a little off or cutesy like in Deadman Wonderland, Mirai Nikki or Ergo Proxy.
The destruction of whats initially perceived as a utopian society is an idea I admire in alot of anime also.
Im open to any suggestions though no matter how loosely connected...

Sep 8, 2016 9:22 PM
Sep 2016
I guess I should finish updating my anime list...
Ive seen Ghost in the Shell
Serial Experiments Lain
Shion no Ou
Death Parade
Witch Hunter Robin

I really liked Serial Experiments Lain & Ghost int the Shell though
Sep 8, 2016 9:24 PM
Sep 2016
Oh & I feel it bears mentioning that Im not too keen on anime that includes alot of use of magic... or vampires. The vampire thing doesnt usually do it for me, with few exceptions
Sep 9, 2016 3:16 AM

Feb 2013
+1 shinsekai yori (mcs are childs at the beginning but at the last part adults.. it shows much about the sociaty in this anime) (its an dystopian utopian anime)
amv

fate zero (should fit as well. it is very action like, but the characters have different wishes so it is more the clash of ideology then between bad and evil... for example 1 of the characters with 1 screen time has the personality that he wishes for world peace with the grail, but he do not mind to kill 2 people if he saves 5 with it... so the means that he wants to wish for world peace justifies everything he does) most mature action anime I know. has magic
opening 1

kaiji (ungerground gambling anime. how the desperate try to save themselves from their debts how far it sometimes goes, games where they can die and the rich look for entertainment for example)
opening

madoka (not polotical though. It is a destruction of magical girl genre and gets darker and darker... It is a really unique waching experience... has magic though)
1 of its openings

maybe casshern sins (never finished it but is an utopian dystopian anime)
opening
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 9, 2016 3:23 AM

Dec 2015
Monster
Death Parade
Hellsing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2016 6:52 AM

May 2012
Hyouge Mono for the politics
NHK ni Youkoso! for the psychology

There's always some politics in stories by Nakashima Kazuki like Kill la Kill (opens with a disquisition on Naziism and an Orwellian speech by the principal antagonist) and Oh! Edo Rocket (portrays artistic and political repression during the 19th century Tenpou Reforms). Both shows are over-the-top and sometimes silly, but underneath you can see Nakashima's mind at work.

The Legend of Koizumi might be seen as political, but really it's just a comic fantasy. After today's announcement of yet another DPRK nuclear test, Japan might need the former PM more than ever.
Sep 9, 2016 9:13 AM

Jun 2016
Shinsekai Yori for sure. Its amazing, and will keep you hooked the whole way through. Each episode feels like its only 5 min long its so good
Sep 9, 2016 12:16 PM
Feb 2016
TheDersEffect19 said:
Shinsekai Yori for sure. Its amazing, and will keep you hooked the whole way through. Each episode feels like its only 5 min long its so good

Really? Shinsekai Yori is definetely a good anime, but the pacing is way off... The complete work is definetely good, but the slow build-up was extreme and it ended as a real hard anime to pull through (IMHO)
Sep 9, 2016 12:23 PM

Feb 2013
tarrasq said:
TheDersEffect19 said:

Really? Shinsekai Yori is definetely a good anime, but the pacing is way off... The complete work is definetely good, but the slow build-up was extreme and it ended as a real hard anime to pull through (IMHO)

and here are many different opinions. What does it give you to start a discussion about it now? Nothing so just rec things you want to rec and if you want to talk about how you disliked the pacing of ssy do it in the ssy forum

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Sep 9, 2016 12:36 PM

Aug 2015
Jin Rou, The Wolf Brigade for sure.
Sep 9, 2016 5:31 PM

Jun 2016
Smooki said:
tarrasq said:

and here are many different opinions. What does it give you to start a discussion about it now? Nothing so just rec things you want to rec and if you want to talk about how you disliked the pacing of ssy do it in the ssy forum

^^^ this guy gets it.
Sep 9, 2016 5:32 PM
Feb 2016
Smooki said:
tarrasq said:

That's true, sorry! I just felt like warning OP that SSY may be a little dull...

Well, enough of my opinions about SSY, I guess I'd recommend some that have already been recommended:

Kill La Kill: it's really good, as mentioned above it's all about using power to control society (It has a lot of fanservice though, some say it's actually made in a way to criticize fanservice)

Death Parade: It's about final judgment, what decides those to be rewarded after death and those to be punished?

Btooom!: The survival game scene is one that I find very rich, you can explore raw human nature, the human psychology in extreme situations.

Tokyo Ghoul (I actually didn't see the anime, but I think it must be faithful to the manga): again exploring the human nature when facing a dangerous predator, but there's also a seach for coexistence
Sep 10, 2016 1:31 AM

Feb 2013
tarrasq said:

Tokyo Ghoul (I actually didn't see the anime, but I think it must be faithful to the manga): again exploring the human nature when facing a dangerous predator, but there's also a seach for coexistence

:)
Beside I could easily write some critics about your recs too ^^ :P
You shouldnt rec something you didnt watch xD tokyo ghoul anime is not really faithful to its manga

Sep 10, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2016
Gankutsuou and Haibane Renmei are good choices in the mystery genre.
Sep 10, 2016 8:01 AM
Jun 2016
Monster
Death Parade
Zankyou no Terror
Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Heyyy

Sep 10, 2016 12:42 PM
Feb 2016
Smooki said:
tarrasq said:

:)
Beside I could easily write some critics about your recs too ^^ :P
You shouldnt rec something you didnt watch xD tokyo ghoul anime is not really faithful to its manga

You're right, I'm not used to it, Smooki! Sorry, OP, I may have given some spoilers as well, if you ever feel like reading the manga, you won't regret it!

Recommending Zetsuen no Tempest as well: the plot is good enough, but the real charm of the anime is it's connection to Shakespeare
Sep 12, 2016 7:31 AM

Jun 2016
SSY is not dull or slow in the slightest. Dont listen to these fools. Compelling all the way through.
Sep 12, 2016 5:38 PM
Aug 2016
-Texhnolyze-

I think it's made by the guys who made Serial Experiments Lain and Ergo Proxy. Texhnolyze is by far the darkest and slowest of the 3.

Sep 12, 2016 9:49 PM

Dec 2015
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Aku no Hana

No.6

Boku dake ga Inai Machi

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica

Zankyou no Terror
Sep 12, 2016 9:57 PM

Sep 2016
Texhnolyze
Aoi Bungaku Series

Maybe: Boku dake ga Inai Machi

More topics from this board

» Help finding a Manga

mikemike25251 - 1 hour ago

0 by mikemike25251 »»
1 hour ago

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

12 by boguda »»
5 hours ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
5 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

10 by boguda »»
5 hours ago

» if anyone is into some messed up manhwas read I Tamed My Ex-Husband's Mad Dog

Rijouku - Apr 1

2 by Rijouku »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.