Forums
New
Aug 29, 2016 12:28 PM

Sep 2015
Any autistic brothers here? I'm guessing a lot lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 2016 1:28 PM

Jul 2015
Not autism, Aspergers, although I haven't been officially diagnosed I exibhit a lot of the traits, and even when I was younger everyone was really concerned that i had autism.
Aug 29, 2016 1:28 PM

Apr 2015
Shitposting extremely, extremely loudly.
Aug 29, 2016 1:39 PM

Mar 2014
I have Asperger's which is a form of autism

I don't really like it but there's not much I can do about it
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 29, 2016 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Tylaen said:

Yo lol this made me laugh so hard, I'm saving this gif for future purposes
Aug 29, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2014
nah I ain't got nothing, most autistic thing I did as a kid was make Bleach cards with a Yu-Gi-Oh card template and hang them on my door though
Aug 29, 2016 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
Tylaen said:
Now that is one hell of an autistic shark (or maybe he has ADHD)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 29, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2012
I do not think autism and lol should be used in the same well whatever that is.
Aug 29, 2016 2:16 PM

Sep 2015
Coolspot said:

I blame my autism for that. I only use lol and stuff because I don't wan to write dull as hell sentences
Aug 29, 2016 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
thegreatnathyboy said:
Coolspot said:

I blame my autism for that. I only use lol and stuff because I don't wan to write dull as hell sentences

Well, ok. Its ok to be dull sometimes I think autism is a kind of dull topic to begin with.
Aug 29, 2016 2:38 PM

Aug 2016
According to what the people on /r9k/ told me, I have autism.
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 29, 2016 2:44 PM

Nov 2011
I have Aspergers which is on the autism spectrum or was i think. I tend to hate that it makes me weird and awkward but i wonder if its the reason i dont have shit taste like most on MAL.

Coolspot said:
I think those of us with autism have the right to laugh at our own mental disabaility or whatever you wanna call it.
Aug 29, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2013
Waifu_Strangler said:
but i wonder if its the reason i dont have shit taste like most on MAL.
try again, by the looks of it not even down syndrome could save you from having the opposite of that
Aug 29, 2016 3:01 PM

Aug 2013
I don't want to self diagnosis so I won't but my brother is autistic, its not easy for my parents to have to deal with all the time.
Aug 29, 2016 3:03 PM

Nov 2011
Shinji said:
Waifu_Strangler said:
but i wonder if its the reason i dont have shit taste like most on MAL.
try again, by the looks of it not even down syndrome could save you from having the opposite of that

You worded that confusingly so im not sure exactly what you meant by it.
Aug 29, 2016 3:05 PM

Sep 2014
I really don't get why people are so open about it if they're autistic.

Aug 29, 2016 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
Durarara said:

Because everyone is a retard anyway. And actually autistic people in some respects are less retarded than the normal retards, in fact they show intellectual superiority in them. But you probably wouldn't know about any of that.
Aug 29, 2016 3:24 PM

Aug 2016
Tylaen said:

A Grimgar avatar and a hilarious forum gif? Brother, is that you?

Shinji said:
Durarara said:

Because everyone is a retard anyway. And actually autistic people in some respects are less retarded than the normal retards, in fact they show intellectual superiority in them. But you probably wouldn't know about any of that.

Most of the crazy smart kids at my school are in some way, shape, or form autistic. Just because your brain operates in a different way doesn't necessarily mean you have less intelligence.

[/End post, plz enough extreme subjective opinions, we're all weebs here right?]
Aug 29, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
VariFox said:
Tylaen said:

I don't really know. I've seen a fair people with Grimgar Avatars lately and that's just this week. Didn't seem to be a trend before now.
Aug 29, 2016 3:41 PM

Sep 2015
Well apparently I comply with a large portion of the supposed traits of autism. Dunno if that counts.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 29, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2016
Durarara said:

some folks like to find others who are like themselves, and its not a bad thing to be autistic.
Aug 29, 2016 3:43 PM
Jul 2015
grimace said:
Durarara said:

some folks like to find others who are like themselves, and its not a bad thing to be autistic.

--
Tis' a horrible thing, actually.
Aug 29, 2016 3:46 PM
Jan 2013
The most asked question towards me when people meet me are "Are you autist", "Are you gay" and "Are you japanese"

I never got checked tho, I barely know what it stands for but the hard social thing
gone bai bai
Aug 29, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2015
Megumin said:
grimace said:

--
Hardly horrible, unless you're the low-functioning kind.
Aug 29, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2013
Maz said:
Well apparently I comply with a large portion of the supposed traits of autism. Dunno if that counts.
It doesn't, you should really know this, are you autistic?
Aug 29, 2016 4:14 PM

Nov 2011
Megumin said:
grimace said:

--

Not as horrible as your favorite anime.
Aug 29, 2016 4:19 PM

Dec 2014
Don't worry, everyone here have either Apenger, Autism or something like that, you're not alone bro.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Aug 29, 2016 4:24 PM

Mar 2008
I think I'm the opposite of autistic.
Aug 29, 2016 5:55 PM

Aug 2013
I doubt that I have autism, but who knows?

Here's a quiz that I found that we can take, in order to make this thread more interesting: http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm
If anyone knows a better self-assessment test, then go ahead and link it.

0-29 = No autism
30-33 = Possible autism
34 & up = Autism likely

You scored a total of 18

You have answered this autism screening in such a way as to suggest that you are not likely currently suffering from an austism spectrum disorder, including Asperger's disorder.

Not too surprised, lol.
Aug 29, 2016 6:03 PM
Nov 2015
My Mom has suspected that I had it since I was young but it was official confirmed when I was 11 years ago in the 6th Grade, Though I don't have Aspengers.
I actually was in a Cross Cat Class from K to the beginning of the 7th Grade.
I actually used to be in the local county special olympics.
My parents were actually told that I would never get my high school diploma but I eventually did although it was an Adult High School Diploma from completing my Adult High School Class.
Aug 29, 2016 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
Waifu_Strangler said:
I have Aspergers which is on the autism spectrum or was i think. I tend to hate that it makes me weird and awkward but i wonder if its the reason i dont have shit taste like most on MAL.

Coolspot said:
I think those of us with autism have the right to laugh at our own mental disabaility or whatever you wanna call it.

I am sorry I offended both of you I did not mean to insult people with autism that was not the intention I am sorry.
Since it wasn't a full sentence I didn't know what to call it.
I was just trying to say autism isnt a laughing matter I am naive and in experienced in many things and make mistakes sometimes and if I insult you or someone you consider a friend on here please take it up on pms or report me and Ill try to learn from my mistakes once again very sorry.
MiraniaAug 29, 2016 6:16 PM
Aug 29, 2016 6:19 PM

Aug 2016
Tylaen said:
VariFox said:

I don't really know. I've seen a fair people with Grimgar Avatars lately and that's just this week. Didn't seem to be a trend before now.

Is Grimgar picking up steam? I know it wasn't all that hyped up during its seasonal release and I've been out of the loop on Grimgar news so I wouldn't know.
Aug 29, 2016 6:46 PM
May 2012
thegreatnathyboy said:
Any autistic brothers here? I'm guessing a lot lol

Autism & Asperger Syndrome is a different thing to me...

Mine is Asperger by the way.

God, I hate it when they like to make fun of it & it really offends me.
Aug 29, 2016 6:59 PM

Apr 2016
Moog said:

Here's a quiz that I found that we can take, in order to make this thread more interesting: http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm

0-29 = No autism
30-33 = Possible autism
34 & up = Autism likely

You scored a total of 18

You have answered this autism screening in such a way as to suggest that you are not likely currently suffering from an austism spectrum disorder, including Asperger's disorder.

Not too surprised, lol.

Question from quiz:
"I would rather go to a library than to a party."

No clue what this has to do with autism. idk why people associate the want to be alone with autism. It has nothing to do with autism.

Another:
"I would rather go to the theater than to a museum."

This is the reason I don't like quizes like this. It's really just asking if you do things that autistic people often do. It's like asking if you like anime, and if you say yes, it means you are japanese.
I scored 21, so no autism.
UnpopularAnimeAug 29, 2016 7:07 PM
Aug 29, 2016 7:08 PM

Jun 2016
I was officially diagnosed some years ago with Aspergers. Somehow I often wonder if getting diagnosed with that is even a thing anymore o-o I'm very aware of the big talks about autism though.
Aug 29, 2016 7:32 PM
Jul 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
Megumin said:

--

Not as horrible as your favorite anime.

Would've said something about Durarara > whatever your fav is but i looked at it and its a completely different genre than I'd wathc so let's just say we have completely different tastes I guess there. Not worth comparing things on such opposite sides of spectrums.
Aug 29, 2016 10:04 PM

Feb 2016
I don't have autism... at least I hope so.
Aug 29, 2016 10:42 PM

May 2015
Moog said:

0-29 = No autism
30-33 = Possible autism
34 & up = Autism likely

You scored a total of 18

Not too surprised, lol.

Strangely, I scored 18 on the quiz as well, but I've been officially diagnosed with Aspergers for 3 years now. Though, I never believed it was true and constantly convinced myself that there was nothing wrong with me. Maybe this is a sign I've grown up a bit?
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Aug 29, 2016 10:53 PM

Apr 2014
I don't know, but autistic memes are the best.
Aug 30, 2016 12:09 AM

Oct 2012

Do i have autism?

I swear on any of these types of tests, I always get right on the borderline of having "possible autism". I wonder if thats a bad sign or not, lol.
Aug 30, 2016 1:56 AM

Sep 2015
FontSize72LOL said:

Do i have autism?

I swear on any of these types of tests, I always get right on the borderline of having "possible autism". I wonder if thats a bad sign or not, lol.

if you have the time and money you could always try get a professional test

I got 25 on the test even tho I've been officially diagnosed with autism (asperger's syndrome)
Aug 30, 2016 3:55 AM

Oct 2012
thegreatnathyboy said:
FontSize72LOL said:

Do i have autism?

if you have the time and money you could always try get a professional test

I got 25 on the test even tho I've been officially diagnosed with autism (asperger's syndrome)

Well, it would be something to look into if i had the money. Socializing IRL isn't something i actually worry too much about. I'm not exactly terrible at it, although lately i've been sort of shut off, so the whole body language thing is harder for me. It was alot easier for me when i was a student, and constantly socializing, or being forced to socialize by friends lol.

I'd like to think back in the day i was more quiet than awkward. Although nowadays i'm probably more awkward than anything else lol. I've looked into Aspergers a few times, not to be one of those people that self diagnose and shit, but i've had suspicions that i might have a few traits of it, but i'm not sure if i have the full package considering i used to be adept enough at interacting with people at one point.

If I had to guess though, living the HikkiNEET lifestyle for the last few years is probably not helping my socialization/social anxiety issues.
Aug 30, 2016 7:36 AM

Mar 2014
Moog said:

0-29 = No autism
30-33 = Possible autism
34 & up = Autism likely

You scored a total of 18

Not too surprised, lol.
I took the test and got 40 (Autism likely, as expected)

I guess that's pretty high?
Nico- said:
Aug 30, 2016 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
UnpopularAnime said:
Moog said:

Not too surprised, lol.

snip

I agree. I think those types of questions are a bit odd, and the answers might just as well be determined by a person's personality rather than their autism. It makes sense that people with autism might be more attracted to more solitary and quiet activities, however, so I suppose that's what the intention behind those questions are.

@Comic_Sans I read earlier that you said that you have Asperger's, so that sounds like an accurate result (and it suggests that my test-finding skills aren't complete shite!) 40 is pretty high, but I do wonder how high it's possible to score on that test...
Aug 30, 2016 7:57 AM

Dec 2015
I mean...probably.
But I'm way too cool to go to a doctor and get diagnosed (or open my bank statements, or vote)
Aug 30, 2016 8:06 AM

Oct 2009
No, but I've met autistic people, and they're hard to be around, so I sympathize with you guys since not many of you have friends.

Aug 30, 2016 8:08 AM

Sep 2009
I am a 100% normal, psychologically sane, human being. I don't like blood and gore, or yanderes, or anything like that.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Aug 30, 2016 9:57 AM

Jun 2016
Nope, though I have relatives with autism, mainly Aspergers.

Though some of the questions in that quiz are either very contextual or really vague.
Like how it asks if you notice very slight noises that others do not, yeah I definitely do but not because I may have autism, it's because my ears are messed up and my hearing is more sensitive than a normal person's(there's a name for this condition but I completely forgot the term for it used in English).
Aug 30, 2016 9:58 AM
Sep 2015
@Erg_Orgy You've certainly got Jewtism though.
Aug 30, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2015
I'm pretty 100% sure @God has autism
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

16 by Adverrito »»
49 minutes ago

» What do you think about law enforcement (police) in your country?

Sad - Apr 16

32 by KenaiPhoenix »»
49 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

16 by Adverrito »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » strawberry, chocolate or banana milk?

bobbysalmon - Apr 17

20 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Today

26 by KenaiPhoenix »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.