Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2016 8:24 AM

Jul 2014
So the dishes were equally good, but because Akira has limited himself to only being able to do a specific kind of cooking, he wins? For being the worst chef? Okay.
Sep 3, 2016 8:39 AM
May 2016
Fuck Hayama, I feel like the chef who reflect his speciality in his dish was Ryo, thousand time more than Hayama. I was hoping:

1.Ryo
2.Soma
3.Hayama

Well, At least Soma didnt cry or something like that, i was waiting for it, specially when hi was talking with his father.

So 3 episodes for a entire Arc? manga readers, is this going to be fast pace as hell?
Sep 3, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2015
Akira's flashback, Souma "learn" something from his defeat and his dad's sudden call. This episode is so amazing.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 3, 2016 8:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Sokah said:
So the dishes were equally good, but because Akira has limited himself to only being able to do a specific kind of cooking, he wins? For being the worst chef? Okay.
It's about being able to cook something that no one else would be able to do on the same level
Sep 3, 2016 9:04 AM

Nov 2013
I'm surprised at how many dislike Hayama. As Gin said, his arrogance is basicly a way to push himself. I like how he's a lot less sure of himself than he seems.
I feel that conflicted characters are too often 'broken' people. Hayama is way more realistic in that regard.

In fact, the way people see themselfs is kinda a running theme in this show. You can only grow by pushing yourself.

Three episodes left huh..
With 'The Stagiaire' they probably mean an internship. They'll likely set the arc up in the next few episodes, but I think the full arc wil have to wait untill the next season.
Too much salt can ruin even the best of meals.
Sep 3, 2016 9:08 AM
May 2014
Not bad episode, if rushed.
But 3 eps stagiaire(pardon the spelling if wrong) is gonna destroy what was to me one of the best parts of the manga :'( 15 episodes please. :'(
Sep 3, 2016 9:24 AM
Jul 2015
I liked it.

Didn't throw an unreasonable curveball as to why Hayama won/soma lost.

Even in the real world, cooking with your own unique specialty and making it taste superior to other dishes, is pretty standard to a good chef.

I liked how Soma didn't reach a peak in his skills yet. I hope he figures out soon that the answer to his lack of specialty is the lack of anyone to dedicate it to. Competitive nature (ex: Soma v Jinchiro, Ryo vs Alice) can only get you so far, and its what Hayama has (ex: Hayama x Jun) that really drive him to be stronger.

WHEN WILL ERINA ACKNOWLEDGE SOMA SO HE CAN BECOME EVEN BETTER

Lucis_ said:
Erina on Eleonora's lap = very cute

Alice*
Sep 3, 2016 9:25 AM
Oct 2010
Who's bright idea was that to put the flashback before Hayama's name was called? Simply switching the order of him being announced and the flashback would have made way more sense. Felt like the director dropped the ball there.
Sep 3, 2016 9:30 AM

Mar 2012
It's no surprise Hayama won because he already has a woman to cook for just as Jouichirou stated about his secret earlier. Souma was fighting for himself and has yet to realize that he needs to find the right woman (Erina) to dedicate his cooking to in order become a better chef.

I'm very excited to see my favorite arc finally getting animated next week.

Credit to Hihanteki
Sep 3, 2016 9:32 AM

Dec 2011
That ends the election. Let's look forward to Stagiaire now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 3, 2016 9:36 AM
Apr 2014
Woman to cook for + Speciality = gg Hayama, he's also obviously a tier above the other 2 with his spices mastery, it's good that Soma doesn't win all the time.
I like how they showed Erina there when Joichirou was talking, perhaps a very subtle foreshadowing of what's to come.
Sep 3, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2015
Doesn't Soma already have Erina to cook for? All this time he wants to get into the elite 10 to beat Erina-sama and show her the D.....ishes he can make.
Anyways, great episode 10/10.

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Sep 3, 2016 9:39 AM
Apr 2014
Can't say I like the result. But it was obvious it was either him or Souma.

I'm curious what they'll do now. 3 episodes left. Hopefully it's not just random SoL >.> As much as I enjoy that it'd be a disappointing season final.
Sep 3, 2016 9:43 AM

May 2013
Fck Hayama, arrogant pos. Even tho it's cliché that the MC has to win, I still wanted Soma to win. :(
Soma's father is such a troll. :D
Sep 3, 2016 9:45 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The hate for Hayama is so laughable lol

All three of the contestants deserved to win whether you haters like it or not so for me personally, I'm not even mad at this result

Congrats to Hayama for achieving total victory....You did a great job buddy!
Sep 3, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2015
Crap, out of all 3 of them, it had to be my least favorite >:( I hope he cheated or something so Souma can win
Sep 3, 2016 10:01 AM

May 2013
So how did you guys like this episode of Shokugeki no Hayama?
Sep 3, 2016 10:07 AM

Aug 2014
Congratulations to the three finalist who get into the finals, and a special congrats to Hayama who have won the Autumn Main Tournament!! ^.^
Besides Kyou-kun and Souma-kun had finish it in second, both of them don't feel down of their lost.. They keep on gauge their motivations and studying their plates. I feel it's amazing, cause since they didn't show their looser's face to Hayama!
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Sep 3, 2016 10:10 AM
Nov 2015
Not a bad episode, I'm looking forward to the Stagiare arc. Three episodes seems really tight though, I was hoping to see
Sep 3, 2016 10:16 AM
Nov 2015
EVERYONE though Souma was going to win, myself included, I'm so glad the series manages to rid itself of plot armor. Loved the arc, but this episode in particular felt a little meh. I actually really liked the part where the three of them where testing Hayama's food, maybe that was just a temporary thing, but I wish we got to see them together more.

3/5
Sep 3, 2016 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
Great episode and good pace.I don't remember the talk between Isshiki and Eizan in the manga..
Anyway too bad Souma lose but it is something necessary for him to develop nore especially during the next arc which i can't wait.
Sep 3, 2016 10:21 AM
Jul 2014
The Stagiaire sounds interesting, might read the manga after this season is over.
Sep 3, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2014
It's kind of nice that Souma lost, it would be frustrating and boring to see the MC win all the time because of MC reasons. I'm glad to see that Souma is still in good spirits though, and he's using this loss as a way to help himself improve as a cook.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 3, 2016 10:30 AM

Jul 2013
Cannot say I was surprised seeing Hayama's winning after all the hints about him being the most advanced of the three and after that flashback.

I liked the result, however, since Hayama is my favourite character and this time the plot armor of Souma was broken. Was refreshing to see the MC not winning for once.
It's also was interesting because that way Souma has finally found someone who is above him and can develop the motivation he needs to improve.

Btw, did anyone notice Isshiki talked with Souma's father in his usual apron without wearing nothing? What a man.
And, talking about Souma's father, the scene when he mocks Souma for losing was hillarious xD

I liked how the three finalists has became some short of buddies. Now they will do an stagiare period... Probably the last three episodes will treat about that.

Mimasaka watching Hayama's victory this time with a(n apparent) non malicious smile makes me happy. Wonder if he will appear in this season later.
Sep 3, 2016 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
It's raining salt

Damn 3 episodes left, they have to skip the full detail
about how Akira met Jun in some slum

But I'm more worried about how they are
going to tie the knot for this season especially
Stagiaire Arc is quite big

Sep 3, 2016 10:38 AM

Jul 2016
with everything they've been doing with Hayama, i'm not surprised at all that he won. i did feel that Soma was gonna break down or something or beat himself up over it more, but i'm glad at how he didn't do that :P

seriously tho, there's only 3 episodes left and they introduce this new stagiare thing. wonder what they'll be doing with that ._.
Sep 3, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
Cannot say I was surprised seeing Hayama's winning after all the hints about him being the most advanced of the three and after that flashback.

I liked the result, however, since Hayama is my favourite character and this time the plot armor of Souma was broken. Was refreshing to see the MC not winning for once.
It's also was interesting because that way Souma has finally found someone who is above him and can develop the motivation he needs to improve.

Btw, did anyone notice Isshiki talked with Souma's father in his usual apron without wearing nothing? What a man.
And, talking about Souma's father, the scene when he mocks Souma for losing was hillarious xD

I liked how the three finalists has became some short of buddies. Now they will do an stagiare period... Probably the last three episodes will treat about that.

Mimasaka watching Hayama's victory this time with a(n apparent) non malicious smile makes me happy. Wonder if he will appear in this season later.

I always thought that it was apron senpai's signature style? Nvm

>three buddies

Heh well........... I will just say what gin said to hayama "your talent will bare the fangs for you".

Anyway Stagaire was one of my fav arc, just hope it won't be too rushed. I am also hyped for the last ep for a certain someone to show up.

Also lol at the hate towards hayama, his natural talent with his style, his motivation to be at the top earns him the prize and puts him above the rest, rightfully so.

Abt whether mimasaka will appear this season

Sep 3, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2013
Mah boy Hayama wins and all is right with the world :)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sokah said:

>equal
>hayama is worst
>bashing the specialty

Your tears are delicious Souma fanboy XD XD
Sep 3, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
Man that was a good episode. What a final round.
Soma you tried but you can't win everything.

Hi there
Sep 3, 2016 10:45 AM

Oct 2015
MattUzumaki said:
Fck Hayama, arrogant pos. Even tho it's cliché that the MC has to win, I still wanted Soma to win. :(
Soma's father is such a troll. :D

I don't think its cliché. That the MC loses to elevate the moment he finaly wins is something that happens quite a lot, and in a sport anime for example it's the real ciché.
Sep 3, 2016 10:50 AM

Aug 2015
Has nobody experiencing the huge drop in animation quality lately?And this episode always felt like something was missing from the very beginning.I think i should start reading manga.
Sep 3, 2016 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
LOL actually, I like Hayama quite a bit after watching this episode. It helped me realize that Hayama's cooking is in complete gratitude of what Jun has done for him. I think that's what really stood out to me. I think an easy way to put it is that it's not Hayama's talent that has gotten him thus far; it's Hayama that has gotten his talent this far. Remember that he's always practicing to improve his sense of smell
Sep 3, 2016 11:12 AM
Mar 2016
Really enjoyed the episode, but I like that the defeat that Soma Kun got, motivates him to do more of his own fresh ideas!!
Sep 3, 2016 11:19 AM
Apr 2015
pls tell me I'm not the only one happy souma lost
Sep 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Jul 2016
"The winner is... 8 years ago" I'm just like, "Are you kidding me!?"
Even Soma didn't win, it's still a good result, and nice episode.
And I like it when those three become such a best friends lol
Sep 3, 2016 11:39 AM
May 2014
I was so happy that soma didn't won
I was worried that they would make soma win only because he is the MC.

And so happy that Hayama won.
I think Hayama is my prefered character. The face when he rise his hand, He looks like he don't believe what is happening, even though he says from the beginning that he is the best.
Sep 3, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Really like this episode a lot cause they put more pretty big characterization for soma imo and more characterization on Hayama for the story to goes on. what i like more is that, in this episode, for the anime only, knew that soma isn't a genius. he's just an ordinary guy without any talent. and like his father said, soma just lack on of the common things that normal people think when they loset to someone who's talented.

soma never care with it. or never think about it. he's just keep moving foward without thinking about talent or such things. he's just keep moving, struggling and searching for ways to win, to make a better dish than his rival. that's soma. and i like it that most people would think "there's no way i could win", "he/she's too talented", "it's obvious talented people would win" but the scene when the perv guy explained why most of the audience haven't awknowledged him is because they didn't want to awkowledging their own lack of effort. and that scene, i really like it a lot because it's so straight foward and i can relate that to myself xD

and for the last one, sportsmanship. really like it a lot. yes, it's frustaiting, it's irritating, but that's what i like. and i'm happy at the same time. the mc that looked like he's OP but actually he isn't. the show has been trying to made the mc looked op in your eyes and thus why now, from your perspective, soma is an op character but actually nope. that part, i really like that a lot. not only soma is getting closer to hayama, but ryo is getting closer to hayama too. and i really like the fact that the battle isn't a one-sided battle. there was only a little gap/difference between hayama and soma.

i enjoyed this episode a lot seriously.
looking foward to the next episode.
Sep 3, 2016 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
The reason why Hayama Akira won is obvious I'm pretty sure to a lot of people rather then me, Soma is retarded for hanging up on his dad when he just got into school remember? he was about to tell him the secret which was "get a lady to cool your all for". Hayama Akira was lucky that Jun found him naturally and he is doing this all for her, until Soma realizes he needs someone to cook for like Elina or Tsumugi or Alice he will be 3 or even 5 steps above everyone.
Sep 3, 2016 11:58 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well, damn it lol

But okay, that flashback from Hayama made it a bit more bearable.

Stagiaire!
Sep 3, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
It was too bad that Souma did not win!
Sep 3, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2016
Kinda intrigued to who is Alice's father
Sep 3, 2016 12:27 PM

Nov 2014
I didn't expect Souma to lose tho. U_U
Sep 3, 2016 12:37 PM
Nov 2014
CoolBeans24 said:
Kinda intrigued to who is Alice's father

Er, isn't that pretty obvious?
Sep 3, 2016 12:54 PM

Feb 2015
Manga reader so I obviously know the result but meh, Hayama is my least favorite of the three. Ah well, time for the internship arc!
Sep 3, 2016 1:04 PM
Mar 2016
Oh shit Hayama wins, nxt "the Stagiaire", so does that mean that Hayama will be up against Erina?
Sep 3, 2016 1:07 PM

Mar 2015
Anyone else pick up on Doujima's words in relations to Hayama in the current manga chapter?
Sep 3, 2016 1:07 PM

Feb 2014
Im glad Hayama won. His dish was really unique and his backstory was touching. He has something to fight for.

Now I couldn't tell if Hayama romantically loves Jun or if its familial love. To me she seems more as big sister, but looking at their interactions I can't quite tell either way.
Sep 3, 2016 1:10 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode! I was expecting Souma to win but...next time ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 3, 2016 1:10 PM

Jan 2015
I was really surprised that Souma didnt win, because in the prelins he had 1 less points than Hayama, but 3 out of the 5 judged gave a higher score to Souma, and they even mentioned that he wouldve beat Hayama in a shokugeki there, and since this finals judgment was like a shokugekis, i expected soumas win....
Sep 3, 2016 1:11 PM

May 2013
Sokah said:

Originality is a factor in many high-level cooking shows for this very reason. All of their technical skills are great so you need a deal breaker.

And being exceptional at a particular area doesn't mean being crap everywhere else.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.