Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 3, 2016 10:44 AM

Feb 2008
I know Lucia died in moon route but you know what this isn't even followed Moon or Terra only trying to take a few part of it and make into anime original .

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 3, 2016 10:46 AM

Jul 2015
I don't think Lucia is dead, her sword pierced her in a non-vital point, she can use her vibration power to cushion her fall, and it's the perfect excuse to meet Kotarou & co.
Sep 3, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
Nah I don't think Lucia is dead, but it is a good cliffhanger especially for this failure of an anime.
Sep 3, 2016 10:57 AM
Nov 2015
This is becoming veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery shonen-like, with Kotarou doing all this training to get stronger and all these mysterious figures and-OH MY GOD LUCIA'S DEAD

3/5
Sep 3, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2011
danieltortoisee said:
Wonder what kind of deus-ex machina the writers will pull out of their asses to bring Lucia back from the "dead"? After all, I don't see this show having the guts to have her stay dead, given how strongly they're foreshadowing a happy ending here.

I may do agree that she might be alive but I doubt I would agree on the "happy end". Yes, Lucia's "death" is so unconvincing like as you said, that scene seems doesn't have guts to stay her dead, so it looks like somehow anti-climatic. Also like someone said, she was pierced on a non-vital part and supposedly, a pierce like that to Guardian agents should be nothing to them but a temporary setback, not to mention Lucia's regeneration. But then again, there's this "unseen" fall so we can't actually tell.

Sep 3, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2016
It was a decent episode, at least the story is finally progressing towards an original conclusion. I'm kinda curious how the Kotaru x Kagari relationship will develop, as they have no real possibility of a future together.

I don't think Lucia's dead, not because I don't think they'll kill off the heroines, but because it would be a really stupid way to die and they left the conclusion intentionally vague. Then again, Rewrite is a dark story with no truly happy endings, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Sep 3, 2016 11:02 AM

Jun 2014
Oh wow, wasn't expecting Lucia to die. Now the question is whether or not she'll stay dead. I guess we'll see in the coming episodes.

Also, I wasn't particularly fond of the oppai scene. Partly because of the fact that I can't believe they're still fixated on that, but also because that scene felt really out of place given what was occurring in this episode.
thebrentinator24Sep 3, 2016 11:11 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2016 11:14 AM

Jan 2014
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 11:16 AM

Jul 2014
Wow Lucia just died, the reason why I think she's dead is because they made the scene dramatic af, and plus they inserted a background song that felt like someone's gonna die.
Sep 3, 2016 11:17 AM
Jun 2012
thebrentinator24 said:
Also, I wasn't particularly fond of the oppai scene. Partly because of the fact that I can't believe they're still fixated on that, but also because that scene felt really out of place given what was occurring in this episode.

Koutarou just trying to dispel Akane's gloominess, he did the same with Kotori last episode.
Sep 3, 2016 11:23 AM
Jul 2016
Nice episode overall, who was the one who said that this will be mostly another SOL chapter, they pierced Lucia! Well, she is probably alive anyways.

Kotarou's solo training was a bit lame, what with stabbing nonstop to the air in the same position without even moving his hips.

By the way, I almost died when Kagari said Homo and Kotarou thought about Sakuya hahaha.
Sep 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Feb 2015
The pace is atrocious, this show could have been 10x better if it was 24 episodes.
Sep 3, 2016 11:52 AM

Nov 2011
are you fucking kidding me? Why do they keep doing this shit to my best girls this season.
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 3, 2016 11:54 AM
Jul 2018
Yautja said:
The pace is atrocious, this show could have been 10x better if it was 24 episodes.

Blame Aniplex at least for the episode count, I thought the pacing for the episode was fine though... again I guess I don't mind it that much?
Sep 3, 2016 11:54 AM

Dec 2014
Average episode, I felt it was moving from one point to the other real quickly.

So Koutarou's training under Sakuya and he shouldn't use his ability cause it'll make him less human? Well I guess it would make him super human but I don't see any problem with that. :P

War is coming (started?) , I'm still hoping for some details into why each faction wants Kagari and what they plan on doing with her. Kagari's purpose also hasn't been explained, Akane seems to believe she's here to judge humans and the part where Kagari said 'Homo Sapien' does pose some intrigue. Even Koutarous's origins haven't been fully explained yet.

Akane blush was so cute <3 , Koutarou going for the grope like a boss. XD

I didn't find the fight sequence all that good, It felt I don't know uninspired I guess? Random explanations about powers and moves and it also lacked the intensity I was expecting, Maybe I just expected too much.
That end :O , I hope Lucia isn't dead. :(
Lelouch0202Sep 3, 2016 12:00 PM
Sep 3, 2016 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
That cliffhanger! I hope Lucia will be alright!
Sep 3, 2016 12:06 PM

Dec 2014
Lucia's dead? Okay........ (Its not like I gave a shit about her to begin with or anything)

(Well, if anything, it makes me finally want to lower the score for this series)
Sep 3, 2016 12:17 PM

Oct 2014
Was that Edward Elric at the end killing Earth rep?
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Sep 3, 2016 12:24 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Wut? If that was Lucia's death for real, it was badly executed, no tension.

Sakuya and Kagari have great chemistry together, funny as fuck xD
Sep 3, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2014
Well even I have to say that I'm baffled. Since episode 7 the tone should have stayed dark just like in the VN but really every episode the tone changes everytime, and seriously itsuwaranai kimi e?? I heard it first in Lucia's route and it was memorable, here it felt so shonen... it really didn't fit.

Honestly the anime is just OK but they could have done so much more.
(I'm still waiting to see if they are going to go gory mode soon)
Sep 3, 2016 1:00 PM
Mar 2010
nobody talks about the two coffins inside the shelter? it broke my heart i tought Kagari burried them but it seems better that way

Kagari old self seems to be coming back, loving each time Kagari appears her character its becoming more developed and i laughed so hard when she said "Homo" also Kagari riding chibimoth was so cute but did she really needed to do that? XD. And Akane crying ..poor Akane the burden she holds

Can't wait for next ep to see what happens probably Kotori and the gang will find Lucia or Shizuru will find her. Hyped to see the t-rex in action
BerryChanxSep 4, 2016 2:48 AM
Sep 3, 2016 1:01 PM
Jan 2014
Because Chihaya route is included. and most of the fight scenes are from Chihaya route anyways.
Sep 3, 2016 1:03 PM
Mar 2010
yeah and Sakuya training Kotarou is also from her route ... i expect an epic fight soon and Sakuya will sacrifice himsself
Sep 3, 2016 1:04 PM
Jan 2014
the opening already show what happens to him though.
Sep 3, 2016 1:05 PM
Mar 2010
yeah i saw it he sacrifices himself but i wanna see it action
Sep 3, 2016 1:17 PM
Jul 2016
BerryChanx said:
nobody talks about the two coffins inside the shelter? it broke my heart i tought Kagari burried them but it seems better that way

Kagari old self seems to be coming back, loving each time Kagari appears her character its becoming more developed and i laughed so hard when she said "Homo" also Kagari riding chibimoth was so cute but did she really needed to do that? XD. And Akane crying ..poor Akane the burden she holds but Kagari and Key coffee made everything better :p
Can't wait for next ep to see what happens probably Kotori and the gang will find Lucia or Shizuru will find her. Hyped to see the t-rex in action

Put that stuff about the FinCof inside spoiler please.
Sep 3, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2015
I didnt like the placement of "Rewrite -instrumental-" in this episode... Well atleast we got it.
Sep 3, 2016 1:34 PM

Sep 2014
danieltortoisee said:
Wonder what kind of deus-ex machina the writers will pull out of their asses to bring Lucia back from the "dead"? After all, I don't see this show having the guts to have her stay dead, given how strongly they're foreshadowing a happy ending here.

She may very well remain dead if it's not a happy ending. But if it is, what will happen in the following episode is very predictable, no ass pull at all.

(if this adaptation weren't a mess, you'd probably remember someone actually has a power that can save her)
Sep 3, 2016 1:38 PM
Nov 2013
Well the opening is good, now!
showing much of the stuff that now
and I think the anime is nicely assemble.
Sep 3, 2016 1:43 PM
Mar 2016
Wtf, Sakuya goes into Kotori's realm , finds the key, but decides to be the butler there?

OMG Lucia, dead....or is she?
Sep 3, 2016 1:44 PM

Jun 2009
I don't think Lucia is dead. As far as I saw, it didn't hit a fatal spot so she may turn out fine. The problem is where she fell. :/
I wonder what's up with the coffins in the forest, though. And why Kotori's mother isn't looking for her. I mean back in ep. 1 she went to Kotarou because her daughter wasn't home in the evening and it's been days since Kotori decided to live in the forest. I'm anime only watcher, though, so maybe I'm missing something.
Sep 3, 2016 1:48 PM

Dec 2007
I actually really liked how Lucia's death was executed, pretty much like you 'would die in real life', suddenly and 'fall into the unknown'. These types of deaths are the best for me when they are executed in anime, and no unnecessary melodrama as her character did not get developed as much in the anime. It did had that awesome sudden impact.

As for the episode, the plot is getting really complex, so many stuff happen in the episode with fast pacing and all. The final product looks pretty unique.
Sep 3, 2016 1:48 PM

Jul 2016
Whoahoho said:
Wtf, Sakuya goes into Kotori's realm , finds the key, but decides to be the butler there?

OMG Lucia, dead....or is she?

Guardian wants to destroy the key. Gaia wants to use her for their ends. Sakuya is a part of Gaia, him playing butler while protecting and keeping a watch over them is in line with his organization's goals.
Sep 3, 2016 2:00 PM
Jul 2016
PerlaNemesis said:
I don't think Lucia is dead. As far as I saw, it didn't hit a fatal spot so she may turn out fine. The problem is where she fell. :/
I wonder what's up with the coffins in the forest, though. And why Kotori's mother isn't looking for her. I mean back in ep. 1 she went to Kotarou because her daughter wasn't home in the evening and it's been days since Kotori decided to live in the forest. I'm anime only watcher, though, so maybe I'm missing something.

Don't try to look info about Kotori's mom, it will spoil you a lot.
Sep 3, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2015
Dunno why, but I'm enjoying this more than I should :P

Lucia ain't dead, right?? I mean alive until proven dead... ;_;

Also :
:3
Sep 3, 2016 2:08 PM

Mar 2013
Honestly, I don't know what to expect anymore of this original route, so i'm not sure if Lucia is really dead or not (but I think she isn't because it didn't look like a death)

But the oppai moment with "Rewrite" (Moon's opening) was glorious xDD [SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO. I CAN'T FIND IT WITHOUT THEM D: ]

Sep 3, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
andr1us17 said:
Honestly, I don't know what to expect anymore of this original route, so i'm not sure if Lucia is really dead or not (but I think she isn't because it didn't look like a death)

But the oppai moment with "Rewrite" (Moon's opening) was glorious xDD [SPOILERS IN THE VIDEO. I CAN'T FIND IT WITHOUT THEM D: ]

xD I was like wtf for a few seconds though, and I'm not the biggest fan of the Opening myself.
Sep 3, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2015
This episode went a little fast. Some transitions from scene to scene felt a little weird. I didn't expect Lucia to die, though. Or maybe she isn't dead. Guess we'll know next episode. I hope she's not...

Sep 3, 2016 2:16 PM
May 2015
My best girl.........died.....I can't believe this shit.......I have no more reason.....to live.....or to keep watching.....this show....DROP I'm jk.
(Please don't let it be similar to how the characters lived in Aldnoah.Zero S2..Please..I'd rather her die with dignity than being revived by some sort of deus-ex machina BS)

Pacing is still somewhat rushed and I'm really enjoying Kagari's personality.

4/5.
jc9622Sep 3, 2016 2:20 PM

Sep 3, 2016 2:29 PM
Mar 2010
JanusVonMaria said:
PerlaNemesis said:

True
Just dont
Just wait for the anime to end (in case they dont show/tell what happened)
Sep 3, 2016 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
BerryChanx said:
JanusVonMaria said:

True
Just dont
Just wait for the anime to end (in case they dont show/tell what happened)

I have to say this as well, don't look for any info yet.
Sep 3, 2016 2:59 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty hilarious how Sakuya wrecks then offers becoming their butler, lol. As for Lucia tho, I'll be damn surprised if she somehow managed to survive THAT.
Sep 3, 2016 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
I thought quite crap this part of Sakuya join Kotarou and Kotori so easily, even more at the request of President and Chihaya, who took leave of them the last time treating them as enemies and now simply return the old friendship, or the drama it should be better worked in this part and there is a touching scene to mark the friendship or Sakuya would act on their own to demonstrate the intentions of President and Chihaya.

But at least the ramblings of Kotarou about boobs were very good, are some phrases that prentendo use for life, and then the final battle of Lucia, I am still in doubt whether she or Kotori is the best girl, was quite predictable that something bad happen to her, but, since the beginning of this episode, it may be that at the beginning of the next episode is already all right with her, which makes me even more eager for next episode ..
Sep 3, 2016 3:20 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
In terms of characters, i think the winners of this adaptation are definitely Kagari and Sakuya (with such little screen time, too, but he has an aura of epic around him tbh)
Sep 3, 2016 3:21 PM

Jan 2013
Wow this is actually getting good. I've been thinking maybe there's some hope for this anime after they start doing the anime original stuff and it looks like I was right.
Of course there's still 3 episodes and it could still end up being a trainwreck but I'm optimistic after this episode.
Looks like Kagari will probably get her memories back which is good and also that Lucia vs Midou fight. It was good but I'm not buying the "poisoning the familiar poisons the summoner" thing. I mean the reason the summoner takes damage and died if you keep hitting his familiar is because they are using their life to regenerate and power it right?
They aren't connected by blood so why is poison effective like this?
Either way if Lucia DOESN'T die after this I will be pissed off. Something like being revived on Moon or another world is fine but if she's not dead for good in this world after getting stabbed by a spear and falling into a ravine I am just done.
She was also stupid for not letting Shizuru come too. Sakuya being a badass as always.

Great episode, looking forward to see how this will end. (Moon please)
Sep 3, 2016 3:49 PM

Jun 2013
So Sakuya has been dispatched on orders of Akane to look over Koutaro, Kagari and Kotori to protect them from everyone. Gaia wants to save the world but in a rather twisted way which was hinted by that old woman telling Akane that she'll come to like destruction soon and by Akane saying that Chihaya didn't agree with the stuff Gaia did.

Koutaro trains under Sakuya to get stronger to protect Kagari. And Kagari is brutal when it comes to criticism lol. She breaks poor Sakuya by saying that his coffee sucks and the vending machine coffee tastes better. And Sakuya has Koutaro meets Akane. And Koutaro was about to touch her boobs, so damn close, but then he stops. What a tease. He'll continue in the occult club room in front of everyone to give them a show too.

And Lucia acts against orders to go after Kotori and Koutaro to protect them from the Gaia monsters. And after fighting with the dangerous Blondie, she gets hit by a spear and falls down a cliff. I hope she doesn't die. That really caught me off guard. Although realistically it is highly improbable to survive that fall while stabbed unless someone comes to save her at the last minute from below.
Sep 3, 2016 5:13 PM

Dec 2013
That ending...wtf. I didn't ever believe that the club would actually be getting back together in this anime but I didn't think someone would die so suddenly. Although there is a chance she might not be dead.

Lewd!
G_Spark233Sep 3, 2016 5:21 PM
Sep 3, 2016 5:20 PM
Jul 2018
Smudy said:
In terms of characters, i think the winners of this adaptation are definitely Kagari and Sakuya (with such little screen time, too, but he has an aura of epic around him tbh)

I may be saying something as a reader but Sakuya is my favorite character of the series, next to Kotarou and Yoshino.
Sep 3, 2016 7:02 PM

Dec 2014
Kagari is so cute..... I just hope the blacked haired girl did not have died in the end
Sep 3, 2016 7:03 PM

Sep 2015
with all this mixed route and rejected love part into friendship bs

will be yoshino still around for last 3 ep?
Into the Internet!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.