Forum Settings
Forums

What ideas you think anime industry hasnt done yet?

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 30, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2013
Also, I would like to have more animes with the setting of the cliched, bad horror movies where a lot of people is gathered and some monster/serial killer/spirit starts to kill them one by one. The cast would be big (17/20 people at least) and have the typical tropes of those movies, we would have characters like the stupid bimbo, the guy who starts joking and dies the first, the unlikeable prick... and situations who would end being unintentionally hilarious due the stupidity of the characters.

Basically something like Mayoiga + Danganronpa. That would be beautiful.
Aug 30, 2016 1:32 PM

Apr 2013
Robiiii said:
IndigoBangarang said:
hmm, I cant think of that many but anyways...

+1 on gay/bisexual harem

A really ridiculous horror/comedy slasher kind of anime,it shouldn't be serious at all, just a lot of blood splashing and jumpscares. Definitely more focused on the comedy aspect of it.

Idk, I'd definitely like to see more feels-y (or just romance/harem) VN adaptations,similar to KEY stuff... I know adaptating VNs is kind of controversial, but most of it is still better than freaking mobile game adaptations.

Also, another really weird one.... I want to see a legit stupid reverse harem. Like make the female protagonist dense af, make her fall on guys crotches and make her walk in on guys changing. And of course the guys also have to act like all the typical harem archetypes. Have a tsundere guy yell "aaa baka baka you saw my ochinchin!!!!" If done right,this could be the funniest shit ever.

on a more serious note,maybe more varied fantasy settings? We have enough medieval-esque rpg inspired stuff. elf girls,dragons, magic swords and potions get boring after a while.
Maybe a setting based on ancient antique cultures? or somethings steampunk/18th century related? Or just some straight up wacky shit involving dinosaurs and building rollercoasters on the moon XD

The really stupid reverse harem idea indeed sounds like THE FUNNIEST SHIT EVER XD
If this helps, there actually exists a harem manga where the protag is gay but he ends up being caught in stupid situations n sht
If u want I can link you it :p

Also since u sound like u want to see a new-ish setting then theres a manga where the guys are in a dungeon and try to survive and eat weird sht lol

well, I think there is a manga for literally anythings xD too bad most will never get animated.

Dungeons kind of fall under the rpg fantasy category though? then again I'm still open to it being presented in a new/unique way. I'm just tired of the OP protag fighting monsters with some elf/cat girl harem on the side.
Aug 30, 2016 1:41 PM

Sep 2015
Four words.

Lord of the rings

You get me?
Aug 30, 2016 1:41 PM

Jun 2015
like someone above said, more steampunk anime would be hella awesome, imagine things like airships, walkers in combat and MC is an avid mechanic or a poor inventor

what about an anthology/hyper link cinema anime that has multiple short stories with different settings and time but are all connected for a greater meaning. it's kinda like the Animatrix, but need more connection, like Pulp Fiction, or even better with historical and future settings like Cloud Atlas.

what do you think?
Aug 30, 2016 1:45 PM
Nov 2015
A serious survival anime with a above average old guys against calamities. It could be SnK with older charcaters. Something like The Walking Deed.
Or a story with no MC getting powered up for plot purposes. I don't know how to express it. But it's something like Game Of Thrones where there's a lot of throne claimer and no you can't know who's the one the authour will choose as the last one standing.
Aug 30, 2016 2:04 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i'd like

an all female swimming anime

an all female volleyball anime

an all female basketball anime (non loli, since we have one)

a twerk team anime

an all female modeling anime

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 30, 2016 2:09 PM

Aug 2016
I want a shonen manga about a generic guy playing hockey BUT A DBZ VERSION OF HOCKEY!
Aug 30, 2016 3:55 PM

Apr 2014
YaoiMaster said:
Still waiting for a proper zombie anime void of ecchi and comedy. Still waiting for a serious zombie anime... still waiting.

Try I Am a Hero. It's manga but it might be what you're looking for.
Aug 30, 2016 4:19 PM

Aug 2014
Bardoh said:
An Esports anime.

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure if Japan has a big esports scene to inspire the idea into an actual anime.
Aug 30, 2016 4:22 PM

Nov 2008
PatheticRanger said:
Bardoh said:
An Esports anime.

That's a good idea, but I'm not sure if Japan has a big esports scene to inspire the idea into an actual anime.

They could create anime that centers on the fighting game community.

Aug 30, 2016 5:04 PM

May 2016
thegreatnathyboy said:
Four words.

Lord of the rings

You get me?
I feel like if anime tried high fantasy of the level of Lord of the Rings, it would utterly fail. People talk about worldbuilding in anime all the time, but the fact is that there's rarely any anime that really expands its world to the extent that LoTR did, and I use "rarely" as a really loose conditional, because I'm fairly certain there isn't.

In addition, I think any attempt at really trying to bring that about would be difficult and likely fail. One because I don't know anyone in the industry who can ado it, and two because I think a Japanese high fantasy experience should be centered primarily on Japanese mythologies, legends, and lore, which I think is vastly more esoteric, if taken seriously, to most people as opposed to how normal the concept of elves/dwarves/orcs are in the West.
Aug 30, 2016 5:08 PM
Aug 2015
sasalx said:
An ecchi+harem series with clever male main character.

Shots

Isn't that what Bakemonogatari basically is? Lol.
Aug 30, 2016 5:10 PM
Aug 2015
A well-developed, fleshed-out and interesting dark fantasy world that isn't a virtual reality, or that has nothing to do with our world.
Aug 30, 2016 5:14 PM

Sep 2015
Idiots_on_MAL said:
I`m still waiting for an anime about professional gaming. I think anime is perfect for this idea, because you would be able to portray how a gamer is slowly immersed into an imaginary world and how his thoughts gradually change over time (Beginning = Nothing serious and just having fun; Professional = This is my life and I have to dedicate 10 hours a day to this)
I remember looking through Facebook and saw a 'news' thing that Gamespot were showing a trailer for an anime based on E-sports. Though I literally could not find any other sources on that (even Japanese ones).

As for me personally, uhhhhh court room drama? Hockey? An adaptation of Holyland?
Aug 30, 2016 5:14 PM

Sep 2012
On_the_Lam said:
sasalx said:

Shots

Hmmmm....

Well I can't say Araragi is braindead but not clever too.

Usually every girl rekt her with dialogues.Espacilly Ougi.But like I said it's %50-50 maybe we can add it becuase of the lack of anime in this category.

And he didn't pick the best girl.Boooo
Aug 30, 2016 5:17 PM

Apr 2014
An underwater world where they fish for creatures of the land, I think this sounds cool.
Aug 30, 2016 5:17 PM

Sep 2015
CondemneDio said:
An anime depicting Europe realistically.

A good horror anime.

A card game anime that is good instead of trying to sell cards to oblivious kids.
Maria the Virgin Witch fits 'depicting Europe realistically' kind of. At least in it's warfare aspect.
Aug 30, 2016 5:26 PM

Dec 2012
An anime where the characters play some tabletop RPG is something that I've been wanting since forever, basically. Could be comedy, drama, slice-of-life, or whatever.

I'm actually surprised that it doesn't exist yet, considering that TRPGs have a strong following in Japan, from what I've heard, having many different systems published, a bunch of "replays" (basically, game recordings/dramatizations), and even some anime that have a strong relationship with those (like the Lodoss series).
Aug 30, 2016 5:41 PM

Apr 2015
Series that take place in Europe during the first half of the 20th century.
I'm not talking about a steampunk alternate future. I mean like actual 'similar to real history' kind of thing.
Outside of the Fullmetal Alchemist series and Gosick, I'm not aware of any others.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Aug 30, 2016 6:29 PM

Mar 2016
The love triangle you mentioned seems fun. I'd watch that. Personally not if it had bisexual dudes.

Click the banner for anime lists, discussions, reviews, and let's plays!
Aug 30, 2016 7:25 PM

Jun 2008
I'm not 100% sure, but I haven't seen the following in anime:

Brain in a vat.... Basically, a matrix type anime, obviously it doesn't have to be about the Matrix, but a story about a person finding out he's living in a simulated reality he believes is real but is not....thus questioning his entire sense of what "real" is.

AND FOR FUCKS SAKE, NO! I DO NOT MEAN FUCKING OTAKU STUCK IN A GAME WORLD SHIT!
Aug 30, 2016 7:38 PM

Aug 2016
"Huh huh, I'm looking for a "schoolboy gets caught in video game world" anime. Too bad there's no anime like that around and only cute girl shit anime"

The best ideas to resort to for the anime industry or ideas that are so over the top stupid that it becomes a legitimate idea. Ideas for new anime types have the luxury to be really creative because in most cases the art style supports the fact that it's far from real life.
Aug 30, 2016 8:28 PM

Dec 2012
JustALEX said:

Brain in a vat.... Basically, a matrix type anime, obviously it doesn't have to be about the Matrix, but a story about a person finding out he's living in a simulated reality he believes is real but is not....thus questioning his entire sense of what "real" is.

Hum...
I actually know one that does pretty much that, but saying it would be a spoiler of the few last episodes... =/
Aug 30, 2016 8:38 PM
Oct 2014
sasalx said:

Shots

Have you seen Aestetica of a Rouge Hero? The MC is a clever bad ass who does the most dickish shit to produce results when no one expects it. I don't know if it is considered to be a harem, but you can tell a lot of the female characters want the D, and he does pervy shit regularly. The character designs might throw you off, but I quite like the characters themselves.
Aug 30, 2016 8:48 PM

Sep 2012
FrostDraco said:
sasalx said:

Shots

Have you seen Aestetica of a Rouge Hero? The MC is a clever bad ass who does the most dickish shit to produce results when no one expects it. I don't know if it is considered to be a harem, but you can tell a lot of the female characters want the D, and he does pervy shit regularly. The character designs might throw you off, but I quite like the characters themselves.

Hmmm seems like a harem.Will check it out.
Aug 30, 2016 9:13 PM

Jun 2014
Has anime ever created an anime where a grown man has sex with a shota in a car?

Oh wait they have.

Has anime ever created an anime where a sister eats her own brother and he enjoys her eating him?

Oh wait they have.
Aug 30, 2016 9:43 PM

Dec 2012
Kagami said:
Has anime ever created an anime where a grown man has sex with a shota in a car?

Oh wait they have.

Has anime ever created an anime where a sister eats her own brother and he enjoys her eating him?

Oh wait they have.

Has anime ever created an anime where a girl raises fruit flies in her own ears as part of an university research project?

Oh wait they have.
Aug 30, 2016 10:07 PM
Apr 2016
Two words: ballroom dancing :)
There are at least two manga about that are worthy of anime ^^

Have a nice day :)
Aug 30, 2016 10:08 PM
Jan 2016
It's been done as an one-shot manga, but the anime world really needs a harem series with a gay MC. That is surrounded by girls. With all those shitty over-used tropes, with tsunderes, boob-grabs, crash-into hellos and whatnot. But with a gay MC. That, if done well, would be absolutely revolutionary.
Aug 30, 2016 10:22 PM

Feb 2014
Historically accurate period anime besides Samurai anime (I think) are non-existent as far as I know. So a historically accurate (as much as possible) war drama set in Europe or preferably anywhere else outside Japan.

JustALEX said:

It's hard to name it without spoiling the show a bit, but

is what you're looking for.
VhailorAug 30, 2016 11:19 PM
Aug 30, 2016 10:30 PM

Dec 2015
I haven't seen any lovecraftian stories I believe. Lovecraft lite is possible too.
Aug 30, 2016 10:46 PM

Dec 2015
Victinimad said:
Robiiii said:

There is a yuri harem. I have a link if u want :p

What? Seriously! Please give me the link.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/86420/Tachibanakan_Triangle
Have fun lol :p

OtakuDaikun said:
The love triangle you mentioned seems fun. I'd watch that. Personally not if it had bisexual dudes.

I wouldnt like to see that either. Only girls are bi pls
Aug 30, 2016 10:50 PM
Jul 2018
Fucking werewolves man. There's like only 10 anime involves them and they're not the same thing you would find o the western movies and shows.
Aug 30, 2016 10:52 PM

Sep 2009
An ecchi-harem where the MC is a girl, and all of the harem members are traps.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 30, 2016 10:52 PM

Apr 2015
A military anime that depicts Japan's view of WW2 and glorifies it would be one thing I will look forward to.
Aug 30, 2016 11:14 PM

Jan 2013
amk_2397 said:
CondemneDio said:
An anime depicting Europe realistically.

A good horror anime.

A card game anime that is good instead of trying to sell cards to oblivious kids.
Maria the Virgin Witch fits 'depicting Europe realistically' kind of. At least in it's warfare aspect.

It has magic and stuff though. The martial combat is superb, but as an anime it fails to be a realistic depiction of Europe.
Aug 30, 2016 11:45 PM

Jul 2013
sasalx said:
>Implying the Monogatari Series is not full of best girls.
Aug 31, 2016 12:55 AM

Feb 2010
Villain protagonist that defeats the good guys and accomplishes his goals. Something like dr doom the animu.
rjimenezAug 31, 2016 1:00 AM
Aug 31, 2016 1:58 AM

Jul 2014
Robiiii said:
Victinimad said:
I might have missed this somewhere but I would really like to see either a Yuri harem or a Yaoi harem.

There is a yuri harem. I have a link if u want :p

What? Seriously! Please give me the link.[/quote]
https://myanimelist.net/manga/86420/Tachibanakan_Triangle
Have fun lol :p

Thanks! The cover looks really grear. Can't wait to read it. But it is seriously a shame that stuff like this isn't an anime.
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Aug 31, 2016 2:03 AM

Sep 2015
Yudina said:
thegreatnathyboy said:
Four words.

Lord of the rings

You get me?
I feel like if anime tried high fantasy of the level of Lord of the Rings, it would utterly fail. People talk about worldbuilding in anime all the time, but the fact is that there's rarely any anime that really expands its world to the extent that LoTR did, and I use "rarely" as a really loose conditional, because I'm fairly certain there isn't.

In addition, I think any attempt at really trying to bring that about would be difficult and likely fail. One because I don't know anyone in the industry who can ado it, and two because I think a Japanese high fantasy experience should be centered primarily on Japanese mythologies, legends, and lore, which I think is vastly more esoteric, if taken seriously, to most people as opposed to how normal the concept of elves/dwarves/orcs are in the West.

i can still dream

i think it could work but it really depends on how well the lotr films did in japan. if there is actually some interest there it could be worth it
Aug 31, 2016 2:36 AM
Aug 2015
sasalx said:
On_the_Lam said:

Hmmmm....

Usually every girl rekt her with dialogues.Espacilly Ougi.But like I said it's %50-50 maybe we can add it becuase of the lack of anime in this category.

Judging from your favorites, is Suruga best girl according to you? But she's a lesbian.
Aug 31, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2012
Illyricus said:
sasalx said:

Don't say anything to others but I don't like hitagi that much.Only her.
On_the_Lam said:
sasalx said:

Hmmmm....

Judging from your favorites, is Suruga best girl according to you? But she's a lesbian.

From Wiki:
She considers herself a lesbian, fujoshi, lolicon and masochist. Her hobbies include reading yaoi literature and playing basketball. Although her sexuality is clearly homosexual, she does not have a hard time interacting with males, and even goes so far as to make aggressively flirtatious remarks when she is friends with the person she talks to (i.e. Araragi). According to Tsubasa, this aspect of Suruga's character is unsettling, describing her as "polite but inconsiderate"

Soo yea.
Aug 31, 2016 3:37 AM
Aug 2015
sasalx said:
Illyricus said:

On_the_Lam said:

From Wiki:
She considers herself a lesbian, fujoshi, lolicon and masochist. Her hobbies include reading yaoi literature and playing basketball. Although her sexuality is clearly homosexual, she does not have a hard time interacting with males, and even goes so far as to make aggressively flirtatious remarks when she is friends with the person she talks to (i.e. Araragi). According to Tsubasa, this aspect of Suruga's character is unsettling, describing her as "polite but inconsiderate"

Soo yea.

I almost forgot how pretentious the characters of the Monogatari series are. Tumblr users in anime form, basically.
Aug 31, 2016 3:56 AM

Sep 2012
On_the_Lam said:
sasalx said:

From Wiki:

Soo yea.

I almost forgot how pretentious the characters of the Monogatari series are. Tumblr users in anime form, basically.

Ikr...Me too prefer watching a cringe tsundare girl in a relationship with a cringe man.It's like facebook users in anime form.
Aug 31, 2016 4:33 AM

Oct 2015
Man from a generic medieval fantasy world gets transported to our world and has to become accustomed to modern life, dealing with different obstacles along the way.

Basically reverse-isekai
Aug 31, 2016 4:35 AM
Aug 2015
sasalx said:
On_the_Lam said:

Ikr...Me too prefer watching a cringe tsundare girl in a relationship with a cringe man.It's like facebook users in anime form.

Can you be a bit more precise on who you're referring to? Toradora? LOL
Aug 31, 2016 4:36 AM

Mar 2016
Im waiting anime about gaming.
And something like from movies Source code and Edge of tomorrow where when you die, u respawn from same position u started so u can do it better and not do same mistakes again.

Sorry for my worst english!
Aug 31, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2015
sasalx said:
On_the_Lam said:

Don't mind me I'll just take a seat and watch.
Aug 31, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2013
I want more anime where the protagonist is not a human, stuff like Overlord is so refreshing.
Aug 31, 2016 4:47 AM

Jun 2016
An ecchi+harem,mature series w/ clever and manly Protag who could take care of his love interest. not a pussy jut like typical Japanese MC. pretty much like Mushoku Tensei. such a shame MT doesn't get an anime adaption. but here, i am still hoping T_T. . .
Mushoku Tensei is the best harem light novel out there and Rudeus is my man'. . .
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

14 by iiKonata »»
58 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
4 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

118 by Teirayo »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

26 by redorzo »»
8 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 7 hours ago

14 by Zarutaku »»
17 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.