Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 4, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2015
Well now I'm depressed. This is probably the first time Re:Zero made me tear up.
Sep 4, 2016 11:54 AM

Oct 2013
I just can't take these cliffhangers anymore. I really should just wait 2 weeks and watch the episodes back to back but NO i just have to watch it as soon as it drops lmfao. I have a feeling either he won't die OR they'll restart him from a save point again and he'll fight smarter. Either way I'm wondering if they will end this season off on a cliff hanger.

I really am starting to like Julius. I'll be kind of disappointed if all that relationship building goes to waste. Lowkey I wish Rem was also fighting rn, I like that she loves Subaru but it's kind of sad if that will become her major role. I'd like to see her do a little more right now and become something else instead of Emilia's love rival lol.

On to the next ep, i guess : (. Re:Petit isn't going to fix how I feel right now lmfao
I couldn't think of anything cool to put here.
Sep 4, 2016 11:55 AM
Aug 2015
Glad to see emilia using her abilities but wait wtf with the ending --
2 episode left.. Gonna miss it :''
Sep 4, 2016 11:55 AM

Jul 2008
TeamDalaiLana said:
Kirigaro92 said:
I don't think the restart point will be the same, prolly somewhere after they defeated the white whale.
I looked for the LN and it's at volume 8, with volume 9 coming this month...What are they gonna do with the next 2 eps?
the author is working with the studio unlike other adaptations.

Not to mention there is the Web Novel. There's not much to be worried about.
Sep 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2008
Confucius said:
DEVlL said:
That ending was fukin depressing i'm crying
Who is the guy in your avatar? Looks really famiiar.

https://myanimelist.net/character/86225/Tsumugu_Kihara

So what was said about the Gospel in last weeks episode is true?
If it is hopefully Subaru will realize and destroy it ASAP. (and wtf one has to be scared of books xD)
Sep 4, 2016 11:57 AM

Jul 2010
Everyone's favorite waifu and her pet makes their appearance atlast, fabulously. She didn't even notice Subaru? Things seem bad for my favorite ship.

Felis crying and what he did to Subaru was vague. Can someone explain?

I bet the gospel thing caused it. If so, why the fuck don't you destroy it, you idiot Subaru.
Sep 4, 2016 11:58 AM

Apr 2014
the ep was amazing but god damn that ending though i had a feeling something like that would happen cause things seems to never end on a good note until a good amount of suffering and restarting happens

seriously hate that witch group

but anyway i really cant wait for next ep to see just how he's gonna prevent this from happening and make things right
"one step at a time"
Sep 4, 2016 12:00 PM
Jun 2014
Nayrael said:
TeamDalaiLana said:
the author is working with the studio unlike other adaptations.

What's the difference between the LN and the WN, besides the obvious one (format)? It follows the same route?
Sep 4, 2016 12:00 PM

Dec 2014
No no nono nonon...

Goddammit just as he was really getting along with Julius this shit happens. Gah.

5/5
I need sleep.
Sep 4, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode as usual. Hopefully the final two aren't rushed
Sep 4, 2016 12:01 PM
Apr 2016
Rehls said:
Fappa said: Just to clarify. At the end Felix didn't cry because of Subaru but because of something that happened in the first volume of the Ex Novel "the dream of the lion". Tappei himself stated this on twitter.

I see... Can you please explain what happened in "the dream of the lion"?
Sep 4, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
When I think "Oh yes, Re:Zero will be end in 3 eps. Everything gonna be daijobu" and then the last 3 mins of eps 23 come

Oh man the despair when you have finished your mission but someone messed it up. Elegy for Subaru now.
Sep 4, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2008
Kirigaro92 said:
Nayrael said:

What's the difference between the LN and the WN, besides the obvious one (format)? It follows the same route?

This is one of those events where a random person wrote a Web Novel, a publisher noticed it and offered the author to write the Light Novels of that series.

So yeah, it follows the same route and all, though the author can make some changes.
Sep 4, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode, especially the second half.

Betelgeuse best character but fuck him for that ending.

I doubt he'll revive at the appa place because that would be... suffering.

5/5
Sep 4, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, it's only a misunderstanding with Ram, but, did Subaru really sent her a blank letter? I don't quite remember.
And the ending of this episode... just what the bloody hell!? He's going to die again!? How they will wrap it up in two episode!? just how!? And where is his revival point now!? Please don't before the whale hunt, before the witch cult hunt is okay for me, but, really? two episode remaining? Well, let's just wait for another week, and find all of those answer.

OOOOH MY BRAIN TREMBLES!!!
Sep 4, 2016 12:06 PM
Jun 2014
Nayrael said:
Kirigaro92 said:

This is one of those events where a random person wrote a Web Novel, a publisher noticed it and offered the author to write the Light Novels of that series.

So yeah, it follows the same route and all, though the author can make some changes.

Thanks, same as SAO then
Sep 4, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2012
I can't imagine if he will comeback on the same checkpoint where he still with rem at the town.
Sep 4, 2016 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Oh, and I loved Betelgeuse as Subaru. God damn, that scene was intense.
Sep 4, 2016 12:09 PM

May 2012
Well, that's possibly the only death of Subaru's where I've legitimately felt bad for him himself. Damn, now I have a sinking feeling cause of Ferris and Subaru. Almost teared up a bit

Hope for Subaru's sake that his restart point isn't too far back
OlemSep 4, 2016 12:17 PM

Sep 4, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2013
Now all I'm wondering is when Subaru will 'respawn' back, if he even does it. Also what they're gonna do in the last 2 episodes with the story at this point. damn.
Sep 4, 2016 12:15 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well fuck

That was... uhm... Re:Zero never fucks around does it x.x

May 2016
WHAT THE FUUU, another week of waiting. 5/5 totally didn't expect that to happen.

Where is Subaru going to reset?
What's the cause of this, could it be the black gospel? Plus this was foreshadowed back in episode 18 when Subaru started laughing insanely after being frozen by Puck, noting that the laugh came from himself and saying he is "truly slothful". I thought nothing of it except it was just weird at the time but wow.

Only 2 episodes to close up this season. Considering the number of people saying ep25 will induce salt I can only imagine a cliffhanger as legendary as Code Geass R1. Which will severely piss me off and please me at the same time since S2 will be practically guaranteed if that happens.
┬┴┬┴┤ ͜ʖ ͡°) ├┬┴┬┴ ┬┴┬┴┤ʕ•ᴥ├┬┴┬┴
Aug 2013
I wonder though how betelgeuse can posses subaru when the witches spirit is already in him and wouldnt he get the same knowledge subaru has from possesing him, wich would allow betelgeuse to learn about return by death? Well guess he can talk to the witch cult about his powers, maybe he should join them after all. :D

Anyway lets see where he restarts next, the arc is supposed to end the next 2 episodes so i dont think it will be to far back. It would be awesome if subaru could supress betelgeuse spirit and keep his power, but as we all know thats probably not going to happen.
Sep 4, 2016 12:16 PM

Aug 2012
Ram was colder to Subaru then usual. Last time she was that cold was when the white whale erased Rem.

Subaru got possessed this time. Interesting character development for him this time. Running away from Emilia after he knew something was up and asking Felis and Julius to kill him to accomplish his goal selflessly.

Hope the ending doesn't feel to rushed or easy for Subaru.
Sep 4, 2016 12:17 PM

May 2016
I'm cry this scene :'(
I don't care
Sep 4, 2016 12:19 PM

Sep 2014
Damn did not see that coming o.o
Sep 4, 2016 12:19 PM
Oct 2015
I'm damn sure the least bonfire(check point) is after they defeated the cult, they only have 2 episodes left. That's what happen when you play so much Dark Souls then you die to the first boss again, and turn into a Betelgeuse from losing so much. Comparing this to Dark Souls is really funny, both sux imo.
Sorry for my bad English.
Sep 4, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2012
It seems like the indirect spoiler I previously received from the novel wasn't about this part of the story.

About the episode, overwhelming and twisted, like always with Re:Zero. Here we go, Subaru's reviving again.
Sep 4, 2016 12:21 PM

Sep 2014
Hope he didn't forget to quick save at some point.
Sep 4, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2016
Fantastic episode again!

That ending tho... can't wait for next week!
Kurosaki Ichigo quotes:

Become strong not just for your own sake, but for your friends.

If miracles only happen once, what are they called the second time?

I'm not fighting because I want to win. I'm fighting because I have to win.
Sep 4, 2016 12:22 PM

Apr 2016
My heart broke seeing julius like that :( hope he and subaru get closer in the next arcs
Sep 4, 2016 12:26 PM

Jun 2016

"Thank you for being defeated" - the author, referring to my dreams and expectations.
Sep 4, 2016 12:28 PM

Mar 2014
Oh my, that ending was so hard to watch.

Just when Subaru and Emilia were about to be reunited, damn you Betelgeuse.

What's up with that blank letter though? And if Ram didn't receive Subaru's written letter, why wasn't she asking about Rem?
Sep 4, 2016 12:30 PM

Oct 2014
LauraBirdie said:

What's up with that blank letter though? And if Ram didn't receive Subaru's written letter, why wasn't she asking about Rem?

Just wait till next episode. Thats going to be explained.

Oh boy, is it ever going to be explained.
Sep 4, 2016 12:31 PM

Aug 2013
Betelgeuse...you did pretty well bringing another despair for me....

Subaru...I really don't know what to say....don't give up I guess...and well...Subaru is always with Death....I guess*facepalm*
Sep 4, 2016 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
It was an amazing episode!

That ending, Subaru has to restart again!
Sep 4, 2016 12:33 PM

Nov 2008
I hope he can skip cutscenes this time... Because I'd ragequit if I have to go back to the apple shop and trigger same events all over again...

please he should get the Cut Scene feature

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Sep 4, 2016 12:36 PM

Sep 2015
Very good episode.
Dammit he died again... enough plz.
Sep 4, 2016 12:37 PM
Jun 2016
holy shit that was a big 'ol twist at the end there. wow that was something else
Sep 4, 2016 12:37 PM

Jan 2015
DenjaX said:
I hope he can skip cutscenes this time... Because I'd ragequit if I have to go back to the apple shop and trigger same events all over again...

please he should get the Cut Scene feature

Remember when he died in the arc with Ram and Rem, he didn't return to the apple shop but the current arc :3

I hope he wakes up atleast after the White Whale and the start massacre of the Witch Cult, so he might wake up in a new spot we haven't seen yet :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Sep 4, 2016 12:38 PM
Jun 2016
What just happened?
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Sep 4, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
Poor Subaru he tries so hard and just when he finally is close to Emilia something like this happens, I hope he can return in a safe spot TwT
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Sep 4, 2016 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
Definitely the most emotional episode in this series by far,
I have a bad feeling about when Subaru will return.
A very beautiful episode, just beautiful.
Sep 4, 2016 12:41 PM
May 2013
LauraBirdie said:

Sep 4, 2016 12:43 PM
Apr 2014
omfg... I was so glad they didn't reset in the last three episodes because that would have meant he cannot reset anymore due to the limited episode count. I swear if he goes back to the apple vendor I fucking drop it then and there...

If he is not going back like just a few hours I'm so done with it. Why would you even plan it out like that. That's worse than a cliffhanger.

LauraBirdie said:

I suppose someone tampered it. Either someone from the witches cult (considering there were guys from the witch cult with the merchants) or anyone who wants to remove Emilia from the election process(damaging relationships to people who support her etc)
Sep 4, 2016 12:48 PM

May 2015
Well, shit. I hope next checkpoint is after white whale fight.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 4, 2016 12:49 PM

Jun 2013
Holy Hell that was amazing, definitely the best episode since 18! Im not ashamed i teared up at the end!
After all Subaru has gone through, its still not enough :/
Sep 4, 2016 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
Have we seen any confirmation of a season 2 yet?

Not all anime have happy endings, but you should always be left with something meaningful after you watch one...
Sep 4, 2016 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
I like this episode.I hope Subaru stays possessed all the time.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 4, 2016 1:03 PM

Mar 2008
Who wrote that letter(Rem?)? And why Ram didn't mentioned her sister? I have a bad feeling about this...
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Today

29 by Shoujoaddict »»
29 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.