Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 29, 2010 11:38 AM

Feb 2008
Thought this would definitely make a good topic. Here we can talk about newly ongoing direct sequels of any sort to older shows.

New OVA's of the Cobra series have been released over the last few years, and they've been really top notch (if you enjoyed the original). They're filling up the rest of the manga that the original series didn't finish, so the quality is still there. There have been two short OVA's so far, the Pyscho-Gun OVA and Time Drive (liked this one a lot, goes into Cobra/Lady's past), and more recently a short 13 episode TV series started up.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=9203

Votoms will officially be coming to an end here in the upcoming months. The only downfall here is that Shining Heresy, the last unsubbed OVA to the series has up until now been the final part of the franchise, this new OVA will take place afterwards. So hopefully we're not too lost.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-01-25/votoms/gen-ei-hen-video-anime-promo-videos-streamed
HisokaHajimeMay 10, 2012 1:07 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 30, 2010 9:21 AM

Apr 2008
This club is filled with great topic, this one is another fine example of it.

I didn't knew that this new Cobra was based on the rest of the manga material which hadn't been animated back then, thanks for the info once more Echelon.

To speak the truth I was a little sceptical when I went to watch the first of the OVAs last year, but at the end of it, I was positively pleased, it is just like the Golgo TV series, new animation but without spoiling it much and trying to maintain it as faithful as they can, the character designs were left untouched which was pretty cool and the stories and overall feeling of it leaves a 80s vibe in the air, so if you can overcome the sometimes flashy animation with it's computer colours and the 3D used in machins/vehicles/spaceships, you can able able to appreciate it.
The new TV series are just a follow-up to the OVAs, so pretty much everything is left the same as in the OVA.
And it was a pity to know that the TV series were postponed from June to January, b8ut it's here already.
I have only watched the first episode so far, but I found it pretty cool, so *thumbs up* to it.
Jan 30, 2010 10:18 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, you talking about the CGI in Votoms Pailsen Files? I definitely would have preferred hand drawn myself... but the CGI isn't too bad, I got used to it after awhile. The good thing is that I don't remember them mixing the CGI with the normal animation too, so it never looked extra weird. Sounds like the new series is doing this again as well, I assume it'll be a little better since it's been a few years. It does kind of make the AT's look like toys, but yeah it didn't bother me after a bit and didn't ruin the show.

I'm betting the new series won't have a huge budget either way, since Votoms isn't Gundam or anything, I can't even imagine how great it'd be if this OVA was getting Gundam Unicorn visual treatment.

The new Cobra installments have their use of CG as well, but it's also not that bad actually. The art and animation was actually great, the character designs and women still definitely looked Cobra-ish, heh. They also used a handful amount of classic still shots here and there, which you don't seem to see too often nowadays. They also got some of the classic VA's back, though I heard at the last minute for some reason the original Cobra VA couldn't do this new series. So that kind of stinks.

I keep forgetting there's a huge new Golgo series. Last I heard though it sounded like most sub groups dropped it which kind of sucks. Maybe someone will pick it up again

I just noticed the group "Fucmnack" though, they seem to be new so maybe they're finishing it up? I hope.
Jan 30, 2010 11:11 AM

Apr 2008
Didn't noticed that about the original voice cast. Cool.

Golgo was dropped by a bunch of fansubs along its early episodes, but his fucmnack group has been releasing some episodes since late 10s episodes, every now and then, I believe they'll end the series, I just don't know when. Speaking of that, I haven't watched the last two episodes released yet.

But speaking abou the TV series itself. It's pretty episodic, they condense a full story of a Golgo mission into one episode, there are some episodes where you end thinking that it could had taken easily at least some more two episodes the the story could have been better explored that way, but the majority of them all, from what I watched until episode 20 something, they've been quite consistent and provided a lot of fun. Golgo is a great character, on a Kenshiro, very manly level, so if you're into Manly 80s testosterone filled anime, you'll easily enjoy it. :D
Jan 30, 2010 4:24 PM

Feb 2008
Yup. I really dug the first movie (still need to check out the OVA), and have often heard the new TV series is really simplistic. But I can definitely see myself liking Golgo, like Cobra or whatever, sometimes simplicity can't hurt. Hehe.

Edit: And hey, that would be one hell of a fight wouldn't it? Cobra vs Golgo!
Jan 31, 2010 12:47 PM

Apr 2008
Hahaha. I have a feeling that Golgo would erase Cobra very easily. :D
Feb 22, 2010 12:14 AM

Feb 2008
In an exciting turn of events for us Votoms fans, not only are we getting one more new OVA (Phantom Arc, the one we've known about for awhile) ... but also, THREE more! So that's 4 Votoms OVA's on the radar for us right now.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-08/votoms-case-irvine-votoms-finder-ovas-revealed

I imagine these three could all be one episode OVA's, but that's just awesome. "Irvine" and "Finder" will be directed by different people, which I'm fine with since they'll focus on new characters.

Takahashi along with the original Votoms staff according to the article, will be working on "Alone Again" based off a novel of the same name by Takahashi, and "Phantom Arc" which will be 6 episodes from what we know now.
Feb 22, 2010 8:24 AM

Jan 2008
God I was pleased to hear about the new Cobra back when it was just in production stage. ^_^ I'm still waiting on watching it until I can get my club to do it with me.
~ Mr. Panda // Twitter: @ManlyBats
~ The Anime Historian
~ Fleet Admiral, Manly Battleships®
Ask Mr. Panda Thread
Follow Mr. Panda's VCR of DOOM! review series here. Now on YouTube!
Feb 22, 2010 2:25 PM

Nov 2007
Can't wait to watch the new Cobra anime. =)
Feb 22, 2010 11:53 PM

Apr 2008
Great news on Votoms!
Mar 30, 2010 5:32 AM

Oct 2008
I think we can also speak about the remakes here.

What you think about the CG animated Captain Harlock and Gaikin ? shamely Harlock is still my stalled-list :/ Need to watch it before this movie will be realished in the 2012.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mar 30, 2010 6:27 AM

Apr 2008
Yep, I heard about it before too, sadly.

It's bad news to me, I am only now beginning to get used to a little CGI here and there in some anime, but I still can't stand full movies in that form.

On a side note, I have watched the last Cobra The Animation episode.
Good series, the last episode left me the "Oh no, I want more" feeling. I wonder if we'll have more installments, I don't really know about it's popularity, but I don't think an old adaptation like Cobra can have more sequels, even though we are in a need of some.
Mar 31, 2010 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
I watched the 1st Gundam Unicorn OVA episode earlier.

It was ok, NOT THAT original, but it was ok. The character design reminded me of the ones of the original UC series, but it's from a different person.
Apr 1, 2010 1:53 PM

Feb 2008
RobdeFR said:
I watched the 1st Gundam Unicorn OVA episode earlier.

It was ok, NOT THAT original, but it was ok. The character design reminded me of the ones of the original UC series, but it's from a different person.

Beats the hell out of Seed/00 if you ask me. The first episode was definitely "setting" a lot up, but I'm really pumped for the rest.

Also watched the first episode of Votoms Phantom Arc raw (had no idea it was out so soon), it was a HUGE nostalgic trip, they even used the same music from the original series which I think was a really nice touch honestly. Vanilla and Coccona took a trip to Uuudo City in hope of reuniting with Chirico, tracing their footsteps, they even ended up at the Votoms arena which was in that arc in the original series too. People are thinking they'll visit the Kuman Jungle, that desert, and that final planet in the next episodes.

I have a hunch Chirico might not play a big role in this OVA, but I'm thinking the other new Takahashi Votoms OVA "Alone Again" might be about him, since the name kind of fits. I hope so, since Chirico wasn't a huge role in Pailsen Files, I want some new good stuff with Chirico.
Apr 2, 2010 2:41 AM

Apr 2008
Seed and 00, were a disgrace. I want to forget those experiences. So yeah, if we take that in account the Unicorn gets very pleasant. But I just can't make an idea out of this 1st episode, which served as an basic introduction of the whole thing.

Ahh, this reminds me that I have to get back to pailsen files. I really do.
Apr 17, 2010 3:10 PM

Dec 2009
RobdeFR said:
Seed and 00, were a disgrace. I want to forget those experiences. So yeah, if we take that in account the Unicorn gets very pleasant. But I just can't make an idea out of this 1st episode, which served as an basic introduction of the whole thing.

Ahh, this reminds me that I have to get back to pailsen files. I really do.

I thought 00 was good fun but really felt more like a weird mix of Armored Core and Full Metal Panic than a Gundam show.

On the other hand, Unicorn is really evocative of what the franchise is based on, only turned up to 11. It's nice to see the brutal side of mecha combat that's really been missing from Gundam since 0080 finished.

On a different note, what did people in this club think about Macross Frontier in relation to the brilliant SDF Macross/DYRL? I wasn't wholly convinced, it felt too much like they were trying to make a show out of references and homages and in so doing left out a bit of plot.
Apr 17, 2010 8:25 PM
Jul 2018
MS06FZ said:
On a different note, what did people in this club think about Macross Frontier in relation to the brilliant SDF Macross/DYRL? I wasn't wholly convinced, it felt too much like they were trying to make a show out of references and homages and in so doing left out a bit of plot.
I thought Frontier was brilliant, but I really couldn't approach it from the same angle as SDF-Macross. I didn't have any problems with the plot, since it basically takes the structure of the pre-time jump SDF-Macross story, inverts & subverts the crap out of it with misleading cues and the like, and ultimately produces something that is both an homage to SDF as much as it is its own unique work. I think the character development might have taken a bit of a hit, but compared to most of the other series I've seen, the characters were pretty solid regardless.

I dunno. I just think there was a lot more to those references/homages than being 'just' references/homages. MF used a lot of that stuff in new ways, as if to reinvigorate the Macross franchise with awesome after several years of dormancy outside a single OVA.

unrelated: has anyone seen the new Yamato: Rebirth? I think it came out at the end of last year, but I haven't heard any news of it outside months-old release dates. The trailer on youtube looked pretty awesome despite CGI stuff (but I don't usually have a problem with CGI provided it's done well).
removed-userApr 17, 2010 8:41 PM
Apr 18, 2010 2:52 PM

Apr 2008
Excellent reply on Macross Merridian, I agree entirely with everything you wrote about MF not just being a copy but a complete translation of the old franchise to the new millennium in a fair way, using modern anime tendencies but without destroying the old feeling of the franchise.

I did enjoy it, it was not a masterpiece nor anything near, but it met my expectations of it. I didn't enjoy, of course, some modern tendencies such as the moe character and some modern stuff here and there, but the whole was good. I'm still looking forward to watch the movies.

On yamato rebirth. It seems that no one has translated the movie so far and I may risl we'll not see this translated and released in the web so soon. This kind of movie proposals aren't that much appealing to fansubs, they don't bring popularity. But well, to speak the truth, I didn't expected the new Cobra series to atract that much attention either, well, who knows.
I'm not too friendly with CGI but there are sometimes when I have to watch them and these new Yamato, Galaxy Express and Harlock new movies will be some of those moments.
Apr 18, 2010 9:32 PM

Feb 2008
I hate to say it, but looking back on Frontier... I can't really say much about it. It probably doesn't help that after I finished it, I eventually made my way unto Macross 7 and I thought it did everything Frontier did but much better. M7 was consistently goofy and over the top, but Frontier to me seemed to always have this constant imbalance with what it wanted to do ... it felt like it went back and forth between the action and drama too much and not in a good way. I also really didn't like the characters by the end of it.

Of course, I'm sure many can say the same for M7 (and for the record I still hate Basara, lol. The show all around though was just ... oddly super fun). Just a hit or miss franchise all around I guess.

How did Kawamori gain control of the franchise anyways? One has to really wonder what Macross would have been if Noboru Ishiguro directed some of the sequels...
Apr 18, 2010 9:53 PM
Nov 2007
I still have not seen Macross Frontier yet, but I am very interested in it. I am a Macross fan, as evidenced by the following insanity:

(yes, those are the 2 R2 DVD remaster boxsets of M7 haha, everyone can start shaking their heads in disgust now...somebody once told me I like to torture myself because I re-watch Macross 7, but I really do enjoy it...it is hard to tell but the other boxset is the Animeigo SDF Macross release)

I was hoping the license issues of Macross would one day get straightened out where I live but I guess that will never happen.

As for other new installments for older stuff, manga-wise Hokuto no Ken has Souten no Ken and a lot of other spin-offs, and Saint Seiya has numerous manga spin-offs as well (Next Dimension, Episode G, Lost Canvas) that are still being published to my knowledge. Oh, and then there is Kinnikuman, which has the Choujin Tag edition of Nisei.

This is off-topic, but since Echelon brought up Noboru Ishiguro, I thought I would share this, it is Ishiguro making some insightful comments about the older techniques compared to now:
Physica_FulcrumApr 18, 2010 10:18 PM
Apr 19, 2010 4:32 AM

Apr 2008
Echelon said:
One has to really wonder what Macross would have been if Noboru Ishiguro directed some of the sequels...
Hmm.. I wondered many times what would have happened if Ichiguro would have worked on this project or that one, but that happened before Tytania. I don't know if the final result was really his fault or not, but the thing is that it is there for everyone to see.

Thanks for sharing Ichiguro's words Physica.
It was very interesting to see how a director of the past would face the CGI issue of these days.
Apr 19, 2010 7:59 AM

Feb 2008
Well I can definitely say, he doesn't seem to be the first of the veterans that openly doesn't seem to love the new heavy use of CG and digitally made anime. I've heard Oshii and Miyazaki say similar things as well, especially with lots of concern about a great lack of talent when it comes to drawing.
Apr 19, 2010 11:53 AM

Apr 2008
The modern computer days brought a lot of improvements but is leaving the people more ignorant and less effective.

Don't want to skip the discussion, but I have to post this here.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranma ½: Nightmare! Incense of Spring Sleep
The new animation wasn't better than the original animation, but it wasn't annoying. The art style tried to stay faithful to it's original with some slight changes due to the modern animation and it was ok.

The story of the OVA as anyone interested may already know, was an adaptation of a chapter of the manga that wasn't animated before.
I did remember the beginning of the story from reading the manga years ago, but only the beginning of it, I couldn't recall the rest of the story, afterall it was years ago that I've read the manga. The contents of the story was the usual Ranma wackyness, but this time with a very large cast of characters instead only the Ranma/Akane/Ryoga/Shampoo stories. It was a nice choice to animate this particular chapter with almost all the gang. It was over the top as usual and very entertaining.

I gave it an 8/10 - I guess I'll never get tired of Ranma. Now, I want to see the Urusei Yatsura 2008 OVA.
Apr 19, 2010 8:58 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks Rob. I can’t wait to see the new movies either.
RobdeFR said:
On yamato rebirth. It seems that no one has translated the movie so far and I may risl we'll not see this translated and released in the web so soon. This kind of movie proposals aren't that much appealing to fansubs, they don't bring popularity.
I guess that doesn’t come as a surprise, but I figured I’d ask since I’m not remotely in the know about this stuff. Shame that the SBY franchise generally gets brushed over.

Echelon said:
It probably doesn't help that after I finished it, I eventually made my way unto Macross 7 and I thought it did everything Frontier did but much better.
I haven’t yet seen Macross 7, but it’s on my list--if only because I admire Kawamori as both a screenwriter and a director, and I just dig Macross in general. Only reason I haven’t gotten around to it is because of its notorious goofiness and the fact that it’s somewhat low on my priorities at the moment…
Echelon said:
How did Kawamori gain control of the franchise anyways? One has to really wonder what Macross would have been if Noboru Ishiguro directed some of the sequels...
I’m fairly certain Kawamori was the original creator. I know he was the main force behind the series in writing aspect, and his directorial debut was with DYRL. I’m not so sure it was a process of gaining control over the franchise so much as the franchise already being his from the get-go, but knowing internetz sources I could be wrong.
May 7, 2010 11:25 AM

Apr 2008
I (finally) watched Maetel Legend a couple of days ago.

I know that Matsumoto anime just don't belong to this modern era after having watched some other series some time ago like Space Symphony Maetel, it just doesn't have that magic anymore. But still, I went to Maetel Legend with some expectations and curiosity to see how Matsumoto would link Queen Millennia TV series to this OVA.
May 8, 2010 10:59 PM

Feb 2008
Kind of a shame most of the newer Matsumoto stuff doesn't always sound too great and I hear a lot of them suffer from bad CG and budget issues.

Oh well, hopefully -someday- we'll finally see Queen Millennia TV fully subbed as I'm sure that'll just be pure awesome, judging from the movie and how great the classic Matsumoto shows I've seen are.
May 28, 2010 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
Just noticed that there's a reasonable ammount of Votoms stuff to be aired.

Aside from the current OVA release, Phantom Arc, which is a direct sequel to Brilliant Herectic. Then we have spin-offs, Alone Again, Case; Irvine and Votoms Finder.

Judging by the pictures and art, the later two doesn't seem that connected with the rest of the universe. Probably stuff to bring new fans to the Votoms universe
Jun 4, 2010 4:59 AM

Jan 2008
A bit unusual one. It's not exactly the new installment for anime-oldie, but:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=214297

I'm totally speechless. Used to love that show, absolutely loved it. So i'm looking forward to see this anime-remake.
[Old School Anime Club]
Jun 4, 2010 8:14 AM

Apr 2008
Oh yeah noticed about it recently. I used to watch it when I was a snotty kid, don't remember much about it's storyline, but I remember some aspects about it, characters, not names, scenes etc...

And since it is by Studios 4C, we can only expect something out of the ordinary. But they have animated Batman, Street Fighter and Halo recently, so a new taking onto something more "usual" wouldn't surprise me anymore.
Jun 4, 2010 9:50 AM

Nov 2007
HOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm down for new Thundercats.
Jun 21, 2010 1:18 PM

Jan 2008
Armored Trooper Votoms: Phantom Arc.

The first OVA is already subbed(by SHS-FoSu) and available.
[Old School Anime Club]
Jul 26, 2010 11:33 AM

Dec 2009
I'm quite enjoying Imagawa's remake of Tetsujin 28, at 5 episodes in it's incredibly powerful.

The confrontation between Shotaro, Franken and the monster was really moving.

Not many shows I've found mix emotionally charged scenes with a unique kind of slow-paced combat and sound design.
Jul 26, 2010 2:15 PM

Apr 2008
Good to know that MS06FZ. I've always wondered about that remake.
Aug 8, 2010 3:46 PM

Dec 2009
I finished Tetsujin the other night and have to say the ending is one of the most powerful you'll see in a mecha show. It really shows that Japan's crises post-WW2 are at their heart problems that a super robot just can't fix, and so their heyday is over before it even began.

I've since moved on to Devilman Lady, the follow-up/reimagining of Nagai's original Devilman, and it's very unusual. It's mostly a body-horror and ultraviolence fest, with lesbian undertones.

Male wish fulfillment, basically. But it seems to work - the horror is at times disturbing, the female lead who is capable of eviscerating the legions of Hell as she transforms into a grotesquely muscled yet still feminine demon is a sight more capable than most female action heroes, and the sound design and animation are very solid.
Aug 11, 2010 9:26 AM

Apr 2007
Yet another Mazinger remake is being done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nG3e6Bl00

Mazinger SKL (Skull).
Long suffering /m/subs translator
http://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/
Sep 8, 2010 3:53 AM

Apr 2008
Finally finished Pailsen Files.

It was okay, I endured the animation and somewhere along it I had forgotten about it and was interested on the plot instead which had itt's flaws but it was okay.

Something that bothered me is that it doesn't has many elements of spin-off and could have been easily moulded into being a prequel of the series. Takahata choose to approach the "abnormal survivor" and make Chirico aware of that, when Chirico himself only would be aware of that aspect in the future during the original series. That and the fact of Rochina "Roske" being aware of who Chirico is, on the original series, Rochina doesn't seems to know who Chirico is in the beginning. These aspects were the ones that would interfere directly with the original series storyline but could have been easily changed.

So, the series being a spin-off, means that it can be forgotten and doesn't really matter to the Votoms universe storyline.

Anyway, I ended it with a 7/10. I couldn't give it a lower rating than that, even though the 6 crossed my mind sometimes, the plot developed somewhat consistently on the last episodes.
Dec 3, 2010 9:55 PM

Feb 2008
Bumping this to let everyone know Votoms Phantom Arc is fully subbed now, 1-4 are out by Formula (and they're going to finish the rest eventually), and Bro-Lord whom subbed Shining Heresy have finished up the last few episodes. Bro-Lord's translator also said he's up for translating Alone Again next year when it releases.
Dec 8, 2010 10:40 AM

Apr 2008
Finished Phantom Arc. Overall okay OVA, I'm looking forward to the Alone again OVA that'll air in january 11. I updated the info on the site that said it was a spin off to sequel, hope the moderators approve it this time.
Feb 1, 2011 10:50 PM

Feb 2008
Totally out of left field Media Blasters licenses Mazinkaiser SKL. I honestly thought these kinds of thing where dead in the current market but evidently not.
[fancy signature here]
Feb 2, 2011 6:34 AM

Apr 2007
Whoomp said:
Totally out of left field Media Blasters licenses Mazinkaiser SKL. I honestly thought these kinds of thing where dead in the current market but evidently not.

It's a 3 episode OVA with a small pre-existing fanbase for the brand. So fairly likely to be both cheap and easish to sell.
Mar 26, 2011 11:31 AM

Oct 2009
Has anyone watched the Ring ni Kakero anime(s)? I finished the first season a little while ago and now I started watching the second one, Nichibei Kessen Hen. Fans of Saint Seiya will love it because it's just as insane. Sadly, it's obvious all sorts of things have been left out of the anime, mostly expositional stuff from the beginning, leading to it kinda feels like the characters are supposed to already be familiar to the watcher. Well, guess the anime's meant for those already familiar with the manga.

Even if the animation is modern the style of the show is delightfully old school and I'm not talking about the drawing style only. The over the top techniques and drama combined with absolutely not politically correct portayals of foreigners (Black Shaft and Führer Skorpion) results in an insanely fun slugfest.

BTW, while new adaptations of old manga often place the story into modern day, it wouldn't seem to be the case with Ring ni Kakero, with nobody having cell phones etc. Can anyone confirm this?
Mar 27, 2011 4:10 AM

Apr 2008
I watched some episodes of the first season way back and left it on hold because it was stalled forever, but nowadays we have two seasons subbed at least, I have to get back into it someday. The interesting thing is that Ring Ni Kakero new seasons keep coming out like in the last anime season, so it must have some kind of fame back in Nippon.

You description was quite accurate, it's over the top and it's awesome. It's strange how the west5ern anime community keeps ignoring this great anime, the last seasons haven't been subbed yet. And everythime a new season comes out I wonder if they ever will.

Cool, noticed nowe that frenchies subs hhave picked up from where Shinses stopped, the third season (2010), and according to anidb, they are ongoing, that's good new, they probably will reach last season too.
Apr 13, 2011 4:11 PM

Jun 2009
I've started to watch Dororon Enma-kun Meeramera - a new anime for this season. It's a remake of Go Nagai's Dororon Enma-kun from 1973. I've nor seen the original and only the first episode of the new series but I must say that it was hilarious. The creators were able to preserve the atmosphere specific for the old school anime: somewhat naive and innocent characters, jokes that come up from the unpredictable situations and a total lack of cliche + you get a great laugh.
Apr 14, 2011 8:27 AM

Sep 2008
Nice Macross discussion going on here. I really liked how the Frontier series was re-condensed for the the first movie. I think it's much more focused and therefore better in many ways. I hope the second movie is up to that standard as well.

Apropos to this thread, has anyone checked out the relaunch of Dororon Enma-kun: Meeramera? The combination of very old-school style and storytelling combined with high quality modern animation was remarkable in the first episode. I'm hoping for more of the same from the rest or the series.

Apr 14, 2011 2:48 PM

Apr 2008
AccipiterF1 said:

Apropos to this thread, has anyone checked out the relaunch of Dororon Enma-kun: Meeramera? The combination of very old-school style and storytelling combined with high quality modern animation was remarkable in the first episode. I'm hoping for more of the same from the rest or the series.

I still haven't checked on it, but I plan to do so. To speak the truth I don't expect it to be more than a children anime.
Apr 14, 2011 3:59 PM

Jun 2009
RobdeFR said:
I still haven't checked on it, but I plan to do so. To speak the truth I don't expect it to be more than a children anime.

In MAL's description it says: Rating: R - 17+ (violence & profanity). And if you've seen the first episode you'll never think about it as a children anime, lol. It's Go Nagai who created the series who is well-known for using violence mixed with the sexual undertones (sometimes just the tones).
Apr 15, 2011 1:29 PM

Apr 2008
The 70s incarnation is quite the children anime with the demon world and all theme behind it, with the demons being quite friendly. So I thought, wrongly that this installment would be just like the original. Now, I'm more curious about it, at least more than before
RobdeFRApr 17, 2011 9:27 AM
Apr 15, 2011 2:22 PM

Apr 2007
I still can't quite get my head round the fact Enma-kun is a guy...
Oct 13, 2012 10:19 AM

Oct 2009
Anyone watching Jojo? Two episodes into the show and I love it! Over the top and overly dramatic like it should be and Dio's got an awesome voice actor in Takehito Koyasu! I had heard the animation wasn't that good, but I've liked what I've seen.
Oct 13, 2012 4:15 PM

Nov 2007
JoJo has been spectacular so far. Better than anyone could have ever imagined. The first two episodes have covered 10 chapters so the pace has been very FAST, yet I'm preferring it over the manga so far. Which is just a great sign. High impact and amazingly dramatic. Top notch.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Ongoing Old School Anime Fansubs ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RobdeFR - Jan 26, 2010

2253 by JohnnyChuck »»
Apr 21, 8:08 AM

» A Thread for talking about Akira Toriyama

MrYuVideo - Mar 10

1 by RobdeFR »»
Apr 18, 8:46 AM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 5, 5:14 PM

» Chronological Order of Some Well Known Anime

Anakin1981 - Sep 15, 2011

40 by Anakin1981 »»
Jan 29, 11:55 PM

» The oldest anime you've watched. ( 1 2 3 )

Vulfreyde - Mar 28, 2012

134 by AverageRiceFan »»
Dec 30, 2023 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.