Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 8, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
Korean authors seem to be obsessed with NTR and rape in their stories, it seems like anything I read from that country with a mature/adult tag contains at least one rape or NTR scene every few chapters. It shows up in stories where it doesn't even make sense to happen, it's like they can't think of any other tragic or dramatic event to advance their plot or develop their characters. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Is no heroine safe from being raped or hero from being NTR'd?
FreshPrinceofMALSep 8, 2016 1:25 PM
Sep 8, 2016 11:35 AM
Dec 2010
While occasionally browsing exhentai I did notice the arrival of quite a number of manga from them and indeed it seems that most of them do have either the cheating or NTR tag.
Even though the NTR/cheating is my favorite genre in hentai, I never really bothered reading them due to the presentation of the story and art not being to my liking, so I don't know if they focus a lot on plot or no, but maybe they feel like they need there to be an event like that for some shitty drama/plot.

And yes, no heroine is safe from being raped or NTR'd.
Sep 8, 2016 11:37 AM

Jun 2013
orgY said:
While occasionally browsing exhentai I did notice the arrival of quite a number of manga from them and indeed it seems that most of them do have either the cheating or NTR tag.
Even though the NTR/cheating is my favorite genre in hentai, I never really bothered reading them due to the presentation of the story and art not being to my liking, so I don't know if they focus a lot on plot or no, but maybe they feel like they need there to be an event like that for some shitty drama/plot.

And yes, no heroine is safe from being raped or NTR'd.

I'm not talking about hentai though, it's in regularly published webtoons and manwhas as well.
Sep 8, 2016 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
Am I the only one who has noticed this? Is no heroine safe from being raped or hero from being NTR'd?

In the few manwha that I read, only one features a scene where one of the female MCs was to the point of being raped.
Though, I don't remember well the content of the manwha that I read because they weren't very interesting for most of them.

But I remember how violent most of them are, notably in genres where violence is usually absent or very rare (like romance).

So, an high ratio of rape in manwha wouldn't really surprise me.
Sep 8, 2016 1:26 PM

Jun 2013
lady_freyja said:
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
Am I the only one who has noticed this? Is no heroine safe from being raped or hero from being NTR'd?

In the few manwha that I read, only one features a scene where one of the female MCs was to the point of being raped.
Though, I don't remember well the content of the manwha that I read because they weren't very interesting for most of them.

But I remember how violent most of them are, notably in genres where violence is usually absent or very rare (like romance).

So, an high ratio of rape in manwha wouldn't really surprise me.

It's an extremely over-used plot device for webtoons and manwha.
Sep 12, 2016 7:35 PM
Nov 2015
Skill of Lure doesn't have it.
Can't see Can't hear But love doesn't seem to have them either.
But yeah I noticed this trope seems to be present a lot in other manhua's.
Sep 19, 2016 7:52 PM
Jun 2016
Quesetion- do these plot lines stop you from reading on? Even if like the art is really good? Or the moment you seen too many times of these NTRs and rape scenes, you drop the series?
Sep 24, 2016 12:52 PM

Feb 2015
yeah i have noticed that with some of the webtoon i'm reading. but unlike manga it's actually not viewed in some kind of sexy way.
Jun 10, 2019 3:33 PM
Jun 2017
Pretty much all manhwas have it at some point. It really pisses me off when I read like 50 chapters of some seemingly straightforward romance story and then find out there's NTR. I guess Koreans really just love NTR plot. Even in the some of the best ones, there's always some kind of NTR to ruin it for me that they choose to reveal later on. It really sucks that the artists don't put their talent to use for something better, but I guess the NTR niche is what really rakes in cash for them, so they won't change their ways.
Jun 10, 2019 10:39 PM

Aug 2016
I've just grown to like NTR over the years. It's interesting to me to see all the different angles and ideas they use to get the concept off.

Mixed bag. Most of the webtoons I've read don't have it.

Rape though is pretty common. Not the brutal hold you down while you cry, but the mind control force or the unsure turned into liking it deal. I guess the vanilla ones don't really sell.
Jun 10, 2019 11:31 PM

Apr 2013
NTR and rape are the perfect sign of poor writing and uncreativity but it's probably the only thing they can find to spice things up and give a new turn to their story.
Jun 22, 2019 1:05 PM

Jan 2018
Korean sex related webtoons are all kinda same. Read rhem for sex not stories.
Jun 22, 2019 6:01 PM

Jul 2017
i don't find them convincing as a way to sharpen the realism of the story and most of them are overdone and it's off color
May 23, 2021 8:53 PM

Nov 2016
FreshPrinceofMAL said:
Korean authors seem to be obsessed with NTR and rape in their stories, it seems like anything I read from that country with a mature/adult tag contains at least one rape or NTR scene every few chapters. It shows up in stories where it doesn't even make sense to happen, it's like they can't think of any other tragic or dramatic event to advance their plot or develop their characters. Am I the only one who has noticed this? Is no heroine safe from being raped or hero from being NTR'd?
considering many korean people literally places spy cam on women in public places I wouldn't be too surprised seeing them draw so much rape and NTR crap. Also I guess writing these kinda of shiz are just easier to catch attention with minimum effort
May 29, 2021 6:53 PM

Feb 2021
The story telling in most manwha I've read is absolutely abysmal. I used to think that web comics would be the future of the medium (I still do, sort of). But when I read an utter trash webtoon (which usually includes the issues mentioned in the many above comments), I completely rethink the future possibilities of non-distributed media.

It's clear that some of these artists aren't published because they're trash.
"I eat beans" - Oda

May 29, 2021 7:47 PM

Jun 2012
Not really that surprising considering that most of the adult videos movie film I've seen made from Korea had the same NTR theme every so often. My guess is that these author takes inspiration out of those AV.
May 29, 2021 8:20 PM

Sep 2015
Yh, happens too often with them, it's annoying.
May 30, 2021 2:56 AM

Jul 2009
What is NTR ?

I'm about to start my first Manhwa, i got the first volume of Solo Leveling. Is there rape in it ?

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1054 by Francis_0 »»
9 hours ago

» 8 Manga to Get to Know You

spaceslut - Mar 12, 2023

37 by PlasticRobot »»
Yesterday, 3:47 PM

» Do you guys read manga online or physically? ( 1 2 )

LemonXChio - Oct 27, 2023

66 by Oofmastre9000 »»
Yesterday, 1:50 PM

» Have an amazing art in manga but not in anime

kirA_-_ - Apr 15

8 by YeeYeeAss »»
Yesterday, 1:33 PM

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

376 by HapHazrD »»
Yesterday, 4:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.