Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 31, 2016 2:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh that new girl is cute but couldn't take this episode really seriously.

Although for character chemistry, I guess that they make Rokuro and Benio really look like husband and wife. Somewhat of a funny episode I guess.

That cliffhanger though.
Aug 31, 2016 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
Holy fuck! Best-girl Mayura and her big, beautiful tits! XD Maybe this filler arc won't be so bad afterall.

Then again...Ohagi Man did return. XD
Aug 31, 2016 4:50 AM

Sep 2015
Here is the time skip
Rokuro became an ikemen, jealousy inc
This new arc seems to be interesting, and I hope it is
Aug 31, 2016 5:03 AM

Sep 2013
Sigh. I'm debating if I'm gonna put this on hold or not but usually my on hold anime becomes dropped and I don't wanna drop this. That cliffhanger didn't do much for me.

Sae is pretty adorable though the color of her hair kinda bothers me though I can't explain why it does. Benio's new hair pin looks great on her. The ones she had before kinda looks like something a grade school girl would wear if she had pigtails.

Calling it now, the filler arc will end in tragedy with the death of Sae. Gives Rokuro and Benio another reason to train even harder than before because they failed to protect her.

Aug 31, 2016 5:24 AM

Aug 2013
Rokuro became alpha af..

so this is a filler arc?
Aug 31, 2016 5:24 AM

Dec 2014
Very nice episode.

So Mayura is an exorcist now, Cool.

Did the art and animation improve or something? Everything looks sharper to me all of a sudden, Maybe it's cause of the time skip and everyone grew up a little? xD

It was nice to see Mayura and Benio talk about Rokuro and how he's become so diligent.

I love Benio and Rokuro's interactions, Benio blushing is so cute. <3 Both of them do feel like a couple, They should become one already.

When Sae ran upto Rokuro the first I was totally expecting her to say Papa (She did later on though :3), Her eyes are so similar to Rokuro's.
It was really sweet to see both of them taking care of Sae-chan, They felt like a real family. :)
"It's cause your voice was too soothing", Rokuro playing it smooth. XD

So all this is filler? Sae-chan is not canon? That's sad. This arc doesn't seem that bad.
Aug 31, 2016 5:35 AM

Jan 2015
Aaww, Mayura's debut fight against Kegare with the Twin Stars Exorcist. But it's not stop over there, since she's also "fight" for helping Benio instead of improving her cooking ability, but to know more about Rokuro.
And that little girl, she's too damn cute. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 31, 2016 5:41 AM

Sep 2015
It is hard to say whether the new arc a filler or not, as you see the next preview involved the basara which pretty similiar to the recent finished arc in the manga. So there is 2 explaination for the current flow in the anime:
1. Its actually the same manga story with a little bit of changes and some new add-in character Sae just like the stupid fox. or
2. The anime is really trying to have a new story and ending different from the manga. After all they did make some changes here and there(which we called them fillers) in the anime.
3. Maybe it is just simply a filler arc. But I do think that people need to recognize sometimes what is not showed in the manga means its a filler, there is also plenty of anime different from the manga. Of course mostly the story is changed stating from half way.
valvravetruthAug 31, 2016 5:46 AM
Aug 31, 2016 6:25 AM

Dec 2015
lol @ this pointless attempt to make Mayura relevant.. but other than that this new arc looks really interesting. Really liking little Sae-chan. shes too cute!
Aug 31, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
Didn't expect much but this was an interesting start for the anime original arc. I like how they're trying to slowly reveal Rokura's background.

Sae was adorable. Such a shame she isn't even in the manga.
Aug 31, 2016 6:49 AM

May 2015
First half is just embarrassing, Second half of the story ....the follow up is too cliche. First half they talk about making babies and next half they become papa and mama. Too obvious follow up .LOL.
Aug 31, 2016 6:51 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I really liked this. I'm all for filler if it really progresses the relationship between Rokuro and Benio. Seriously, these two are great together everytime now.
Aug 31, 2016 6:54 AM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Probably the better episode in a long time for me. At least the little kid squealing level was at a minimum and the two MC's could actually look at each other without the yelling/screaming. Either they matured a bit or my hearing is diminished...either way the episode has some nice calm parts and some nice fights. The rest was pretty much like rice cake......
Aug 31, 2016 7:28 AM
Nov 2015
I could tell that was filler without even being a manga reader.

Impressive.

2/5
Aug 31, 2016 7:32 AM

May 2012
I found it a pretty enjoyable start to the arc.

Rokuro turned into a handsome dude

That talk between him and Benio was too cute lol

Aug 31, 2016 7:38 AM
Jul 2018
SimplyKairi said:
lol @ this pointless attempt to make Mayura relevant

Quoted For Truth!
Aug 31, 2016 7:41 AM

Apr 2015
more ohagi man yay

not as good as the first time though ;=;
Aug 31, 2016 8:03 AM
Aug 2016
They still talk about a basara, so i presume it does keep to the current somewhat. But the addition of Sae is definitely uniquely manga.

How far a timeskip between episode 20 and 21? That would determine how far it needs to catch up to the manga.
Aug 31, 2016 9:30 AM
Jul 2018
Mayura is an exorcist now! Sae is so cute!
Aug 31, 2016 9:36 AM

May 2014
This was interesting.
P.S. How long do you think this filler arc will last?
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Aug 31, 2016 9:49 AM
Apr 2016
Pretty good episode, but I had no idea this would be a filler arc till I read this thread.
Cant wait for next episode.
Aug 31, 2016 10:29 AM

Oct 2013
It's a filler so ?... it could be fun to see this little girl as their "adopted child" ... if you know what I mean
Aug 31, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2014
Wow Rokuro has become popular and is somewhat of a ladies man now. He and Benio really feel like actual parents now that they're taking care of Sae. But of course the highlight of this episode was the long-awaited return of Ohagi Man.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 31, 2016 11:04 AM

Apr 2014
CrotakuShinobi said:
This was interesting.
P.S. How long do you think this filler arc will last?

8 episodes according to crunchyroll.
Aug 31, 2016 11:20 AM

Oct 2014
I really couldn't take a show seriously when the main plot consisted of 12 grown ups trying a get 2, 14 year old children to have a child of their own together...

But now that they're two years older everything's fine :D

NOPE it's still stupid
Aug 31, 2016 11:26 AM
Aug 2015
Sae totally looks like Mayuras and Rokuros child, coming/sent from the future....
Aug 31, 2016 11:38 AM

Apr 2015
Is it just me or do Benio and Rokuro look a little older now?
Aug 31, 2016 11:43 AM

Apr 2014
MDM98 said:
Is it just me or do Benio and Rokuro look a little older now?

That's because of the 2 year timeskip.
Aug 31, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2013
Rokuro is taking things seriously and has matured :O
Benio showing a bit of her feelings and the return of ohagi man :)

Sae a cute, but she will probably be dead by the end of the arc :'(
Aug 31, 2016 12:07 PM
Oct 2014
So confused. The plot is so cliche but the character development between Benio and Rokuro is actually really well done. Never thought I'd see the day a Tsundere doesn't just alternate between extreme tsun and extreme dere. Rokuro is also becoming an extremely likeable character for me. Honestly surprised how well the show has managed to evolve from first couple episodes I couldn't stand. Oh and Mayura. Nice to see her at least trying. That's more than a lot of childhood friend characters have done.
Aug 31, 2016 1:26 PM

Jun 2013
so we the filler arc has started and they both look older which is good
Aug 31, 2016 3:34 PM

Jan 2008
The animation and artwork was looking good... til they started changing and then the derp faces came out. Was really hoping for an improvement but I guess I shouldn't anymore at this point. Their eyes are really awkward too.

Lol at Rokuro being such a bishounen.

I guess this filler arc will be about them playing parent.
Aug 31, 2016 4:04 PM

Jun 2015
First of all, I really like the new looks of the characters and Rokuro x Benio is life
Second of all, DAMN SAE'S CUTE!
Aug 31, 2016 4:06 PM

Jun 2015
ichii_1 said:

Dead? what's this,
?
Aug 31, 2016 4:15 PM
Mar 2015
I'm sorry, didn't the guy with the braid in front die? What's he doing still kicking around?
Aug 31, 2016 6:42 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I'm not opposed to a time skip, especially now that Rokuro is making all the girls thirsty. It just felt out of nowhere.

Benio is craving that baby making. Time to get to work Rokuro!

Well I owe myself 20 bucks. As soon as I saw Sae I said "I bet 20 bucks she calls Rokura papa". This show really does try to hit every cliche it comes across. She's literally the "kid before the kid", and I've always hated plots like that.
Aug 31, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2008
ShadowMonkey said:
ichii_1 said:

Dead? what's this,
?

They're probably saying that because she's a filler character as the manga is further and does not have her. Though I wouldn't be surprise if she just disappears, leaves or is a bad guy. And not to mention Haruka is still here despite also being a filler character.
Aug 31, 2016 6:49 PM

Aug 2014
I like the sudden shift in character maturity, definitely more to my liking compared to before.

I'm betting Kamui's the one who opened that hole.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Aug 31, 2016 7:04 PM
May 2009
Ahhh poor Sae.. this girl isn't even in manga. so a filler arc that is.. All I can think of is this kid is probably from the future and will be coming back when the arc ends (Obviously, Mayura and Rokuro's child). OR she could be a main antagonist that hasn't debuted in manga yet. Last but not the least, she will be a character sacrifice for our protagonist to strengthen their bonds.

If this girl dies, I'd curse this anime for using too much kid sacrifices including those from Hina's dorm.
Aug 31, 2016 8:02 PM
Mar 2015
The miko does appear to Rokuro during the Basara arc. Maybe she is making an early appearance
Aug 31, 2016 8:51 PM

Jul 2016
I'm glad I didn't drop this series. The going was rough for a while, and though it's still not great, it's gotten a lot better over the last few episodes.
Aug 31, 2016 9:29 PM
Nov 2015
Holy shit, holy shit... that Sae kid is going to die in the upcoming episodes isn't she. She's absolutely adorable please dont die on me (;ω;) cute is justice after all. Anyway Rokuro is becoming more popular i can sense jealousy coming if that keeps up. And that husband and wife talk is bad for my heart so cute
Aug 31, 2016 10:31 PM

Jun 2015
Feels like a good episode a lot of the character development is paying off except... I don't exactly feel like whenever they mention how much they've grown over 2 YEARS has a lot of impact because of well timeskip.

I could take the maturity and growth of the characters as feasible rates but it felt really ham fisted this ep like, "Hey! Just to let you know we did a 2 year timeskip! We're going to mention it like 10 times in the first 10 minutes!"
Really my biggest gripe with the episode despite what a lot of people are calling out as a cliche anime only character who seemed fine to me.
Aug 31, 2016 10:38 PM

Oct 2011
Time skip and Rokuro and Benio looked amazing. Sae chan has Rokuro eyes and the same color hair as Benio eyes. Omg
Sep 1, 2016 1:18 AM

Jun 2013
It's an Alright episode. The little girl is cute.
Sep 1, 2016 2:38 AM

Dec 2015
I can careless if it's filler as I have zero interest in manga so it makes no difference to me. I like how Rokuro and Benios relationship has been and look forward to continue seeing them grow. Even the typical cliches that are seen don't bother me. Compared to the first half of the series I think it's been improving overall
Sep 1, 2016 5:44 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
This was a great episode

Its nice to see that they are able to fight more or less perfectly and now and as a team. Rokuro and Benio look so cool in those black uniforms.

And its nice to see Mayura follow the footsteps of her father and become an exorcist herself.

Lol Mayura giving Benio a romance manga to help her in her love life.
And it looks like things are starting to get serious between Benio and Rokuro.

That little girl though is so adorable and cute and she has to be a genius with a memory like that
Well i guess by taking care of her they can get some experience in raising children which they can use when they have a baby sometime in the future.

feels like something big is gonna happen soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2016 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
sai chan is so cute..... I hope there isn't any thing secret about her..... like she may be a villain in disguise or such.....
Sep 1, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2015
Is it just me or is this getting better and better? I really enjoyed this episode.

Sae-chan living with them was really adorable and it somehow makes the picture whole.

Great episode.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2016

99 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 7, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.