Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2016 11:58 PM

Apr 2013
50 episodes is a big ask for me, so before I get into it, I want to know if I'll be able to enjoy the series. How well it handles gender issues is pretty important to me in that respect.

So, how well and how often does it deal with these issues? Is it light and occasional, or heavy and frequent? Accuracy and believability is my main concern.

Thanks in advance!
Nov 6, 2016 9:44 PM
Feb 2014
Well, it does not go deep into the gender issues. It goes for the comedy. I can't say it is accurate mostly because the setting (a complete magical transformation), the basic idea was (with the less spoilers possible):

The MC wanted to be a guy after being magically converted into a woman.

If anything the most serious thing is how the MC discovers her womanhood (while they don't really deal with most aspects of the MC being, biologically, a complete female), and womanhood here can be seen as "learning to depend on a man (ok, on others) and be cute"

Also the treatment of the issue is stereotypical, this anime does not really have a deep message about gender issues. While the MC is tomboyish she is certainly a female.

So, if you want comedy and entertainment, this one is good, if you are looking for a deep message or morals, this one might not satisfy you.
Nov 6, 2016 9:51 PM

Apr 2013
danmarce said:
Well, it does not go deep into the gender issues. It goes for the comedy. I can't say it is accurate mostly because the setting (a complete magical transformation), the basic idea was (with the less spoilers possible):

The MC wanted to be a guy after being magically converted into a woman.

If anything the most serious thing is how the MC discovers her womanhood (while they don't really deal with most aspects of the MC being, biologically, a complete female), and womanhood here can be seen as "learning to depend on a man (ok, on others) and be cute"

Also the treatment of the issue is stereotypical, this anime does not really have a deep message about gender issues. While the MC is tomboyish she is certainly a female.

So, if you want comedy and entertainment, this one is good, if you are looking for a deep message or morals, this one might not satisfy you.
Thanks for the response!

I'm already 14 episodes in (albeit, it has been on-hold for some time), but I quite like it. It can be repetitive and flat at times, but it's enjoyable, all things considered. Has some interesting - though minute - kinda-sorta social commentary here and there, too.

Might not get around to finishing it.

More topics from this board

» Where can I find a full version of the 2nd opening song?

WeabooDoll - Jul 8, 2022

1 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Mar 28, 8:08 AM

Poll: » Tenshi na Konamaiki Episode 12 Discussion

_Dazzle_ - Nov 22, 2015

2 by Amber_4shenfell »»
Jun 24, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tenshi na Konamaiki Episode 5 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 1, 2010

3 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 3, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Tenshi na Konamaiki Episode 4 Discussion

_Dazzle_ - Nov 21, 2015

5 by Destroyer31 »»
Jun 3, 2023 12:16 AM

Poll: » Tenshi na Konamaiki Episode 49 Discussion

jacobpaige - Jun 5, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Apr 23, 2023 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.