Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 5, 2016 9:05 PM

Oct 2008
This the most heavenly beautifully executed episode yet!
Aside from Pikari's solution of buying a storage tablet for Teko, another option/alternative is giving a 128 Exabytes capacity of QSD card (Quantum SD card from Yumemi Hoshino of Planetarian) to Teko, then problem is solved! Even if Teko would be an obasan, the QSD card won't even reach 0.001% of used space.
Aria cat always steals the show with it's adorableness!
5/5.
matias067Sep 5, 2016 9:13 PM

Sep 6, 2016 12:19 AM

Aug 2014
scruffykiwi said:
Nexxkinn said:
Dotty's friend is literally Akira and Aika.
And voiced by literally same VA from Aria.

Cheezus christ. My dream is f*cking come true.
Thank you sato-jun to bring back another cameo from Amano's previous work into another level

Same! I did a little squeel inside when I heard Akari's voice actress. Awesome cameo!

winddevil1 said:

damn i recognized akari but i could hardly hear aika too lol
thanks for pointing that out for me , had to go and recheck ...
btw is there any other anime made by the same guy that looks like aria and amanchu? i'm sure i would like it too

Kaleido Star has a similar feel to it I find although it is bit more a sports anime, although has lots of sol goodness to it as well.

And don't forget that the MC from Kaleido Star is also voiced by Alice Carroll's VA :D
Sep 6, 2016 6:46 AM

Dec 2012
The gift was a very good idea, good job Pikari. The ending was quite emotional *.*
Sep 7, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2010
Gnowmickly said:
Yay~ Hazuki Erino & Saito Chiwa!
Eargasm!
Oh my god, i did not expected that. almost had tears in my eyes. <3
Sep 8, 2016 10:15 AM

Jul 2015
Teko's old friends seemed pretty nice, and I like the idea of what she does with her pictures. Would try that myself if my life wasn't so flipping boring. I swear her dialogue sounds like a poem sometimes, but pretty good poems, so it's fine whoop. Pikari had a nice idea with the digital photo frame.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Sep 8, 2016 1:12 PM

Jul 2008
sddsdd said:
scruffykiwi said:

Same! I did a little squeel inside when I heard Akari's voice actress. Awesome cameo!

Kaleido Star has a similar feel to it I find although it is bit more a sports anime, although has lots of sol goodness to it as well.

And don't forget that the MC from Kaleido Star is also voiced by Alice Carroll's VA :D

Not only voice but Teko old friends First remind me from look Akari for similar hairstyle Second has similar Aika barette
Sep 8, 2016 11:24 PM

May 2010
Man Teko in middle school cutecutecutecute
Her friend is cutecutecute too, the other friend is cute too

I feel her a lot tho, like a lot. The feeling of wanting to treasure things. Also goodbyes are hard. I'm no good with them.

Pikari is so optimistic, a ray of sunshine. I love how she manages to find a good side of everything.
Teko thinks negative, she can't help it. But Pikari changes her slowly, but surely. I love this ship so so much, it's extremely healthy and positive. Just seeing makes me think positive too. Love it.

This friendship is one of the most beautiful things ever.

This is so beautiful. This show knows where to strike, and make it feel good. Plain beauty.
Sep 11, 2016 4:15 AM

Aug 2015
After watching this episode and skimming through this thread and reddit forums with all the Hazuki Erino and Saito Chiwa cameo greatness replies(I know I know I fanboyed like shit when I heard that Hohi sound of Akane? like come on it's literally the same voice as my best grill of all time, also Akane's last name I think is Mizunashi which means ancestor of Akari maybe?, also with her friend sounded as Aika) can we all agree that this episode 9 so far for all the Aria faggots here including me can agree with this shitty theory of mine that it is the epitome of the show's episode title "Memories you can't erase" not only for Teko but also for some of us Aria faggots and the way we reacted on Teko's friends is the proof of that one *goes into the corner and cried like a bitch* like come on that's fcking best grill Akari voice (Hazuki Erino) cameo bruuuh Sato definitely finds a way in this one........... thank you fcking so much
MizunashiSep 11, 2016 4:29 AM
Sep 15, 2016 3:54 AM

Nov 2011
Great episode, Teko becomes the protagonist of the narrative, but Pikari and Ai do not remain aloof, beautiful story, so deep and thoughtful in dealing with the topic in question. The management of many details of secondary importance (although I consider them fundamental), brings even more value added to the narrative. more and more beautiful anime series, his OST is very beautiful to listen to. Another element that I love this anime, it's the fun that can instill in the viewer.
Sep 17, 2016 4:48 PM

Aug 2014
Pikari's speech about the giver being just as happy as the receiver regarding gifts was spot on.

Ierakas said:
I rarely to take any picture, so I don't really get the feeling about why it's not okay to move your images to another storage, it's still in the phone, you still can see it anytime you want, it's just in different path of folder and memory...
Lol I thought I was the only one. Honestly it wasn't that serious.
Sep 18, 2016 12:12 AM

Jul 2016
Kryptiq said:
Ierakas said:
I rarely to take any picture, so I don't really get the feeling about why it's not okay to move your images to another storage, it's still in the phone, you still can see it anytime you want, it's just in different path of folder and memory...
Lol I thought I was the only one. Honestly it wasn't that serious.

lol, I know, right?
Sep 25, 2016 10:51 AM

Apr 2015
What a stupid premise.
Sep 29, 2016 11:46 PM

Jun 2009
30 seconds into this episode: FUCK YEAH, IT'S HAZUKI ERINO!!
Oct 2, 2016 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
The episode was almost perfect, the best one so far!

I say almost because there were few scenes that were ruined by their superdeformed counterparts...
Though I understand those are trademarks of Kozue Amano and that it works in manga, in the anime they are way too overused sometimes.

Still, when opening melody started to play and after Teko recieved their gift.. I have to admitt I shed a few tears.. the ending when her old friend called her was very nice indeed... so great episode!
Oct 2, 2016 5:30 PM

May 2012
Hahi~ oh boy that was a lovely surprise to hear Akari's and Aika's voice actress make an appearance in this one :3 really just nostalgic effect to Aria :33

That said this episode was just amazingly lovely, really loved that perspective change and focus, just wonderful!
Oct 3, 2016 9:17 AM

Apr 2015
Avant title was so good, too cute, picture perfect

Related hard to Teko's speech about getting farther out of touch, I moved a lot in childhood and it obviously happens every time. Natural things when you become an adult but to experience that in your teens when friends are so big in your life is defo a jarring experience. For girls I imagine it would have an even bigger emotional impact

Outstanding episode, maybe the best til this point, maybe the penultimate sequence was a bit dragged but disregarding that this was perfect

I need to watch Aria someday..
LanzOct 3, 2016 9:29 AM
Oct 6, 2016 7:38 AM

Apr 2016
Ai saying Bakari all the time is priceless... (o.o)
Dec 24, 2016 9:53 AM

Nov 2007
Mizunashi Akane is voiced by Hazuki Erino! HAZUKI ERINO!

You can tell how I jumped up from my seat the moment I heard that voice, RIGHT?!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 30, 2016 5:36 AM

Mar 2015
That was a really touching episode. But yeah it isn't about scuba diving so much anymore?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 7, 2017 7:34 PM

Jun 2016
HAHIIII~~~!

AU Akari and Aika definitely made this episode for me. They sound exactly the same! :D
Apr 28, 2017 11:42 AM

Jun 2013
Sweet payoff to one of the core plot threads.

Cloud storage is the future, Teko!
May 16, 2017 10:44 AM

Apr 2015
"Hey, Teko, your phone is out of storage."

Teko's memory dilemma initially came off as a first world problem to me since I have a 5GB phone, but I came to feel bad for her through the course of the episode.

"Stupikari"...don't call my precious green-haired cinnamon roll that, Ai, you bitch.

The digital photo album, huh? I haven't seen one of those in years. My great-grandmother had (has?) one of those. I figured they would just set her up with a Facebook or a Dropbox.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jul 28, 2017 12:22 AM

Dec 2014
wow.. just wow.. i can't say much but it's heartwarming a lot.

i remember i read somewhere kayano ai (teko VA) wants to become seiyuu because she watch aria franchise and now she's playing a direct role with erino hazuki (akari VA) and saitou chiwa (Aika VA), the people who inspire her to become seiyuu. this is somehow made me cry..
Watch aria the animation and it's sequel.
Oct 2, 2017 10:15 PM

Mar 2015
shanimebib said:

You can tell how I jumped up from my seat the moment I heard that voice, RIGHT?!

I almost passed out.

Mar 17, 2018 7:44 PM

Nov 2016
grandy_UiD said:
30 seconds into this episode: FUCK YEAH, IT'S HAZUKI ERINO!!

shanimebib said:

^

The moment the intrumental of the opening kicked in, I was just like"Who left dem onions here ?"

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2019 11:48 AM

Jan 2018
I've never noticed a voice actor cameo so fast in my entire life. Hahi! ( ̄ロ ̄ )

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Nov 4, 2019 7:15 PM

Jul 2016
Being so concerned about maxing out your phone memory? Yeah, that's very Teko-like. I still love her tho.

Fantastic episode overall. I absolutely loved how Teko's introspection was handled and the final sequence with the present, Pikari's hug and the phone call was a perfect way to conclude this already great episode.

By the way, middle schooler Teko is sooo cute >w<
Mar 24, 2020 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
That's so beautiful and it's also pretty relatable how she feels.
I also love the atmosphere of the anime and this sweet ship between Teko and Pikari! <3
Apr 29, 2020 11:14 AM

Feb 2018
Give me more sensei or twins not Teko
Aug 18, 2020 4:29 PM

Dec 2016
Holy shit, i was totally surprised by the Akari cameo.
Hahi ( ̄ロ ̄ )
May 22, 2021 6:39 PM

Jan 2015
I thought Akane's voice sounded kind of unique, so I went to check out her seiyuu's MAL page and saw her Aria credit and a comment section full of "Hahi ( ̄ロ ̄ )"s... right as she said it. Pretty funny
Mar 17, 2023 10:58 PM

Jul 2019
Seeing Teko getting some friends in the past was sweet. I like how close they seemed to be and how close the new gang is as well.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2016

69 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:36 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

186 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

113 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 10, 2023 1:12 AM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2016

59 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 4:17 PM

Poll: » Amanchu! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

63 by Gyarutsundere »»
Sep 1, 2023 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.