Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 3, 2016 10:23 PM

Jul 2016
I think I'd be willing to try it out. But no, you're not shallow for wanting sex in your relationship.
Sep 3, 2016 10:26 PM

Feb 2016
it depends.
while i don't need full on sex, i do need some type of intimacy.
some asexuals don't like cuddling while others do. if they were okay with stuff like that, then the answer is yes. if not, no.

wanting sex in your relationship doesn't make you shallow or anything like that though.

▬▬▬▬▬✿♥✿▬▬▬▬▬
change of heart
Sep 3, 2016 10:39 PM

May 2012
JunkYardHiro said:
Being asexual is extremely rare. Personally, in most cases I think its just another one of those edgy and popular sexual orientations people think they have much like Demisexual, Sapiosexual, etc.

Probably in most cases, yeah. Or then it's just that two people who aren't sexually compatible at all have ended up together which leads one to believe "o I dun care about sex, I'm asexual"

So yeah sexuality is a complicated thing and you don't necessarily figure it out until years later.
Sep 3, 2016 10:46 PM

Sep 2015
lol, I've personally been ignoring the posts in this thread dedicated to tearing apart the existence of asexuality, because honestly, I don't see the need to answer uninformed and ignorant walls of text regarding a person they don't know, but mayhaps I should have, to prevent the continuation of such fatuous and inane remarks.

This girl was not born an asexual. It's a result of PTSD. She was raped in the past, and it has in a way affected her ability to have an active libido. That's all I'm going to say on the matter.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Sep 3, 2016 10:47 PM

Aug 2016
Hachiko75 said:
No. But if you are not happy with your current relationship then dump her. I highly doubt if she is as cold and hateful as you make her out to be that she is giving you any action. Stop treating her like a crappy job and just dump her instead of waiting around for the next booty to come along. This post makes you sound like an asshole.

I kinda have to agree. It's not kool to string people along while looking for a new relationship.
Sep 3, 2016 11:09 PM

Feb 2016
if you want to be in a sexual relationship then it might not be the best to be with an asexual, cuz then you could both end up unhappy!! but you gotta remember that there are all sorts of levels of asexuality. some are willing to have sex with their significant other to make them happy while some could be sex-repulsed. it all depends on the person, so you would need to talk to them about it and learn what kind of asexual they are

EDIT: im asexual so ofc I would be willing to be in a relationship with an asexual, but i have also been in relationships with sexual people and it was fine. im not sex-repulsed, so although i had no drive to do anything sexual with them i still did because i knew they wanted to and it didn't make me uncomfortable or anything. also you probably shouldnt be in a relationship with someone when you have eyes for another person lmao
thebestofwestSep 3, 2016 11:15 PM
-thebestofwest♡
Sep 3, 2016 11:17 PM

Sep 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
Hachiko75 said:
No. But if you are not happy with your current relationship then dump her. I highly doubt if she is as cold and hateful as you make her out to be that she is giving you any action. Stop treating her like a crappy job and just dump her instead of waiting around for the next booty to come along. This post makes you sound like an asshole.

I kinda have to agree. It's not kool to string people along while looking for a new relationship.
"blah blah blah, commenting on unrelated things that i have no inside information on and making weak assumptions regarding entire relationships of multiple people"

gotta wonder why some people even bother touching a keyboard sometimes.

ask for discord server
Sep 3, 2016 11:44 PM

Aug 2016
Duskie said:
JunkYardHiro said:

"blah blah blah, commenting on unrelated things that i have no inside information on and making weak assumptions regarding entire relationships of multiple people"

You said these things yourself in your initial post. >_>
Sep 3, 2016 11:48 PM

Sep 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
Duskie said:

I gave basic plotlines of a 5-month-old story to outline an entirely different point than what you're making. Yeah, I'm aware I should just ignore posts like this, but I think it should be a little more than obvious that the entire story of both of the relationships wasn't perfectly summarised in a couple short paragraphs. I gave the information required to give your point of view on the topic at hand, that's all. :T

ask for discord server
Sep 3, 2016 11:51 PM

Aug 2016
Duskie said:
JunkYardHiro said:

I gave basic plotlines of a 5-month-old story to outline an entirely different point than what you're making. Yeah, I'm aware I should just ignore posts like this, but I think it should be a little more than obvious that the entire story of both of the relationships wasn't perfectly summarised in a couple short paragraphs. I gave the information required to give your point of view on the topic at hand, that's all. :T

Ignore whatever you like but you painted yourself in a bad light with your own words. I wasn't the only person to think this. We're giving you our honest opinions on the information you provided us.
Sep 3, 2016 11:53 PM

Sep 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
Duskie said:

Ignore whatever you like but you painted yourself in a bad light with your own words. I wasn't the only person to think this. We're giving you our honest opinions on the information you provided us.
You're painting yourself in bad light right now, homie.
If you wanna make baseless and crass assumptions like this, then I have no interest in your respect, lol.

ask for discord server
Sep 3, 2016 11:56 PM

Aug 2016
Duskie said:
JunkYardHiro said:

You're painting yourself in bad light right now, homie.
If you wanna make baseless and crass assumptions like this, then I have no interest in your respect, lol.

You asked us if you thought it was shallow and I said that it was. Sorry if its not what you wanted to hear, but you probably shouldn't make threads like this if you can't handle criticism.
Sep 3, 2016 11:58 PM

Sep 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
You asked us if you thought it was shallow and I said that it was. Sorry if its not what you wanted to here, but you probably shouldn't make threads like this if you can't handle criticism.
I can handle any uneloquent propoganda you can muster, sunshine.
But in the meantime, I'll make the most out of making you feel ridiculous, ofc.

ask for discord server
Sep 4, 2016 1:20 AM

Nov 2015
Yes I would. It would even be better then with a normal person (my opinion).
A lover is a person to live your life with and be near you. If you want satisfaction just masturbate. You are male so if you close your eyes won't be any difference.

Sep 4, 2016 2:16 AM

Aug 2009
Considering I have a low libodo (??) and might be a demisexual yeah i could be with an asexual. Most asexuals will have kids, and will probably enjoy kissing. I can't say it'd be bad for me to date an asexual especially a guy asexual since they wouldn't be hounding me for sex all the time. <3
Sep 4, 2016 2:28 AM

Aug 2009
Raimu4 said:
No I want to have children and a good relationship with a woman that isn't looking for attention with a made up mental illness.

A. Asexuals DO have sex to reproduce just aren't attracted to people sexually, so their desires are far less.
B. It's a sexual type it's not a mental illness.
C. Some of them will be good to their partners to help them out?
Sep 4, 2016 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
i wouldn't be with an asexual for the same reason as u OP
Sep 4, 2016 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
No OP, no matter how pretty forums sets you might have, I wouldn't marry you.
Sep 4, 2016 4:48 AM

Jun 2016
VariFox said:
Chandela said:
Gunso knows what's up. +1
Nine short

Chandela knows what's up. +1(of a +1?)

Seriously though, it's hard to find the one you find perfect out there. If she really is that great, you better not lose her buddy.

Sounds like we all know "whats up" :P Although I am surprised to know this topic is still going :O

dakotasapphire said:
Raimu4 said:
No I want to have children and a good relationship with a woman that isn't looking for attention with a made up mental illness.

A. Asexuals DO have sex to reproduce just aren't attracted to people sexually, so their desires are far less.

Heh the only purpose sex serves is to reproduce.
Sep 4, 2016 7:53 AM

Aug 2014
I'm dating an asexual right now. We've learned to love each other without sex.
Sep 4, 2016 8:44 AM

May 2011
Absolutely not. How else am I supposed to show him I love him? Just hugs and gifts? Come on.
Sep 4, 2016 8:51 AM

Aug 2014
If you're asking me whether I feel romance and sexuality are related much then not really, definitely not in our current society. The only reason you should feel that is because "you want to raise a child together", but since that's been pretty surpressed these-a-days there is no need.

I feel like an open relationship is just a lot more reasonable. Like you live together and make life decisions and what not with your SO, but either of you can just have sex with whomever you want. And with an asexual person there is just one person with that "freedom" I guess, since they wouldn't take up on it.

I feel like if I had a relationship with an asexual, they would have no right forbidding me to have sex with others, since to them sex should mean nothing and to me it doesn't.

However that's not the case for you, and if you really need sex with your SO then an asexual partner is not for you. period.

If anything to me, though, a relationship is about trust. You know your SO thorougly and trust them with whatever they do. You tell them everything about yourself, so they don't have a reason to distrust you. You talk about everything that seems worth talking about, you spend time together, hav fun together and hopefully don't have fights. That's basically it, whether physical activities are part of that or not doesn't matter. Although I feel that by that point, you would probably be pretty comfortable with touching each other.

The answer should be obvious by now, but yes I would.
Sep 4, 2016 8:53 AM

Sep 2014
xxxYaoiMaster said:
A lover is a person to live your life with and be near you. If you want satisfaction just masturbate. You are male so if you close your eyes won't be any difference.

a lover is also someone you have sex with regularly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lover

dakotasapphire said:
Considering I have a low libodo (??) and might be a demisexual yeah i could be with an asexual. Most asexuals will have kids, and will probably enjoy kissing. I can't say it'd be bad for me to date an asexual especially a guy asexual since they wouldn't be hounding me for sex all the time. <3

how about telling them that you have no interest in that stuff from the get-go so they don't hound you all the time, as you so claim? <3
Sep 4, 2016 8:54 AM

Jul 2015
ThrashMatto said:
Can the supposed asexual people in here reproduce asexually? no, so you're not asexual.

Can homosexuals reproduce homosexually?
Sep 4, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2012
Sex is something that usually both people want and is an outcome of a relationship rather than a bonus imo. Relationships will involve compromise, but this is one thing I couldn't live with unless I was asexual too. It will always be at the back of your mind
Sep 4, 2016 9:38 AM
Sep 2016
I would, not to say I don't have an active libido, but if I could be happy with someone sex is the last thing on my mind.
Sep 4, 2016 9:45 AM

May 2015
I wouldn't be able to be with an asexual person in a romantic relationship. The sexual part is important for me. It's a fun intimate activity that expresses desiring a person. I want to do it, to feel it and to express it.

I heard some asexual people can have sex, but it's not the same thing. If they don't have the sex drive something will be lacking.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 4, 2016 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
Pink_Ribbon said:
Absolutely not. How else am I supposed to show him I love him? Just hugs and gifts? Come on.

I mean, the way I think of it, what if your partner was to get some kind of illness that prevented them from having sex? Would you leave them?

I understand people have sex to show love, but me and my asexual boyfriend have lasted and continue to last. We're both young, so he could "grow out of" being asexual. Regardless, I believe relationships are about love, and sometimes sex is involved, sometimes it's not, I guess.
Sep 4, 2016 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Clebardman said:
ThrashMatto said:
Can the supposed asexual people in here reproduce asexually? no, so you're not asexual.

You probably think that was intelligent, don't you?
I love Christine

"If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. He will put some things behind, will pass an invisible boundary; In proportion as he simplifies his life, the laws of the universe will appear less complex, and solitude will not be solitude, nor poverty poverty, nor weakness weakness." - Henry David Thoreau

Sep 4, 2016 11:25 AM

May 2011
FalseProphets said:
Pink_Ribbon said:

I mean, the way I think of it, what if your partner was to get some kind of illness that prevented them from having sex? Would you leave them?

I understand people have sex to show love, but me and my asexual boyfriend have lasted and continue to last. We're both young, so he could "grow out of" being asexual. Regardless, I believe relationships are about love, and sometimes sex is involved, sometimes it's not, I guess.

That's something different, in my opinion. By that time, he would already know how much I care since we would have had sex already. So if I'd loved someone for a while and he developed an illness/got injured, I wouldn't leave him. HOWEVER, if I'd just met a potential partner and he revealed to me that he's asexual, my interest would die right there. That's just my view. I know others don't see it like I do, but that's why this thread exists.
Sep 4, 2016 11:30 AM

Mar 2014
There's no way I could do it and that's not shallow.
Sep 4, 2016 11:49 AM

May 2016
Duskie said:
So a recent predicament in my life, was that I shared a special bond with a lovely girl, who is essentially anything and everything I look for in a girl. Gorgeous inside and out, she makes me happy. I was supposed to choose between her and my current girlfriend, who's very reticent and cold. Although I love her, she doesn't make it easy. I spend a lot of my time in my relationship with her unhappy. I can't deny that, as much as I do love her. I saw this as an opportunity to possibly have a relationship that could be more fruitful. I weighed the two together, to the point where I felt like scratching my brains out.
c:

That's a summary of the game, Catherine! Hah! :D

But, in all honesty... yes, I would! I would totally date asexual... just not in my bed, or in my life! I mean, I have a very... VERY active libido, and I like sex, but... not with other people. I can't stand people, and I don't want them in my bed, or in my life! I can have interest for both genders - most likely sexually - but never in a sence, that I would like to have sex with them! Weird, ain't it?

So, yeah. I do see your point, but... if I were you, I would've choosen the asexual girl - hard-ass type ain't my type :)

Oh, and you are not shallow! Not at all! Never think otherwise... kay?!
"Watching a bad anime, is like watching your cat die - it's sad, it's painful, and it's never over too quickly." - Pahatar
Sep 4, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2009
AnimeFreak-San said:
xxxYaoiMaster said:

a lover is also someone you have sex with regularly.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lover

dakotasapphire said:

how about telling them that you have no interest in that stuff from the get-go so they don't hound you all the time, as you so claim? <3

Hey I honestly don't know if I am asexual or demisexual, it's not been proven, all I know is it'd really be a pain in the ass for someone I love to be a sex addict wanting it everyday 2x a day all week. If you're that person to others, go ahead, but i'm not one to think about it.
Sep 4, 2016 1:00 PM

Aug 2009
Otaku-Gunso said:
VariFox said:

Chandela knows what's up. +1(of a +1?)

Seriously though, it's hard to find the one you find perfect out there. If she really is that great, you better not lose her buddy.

Sounds like we all know "whats up" :P Although I am surprised to know this topic is still going :O

dakotasapphire said:

Right, so they're not a burden on society IF they still have children and have a nice stable home. They're really not that much different than others they just don't do things on a whim. and have pregnancies when not wanted.
Sep 4, 2016 1:11 PM

Feb 2016
Why are you still together with your girlfriend if you're not happy anymore in the relationship?

Sep 4, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2015
aliinetje said:
Why are you still together with your girlfriend if you're not happy anymore in the relationship?
Uuuuugh so tired of reading posts like this.
I said I spend a lot of time unhappy in the relationship. As do most people in relationships.
I'm not unhappy all the time - but like I said, I love her.
And when you love someone, generally you work out whatever problems you have. I've been with her for many months now, there's more to a relationship than black and white.
smh.

ask for discord server
Sep 4, 2016 1:28 PM

Feb 2016
Duskie said:
aliinetje said:
I said I spend a lot of time unhappy in the relationship. As do most people in relationships.
And when you love someone, generally you work out whatever problems you have. I've been with her for many months now, there's more to a relationship than black and white.
smh.

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2,5 years and i'm still happy most of the time... It just doesn't sound right if you say that you're unhappy a lot.

I also didn't read all posts, so how would i know that someone asked this before?

Sep 4, 2016 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
xxxYaoiMaster said:

"a normal person"

How would masturbating be no different from sex for man, but not for a woman, provided they close their eyes? Do enlighten me please.

aliinetje said:

also off-topic, but hey fellow Belgian.

ThrashMatto said:
Clebardman said:

He's making fun of you for using the wrong definition of asexual, yes.
Sep 4, 2016 1:44 PM

Jul 2015
ThrashMatto said:
Clebardman said:

No, I'm just trying to figure out wether or not you really believe your first post. You could have clarified your stance on the matter but you apparently prefer to switch to your usual passive-aggressive bullshit... what a surprise...
DeathkoSep 4, 2016 1:50 PM
Sep 4, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
DejWo said:
Duskie said:
smh.

I think you should have enough relationships to fill your happiness meter to the full.
Like find 4-5 more girlfriends.
I think Wayd would gladly be one of them.
Wayd can be a buttboy at the very best.

ask for discord server
Sep 4, 2016 2:20 PM

Sep 2014
Only if they accept my identification as a gay sentry turret.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Sep 4, 2016 2:58 PM

May 2016
ArbitraryMeme said:

Only out of pure curiosity... what a heck is that?!
"Watching a bad anime, is like watching your cat die - it's sad, it's painful, and it's never over too quickly." - Pahatar
Sep 4, 2016 4:48 PM

Jun 2016
dakotasapphire said:
Otaku-Gunso said:

Right, so they're not a burden on society IF they still have children and have a nice stable home. They're really not that much different than others they just don't do things on a whim. and have pregnancies when not wanted.

Couldn't have said it better pally, I think many people can learn a thing or 2 from asexuals on that note (:
Sep 4, 2016 6:37 PM

Sep 2016
This may get to be TL;DR for some people, so I'll summarize it briefly at the end.

So, I have experience here, sorta, and after it I can confidently say: I don't know.

While she wasn't Asexual, the woman I was with had severe sexual repression and aversion. Mainly because she was transgender, and had been forced into a sex life with her (ex)wife where she was in the mentally opposite role she wanted to be. On top of this she was gay (Or straight, if you prefer, though this was before she began transitioning or realized she was transgender) in highschool, living with a family that threatened to kill her over it.

So yeah, very very very repressed, and completely uninterested in the concept. Now, that was a situation where a partner is completely unable/unwilling to have sex as part of the relationship, so it's on the rather extreme end of the spectrum. It did put a strain on things, although I don't actually believe it was a significant contributing factor to us splitting up. While I do have an average or even high labido, I'm also perfectly content using other mediums to satisfy that.

If I were to be in another relationship with an Asexual person (And I have to say; I would hesitate before doing it again, although it wouldn't be a dealbreaker by any stretch) I think there would need to be two important points:

1.) Sex would have to be on the table, if rare. Although I think frustration from not being able to satisfy a partner sexually would contribute as much stress as not having any sex at all.

2.) While I'm okay with sexual apathy, I don't think I could ever be with someone who had an outright aversion to it again. Even if we did have sex it would feel like rape. I couldn't handle that. Even if it was the partner proposing sex to make me happy.

TL:DR You can just read the two points to get what I was saying.
Sep 4, 2016 11:54 PM

Sep 2014
Pahatar said:
ArbitraryMeme said:

Only out of pure curiosity... what a heck is that?!
I sexually identify as a sentry turret which is beautiful piece of weaponry.
Why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg... and my arm... even my fingers. The body I've lost... the comrades I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give back our past."
Sep 5, 2016 12:36 AM

Aug 2009
Otaku-Gunso said:
dakotasapphire said:

Couldn't have said it better pally, I think many people can learn a thing or 2 from asexuals on that note (:

XD Thanks, yeah this is a good example, but freedom to do what you want with whoever we want should be allowed even if it's giving unwanted pregnancies. Although it's not good to make a poor class larger.
Sep 5, 2016 2:17 AM
Sep 5, 2016 6:04 AM
Jul 2018
You gotta do what you gotta do, OP. Anyway, considering I'm asexual myself, yes. We'd be aces with each other
Sep 5, 2016 11:09 AM

Nov 2015
teruu said:
It is impossible for a human female to be asexual.

Yeah so this question is out of the way for me in the first place. Come on Duskie, at least give us hypotheticals that are actually possible.
Sep 5, 2016 11:18 AM

Sep 2015
Trance said:
teruu said:
It is impossible for a human female to be asexual.

Yeah so this question is out of the way for me in the first place. Come on Duskie, at least give us hypotheticals that are actually possible.
You having a girlfriend is out of the question then.
I'm out of ideas.

ask for discord server
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What do you need cash for in your everyday life?

MeanMrMusician - Apr 21

33 by Oofmastre9000 »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk? ( 1 2 )

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

58 by rose »»
35 minutes ago

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

20 by Rhaelynne »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » school uniform or no school uniform which is better? ( 1 2 )

deg - Feb 21

96 by neol3 »»
1 hour ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

5 by Kamikaze_404 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.