Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 31, 2016 8:33 AM

Apr 2013
I'm sure you have all played Would you rather at least once. However for those that haven't. You go through each of the questions, and chose the option you would rather do. Please explain your answers.

#1 Would you rather watch a harem with no fan service or a non harem ecchi. Both have roughly the same quality of story writing

#2 Would you rather watch watch a harem/ecchi with the most pathetic MC ever, but the fan service is uber provocative, or watch a harem/ecchi with the coolest MC ever, but all the fan service is panty shots only.

#3 Would you rather watch a harem/ecchi with an amazing story line, or a harem/ecchi with no story at all

#4 Would you rather get caught fapping to an ecchi series by your mother, or your girlfriend (pretend you have one :3)

#5 Would you rather live in an anime with a harem but you can only go to second base with the girls, or live in a ecchi series with only one girl but you can have as much sex as you like.
Aug 31, 2016 8:41 AM

Sep 2015
1. Ecchi with no harem definitely.
2. Pathetic mc since that is just normal in every harem
3. Amazing story just adds more, I'll go with that
4. Girlfriend definitely, at least she may understand ;_:
5. With only one girl
Aug 31, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2013
Salokannel2 said:
5. With only one girl

Those are all the answers I would pick too.
Aug 31, 2016 8:45 AM

Feb 2013
Salokannel2 said:
5. With only one girl
^this guy know whats up, and probably also knows not all ketchup is tomato ketchup
Aug 31, 2016 8:48 AM

Oct 2013
astrozombie84 said:
#2 Would you rather watch watch a harem/ecchi with the most pathetic MC ever, but the fan service is uber provocative, or watch a harem/ecchi with the coolest MC ever, but all the fan service is panty shots only.
I am just going to leave this here for you guys
Aug 31, 2016 8:49 AM

Feb 2013
I would rather go blind than watch a harem/ecchi.

Aug 31, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2013
badwolf45f said:

You might go blind if you do watch it.
Aug 31, 2016 8:52 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
romagia said:
Salokannel2 said:
5. With only one girl
^this guy know whats up, and probably also knows not all ketchup is tomato ketchup

I agree with all of this. There needs to be more anime that are exactly like this. An amazing story for an ecchi show would be a godsend.
Aug 31, 2016 8:54 AM

Oct 2013
astrozombie84 said:
badwolf45f said:

you mean like this maybe

so sad how that happens to some people
Aug 31, 2016 8:57 AM

Dec 2015
YES: #1- I would pick #1, since I tend to enjoy lots of non-harem ecchi especially if they have a good story-line to them (which some have amazing stories and some are shit which I don't watch). I honestly hate the whole idea of harem and it annoys the shit out of me when the MC is a pussy. There have been only a few harem that I have enjoyed.

NO: #2- I absolutely can't stand pussy MC's. I wouldn't watch it if it was the best anime on the planet

NO: #3-I'd rather watch an ecchi with a storyline, but I'd still prefer #1 where there was no harem involved.

NO: #4- I wouldn't want to get caught fapping by my mom or girlfriend haha although no need to really fap when you have a girlfriend anyways, so not worried about that.

Been There Done That: #5-I already lived #5 in regards to harem in high school and that was fun while it lasted (nothing like getting a handjob by 2 girls in back of science class while 3rd one watched xDDD). Also my ex-fiance is like one of those horny ecchi characters, so that was fun ;).
Aug 31, 2016 8:58 AM

Dec 2015
badwolf45f said:

I would rather go blind than watch a reverse harem

These are just shows not meant for females, thats why I find most shoujo anime appaling, for example :p
Aug 31, 2016 9:00 AM

Apr 2013
Deknijff said:
astrozombie84 said:

you mean like this maybe

lol btw that comment is a double entendre. So you have only solved half of the puzzle. There is a second way you could interpret that comment. Have fun figuring it out.
Aug 31, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2013
astrozombie84 said:
Deknijff said:
you mean like this maybe

lol btw that comment is a double entendre. So you have only solved half of the puzzle. There is a second way you could interpret that comment. Have fun figuring it out.
Pretty sure it's the Christian thing about masturbating making you blind if I'm not mistaken
Aug 31, 2016 9:09 AM

Apr 2013
Deknijff said:
astrozombie84 said:

Pretty sure it's the Christian thing about masturbating making you blind if I'm not mistaken

I don't think its a Christian thing...I think its just an old wives tale. Either way you figured it out.
Aug 31, 2016 9:16 AM
Jun 2016
badwolf45f said:
I agree, I am not a fan of harem or ecchi, unless its something like Nisekoi(harem), with a damn good storyline, and a not so lame MC.
Aug 31, 2016 9:46 AM

Nov 2009
astrozombie84 said:
I'm sure you have all played Would you rather at least once. However for those that haven't. You go through each of the questions, and chose the option you would rather do. Please explain your answers.

#1 Would you rather watch a harem with no fan service or a non harem ecchi. Both have roughly the same quality of story writing

#3 Would you rather watch a harem/ecchi with an amazing story line, or a harem/ecchi with no story at all

#4 Would you rather get caught fapping to an ecchi series by your mother, or your girlfriend (pretend you have one :3)

#5 Would you rather live in an anime with a harem but you can only go to second base with the girls, or live in a ecchi series with only one girl but you can have as much sex as you like.

1) Non-harem ecchi. I've seen enough harems already.
2) I'd rather watch both. But I would start with the coolest MC ever, provided it's my idea of coolest MC ever.
3) Harem/ecchi with amazing story lines are obviously better. Plus, I get to feel superior to anti-ecchi crowd who would never see that awesome storyline.
4) Caught by girlfriend. My hypothetical girlfriend would be a modern person who would understand.
5) I am not greedy. One girl is enough for me.
Aug 31, 2016 9:50 AM

Feb 2015
One answer. I would rather fap to doujinshi/hentai... although, I have fap to X series and it is Ecchi...
Aug 31, 2016 10:00 AM

Apr 2016
First of all ecchi animes got little to no plot and second i despise them :3 so NO
Aug 31, 2016 10:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well both can be done successfully so either should work. If it's got a conclusive ending then I'd say a harem with no fan service. If it doesn't then a non-harem ecchi

#2 Would you rather watch a harem/ecchi with the most pathetic MC ever, but the fan service is uber provocative, or watch a harem/ecchi with the coolest MC ever, but all the fan service is panty shots only.
Definitely the one with the good ecchi but lame MC if so. A good MC alone can't carry an ecchi/harem, it needs to have likable girls to be worth watching. On the other hand a harem can be good even with a weak MC as long as the girls and the ecchi is good

Well if you somehow manage to create one with an amazing story where the ecchi/harem elements don't feel like they're dragging the show down then I'm all for it, but that's extremely rare to see. Realistically speaking plotless ecchi/harem with sexy girls and good fanservice is probably a safer choice. Unfortunately we normally get neither, but instead ecchi/harems with a generic shit story :/

Girlfriend definitely lol, she could at least maybe understand me if so, my mom sure as hell wouldn't

The single-girl ending obviously. You'd have to be pretty retarded to pick the second base harem in real life. Let's face it, harems aren't actually very practical IRL. They work as a fantasy but they should remain a fantasy. One girl is all you need
Aug 31, 2016 10:14 AM

Oct 2015
astrozombie84 said:

1.) Ecchi with no harem elements, provided both do indeed have the same quality of writing. I am not very aroused by ecchi but Harems tend to go on forreeevvvver. You can also have more interesting premises with ecchi rather than harem romances imo.

2.) Coolest MC ever with only panty shots. I can usually only get off to hentai at this point anyway so all fanservice/ecchi feels like cockteasing. Cool MCs however are the shit.

3.) With a good story line, I mean more of a good thing is good right?

4.) Girlfriend, definitely, nothing else to say here.

5.) One girl but as much sex as I like, might as well go the whole way instead of being cockteased by a number of girls.
Aug 31, 2016 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
- A harem with no fan-service comedy is no harem to me boi. Gimme that ecchi.

- I like my diversity and I like dem titties. So the first option is more appealing to me.

- I don't go in expecting any kind of real story so I'm fine with either.

- Girlfriend, definitely. Because that situation is impossible to begin with.

- Assuming I'd want to live in an anime... Tough question. If I went with the harem, I could enjoy a plethora of different ladies; and even if it ends at second base, still derive a fair bit of pleasure from it.
On the other hand, going the ecchi route means we can skip the waifu wars plus lots of sex. I'd go with the latter, I guess. Both sides have their appeal, though.
Aug 31, 2016 5:21 PM

May 2016
Question 2 is so tricky for me...

If i'm going to watch ecchi, the fanservice has to be of quality of course...BUT! I can't exactly have my highest quality ecchi if the MC is super pathetic and run from the girls for example...

You know why? Kissing, groping, and the most important of all, the one only borderline hentais dare to reach, my favorite...boob sucking!

I don't need the MC to be cool or be a good character, all I ask from him is that he is not afraid to grope and suck on some tits when the opportunity comes...Or if he's not going to do it for reasons, at least decline instead of running...
HyperLAug 31, 2016 5:28 PM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 31, 2016 5:53 PM

Mar 2014
1. Ecchi with no harem. Harem's don't interest me, but I don't mind fan service if it has other stuff going for it.
2. Easy, coolest MC ever. I'm all about those cool MCs.
3. Amazing story, that can only be an advantage.
4. Girlfriend, if she breaks up with me over that it's pretty lame, but I don't have to talk to her after that anyway, if she doesn't care than I'm all good. Mom walks in and I have that hanging over me forever.
5. One girl, I hate being teased.
Aug 31, 2016 7:26 PM

Jun 2015
astrozombie84 said:

#1 Would you rather watch a harem with no fan service or a non harem ecchi. Both have roughly the same quality of story writing.

Non-ecchi. Rokujouma is top tier harem anime for good reason.

Can I have neither?

Former

Ahahaha, me fapping to ecchi? Just no. I'm not that low.

What.

OP believes in the fallacy that everyone watches harem for the fanservice.
Aug 31, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
romagia said:
Salokannel2 said:
5. With only one girl

is there really some other ketchup?
4. My mother since she would help me

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 31, 2016 9:30 PM
Oct 2014
1. Non-harem ecchi. I don't mind the occasional harem with no fanservice, but I'll be honest, I prefer shows that are unashamed about pandering to my naughty side.

2. Pathetic MC but uber provocative fanservice. For a harem show, I'm not all that interested in the main character. Hell, Girls Bravo is one of my favorite anime shows, and the MC in that one is the definition of pathetic.

3. I'm going to have to disagree with everyone who said a good storyline is always better. I don't watch harems for their story; I watch it for the humor and titillation. And I'm a self-proclaimed anime casual. I don't necessarily want to get engrossed in a great storyline and wonder what happens next. Most of the time I want to just sit down for half an hour and feel like I've watched a complete story, even a mini-story in a larger story arc. I like my anime episodic.

On the other hand, if by "no story at all" you mean it doesn't have a clever concept or gimmick to get me interested in the first place, I'll admit that that's taking it too far. But I can still enjoy it if it has OPPAI!

4. Girlfriend. At least with her, there's a remote chance she'll take an interest and decide she wants to watch it with me. Ain't no way I'm gonna watch that with my mom!

5. One girl. While it's nice to fantasize about a harem, it is, in the end, still just a fantasy. I'd much rather have a good, committed relationship with one girl than a less fulfilling relationship with multiple girls.
Sep 1, 2016 4:53 AM

Dec 2015
RoyTF said:
First of all ecchi animes got little to no plot and second i despise them :3 so NO

You sir, are a retard. Theres nothing all I can say about ur baseless assumption.
Im sure u have seen like 3 of em at the very best and probably not the good ones
Sep 1, 2016 5:00 AM

Apr 2013
Of course a non-harem ecchi, I kinda grow tired of harem already and I like ecchi.

Since I already know some harem/ecchi with pathetic MCs and provocative fanservice, I'd choose the coolest MC because that's rare.

Obviously the amazing story line, there's no downside here imo.

Girlfriend, my mother wouldn't understand.

Only one girl would be enough for me so I choose as much sex as I like :P
Sep 1, 2016 5:09 AM

Jul 2016
#1 Non-harem Ecchi. Too much harem is bad for your heart.

#2 Coolest MC? Yeah, for some reason this will make the harem good, panty shots can handle it.

#3 With story line of course, but have you found one already?

#4 My girlfriend, hmm, yeah, she did it to me already. She also knew I'm fapping, but not on ecchi

#5 One girl, going all the way is way way better.
SkyWing0Sep 1, 2016 5:32 AM
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Sep 1, 2016 5:25 AM
Nov 2014
#1 Harem with no fan service. Because fan service isn't enough to turn me on anyway.

#2 I'd rather pick the 'cool' MC. I hate indecisive/pathetic people, so MCs like that annoy me.

#3 Is there anyone who would pick a harem/ecchi anime with no story? Maybe some people would pick the 2nd option if it's hentai, but I can't imagine the same thing with harem/ecchi.

#4 I'd rather get caught by my girlfriend. Even if it becomes too awkward, breaking up is always an option. You can always find a new girlfriend, but you can't find a new mother.

#5 Second base is nice, but it's not good enough if I always have to stop there. So I'd rather pick 1 girl and have no restrictions on how far I can go.
Sep 1, 2016 5:27 AM

Nov 2013
I'd watch and like a harem only if it would be as good as TWGOK.
Sep 1, 2016 6:59 AM

Mar 2016
1. I would rather watch ecchi without harem
2. I would pick ecchi (no harem) with cool MC
3. I would pick ecchi (no harem) with story line for sure.
4. I would rather not getting caught
5. Ecchi and one girl
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

70 by omorashi »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

210 by perseii »»
7 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

34 by joseifan »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

125 by logopolis »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

36 by Acctra »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.