Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Magi Chapter 319 Discussion

Sep 6, 2016 1:48 PM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh my, I have a bad feeling about Sinbad now with him and his world peace ideals. Plus, Arba has just appeared to him?

Also feels like Sinbad may have more or less a God complex.

Sep 11, 2016 4:25 AM

As soon he convinced himself that he was the god's chosen one that he viewed everyone else as wrong.

Seeing Arba guess he's gonna do something stupid.

Sep 11, 2016 7:54 AM

Sinbad is as good as dead which makes me quite sad bc he's my favorite character, even with his twisted views of peace. I just hope he goes with some kind of redemption since he's not a bad person... he's just a bit misguided ^^;;

Wonder if Judar is going to be involved in all this? Can't imagine what other way to reach the sacred palace they could pull out.

(yay my first forum post is for magi o/ )

I also thought of a theory (that's probably just wishful thinking for sinbad) but it was a bit weird to see that he couldn't see the flow of destiny anymore? When that was something he was literally born with and that he used when he was just a few hours of age.

Maske me think if what Sinbad has been seeing, what he has been aiming for is all a fabrication. Reading SNB shows that he wants something different, wants everyone to be in equal terms (something his older-self said not long ago, like the idiot that wanted to save everyone).

Sinbad relied a lot on his ability and that thought that has been reinforced that he is 'special' and that 'only he can do this'. So, when he half-falls he comes in contact with David, at that point it seems like his goals changed completely, right? Makes me think that, maybe, David implanted a 'destiny' in Sinbad's head, one that would make his utopia a real thing, one that he would follow blindly because he trust his ability more than anything else and that would put him right in the place David wants him to, where we are right now.

David has lent him knowledge to reach this point, seems like has reinforced the thought of 'Only I can do this, no one else could bear it, I am the special one' feeding more and more in his arrogance and, if David could foresee another singularity, who says all this isn't part of the destiny he saw, that the chain hasn't broken yet?

This is probably just something I came up with just to save a bit of Sinbad's soul but it does seem strange that, as soon as David "left", that he couldn't see that destiny anymore...
Modified by Temika, Sep 11, 2016 8:42 AM

Sep 11, 2016 10:36 AM

Sinbad done lost his damn mind.

He started seeing lolis in the middle of the night and shit.

Sep 11, 2016 1:54 PM
Maki's arms

Ramkec said:

LoL, I cannot stop laughing after reading your post. So true,
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 11, 2016 7:35 PM

Sinbad is such a compelling character. Can't believe I used to dislike him when I first watched Magi and then SNB. I thought he was too perfect. Now seeing all his flaws makes me like him even more. I just hope he gets saved. He really isn't a bad person :/ As someone said above, he's misguided. And he himself struggles to understand what he is. What does being a singularity mean. With him being all confused and shit, Arba and David will sure take advantage of this and sway him to the wrong direction.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 12, 2016 5:45 AM

Interesting how much Magi is exploring the theme of existence. At the beginning we had Aladdin trying to figure out what he is (I like this part a lot, it reminded me of The Little Prince a lot), just like Sinbad right now. But I guess that the moment he understands that, he is going to become much stronger and all, like Aladdin did in the past when he found out what a magi is.
Noir… It is the name of an ancient fate. Two sisters who watch anime. The peace of the newly born, their black hands protect.

Sep 13, 2016 4:57 AM

that Arba still alive , Aladdin should have just killed her.

Ramkec said:

lol nice post .

Sep 17, 2016 4:53 AM
Ramkec said:

Not just loli's, evil flying loli milfs!

awesome chapter though, sinbad is the best character in magi IMO. so complex.

Sep 27, 2016 1:51 AM

Sinbad's fate was sealed as soon as he made his true ideals come to fruition.

Sep 21, 2018 10:13 PM