Sep 5, 2016 4:22 PM

Aug 2013
. No lolis
. No unnecessary sexual fanservice
. Prohibition era setting
. No supernatural stuff thrown in like in Baccano
. No annoying characters like the couple in Baccano
. Revenge story
. No cringe worthy comedy to disrupt the tone of the setting.

Pinch me I must be dreaming. It seems anime finally has an answer to Godfather and Goodfellas.
Sep 6, 2016 12:45 PM

May 2016
Yeah, it really is. Unfortunately most people are into the stuff you mentioned above and find shows like these boring. In my opinion the show is amazing, the main character is so cool and badass and it just keeps getting better and better.
Sep 6, 2016 12:52 PM

Jan 2015
91 Days is good, but I think Baccano is definitely better.
Sep 6, 2016 3:35 PM

May 2015
@Alne is right. Being different doesn't make you better. 91 Days is nothing special. Godfather wasn't even that good, though it was better.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
Sep 6, 2016 4:07 PM

Sep 2014
This show is pure bliss. It gets everything right in my opinion. Sure, it might not be overly dramatic, like you guys would want it to be, but keeps the flow of events natural. Baccano sure was a great anime, but I do prefer 91 Days since it has no unecessary stuff like alchemy etc. I just hope it stays this way until the end.
Sep 6, 2016 5:32 PM

Aug 2013
@Alne It's both different and good. Joker Game was episodic with a different spy each episode and a different mission each episode while 91 days follows one mc and is continuous. Completely different execution there plus the settings are different with Joker Game taking place in the 30's right before the beginning of WW2 and has episodes in Japan, China, Germany while 91 days takes place in 1920's prohibition era America. Don't see how it's missing it's mark on dramatic themes, elaborate on that.

RainyRai said:
Godfather wasn't even that good
Sep 12, 2016 2:42 AM

Sep 2015
I have loved it although I can see why this type of anime doesn't appeal to everyone. It's definitely a niche series.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 29, 2016 5:38 AM

Jul 2015
I need more this type of anime!! Each season there comes only what 1-2 dark themed shows. MORE PLEASE!!!!
Sep 29, 2016 5:40 AM
Oct 1, 2016 6:08 AM

Sep 2013
This show was great.
Oct 1, 2016 6:11 AM

Nov 2012
baccano was much better than this series
Oct 1, 2016 9:40 AM

Apr 2009
Can't really compare Baccano to 91 Days. Baccano relies on supernatural stuff to heavily, and characters are still anime-ish, while 91 Days is 100% realistic with great realistic characters and their expressions. except for Fango
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 1, 2016 9:44 AM

Apr 2009
Alne said:
lol, just because an anime doesn't feature a plethora of things that make anime bad instantly means it's good. the logic of some people these days is astonishing.

i think you're mistaking the word "good" for the word "different." joker game had VERY similar execution to 91 days and was exactly as OP described 91 days, but it sucked. why? because it wasted all potential it had to be good by constantly missing the mark on its own dramatic themes. 91 days has done the exact same thing. it's by no means bad (i'd even call it good) but the writing is so lackluster for what it's trying to be, and could be much, MUCH better if it tried to be something with more depth. it's a series that settles for mediocrity, only being better than your truly average show because of the fact that it doesn't include any of the things OP stated.

Joker Game is based on a book which is written exactly the way the anime was organized. I don't think it sucked but probably only because I read the source material, and things left unsaid in the anime were written in the books, so in my opinion Joker Game was awesome as well.

Either way, Joker Game books are pretty popular themselves in Japan, and anime is merely a stimulus for other people to start reading it, and I can tell ya as someone who lives in Japan that the books were flying off the shelves like oof. Same goes for the intense cometition on the Yahoo Actions to buy the lottery ticket for the event should I mention the prices
Sig Removed. Hosting site unavailable and giving fall virus readings
Oct 2, 2016 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
DrGeroCreation said:

Beware. They know how to hold a grudge. They will hunt you down and make you say 'Uncle' for this slight.

Anyway, agree with your general sentiment. Anime needs more mature shows like this.
Jan 13, 2017 11:33 AM

Sep 2013
Baccano, in my opinon, is not as good as people make it out to be. Apart from its technical qualities (animation, VAs, sound etc.), the show doesn't have much. There is nothing deeper or really interesting about the characters, they are too caricatural. The "plot", on the other hand, is so simple you could even say it's dumb. Telling the story as it was a puzzle can only do so much; especially after you see that when the puzzle is completed, it was no big deal. Think of Baccano's story in a linear way. It just makes the show really not that interesting. And the end was also unfulfilling. The show doesn't come even close to 91 Days, which is also simple (but by no means dumb), but at least interesting and thrilling to watch. And with a cool ending.
Jan 13, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
DrGeroCreation said:
. No lolis
. Revenge story

Pinch me I must be dreaming. It seems anime finally has an answer to Godfather and Goodfellas.

Whoa, what's with the grudge on Baccano?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2017 11:01 PM

Jul 2012
Imo, Baccano is better than 91 Days for the following:
- A lot of cool and likeable characters
- The humor is quite good
- The situation and settings are cool
- Creates stories for multiple characters and their background
- Entertaining and Fun to watch
- Interesting plot device of immortality and urban legends (rail tracer especially)

Although 91 Days exceeds Baccano in terms of:
- Character development
- Story
- More realistic
- Wit
- Thrilling
- Feels more like a gangster flick than any other anime that I have seen
- Tone and Theme
- One of the better anime Revenge flicks
- Much better ending

As a gangster anime, 91 Days is very much superior but entertaining wise, I'd give it to Baccano! because its much more fun to watch and its cool to see how the multiple plots ended up being connected due to Miria and Isaac.
Jan 17, 2017 11:25 PM

Mar 2009
Well Baccano does look very childish compared to 91 Days, that is true.
For that reason I do prefer 91 Days too but Baccano is not at all bad either.
I just wish there were more anime like 91 Days.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jan 18, 2017 2:26 AM

Sep 2013
Baccano is not bad, but it's not that godly like people make it out to be. I also don't think there is any grudge, it's just hard not to compare both shows since they are the best "gangster" anime in the recent years. Anyway, they are different, especially considering Baccano's comedy side, like it was pointed out. I think I sounded worst than I wanted above :P

I just wish 91 Days would get more attention like Baccano or at least like other more serious anime so they could make a remastered edition or whatever with stable/improved animation :(
Jan 18, 2017 2:37 AM

May 2010
I love both Baccano and 91 Days. I dont see why the two is being compared here... because both are about gangster?
I hate Godfather movies, though.
Jan 26, 2017 1:49 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah no romance interfered the story's direction as well.
Didnt knew before that anime can get very interesting without female character or romance as well.

Baccano (anime) is not bad at all also! The flashback system in anime represent very uniquely that overally make us satisfy.However the slow start has a problem.

Also, those who likes CG, will likely to love 91 days very much to the end.
removed-userJan 26, 2017 1:53 PM
Jan 27, 2017 10:57 AM

Apr 2015
Godfather was soooo good that it's makes this anime look very boring and shallow (still like the series). I wish I had watched Godfather after watching this show.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 3:59 AM

Jan 2017
DrGeroCreation said:
. No lolis
. Revenge story

episode 4 has some unnecessary comedy.
Contemporary0091Dec 7, 2017 2:14 AM
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Dec 5, 2017 4:54 AM

Jan 2017
it's good but it could have been sooo much better imo. anyway we need more serious mafia shows like this one.
Jun 13, 2020 2:08 AM

Aug 2018
i mean no lolis is a bad thing, but yeah its a basically perfect anime yes

Dec 2, 2021 8:43 PM
Dec 2017
its by far one of the best animes ever to be made.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

213 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 11, 12:53 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.