Forum Settings
Forums

Are most of otakus really unsocial and somewhat desperate anime addicts?

New
Aug 29, 2016 10:55 PM
Mar 2016
I think we've all met some people who claim themselves to be sad people who spend the whole day in dark room under blanket, binge watching anime and don't have any social life or friends. Are such people really so common or are people just joking around?
Personally I can say I'm not too social, I have couple close friends but instead of hanging around with them I'd often rather watch anime the whole day.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2016 10:59 PM

Mar 2016

-Anime fans are very open if they meet people like them ( like the rest of the world )
SeiryusAug 29, 2016 11:12 PM
Aug 29, 2016 11:11 PM
Jul 2018
Anti-social seems to be quite a strong word nowadays. Its negative connotation actually suprises me. I really don't want to join this discussion because it's so stupid, so I'm just going to point out a few things. Firstly, a more accurate word (than anti-social) would be "introverted". I'm an introvert, but I'm not anti-social per say. I never avoid people. However, to answer your question, no, not all so-called Otakus are introverted. But just a bit of advice OP: don't believe everything you read online. Many who claim to have disabilities, abilities, or any other things of the sort are simply looking for attention. [sarcasm]In the sense, I'm not sure why people claim to be mentally ill and spend all day watching anime.[/sarcasm]
Aug 29, 2016 11:11 PM

Mar 2014
In the "what anime is most like your real life" thread, most of the answers are NHK. Who knows it they're being serious or not. If there are a lot of them, you probably wouldn't know since you'd never meet somebody with no social life, but most of the people I've met at conventions or have found out are into anime are pretty weird and sweaty. I've also met fans who are perfectly normal, this is something that requires more than anecdotal evidence.
Aug 29, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
It's true. but what can you say? people just loved what they do and mostly they estranged themself from something different than them. @Seiryus is right, anime fans would only open themself to another of the same hobby in a truest sense. they wear mask everyday if they talk 2 another outside their circle.
Mushoku Tensei is the best harem light novel out there and Rudeus is my man'. . .
Aug 29, 2016 11:16 PM
Jul 2018
merryfistmas said:
In the "what anime is most like your real life" thread, most of the answers are NHK. Who knows it they're being serious or not. If there are a lot of somebody who has no social life, you probably wouldn't know since you'd never meet them, but most of the people I've met at conventions or have found out are into anime are pretty weird and sweaty.

Ew Jesus Christ I'm off to kill myself. I can't imagine how their parents have committed suicide yet. We need a new profession: suicide advisors.

In all seriousness, you're right... it disgusts me even more when guys act like perverted anime mains as if it's normal, and they think all girls that think they are gross are "tsun'dere's".
Aug 29, 2016 11:17 PM

Jun 2011
Yes?

But not when they have a wealth of anime meet ups and nerd friends near by.

My life used to be like NHK. But it has turned into Genshiken and maybe Princess Jellyfish combined. Meeting up always with other anime fans on a regular basis doing nerd things. The period of my life that was like NHK was actually when I watched NHK and I was the same age as the protaganist. It was seriously my darkest hour. NHK inspired me to not have a life like NHK anymore. I live with nerdy people and do nerdy things and have a nerdy life where I am very social with nerdy people.

I still look at anime like Neon Genesis and Video Girl Ai as if they were my own past. And Otaku no Video as closer to my present.
Energetic-NovaAug 29, 2016 11:22 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 29, 2016 11:18 PM

Jun 2015
That honestly depends on who you're talking to lmao. People like that do very much exist but a lot of anime fans are just regular people who watch anime as a hobby.

There was a point in my life where I was very antisocial and only watched anime all day but for different reasons.
Aug 29, 2016 11:22 PM

Feb 2014
You can apply this to any medium. Escapism is found in hobbies and excessive amounts can lead to addiction, which is not a bad thing. Dedicating countless of hours to a single activity will eventually lead to anti social behavior and it`s simply human nature.
Used to have a friend that was seriously suicidal due to his mother`s death, but he was amazing at soccer, because he used this to escape from reality and let out his frustration.
Aug 29, 2016 11:23 PM

Jul 2015
I think it somewhat depends on the person. Me personally, some would call me an otaku or even a weeb, since I OBSESS about anime, figurines, other anime "weird" stuff. Honestly, I would VERY MUCH rather stay at home and watch anime than go out to some kind of family gathering or something. I do have 2 close friends I've known since freshman/sophomore year high school, and I've had more, but from high school to present day in college, I rarely ever talk to most of those old friends. I'm not very open and usually tend to myself during classes, even though I wish I could be more open and sociable.

So for me, I would probably fit the stereotype of an otaku who's generally a loner. Sad, but true, although there are probably others who love anime, and can be an otaku, but are very open and active.
Aug 29, 2016 11:25 PM

Mar 2016
That is exactly me you are describing... All i do is watch anime under my blanket but after joining mal i've been more open i guess...
Aug 29, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2014
Senpaoi said:
In all seriousness, you're right... it disgusts me even more when guys act like perverted anime mains as if it's normal, and they think all girls that think they are gross are "tsun'dere's".
This is very common among "nerds" and "nice guys" and anyone who fits this description

Perhaps this is why the archetype was created, to play to the desperate hope that all those "mean" girls, secretly liked you or picked on you to look cool, or maybe I'm being a bit harsh.

Whether or not the stereotype is true, it's kind of sad that people aspire to a life devoted to cartoons.

Idiots_on_MAL said:
You can apply this to any medium. Escapism is found in hobbies and excessive amounts can lead to addiction, which is not a bad thing. Dedicating countless of hours to a single activity will eventually lead to anti social behavior and it`s simply human nature.
Used to have a friend that was seriously suicidal due to his mother`s death, but he was amazing at soccer, because he used this to escape from reality and let out his frustration.
And this, this isn't unique to anime, and I think it's more important to examine the reason for the behavior than lump every fan of something into a category.
merryfistmasAug 29, 2016 11:30 PM
Aug 29, 2016 11:31 PM
Mar 2016
Senpaoi said:
Firstly, a more accurate word (than anti-social) would be "introverted". I'm an introvert, but I'm not anti-social per say. I never avoid people. However, to answer your question, no, not all so-called Otakus are introverted. But just a bit of advice OP: don't believe everything you read online.

Oh, thanks for pointing that word out. I didn't really know what to call it because I'm not English x3

Yes that's true. Well that's why I created this topic to hopefully get honest answers x]
Aug 29, 2016 11:43 PM
Mar 2016
A5IAN said:
I think it somewhat depends on the person. Me personally, some would call me an otaku or even a weeb, since I OBSESS about anime, figurines, other anime "weird" stuff. Honestly, I would VERY MUCH rather stay at home and watch anime than go out to some kind of family gathering or something. I do have 2 close friends I've known since freshman/sophomore year high school, and I've had more, but from high school to present day in college, I rarely ever talk to most of those old friends. I'm not very open and usually tend to myself during classes, even though I wish I could be more open and sociable.

So for me, I would probably fit the stereotype of an otaku who's generally a loner. Sad, but true, although there are probably others who love anime, and can be an otaku, but are very open and active.

Both of your comments made me feel sad :( I was kind of hoping such people are rare because I mean it's quite sad. Uhm am I mocking you in some way right now?
If I do I'm sorry.

Anyway I'll add here that people I described are indeed more open to other otakus like some have said already.

Do you two have any anime loving people around your homeplace who you can become friends with? I luckily do have two and I gladly hang around with them :3
Aug 29, 2016 11:50 PM

Jul 2015
Yakysann said:
A5IAN said:

Both of your comments made me feel sad :( I was kind of hoping such people are rare because I mean it's quite sad. Uhm am I mocking you in some way right now?
If I do I'm sorry.

Anyway I'll add here that people I described are indeed more open to other otakus like some have said already.

Do you two have any anime loving people around your homeplace who you can become friends with? I luckily do have two and I gladly hang around with them :3

I don't feel like you're mocking me. I've already accepted it for what it is. I won't lie, but I am using the excuse that I go to a community college to try to avoid changing and being more open. When I do transfer, I realize if I want more friends or girlfriend, I'm going to have to change.

It was my 2 close friends I hang with now that got me into anime in the first place :)
My family however doesn't understand my love for anime. My sister knows of my antics and once said "You were so cool before. What happened?" and my parents often complain that I watch too much "Japanese cartoons". Just 2 weeks ago, my mom asked one of the 2 friends I chill with who was at my house if he liked anime as much as me, and then she asked me right after "Why are you so obsessed with that Japanese stuff? Are you crazy?".

Oh well. Such is life.
Aug 29, 2016 11:58 PM
Mar 2016
[/quote=A5IAN] don't feel like you're mocking me. I've already accepted it for what it is. I won't lie, but I am using the excuse that I go to a community college to try to avoid changing and being more open. When I do transfer, I realize if I want more friends or girlfriend, I'm going to have to change.

It was my 2 close friends I hang with now that got me into anime in the first place :)
My family however doesn't understand my love for anime. My sister knows of my antics and once said "You were so cool before. What happened?" and my parents often complain that I watch too much "Japanese cartoons". Just 2 weeks ago, my mom asked one of the 2 friends I chill with who was at my house if he liked anime as much as me, and then she asked me right after "Why are you so obsessed with that Japanese stuff? Are you crazy?".

Oh well. Such is life.[/quote]

Oh, at least I'm not mocking you xD Sometimes I write things I don't think through first and end up hurting people's feelings.

Your life is so sad T^T it must be hard if even your family doesn't accept anime. And for f*cks sake anime isn't cartoon xD But is there a way you could show your parents some awesome anime that could make them understand you? I think anything by Hayao Miyazaki is fine :/ Well I wish you good luck with your life I guess.
Aug 30, 2016 12:03 AM

Jul 2015
Yakysann said:

Oh, at least I'm not mocking you xD Sometimes I write things I don't think through first and end up hurting people's feelings.

Your life is so sad T^T it must be hard if even your family doesn't accept anime. And for f*cks sake anime isn't cartoon xD But is there a way you could show your parents some awesome anime that could make them understand you? I think anything by Hayao Miyazaki is fine :/ Well I wish you good luck with your life I guess.

HAH! No way changing them. Any type of mobile game, they call "baby games"... *Sigh*, and keep saying things like "Video games, games on phone, japanese carwtoons won't get you anywhere in life" (Even though I somewhat already know this, it's not like they're useless. They bring enjoyment into my life).
Thanks anyways. Only thing I can do now is study hard, move out, earn that bank, and buy all the anime figures, products, and watch all the anime I want in peace.
Aug 30, 2016 12:06 AM

Apr 2013
merryfistmas said:
Senpaoi said:
This is very common among "nerds" and "nice guys" and anyone who fits this description

Perhaps this is why the archetype was created, to play to the desperate hope that all those "mean" girls, secretly liked you or picked on you to look cool, or maybe I'm being a bit harsh.

Whether or not the stereotype is true, it's kind of sad that people aspire to a life devoted to cartoons.

Idiots_on_MAL said:
And this, this isn't unique to anime, and I think it's more important to examine the reason for the behavior than lump every fan of something into a category.

after posting that stupid video I can't bring myself to take anything you say seriously.
Aug 30, 2016 12:09 AM

Mar 2014
astrozombie84 said:
merryfistmas said:

after posting that stupid video I can't bring myself to take anything you say seriously.
I realize the video is stupid, which is why I posted it, because it's an example of people thinking they're victims, or "nice guys", it's the same reason I put those words in quotes. Everything in that video is just an excuse for being a big fat pussy, a lot like people thinking the world is unfair to basement dwellers or whatever they're complaining about.
Aug 30, 2016 12:15 AM

Apr 2013
merryfistmas said:
astrozombie84 said:

I realize the video is stupid, which is why I posted it, because it's an example of people thinking they're victims, or "nice guys", it's the same reason I put those words in quotes. Everything in that video is just an excuse for being a big fat pussy, a lot like people thinking the world is unfair to basement dwellers or whatever they're complaining about.

Oh ok my bad. Yeah I agree though the whole nice guys finish last is a disgusting mentality.
Aug 30, 2016 12:20 AM

Nov 2011
Not me, I am functioning member of society.

Aug 30, 2016 12:21 AM
May 2013
As an otaku, i don't think i'am an antisocial person, i have lot of friends and i also love to hang out with them. Not to mention that my friend that also an otaku is now the head of the student executive board in my college, and he have super high social status dispite he is an otaku
Aug 30, 2016 12:22 AM
Mar 2016
A5IAN said:
Yakysann said:

HAH! No way changing them. Any type of mobile game, they call "baby games"... *Sigh*, and keep saying things like "Video games, games on phone, japanese carwtoons won't get you anywhere in life" (Even though I somewhat already know this, it's not like they're useless. They bring enjoyment into my life).
Thanks anyways. Only thing I can do now is study hard, move out, earn that bank, and buy all the anime figures, products, and watch all the anime I want in peace.

I'm speechless and I want to cry ._. But has anime changed you in some way? My example would be after watching YuruYuri I saw how good friends the characters there were (unlike me and my friends who basically just talk trash about each other and when coming over to eachothers placed just end up staring at ouf phones and stuff) I wanted to change and become more of a real friend. First step was whem talking online I didn't just reply with "Yo, cool, K" and such things but actually gave them a full sentence. Also now I treat them more nicely not calling them stupid even if it's supposed to be a joke. So that's how anime has made me a better person and YuruYuri isn't only example. If anime has changed you like that too then maybe your parents may give at least tiny liking to it.
Aug 30, 2016 12:26 AM

Dec 2011
What is sociality nowadays anyways?

You can be a politically correct honkey type of motherfucker and 'play the game' as it were.

You can be a little bitch who can't say his piece.

Or you can be real with a man.

Perhaps #1 is more advisable when money is involved. I mean we all play the game even though its absolutely full of shit and pretty damned morally abhorrent.

When dealing with friends and family #3 seems the way to go. Be real, speak direct, say your mind etc. etc.

So what the fuck is it you want to know? Are anime viewers just a bunch of little bitches? How can anyone really fucking answer this you little twat?

I can't speak for others, but I can tell you I'm not really bullshitting about anything outside of the work area. Ask me a more interesting question next time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2016 12:27 AM

May 2015
I see a totally different reality in anime conventions.

Either it's a Japanese thing, or the stereotype of "shut-in Otaku" is something people invented to feel good about themselves.

Ha! All these anime watchers are shut-in! DAMN I feel good about myself now!
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 30, 2016 12:30 AM

Jun 2014
I think a lot of unpopular or bitter people like to say anime fans are all anti-social losers. Not only is that mindset ignorant, it also says a lot about the individual saying it.

If they are popular saying it - Pathetic.
If they are unpopular saying it - Pathetic and likely 90%+ of the case.
Aug 30, 2016 12:34 AM

Dec 2011
Kagami said:
I think a lot of unpopular or bitter people like to say anime fans are all anti-social losers. Not only is that mindset ignorant, it also says a lot about the individual saying it.

What's popularity got to do with anything, little man? If you're 'popular' with yourself, then you're pretty good to go as it is. Anyone worrying about the opinions of others is a chump at the end of the day.

That's not to say friendship and family has no value though, so don't get that twisted either.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 30, 2016 12:41 AM

Jun 2014
LayedBack said:
Kagami said:

What's popularity got to do with anything, little man? If you're 'popular' with yourself, then you're pretty good to go as it is. Anyone worrying about the opinions of others is a chump at the end of the day.

That's not to say friendship and family has no value though, so don't get that twisted either.

I never actually said popularity has anything to do with the actual discussion at hand. I just don't buy all anime fans are either unpopular or anti-social. Like I said, I just believe mostly unpolular or bitter people like to say stuff like this to make themselves feel better.

I also want to say, any anime fan who says we're all antisocial - please don't lump us in with your life.
Aug 30, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2015
I haven't met an example but I believe they exist(and are plentiful) considering the evidence. I am not sure if they are the majority though.
Aug 30, 2016 12:47 AM

Apr 2014
I never met one so I can't really tell.
But one thing tho, if they were antisocial and introvert, how the hell do they get all the money to keep buying those bluray and figure?
If they had a job and a stable income, I don't think you could call them antisocial.
Aug 30, 2016 12:49 AM

Jan 2015
What is the purpose of this glorious yet weird thread? Oh, I'm sorry..Is this anonymic alcoholics club? Don't be so fuckin' sad, you're your own person and be happy with it... I'm frckin' "Ginger/redhead"( no I'm not a stepchild :p ), already 23 years old...I have a fucking boring job in my own country, smoking since 15 (don't do that kiddos), only got 1 pussy since highschool ( I was drunk af, #dontjudge )....my life is not that bad (fuck you Pokemon Go)..good salary, close friends, great cooworkers...but damn...sometimes I feel the need to do something greater than living the same way over snd over....anime can't keep my hype to do something great...(yeah, all anime are shit nowadays)...the world isn't just about cartoons....we have sports/brutal fights irl/parties ( no more pussy ;( )...you just need to find something else to do...everyone have different hobbies and shit...my main hobby is to annoy people (that's fun until I get cought)...you can do whatever you want...if you don't want it/ u act like a pussy...I won't judge you (maybe, maybe not)...just u know that you're miserable human being lower than a cockroach
KonteAug 30, 2016 1:07 AM
Aug 30, 2016 12:51 AM

Dec 2011
Kagami said:

I never actually said popularity has anything to do with the actual discussion at hand. I just don't buy all anime fans are either unpopular or anti-social. Like I said, I just believe mostly unpolular or bitter people like to say stuff like this to make themselves feel better.

I also want to say, any anime fan who says we're all antisocial - please don't lump us in with your life.

Nah man, you're still on some popularity contest shit. Otherwise it wouldn't even factor in as a word/concept of any real value. Its okay though, you'll understand eventually. Until then, go buy yourself a dress and be a beauty queen or some shit. They'll love you for it >.>
Aug 30, 2016 12:55 AM

Jun 2014
LayedBack said:
Kagami said:

Nah man, you're still on some popularity contest shit. Otherwise it wouldn't even factor in as a word/concept of any real value. Its okay though, you'll understand eventually. Until then, go buy yourself a dress and be a beauty queen or some shit. They'll love you for it >.>

I assume you're either a troll or just dealing with a low IQ so I'll end it there. No good is going on with this.
Aug 30, 2016 12:59 AM

Apr 2015
not really, but most of in japan probably. But yeah we mostly less-social but not anti-social
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Aug 30, 2016 1:00 AM

Jul 2015
Yakysann said:

I'm speechless and I want to cry ._. But has anime changed you in some way? My example would be after watching YuruYuri I saw how good friends the characters there were (unlike me and my friends who basically just talk trash about each other and when coming over to eachothers placed just end up staring at ouf phones and stuff) I wanted to change and become more of a real friend. First step was whem talking online I didn't just reply with "Yo, cool, K" and such things but actually gave them a full sentence. Also now I treat them more nicely not calling them stupid even if it's supposed to be a joke. So that's how anime has made me a better person and YuruYuri isn't only example. If anime has changed you like that too then maybe your parents may give at least tiny liking to it.

I don't think one particular anime has had a significant impact on me, but rather anime as a whole. Before, I didn't really have a true thing I was working towards. Yea, I had the goal of getting a good job for money, but money for what? Now, with anime in my life, and I truly have a reason for myself to want to work hard, other than $$. Plus, anime has brought me to want to do things that I didn't really like. When I was a kid, I was forced to play piano even though I hate it. Anime made me want to relearn how to play piano so I could play the openings and closings I like. Now I'm in the process of walking towards my new goal, which is learning how to transcribe a piece of music, playing by ear, and just playing the music that I love to listen to.

So I guess that's how anime has helped me for the better.
Aug 30, 2016 1:06 AM

Dec 2011
Kagami said:

I assume you're either a troll or just dealing with a low IQ so I'll end it there. No good is going on with this.

You try to teach some people man... lol. Store it in your brain somewhere, you'll understand one day when you realize how absolutely fucking stupid it is to care about 'popularity'. For real though, your ignorance is kinda cute. All part of being human I suppose. Surely enough I've learned everything the hard way myself.
Aug 30, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2015
To talk about my social circle only, I know guys that openly watch and are centers of social networks, guys that openly watch and just about catch up with their surroundings, closet anime fans with high social status and closet anime fans with low social status. I know none of the pillow marrying variant.

The answer seems to be depends.
Aug 30, 2016 3:07 AM

Feb 2013
BrandNew_Lanz said:
To talk about my social circle only, I know guys that openly watch and are centers of social networks, guys that openly watch and just about catch up with their surroundings, closet anime fans with high social status and closet anime fans with low social status. I know none of the pillow marrying variant.

The answer seems to be depends.
hm.. now that you mention it, the most social people i know are more into manga than anime
perhaps correlates with having less alone time
Aug 30, 2016 3:31 AM

Oct 2015
It's a sterotype. All sterotypes have some truth to them, but using them to justify generalisations and other sweeping statements are bad.

I would say that almost all "otaku"/"weeaboos"/whatever have more anti-social tendencies compared to those with more mainstream hobbies and interests, but that doesn't mean that they are all basement-dwelling neckbeards, only idiots say that to try and make themselves feel better when confronted with the fact that they too have become an anime fan.
Aug 30, 2016 3:36 AM

Aug 2015
Otakus? What are those??

If you mean the Japanese NEET type otakus, then yeah. Of course they're a little antisocial. Though not that much...

Anime fans =/= Otakus
Aug 30, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2015
Very similar situation as well. Have a few close friends that I hang out with and sometimes I'd rather stay home. There were times where I could go days without going outside (except to the store and stuff like that). Kinda weird since before I actively started watching anime I couldn't spend a whole day in house.

"So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."
Aug 30, 2016 4:05 AM

Apr 2011
Please, be mindful of those who are indeed suffering from actual mental disfunctions, do not merely assume for someone to be making this up.

I would essentially fit this descriptive stereotype, were we to look at the extent of me being unsociable. However, it is not because of anime (or any other type form of escapism; I do play a lot of videogames, read, and watch regular television series too) itself that I am seclusive and introverted. As someone with Asperger syndrome and a Generalized anxiety disorder, I can barely leave my home at the very moment. The provocations and fears have risen to their very peaks, and it has become almost unrealistically impossible for me to interact with actual human beings outside of my familiar area, which points only to my direct family, as I genuinely do not have a single friend. In my current state of mind, I cannot attend college or endure a work-environment, and I am undergoing a process that includes three different autism-focused therapists, simultaneously. Being pinned to my home, anime has simply been one of the elements that assists me in surviving yet another day.

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Aug 30, 2016 4:09 AM
Mar 2016
Autism Is A Fundamental Element Of Maleness, In Utero (That's Why Women Have More EMotions). But Some Males Have More Autism Cells Than Others. This Is The Paradox Of Nature. Animes Are One Of The Products Of This Paradox. Personally, It Should Be Studied By Science.
Aug 30, 2016 4:22 AM

Jul 2015
I was anti-social before I know anime
So stop blaming anime for your personal problems ,anime is like any other medium
Aug 30, 2016 4:36 AM

Aug 2008
In "what anime is most like your real life",quite a lot answer Welcome to NHK and Watamote so apparently it's quite true.

Why is that a lot of anime fans seem to be social outcasts?
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110728145632AAj7XuM

Lots of people certainly notice this trend where anime fans are social outcasts/awkward type of people.

Compare to other form of medium, anime fans certainly has one of the highest social awkward people. Mainstream hobby such as sports fan for example, a lot of times are sociable. It makes sense though since when you want to play sports(soccer,basketball,football,baseball), you need to go out meet other people in real life to play it together. This is in contrast to anime fans (or video game fans) who shut themselves in their room and being couch potato watching anime.

Maybe Pokémon Go can change things and make those hikkikomori going outside?
ZapredonAug 31, 2016 12:44 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 30, 2016 4:39 AM
Mar 2016
In My Opinion. A Lot Of Anti - Social "Autistic" Brained People Just Need To Lose There Virginity . It's Obvious . Anime Makes This Harder For Them So it Is a Vicious Cycle.
Aug 30, 2016 4:49 AM
Jul 2016
I really do hate people I have 2 best friends and I'm in my last year of highschool been like this all my life pretty much had my first girlfriend this year but not because I'm ugly or anything I had girls ask me out or tell me they like me but i knew it would take away from my anime so I stayed away and you ask me if I regret anything I can easily say no I trust anime more that people so yeah I don't know if this story was good or bad though
Aug 30, 2016 5:07 AM

Jul 2016
Pretty much, yeah. It's just how we nerds are. However I'm positive that the majority of us are very lovable individuals, that can't find others who share the same passions or hobbies.

The most socially common and acceptable "nerd" in the current society are videogamers. Unfortunately, anime doesn't make you look any better to the eyes of a... "Normie"
Aug 30, 2016 5:13 AM

May 2016
I didn't know there were anime fans that weren't unsocial losers?
Aug 30, 2016 5:17 AM
Jul 2018
I think it really depends tbh, just like with every other fandom, or form of media. Everyones kinda different, some will be social and some wont be. Just a natural occurring thing really and i do think a common misconception
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why is netorare so hated? ( 1 2 )

Je-suis-lui - Apr 9

58 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

81 by PostMahouShoujo »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 11 hours ago

30 by jieanteater »»
3 minutes ago

» Is there an extension that helps you fully block someone?

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

21 by APolygons2 »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 2 hours ago

9 by jieanteater »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.