Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 4, 2016 4:05 PM

Dec 2012
Kakeru has got great & awesome friends. Reminding him that he is not alone & they will be there for him.
Azu & Hagita are so freaking hilarious together. Cannot get enough of those two.

Wonderful relay race. Loved this part in the manga & loved it just as much in this episode.
Congrats Kakeru & the Red Team.
Nice to know that they don't always have to listen to the letters.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 4, 2016 5:26 PM

Sep 2013
Very nice episode. I thought the animation improved greatly and the scene carrying the big padded mattress thing had some good symbolism. I'm glad they won the race. Maybe things will turn out ok for Kakeru! I still feel bad for Suwa though!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 4, 2016 5:40 PM

Mar 2015
Wtf happened with the animation? But still good to watch.
Sep 4, 2016 5:58 PM
Jul 2016
LaPsychoPatate said:
That face made my day xD

My day too! x)

It's been a while since I read this episode discussion, and I am not crazy, right? Sometims seems that the animation is pretty weak and unfinished, at least from my side view. Someone noticed it too?

I love how Orange can make me feel divided, I'm happy because of Naruse is finally realizing how important he is and that he actually CAN be happy and on the other side I'm sad because Suwa is making the greatest sacrifice, letting go of his love. Buuuut, maybe it's a good thing, he won't be stuck in a future where he is a substitute
Sep 4, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2016
lovely comments as always
Kakeru Kakeru KakeKakeKakeruuuu
hahaha, hagita
I think the movie was more intense with the race, but the feels were still there, except for a couple things that personally trigger me, and, those legs, those legs scared the shit out of me.
I was so confused at that kiss scene hahahaha
Suwa <3

(so unintentionally, his grandma scared him to have fun from telling him his mom is watching, damn it kakeru, good job gang.)

Sep 4, 2016 7:00 PM
Sep 2013
i really like th ep the drawing imporved too much , the kiss scene i didn't get it till now did they really kiss or he smell her hair .. i thought the reward was to give him a kiss not the opposite
Sep 4, 2016 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
Suwa's really an amazing character. No way I'd be able to watch the girl I like be with my best friend. Great show, good episode, minus the pretty sub par animation. Suwa definitely the best charecter
Sep 4, 2016 7:31 PM

Jun 2015
Animation looked better in this episode than the previous two, but it still looked average.
That relay race was intense to watch. I was hoping nothing bad was going to happen. Thankfully nothing did.
I don't know how I feel about that kiss. I was expecting a better one.
Sep 4, 2016 8:03 PM

Apr 2013
That whole message passing thing was pretty cheesy.

Suwa getting done dirty and me not liking Kakeru kind of kills the tender moments for me I guess.
Sep 4, 2016 8:08 PM

Apr 2013
blase7 said:
Is it just me or whenever they pass the baton and send a message,
it's corny that I die laughing.

Nope...definitely not just you.

I cringed more than I laughed, though. I did get a chuckle out of how off the logic behind this race was.

That aside, during Hagita's part I started playing this in my head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVViQ87Lgs
Sep 4, 2016 8:47 PM

May 2016
I don't feel for Kakeru anymore. I'm slightly annoyed now that they are helping him so much.

Help yourself fuck you. The director is not doing a very good job.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Sep 4, 2016 9:20 PM

Jul 2009
The part during the race where everyone was passing on messages had me almost crying. I really really love this show.
Sep 4, 2016 10:33 PM

Aug 2014
SUWA is the ultimate G.O.A.T of 2016. Hat goes off to this dude. Man much respect, do yourself a favor and add him to your favorites right now. We get to see a sad slice of life with some positivity in it thanks to him. #suwasavedus
Sep 4, 2016 11:08 PM

Jun 2013
So everyone knows that Hagita x Azu would be perfect lol. Lol Suwa telling Hagita that he'll give him photos of Azu in action in her cheer leader outfit. Hagita should be like Kakeru, he immediately accepted when Suwa said he'll give photos of Naho.

So it turns out that Hagita is actually useful lol. His future self noticed that Kakeru's ankle was hurt even before the race but didn't say anything then. Hagita mentions this to the rest and they go help out Kakeru and Naho's errand. They get Kakeru to go get his ankle fixed. Hagita is talking way too much in this episode. He usually only says useless stuff but now he's actually making himself quite useful.

Kakeru actually speaks up about what was bothering him which turns out to be that his mother would have been there for him but isn't because she's dead so he believes that it probably isn't right for him to enjoy this event because it was his fault she died in the first place. And of course everyone else tells him that not being happy would only make his mother worry just like his friends are worrying and his mother would rather prefer it if her son were enjoying himself. His grandmother also says that his mother would want him to be happy rather than depressed.

Lol they decide that if Hagita crosses two people he and Azu would date each other. And then they decide on their own that if Kakeru wins he'll kiss Naho. But if he loses Suwa will get the kiss. And Kakeru wins due to the off chance that maybe they weren't joking lol. And that relay race was weird. Why were Azu and Naho together before getting the baton? They were all standing together instead of being in their positions even after the race had started. Weird. What's even more weird is that Hagita actually passed one person and was about to pass another. He was so close to dating Azu. Too bad.

So what Naho got out of this was that the letters give you one way of helping Kakeru. It may not be the only way, but it does work. However, that doesn't mean that they can't take another path for the same outcome. It's just that the one mentioned in the letter is almost certain to work whereas other ways are based only on their current feelings and may take things in the wrong direction if they aren't careful enough. Naho and friends let Kakeru race and they won as opposed to the letters which told them to not let Kakeru race because they lose. It was a successful experiment made so because everyone was in on it. If Naho was alone then it would have ended not so successfully. This was only suspected at first but now it's confirmed that other methods to reach the same outcome do exist and they can work. It would have had a better impact I think if Naho hadn't gone back to the letters before the race. The message they all had for Kakeru was that he shouldn't feel alone and he has friends waiting for him so don't give up on life, or something along those lines.

And what was Kakeru doing with Naho after the race? Did he kiss her on the cheek or did he say something in her ear? It looked like the latter but Naho's reaction and Kakeru saying that he got his reward made it look like he kissed her. Guess we'll never know unless we get someone to tell us or until the blu-rays are out.

The episode had less crappie shots as compared to the visually impaired previous episode, but there still were crappie scenes here, especially that slow-motion scene where Kakeru was running after getting the baton from Naho. It looked less like crap overall which is good, but it still looked pretty bad overall.

Even though the race was weird and the visuals failed during it, the race still had its impact which was good. Better visuals would have reduced the cringing which weakened the impact a bit.
Sep 4, 2016 11:24 PM
Oct 2007
Azusa remains best girl, don't really care what happens with Naho. Hagita and Kakeru are so tsundere. Kind of weird that none of the girls are really that tsundere, but the guys are. This is what really happened in the kiss scene
Sep 5, 2016 12:02 AM
Jul 2016
i was so pumped for the relay scene and became pretty emotional BUTTTT i started laughing at the scene where they showed kakeru speeding up.. the animation is so funny lolol xD
Sep 5, 2016 12:39 AM

Sep 2015
They butchered that kiss scene :.( he didn't even touch her cheek...... WHAT THE HELL.......Anyway Hagita x Azu needs to be a thing. They would be the best couple in the series. I think this was one of the first episodes I didn't tear up. The mom scene towards the end almost got me though.

The skirt scene was on point. SHORT!!!!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 5, 2016 1:55 AM

Jul 2012
The feels the show originally delivered at first feels all gone to me no matter what they may try to present. Episodes may be fine but they're not leaving an impact anymore pretty much.

Besides that, the episode was good but that's just about it.
Sep 5, 2016 2:29 AM

Dec 2015
Boring episode, crap animation, that "kiss" looked like he sniffed her hair. This anime sucks, I can't believe people still want to rate it an 8 after it is clearly lacking in multiple areas. Also one of the background characters looks like she has a birth defect with her forehead stretching to the right and upwards with the eye dragging up too. This is probably the worst animation/art I have seen in any anime. Also, I still can't get past the fact that Naho and Kakeru literally have less chemistry than 2 inanimate objects.

Good parts about the episode: The mattress scene was a great metaphor for the depression. THIS is what they should be focusing on and not this romance plot that "will save Kakeru" because you know, love? Also the derp faces that Naho had were funny.
Sep 5, 2016 3:12 AM
Jun 2016
suzyOcean said:
Definitely a big improvement compared to last week's animation fiasco, but still going downhill quality wise.
The first few episodes were extremely promising and well executed (I rated it 9/10 back then), but now it comes closer to 7/10.

I will still continue watching though, mainly because I'm already emotionally invested in the series.

Could not agree more. Was so close to just dropping this because of the low quality art but I wanna find out what happens!
Sep 5, 2016 3:49 AM
Dec 2015
What kind of kiss was that? Hahahaha
Sep 5, 2016 4:42 AM

Sep 2009
Naho's look about the kiss was priceless!
Sep 5, 2016 5:02 AM
Jun 2016
It's not quite promising episode imo, though it is better than the previous one. Still needs a improvement of the romance ingredients. I think it will be better when Kakeru kiss Naho on her forehead rather on the side of her face (or maybe you would called it on her hair). But obviously we can see a true friendship between all of them in this tenth episode.
Sep 5, 2016 5:14 AM

Jul 2015
I thought the episode was super cute and I'm glad Kakeru talked about things. The animation was a little hard to look at sometimes but I think it was made up for by the emotion of the episode what with the relay.
Sep 5, 2016 5:15 AM

Aug 2016
TeamDalaiLana said:
I don't feel for Kakeru anymore. I'm slightly annoyed now that they are helping him so much.

Help yourself fuck you. The director is not doing a very good job.

yep exactly how i feel
Sep 5, 2016 5:27 AM

Feb 2014
First things first, the animation stills looks iffy here and there, but compared to last week's mess, it looks good.

The rest of the episode was nice though. The group was able to convince Kakeru to get his leg treated and thankfully, it held out during the relay. Hagita's section was amusing to watch, as we see him go from slowcoach to sports car through grit and determination. =)

In the end, the group won the race, and Kakeru got to kiss Naho on the cheek, which looked rather awkward to be honest.

3 episodes left now. Hopefully the animation budget goes back to what it was before...
Sep 5, 2016 5:31 AM

Oct 2015
Oh my
I wonder if this series will make me mourn every week or before the end of the season will leave my tear ducts in peace.
Excellent chapter with everything that happened. Very emotional and sincere. And I think that what he says is true Suwa, parents always want to see us happy and we should not feel guilty to smile.
"If a load is heavy, we are to help lift" That will be my phrase of the week.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Sep 5, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2016
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
They butchered that kiss scene :.( he didn't even touch her cheek...... WHAT THE HELL.......Anyway Hagita x Azu needs to be a thing. They would be the best couple in the series. I think this was one of the first episodes I didn't tear up. The mom scene towards the end almost got me though.

The skirt scene was on point. SHORT!!!!!
why are you so sensitive? It seems like you cry in every romance/drama anime that you watch:(
Sep 5, 2016 6:50 AM

Oct 2015
with every episode I start feeling more and more bad for Suwa though...
Sep 5, 2016 7:02 AM
Aug 2015
Naho is sooo slooow, and I'm not talking about her running. Unless she's alarmed it takes her like 6 seconds to react to things, her communication skills are terrible and she literally needs other people to tell her what is going on and what she should be doing. Suwa is carrying this for everyone.

Plot twist: Kakeru wrote the letters. [Not a spoiler, just a funny speculation]
Sep 5, 2016 7:09 AM

Oct 2008
I thought Kakeru tried to hug her.... he did not look anywhere remotely close to kissing her cheek.

A rather happy episode; things look brighter for now, but I'm pretty sure something bad is coming up. Always the calm before the storm.
Sep 5, 2016 7:19 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Yeah sure ... ''kiss'' ... yeah ...
It's better than last episode but the anime has been pretty disappointing for a couple of episodes now. :/
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Sep 5, 2016 8:09 AM

Feb 2016
Oh hey the budget's back. Oh wait, it's not.
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Sep 5, 2016 8:50 AM

Jan 2014

This made me laugh very hard!
Sep 5, 2016 10:10 AM

Jun 2016
Great race and Great friends...

EG99
Sep 5, 2016 10:22 AM
Sep 2015
I realized that, since a few chapters ago, I don't even care for Naho and Kakeru anymore. I'm still watching this anime for AzuxHagita
Sep 5, 2016 10:59 AM
Oct 2014
Am I crazy or is this series going nowhere fast. I mean, there has been no development, Naho is still shy af, and Kakeru is still going through the same stuff as the beginning. The writing is just so sub-par.
Sep 5, 2016 11:36 AM

Jan 2016
AWWWW these episodes are just the feels, every time its like a

aww they kissed(lameass cheak kiss, but its a kiss finally xD) Some smiles finally, Great episode, little slow but liked it. poor Suwa.. still. Best Bro 2016!

Best of all is Saku passed 2 people ;) if u you know what that means ❤ AzusaXSaku For the win!! ❤
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 5, 2016 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
the girls look cute in that outfit and yes they won the race!
Sep 5, 2016 12:03 PM
Jul 2016
suwa reaction at the end makes me really sad :(. I was sad all day
Sep 5, 2016 1:12 PM
May 2014
That "kiss"
I didn't understood he kissed her before he actually told that it was a kiss.
It ruined the mood :(
Except this , I seem to demand less than you guys because I don't have complains.

Lot's of feeling. I wonder if I should read the manga before or after knowing if Kakeru will die.

I don't know if I feel sorry for the future Suwa, perfectly knowing that without the death of Kakeru he wouldn't be Naho's lover, or for the past Suwa, making everything he can to help the one he love to date someone else...
Sep 5, 2016 5:55 PM

Nov 2014
zeroryoko1974 said:
his is what really happened in the kiss scene

Nice one. xD God damn it made me laugh really hard in 3 in the morning, woke the whole complex. xD

OT; Eh, hits and misses this episode, but Suwa's expression regarding the skirts was probably the best part.
Sep 5, 2016 7:25 PM

Jan 2014
Careful Suwa, you're going to make Kakeru fall for you instead.

Everyone bitching about being annoyed with how much Kakeru needs helps are a bunch of fucking assholes. Clearly you don't understand how depression works.
JotakakSep 5, 2016 7:33 PM
Sep 5, 2016 7:36 PM

Dec 2009
Really enjoying the anime of Orange since its bringing to life some of my favorite moments from the manga. Suwa continues being best girl.
Sep 5, 2016 11:10 PM

Mar 2016
Hagita x Azu OTP FTW ( ^O^)9
No seriously.
Sep 5, 2016 11:13 PM

Mar 2016
Raito_Lawliet said:
I realized that, since a few chapters ago, I don't even care for Naho and Kakeru anymore. I'm still watching this anime for AzuxHagita
haha me too xD
They're the real OTP and Suwa's the best bro of the season :P
No seriously.
Sep 6, 2016 5:22 AM

Feb 2012
Thank god this show is almost over.
Sep 6, 2016 11:28 AM

Sep 2016
really great episode I wish the end gives me all the feelings <3
Sep 6, 2016 4:07 PM
Mar 2016
I loved every second of it... The thing is though that i find myself getting happy and excited every time the future changes positively for Kakeru but also sad whenever i see this kind of "i know i'm losing her but it's for the best" look of Suwa's -_- :-(
Sep 6, 2016 5:14 PM

May 2015
They should have put more effort in that kiss scene... what a waste of a good scene, in all honesty.

From that perspective a kiss on the forehead would have looked better and less awkward than a kiss on the cheek. Also, forehead kisses > cheek kisses.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Orange Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

204 by miffyverse »»
Apr 1, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

177 by miffyverse »»
Mar 27, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Orange Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2016

234 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

230 by KayyTH »»
Mar 23, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Orange Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

381 by Minonine »»
Dec 23, 2023 1:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.