Forum Settings
Forums

What is an anime that you can never find people that hate it?

New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 31, 2016 9:36 AM

Jun 2011
Evarinya said:
Katsuo_ said:
Hmmm maybe FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

Unfortunately I've found several haters who think my all-time-fav anime is sub-par and quite a few claim that the 2003 adaptation was miles better (not that I'm saying it was bad but FMAB is waaay better in my books).

Actually, there are always trolls who take it upon themselves to spew filth, no matter what they're watching or reading.

I have only met Brotherhood hater as well. 2003 is far more loved. And I kinda agree with the oldfags on this one... the color palate is more pleasing in 2003. And I don't fault anyone who can't get through brotherhood because of the different colors too much. It was painful for me.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 31, 2016 9:38 AM

Jun 2011
gabrielrroiz said:
CondemneDio said:

Shirobako is mediocre at best, there's not much to hate there.

Back on topic: everything has haters. Popular shows have more than less known ones, or ones that are completely average in every regard.

well it is very easy to hate the delusional filled with childhish positivity way the series portrays the anime industry
6 people would walk out on that show when we played ShiroBako. The oldfags hated it.

Just a note- The newfags hated Cowboy Bebop and Berserk.
Energetic-NovaAug 31, 2016 9:44 AM
Aug 31, 2016 9:44 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Everything, literally everything has haters. Full stop.
Even the top 10 series listed on MAL has it's fair share of haters. Just look at the stats tab on the top series and you'll see. Even if most of them are just trolling

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Aug 31, 2016 9:57 AM

Apr 2013
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Evarinya said:

Unfortunately I've found several haters who think my all-time-fav anime is sub-par and quite a few claim that the 2003 adaptation was miles better (not that I'm saying it was bad but FMAB is waaay better in my books).

Actually, there are always trolls who take it upon themselves to spew filth, no matter what they're watching or reading.

I have only met Brotherhood hater as well. 2003 is far more loved. And I kinda agree with the oldfags on this one... the color palate is more pleasing in 2003. And I don't fault anyone who can't get through brotherhood because of the different colors too much. It was painful for me.

I disagree I think there are more or less the same amount of people on both sides of the fence. For the most part I do like the 2003 but the original content was total shit.

The original content in fma is about

where as the canon is about

There is also alot of great characters that didn't make it into the first series.
With that said I do like the first series, but not as much as the second.

One thing I really like about fma

Something I don't like about the first series

Anyways each to their own but I don't think FMA is more loved. Like I said there are alot of people on each side of the fence.
Aug 31, 2016 10:03 AM

May 2016
astrozombie84 said:
Erased...nobody hates erased...............

Surprise, motherfucker! Erased is a giant pile of dog shit!

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Aug 31, 2016 10:05 AM

Jul 2014
I don't know if I am looking in the wrong place but I have never seen a hater on Space Brothers.

Well it is understandable it is the world's greatest masterpiece afterall.
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Aug 31, 2016 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Zelkiiro said:
astrozombie84 said:

Your just trying to go against the grain. You know you love erased....its impossible not to love.
Aug 31, 2016 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
No such thing, when there is love, there will be hate.

Aug 31, 2016 10:14 AM
Jan 2014
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Cowboy Bebop might be an anime that very few people hate. i mean, whats there to hate in Bebop?

The movie............................................
Aug 31, 2016 10:16 AM

Dec 2015
astrozombie84 said:
Zelkiiro said:

Your just trying to go against the grain. You know you love erased....its impossible not to love.

I've seen chewing gum stuck to the sidewalk with more personality than the characters in Erased.
Aug 31, 2016 10:17 AM

Jun 2013
CondemneDio said:
-Trippwire- said:

I took the liberty of proofreading your post.

Just messing around ;)

Haha :D
I guess my opinion is a minority one. Out of curiosity; what makes Shirobako so good?

It's impossible not to be subjective, but here are the high points for me:
- It's great story about the importance of people supporting one another, the hardships of pursuing one's dreams, and never giving up. It's a very positive show, sometimes overwhelmingly so, but not without moments of despair for it's characters. I can understand why some would see it's positivity as too much/naive.
- If that's your cup of tea, there's an outstanding emotional payoff related to that in episode 23.
- The cast is huge. I will boldly claim it would be difficult for anyone (who sticks with it) to not get somewhat attached to at least one character. Of course, this also means that it doesn't go extremely deep into any one character. That's a knock against it if your into heavy character exploration and development.
- P.A. Works clearly put a lot of effort into the art animation; it feels like a work of love and exudes the passion the creators have for their jobs. I don't know how meaningful that is as a description, but that's what I get out of it.
- Comedy is the most subjective aspect of any show that attempts it, so I'll just say it routinely had me laughing.
- If references to other shows/real life things and self-deprecating humor about the industry are your bag, Shirobako's got 'em.
- Then there's the pure fascination factor; if you've ever been interested in what goes on in making an anime, Shirobako gives a very informative look into it. Situations are clearly exaggerated for the sake of drama and comedy, but without that it might as well be a documentary. It's still ultimately a show about people.
-Trippwire-Aug 31, 2016 10:29 AM
Aug 31, 2016 10:20 AM

Dec 2014
Sword of the Stranger. A lot of people say it's a great movie, and some people say it's an average movie with great animation, but I've never seen anybody hating on it.

Also some people hate the sports genre in general, but I've never seen someone hating specifically on Haikyuu, Hajime no Ippo, Ashita no Joe and some other sports anime.
Aug 31, 2016 10:24 AM
Nov 2014
Boku no Pico has no haters, only tsunderes who can't admit that they love it.
Aug 31, 2016 10:28 AM

May 2016
ITT: People with edgy opinions coming out of the closet for the first time.
Aug 31, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood.
Aug 31, 2016 11:01 AM

Jan 2013
-Trippwire- said:
CondemneDio said:

Haha :D
I guess my opinion is a minority one. Out of curiosity; what makes Shirobako so good?

It's impossible not to be subjective, but here are the high points for me:
- It's great story about the importance of people supporting one another, the hardships of pursuing one's dreams, and never giving up. It's a very positive show, sometimes overwhelmingly so, but not without moments of despair for it's characters. I can understand why some would see it's positivity as too much/naive.
- If that's your cup of tea, there's an outstanding emotional payoff related to that in episode 23.
- The cast is huge. I will boldly claim it would be difficult for anyone (who sticks with it) to not get somewhat attached to at least one character. Of course, this also means that it doesn't go extremely deep into any one character. That's a knock against it if your into heavy character exploration and development.
- P.A. Works clearly put a lot of effort into the art animation; it feels like a work of love and exudes the passion the creators have for their jobs. I don't know how meaningful that is as a description, but that's what I get out of it.
- Comedy is the most subjective aspect of any show that attempts it, so I'll just say it routinely had me laughing.
- If references to other shows/real life things and self-deprecating humor about the industry are your bag, Shirobako's got 'em.
- Then there's the pure fascination factor; if you've ever been interested in what goes on in making an anime, Shirobako gives a very informative look into it. Situations are clearly exaggerated for the sake of drama and comedy, but without that it might as well be a documentary. It's still ultimately a show about people.

Fair enough, these are points I've heard before, and I accept people like the show for these reasons.
I indeed did think the MC was naive, otherwise the characters were ok. The comedy was mixed for me, there were some good moments, but none had me laughing out loud.
My biggest complaint would be the art actually. It feels generic and bland, and the XL moe eyes are not helping the show.
Aug 31, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2016
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Steins;Gate...and Gintama among people who actually watched it.
Aug 31, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2016
who dare to hate trigun it has such great characters and compelling themes.
i have to add slam dunk,future boy conan and romeo blue sky
Aug 31, 2016 11:17 AM
Jun 2011
Samurai Champloo. Some people think it's mediocre, but no one seems to hate it.
Aug 31, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2011
astrozombie84 said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:

I disagree I think there are more or less the same amount of people on both sides of the fence. For the most part I do like the 2003 but the original content was total shit.

There is also alot of great characters that didn't make it into the first series.

Anyways each to their own but I don't think FMA is more loved. Like I said there are alot of people on each side of the fence.

I think it really comes down to the crowd you run with (for me ages 24-50 years old). But honestly, I only know one person who hates either and I got about 200 anime friends IRL because we got like 8 cons a year. I don't think anyone hates FMA one way or another. They may prefer one over the other greatly, but nobody hates FMA all together.
Aug 31, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2013
CondemneDio said:

And that's fair enough, too. Again, it's so hard make convincing points for why you think a show is good when everyone has their own sense of humor, taste in art styles, etc. In regard to art, yeah P.A. Works does have a thing for giant moe blob eyes, which was slightly off putting to me at first. It became less noticeable as all the other great things they do with their animation popped up. Little things like detail in movement and facial reactions. I'm a sucker for that. What did you think of it animation-wise?
Aug 31, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2015
If a show doesn't get much hate, then it just means "This shit ain't worth it" or simply the series isn't popular/good enough to get the hate...

Kappa
Aug 31, 2016 11:24 AM

Jan 2013
-Trippwire- said:
CondemneDio said:

And that's fair enough, too. Again, it's so hard make convincing points for why you think a show is good when everyone has their own sense of humor, taste in art styles, etc. In regard to art, yeah P.A. Works does have a thing for giant moe blob eyes, which was slightly off putting to me at first. It became less noticeable as all the other great things they do with their animation popped up. Little things like detail in movement and facial reactions. I'm a sucker for that. What did you think of it animation-wise?

Animation was fine overall, and quite a few scenes were actually very well animated.
Aug 31, 2016 11:25 AM

Jun 2011
Omkar_Nagwade said:
Cowboy Bebop might be an anime that very few people hate. i mean, whats there to hate in Bebop?

Newfags in my anime club hated it because of the animation. Seriously, I don't get it personally. I didn't like it because there was not enough plot. I wanted more from it. I don't hate it though. Just got disappointed and hated Ed. I would say Ed is my true reason for disliking it but that would seem petty.
Aug 31, 2016 11:31 AM

Jun 2011
Z-Dante said:
If a show doesn't get much hate, then it just means "This shit ain't worth it" or simply the series isn't popular/good enough to get the hate...

Kappa

*truth*

I mean, part of the art of Evangelion is the hate machine that people have against it. People feel so passionate about NGE.
Aug 31, 2016 11:38 AM

Jun 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Omkar_Nagwade said:

Newfags in my anime club hated it because of the animation. Seriously, I don't get it personally. I didn't like it because there was not enough plot. I wanted more from it. I don't hate it though. Just got disappointed and hated Ed. I would say Ed is my true reason for disliking it but that would seem petty.

what a silly excuse , i mean i can understand people hating on the show because of its episodic nature but this is unforgivable
Aug 31, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2011
Ronnay said:

Apart from these kinds of haters, I've never met someone who actually watched the whole series and didn't enjoy it.

That's because you'd have to be downright stupid to devote hundreds of hours to watching something you disliked.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 31, 2016 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
astrozombie84 said:

I think it really comes down to the crowd you run with (for me ages 24-50 years old). But honestly, I only know one person who hates either and I got about 200 anime friends IRL because we got like 8 cons a year. I don't think anyone hates FMA one way or another. They may prefer one over the other greatly, but nobody hates FMA all together.

Well I'm 31 so yeah its not an age thing. I like both series though, and FMA is better when it comes to the early part of the series. There is alot of stuff that FMAB left out. However I think FMAB is better overall. I feel like its a little bit darker plus I find the end of FMAB to be a little more consistent with the central them, and moral of the show.
Aug 31, 2016 12:02 PM
Jun 2015
Spice And Wolf as long as they watched it dubbed. Because the Japanese short of ruined it.
Aug 31, 2016 12:27 PM
Jul 2018
Bleach. This isn´t even a competition.
Aug 31, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2015
Hmm Rainbow nisha ...
No hate at all.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Aug 31, 2016 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Re Zero. There is no reason to hate that anime. Sure you don't hate it right? If you hate it, say so. (So we can obliterate you)

But seriously, it is hard to meet someone who hates Haikyuu, FMAB.
Aug 31, 2016 12:59 PM

Aug 2016
Re:Zero is loved by everyone

There are probably several anime that don't have haters (or at least not a substantial amount). Although I do distinguish between people who are critical/dislike a show and people who are just like "SAO is so poopy".
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 31, 2016 1:01 PM
Aug 31, 2016 1:31 PM

Mar 2016
"Pet Shop of Horrors" because it's hard to hate something you've never seen.
Mrs. Landingham, what's next?
Aug 31, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2015
A lot of people seem to like One Punch Man.
Aug 31, 2016 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
There are no Brotherhood haters, just salty FMA 03 fanboys.

The Tatami Galaxy. I've never seen anyone hate on it, the most negative thing I've heard someone say is they don't like it because they can't read the subtitles fast enough.
Aug 31, 2016 2:03 PM
Jul 2018
I have yet to see someone who hates Mushishi
Aug 31, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2016
I guess you'd have to look for less popular animes. But if I have to give a name from those which I know I'd say Major.
Aug 31, 2016 2:05 PM

Aug 2014
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood has no haters.

Couldn't find any
Aug 31, 2016 2:11 PM

Nov 2015
Haikyuu. Surely no one hates Haikyuu....
Aug 31, 2016 2:44 PM

Oct 2015
romagia said:
spoon-hime is the highest rated most perfect anime in the world. apparently totally unreliable, this anime is impossible to hate
https://myanimelist.net/anime/30120/ plz dont bully

I feel tempted to ruin that perfect rating. Then again, there are more popular shows I want to see crash and burn and make the weebs cry.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Aug 31, 2016 2:49 PM

Oct 2015
Dishonest said:
Never saw anyone hate on Barakamon, Berserk(1997) or any Masaaki Yuasa show, Ghibli movies are also not criticized often.

I've seen Kemonozume get hate because "it looks ugly". Weebs like muh pretty anime lolis.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Aug 31, 2016 2:50 PM

Jul 2009
astrozombie84 said:

I hated it, and certainly also many others. Second half was laughable.

SirKurt said:
Re Zero. There is no reason to hate that anime. Sure you don't hate it right? If you hate it, say so. (So we can obliterate you)

There's a popular MAL club here dedicated to hating Re:Zero, so this is definitely invalid.

Rei said:
They're nonexistent, just like the originality in the forum topics.

The one and only correct answer in the entire thread.
Aug 31, 2016 2:54 PM
Feb 2016
Yeah, I don't like Trigun, but I don't care about it enough to hate it.

I think just shounen ai or yuri stuff has no haters, because people don't care enough to hate on it. Some idiots hate on harem/ecchi shows, but the number of them who've actually watched a harem/ecchi show is pretty minimal.

I haven't seen anyone who has hated on The Tatami Galaxy, yet, though. It's pretty universally beloved.
Aug 31, 2016 2:56 PM
Feb 2016
sjo said:
Dishonest said:
Never saw anyone hate on Barakamon, Berserk(1997) or any Masaaki Yuasa show, Ghibli movies are also not criticized often.

I've seen Kemonozume get hate because "it looks ugly". Weebs like muh pretty anime lolis.

In comparison with Masaaki Yuasa's other shows, Kemonozume is probably the least aesthetically pleasing. It blends a lot of styles together, and there are certainly times in the first episode where it looked like shit. Ping Pong managed to stay pretty consistent... Kemonozume not so much.

Does the art improve after the first episode? I might consider giving it another shot.
Aug 31, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2015
merryfistmas said:
There are no Brotherhood haters, just salty FMA 03 fanboys.
Aug 31, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2013
CheekyKunt said:
astrozombie84 said:

yeah...its called sarcasm you should google it.
Aug 31, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
astrozombie84 said:
CheekyKunt said:

yeah...its called sarcasm you should google it.
Well most people seem to like it based on MAL rankings, so...yeah
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Apr 23

25 by Gator »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

44 by Gator »»
14 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates. ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

51 by Gator »»
15 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

29 by Ratris_Decision »»
15 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

87 by Gator »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.