Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Sep 28, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2017
I honestly knew Souma wouldn't have won, I was hoping he would but something in me knew the win would go to Akira. Either way congratulations to Akira.
I knew Ryou wouldn't win. Speaking of Ryou...he is so hot. *w*
Oct 3, 2017 8:22 PM
Jul 2017
Wow, for once this season surprised me!
Oct 27, 2017 11:40 AM

Nov 2011
When they declared the winner, according to the personality expressed by his dish, I immediately knew who would win, and it was so. I'm not sorry for the leakage that Yukihira has suffered, but I'm pretty happy that it was so, so that he could understand its limits. As a narrative arc, it's more than satisfying.
Nov 12, 2017 12:14 PM

Apr 2013
Until the past of Hayama got explained, I wasn't sure who'd win. I was fine with Yukihira or Hayama though, as long as it's not the loud and annyoing Ryou xD
Dec 14, 2017 5:45 AM

Apr 2015
Hayama's flashback was interesting but the timing was off. I don't know why but Hayama is not a character that I cheer for.
Feb 7, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2012
White soup?
Holy shit at jiji's dress break.
Erina oppai.
Yukihira Souma is...SUGE!!!
Chef's specialty?
Dat flashback. Jun got nice oppai.
Akira won. Now he can confess to Jun and bang her.
Dat hug.
lol at Alice.
Sonoka!!!!
RIKIYA!!!!
Nikumi oppai in that apron.
Ibusaki is a closet hentai.
Tossed out of the school? The Stagiaire?

So great to see Sonoka again. I hope she comes back.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 25, 2019 2:41 AM
Nov 2018
When hayama's flash back scene, I knew he will win. Not because only him that has flash back on that part but I remember what souma's father say back when souma about to join the school. "You have to find someone that make you want to..." I forget what he was say but I know shouma's father mention he's wife,the one he love. Shouma not have that person but hayama already have it.
Jun 2, 2019 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
I really thought Souma would win!
Jul 4, 2019 6:20 AM

May 2016
Ryou was fighting to reach the top so he can prove to himself that he's superior to everyone below him and Souma was striving to become Number 1 so he can beat his dad, but Hayama gave his absolute all to make the woman who unlocked his true potential gave his miserable existence a purpose proud. It just goes for show that a person can shine the most if they do their best for someone dear to them. Hayama's sudden backstory being shown right before the big reveal might've made it obvious on who would be the winner but because of seeing it, I immediately understood why he won.

Souma might not have gotten first place but Hayama winning the Autumn Elections was by far the best outcome for the character growth of the three finalists. If Souma had won, he'd have to experience defeat for the first time the hard way by the hands of one of the Elite 10 because he wouldn't have realized that he still has a ways to go in improving and discovering himself as a chef and if Ryou won, he'd be cocky forever. I really like how the two ended up being such sore losers that the three of them ended up being really friendly rivals seeking to improve themselves because that's super adorable ♥

Jan 7, 2020 11:48 AM

Feb 2019
I'm glad Ryo came in third. He's really annoying! I wish they did the recap in another episode rather than this one
Jan 8, 2020 6:38 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really thought Souma would win but looks like it's Akira, this show is surprising me more and more
Feb 11, 2020 7:00 AM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that Hayama Akira won but they could show the flashback after his victory. It feels too obvious. Anyway it was a good arc. 4/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 9, 2020 10:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, this was amazing closure to what has been a suspenseful arc.

I was afraid that Soma might've lost bad last episode before the cliffhanger but it's still hard to make out who came 2nd place. Hayama-kun hugging Senpai there out of the blue was really sweet and the additional backstory touching, albeit making it clear who was emerge victorious before the reveal.

It's going to be interesting to see how this trio will fare.

Soma losing to Hayama, moreover, just goes to show he's missing one step to attaining the level away from true geniuses. Certainly a result that's tough to swallow but something for the better, I reckon.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 17, 2020 12:32 AM

Jan 2019
Like the outcome of the battle but I wish they didn’t do the recap right before they announced the it just made it to obvious in who would win
Oct 3, 2020 5:04 PM

Mar 2010
I saw dat coming a mile away, As even his father didn't really win numero uno. And he still is in his fetus stage.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 9, 2021 7:20 AM
Sep 2020
NexMAL said:
I liked it.

Didn't throw an unreasonable curveball as to why Hayama won/soma lost.

Even in the real world, cooking with your own unique specialty and making it taste superior to other dishes, is pretty standard to a good chef.

I liked how Soma didn't reach a peak in his skills yet. I hope he figures out soon that the answer to his lack of specialty is the lack of anyone to dedicate it to. Competitive nature (ex: Soma v Jinchiro, Ryo vs Alice) can only get you so far, and its what Hayama has (ex: Hayama x Jun) that really drive him to be stronger.

WHEN WILL ERINA ACKNOWLEDGE SOMA SO HE CAN BECOME EVEN BETTER

Lucis_ said:
Erina on Eleonora's lap = very cute

Alice*

I 101% AGREE!!!!!
Jan 14, 2021 4:03 AM
Jul 2020
I'm glad it was Hayama who won. Soma is great but he actually lacks a lot of professional experience... This'll make him improve even more! Hayama totally deserved to win
Mar 22, 2021 1:57 PM

Nov 2019
That crappy carpaccio won the competition!? Man, what a let down..
Jul 11, 2021 7:40 PM

Jul 2017
Hayama definitely was the right winner among the three for basically mastering spices to such a level where even a small amount can create an incredible impact of fragrance and taste, and has an identity of near perfection compared to Kurobika and Soma who still are not as solid as he is when it comes down to what the judges looked at.

My big problem with this episode though was having that Hayama flashback that went on for many minutes before the actual announcement. Sure, it's supposed to build up the euphoric feeling of seeing Hayama win after overcoming so many hardships but a lot of this was explained in previous episodes already, and it just felt like spoiling the result a bit that could've gone either way on paper.

The Autumn Election arc was solid but unlike the first season which aged better for me after this rewatch, this arc aged a bit poorly in comparison. The pacing is a definite factor, although its not dramatically bad, but I just wish there was more time put into building up the matches and spending more time researching outside the battles to keep things fresh.

At least the Stagiaire arc is now next and while its short and I also wish it went longer, at least that's a really nice change of pace after this heavy battle shounen-like arc. Real work experience in a restaurant definitely is a good point for characters to grow even further and elevate their strengths and reduce their weaknesses.
Sep 14, 2021 3:06 AM

Nov 2019
At least they had learnt the importance of off-session before the finale, as the characters had shown their traits during this period.

Nevertheless, the finale portrayed an unfair distribution of screen time, especially in a three way competition. It just felt like Kurokiba and Hayama Hayato Akira were only there to uplift Yukihira's performance. A three separate parts of the championship match could have been better, with the reflection getting adapted in a more memorable way, instead of being overloaded information that streched the show.

The sensations when the tastes spread across the tongues and nerve systems, or 'foodgasm' like Mr. Stark700 defined, had been terribly done so far, as I never held any kind of impression similar to those from the first season. Then again, it's just a matter of taste.

In summary, J.C Staff was void of vision, due to their busy and f***-up schedule. Also, I've never got why they had to rush the Autumn Selection, since the following arc would be produced in an even more forgettable way.
SgtBateManSep 14, 2021 3:23 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Dec 1, 2022 7:42 PM
May 2020
Hard Work versus Prodigy; a classic anime trope that has yet to get too cliche.
I am fine with Souma losing to Akira. He can't win all the time, or he wouldn't be a relatable character. And, then the episode goes out of its way to have a post credits scene where we see how expertly Souma is dealing with it, which inspires us all.
Apr 30, 2023 6:53 PM

Oct 2012
as I re-watch this I  always feel robbed that Hayama won and not Soma but oh well. it also foreshadows what will happen to Hayama in time. 
Jul 12, 2023 12:27 PM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Apr 5, 12:18 PM
Jul 2016
The anime starts off great but my interest for it dropped off
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.