Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Mob Psycho 100 Episode 8 Discussion


Aug 29, 2016 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
MOOOOOOOBBBBBBB!!! He was so damn BOSS!!! Props to BONES!! Went in!

I'm actually impressed by the Thug dude tho. He took it all in. What a tank
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 98
10/5
This ep was intense
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 169
And yet again MP100 reminds me why I love it way more than OPM.
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:31 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 745
The fight and the animation were really good, this show is getting better
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 138
Sickest fight of season dam MOB is so op that the other guy had to run away after using a spray ROFL hyped for next episode!
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:48 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 2
My body wasn't ready for this episode, just wow, this was awesome in all means
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 9
Kitoge said:
The esper with the sword was sick. I guess we might see him fight Mob in the next episode or two


Ohmaigad! The few seconds when he sheathed his sword mid air using his powers...that to me was EPIC. Watching X-men as a kid, I always wandered what you could do if you had telekinetic powers, and the sword was such a nice little detail!
 
Aug 29, 2016 1:55 PM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1033
OH SHIT that was amazing! Too bad Shigeo was beaten up so much before he finally fought back D:

Also as awesome as this was it is kinda disappointing that he threw his principles aside so easily to defend his brother. I mean there wasn't much else he could have done to prevent it but he was pretty close to killing him. Without the fucktards in the background shouting "KNIFE" he might even have won.

edit: also wasn't that Miki, Shinichiro voicing the bad guy? The character is not in the database yet >.> But I'm pretty sure. Glad he got a character with nice dialogue once again :D He appeared so little with interesting characters after Monogatari or maybe I'm just watching the wrong stuff
Modified by Nanashi, Aug 29, 2016 2:02 PM
 
Aug 29, 2016 2:17 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 234
yeah, that's part of what was Cut. Reigen actually talked to Mob in-depth after the Teruki incident in what cases it's acceptable to use powers against people, though only as a last resort to protect himself or someone else.

(and in the manga version of Reigen's rule he even mentioned that using it in Self-defense was totally fine as well, just not to go overboard, though that part was cut because Mob forgot it).

Mob is still uncomfortable with doing so, but realized he didn't have a choice. (not to mention, it's not an iron-clad rule even before. When overcome by 100% Rage he used his power against everyone at LOL, though rationalized it as protecting them from hurting themselves instead of attacking them).
 
Aug 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 1251
"HORY SHIET" (intended spelling)! This episode was so good. Kudos to bones for making the battle epic and the animation was spot on. I thought for a sec that Kageyama was gonna figt Ritsu but thankfully they did not! Kageyama is so strong and was winning but that bastard got away through a cheap trick.

Anyways now it will be intresting to see what how they will retrive them! Also i love how the blonde guy is now helping MOB!
 
Aug 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 367
FUCKING EPIC episode holy shit that fight xddddd
we pretty much know how this is going to end though now, 5 episodes left that are enough for no rushing and it's obvious Mob is going to go try save his brother (and probz succeed cuz this anime isn't the sad-type at all) I'm looking towards the epic ending battle and hopefully this shit gets a second season because it's good.
Modified by snazzz, Aug 29, 2016 2:37 PM
clicky clicky vvv
 
Aug 29, 2016 2:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 2729
Best episode so far!! That fight was so damn awesome and intense!!
The animation looked fantastic! Bones did a really good job.
 
Aug 29, 2016 2:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 41
Where is the 100% Hostility sign BONES?
 
Aug 29, 2016 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 996
ZanathKariashi said:
yeah, that's part of what was Cut. Reigen actually talked to Mob in-depth after the Teruki incident in what cases it's acceptable to use powers against people, though only as a last resort to protect himself or someone else.

(and in the manga version of Reigen's rule he even mentioned that using it in Self-defense was totally fine as well, just not to go overboard, though that part was cut because Mob forgot it).

Mob is still uncomfortable with doing so, but realized he didn't have a choice. (not to mention, it's not an iron-clad rule even before. When overcome by 100% Rage he used his power against everyone at LOL, though rationalized it as protecting them from hurting themselves instead of attacking them).

Reigen spoke about self defense in the anime, in episode 6.
 
Aug 29, 2016 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 389
Good episode, they animated fight pretty well. Nice to see mob taking this seriously. Reigen is hilarious as usual.
 
Aug 29, 2016 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 3484
That was one of the best action scene I've ever seen, it was just pure spectacle.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
 
Aug 29, 2016 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 3910
Manufacturing psychic powers? That sounds really bad...

Anyway, awesome episode. That was some great action, and the animation went super well along with it. I liked the English version of the ED as well.


 
Aug 29, 2016 3:56 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 13948
This episode was beastly. The animation during the fight was great. Also, the fact this wasn't a one sided fight made me even more excited. The punk guy really put a decent fight against Mob 100% mode. Honestly, I thought he was done when Mob stopms him against the floor.

Kinda exciting plot they have added with Claw. And Teru and Ekubo are involved too, that's great.

The fact that Mob still wants to save Ritsu even when he said to him those horrible things was so sweet. He is a great big brother. Respecting Ritsu, seeing he tried to stop the punk to beat Mob even more, I can say he hopefully will develop into a nicer person after this arc ends.

Reigen is hillarious as always.

Nanashi said:
edit: also wasn't that Miki, Shinichiro voicing the bad guy? The character is not in the database yet >.> But I'm pretty sure. Glad he got a character with nice dialogue once again :D He appeared so little with interesting characters after Monogatari or maybe I'm just watching the wrong stuff
Yes, it was him. That made me happy, because hearing him is awesome.
 
Aug 29, 2016 4:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2847
Ok i won't say much since i'm still in that phase of "wow what i just saw".
I can't wait to see how it will end xD But we all know that.... RIP Claw ;)
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

 
Aug 29, 2016 4:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2147
Great episode. The art & animation across the whole fight sequence was amazing. Mob at 100% is not to be messed with ever. Studio Bones delivering once again.

So brutal seeing that Adult Esper continuously punch Mob. Every hit was so painful to watch.
Great of Teru to help out Mob.

This Claw Organization are big trouble. Time to rescue Ritsu & the other kids.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

 
Aug 29, 2016 4:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 34
I can't believe I held out on this. I saw this on MAL and thought, looks lame, nah. Then I actually watched it (with really low expectations mind you) and it's gotta be one of my all time favorites now. I stumbled upon a masterpiece.

I'm too excited to see MOB completely destroy some fools.
I have a feeling that the explosion episodes will determine this anime's final ranking by the end of the series. This is for sure on the level of OPM. I like that the MC isn't invincible, complete game changer for this show.

Can't wait for next week!
“One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.”
 
Aug 29, 2016 4:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 276
The graph speaks for itself



5/5
 
Aug 29, 2016 4:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 526
Another crazy episode, I loved it!

 
Aug 29, 2016 5:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 864
Props to Bones for this one. This episode was just sick, the fighting scene was great. I got so hyped when Mob went all out.
 
Aug 29, 2016 5:47 PM
Online
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 45452
that sakuga animation awesome!
 
Aug 29, 2016 5:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1161
thelectricow said:
The graph speaks for itself



5/5
And now there's a troll that rated it a 1
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
 
Aug 29, 2016 6:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 20
This episode was an eyegasm especially compared to the shitshow that was Orange yesterday
 
Aug 29, 2016 7:03 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 234
Guilek said:
ZanathKariashi said:
yeah, that's part of what was Cut. Reigen actually talked to Mob in-depth after the Teruki incident in what cases it's acceptable to use powers against people, though only as a last resort to protect himself or someone else.

(and in the manga version of Reigen's rule he even mentioned that using it in Self-defense was totally fine as well, just not to go overboard, though that part was cut because Mob forgot it).

Mob is still uncomfortable with doing so, but realized he didn't have a choice. (not to mention, it's not an iron-clad rule even before. When overcome by 100% Rage he used his power against everyone at LOL, though rationalized it as protecting them from hurting themselves instead of attacking them).

Reigen spoke about self defense in the anime, in episode 6.


He mentioned self-defense, but didn't really go into it like he did in the manga to make sure mob understood what he was talking about this time. Of course you could just say they had the rest of that conversation off-screen, but it does cheapen the experience a little when it's not explained why it's ok beyond just calling it self-defense.
 
Aug 29, 2016 7:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 64
Beautiful \(ʘ╭╮ʘ)/
 
Aug 29, 2016 7:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 71
This episode was simply amazing.
 
Aug 29, 2016 7:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8562
pmfg amazing epic episode omfg
Ritsu noooooo
 
Aug 29, 2016 7:45 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 108
The fight was so amazing. The fact that Claw's Espers can fight and withstand Mob at 100% means that Mob will have to make a plan instead of going guns blazing. 1-1 Mob could've won but if he goes after 100 espers he might need to go ????% mode to actually win
 
Aug 29, 2016 7:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 12004
Reigen continues to piss me off. I don't find him funny in the slightest.

Fight was really intense! Loved Mob's VA in that scene!
 
Aug 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 12977
Shit was so lit I watched the fight like 3 times lol. Keep it up, Bones.
 
Aug 29, 2016 8:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 13
Question how does an anime score go up? because of the votes from the episode discussions? because MP100 suddenly went up to 8.1
 
Aug 29, 2016 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 164
I love this show the more I watch.
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
 
Aug 29, 2016 9:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 353
What an episode
5/5 good job bones...
 
Aug 29, 2016 9:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 25
Animation is on point man, i loved this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Aug 29, 2016 9:33 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 7164
So much action and intensity but then you see Teru's stupid hair haha.
 
Aug 29, 2016 11:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Scyres23 said:
I genuinely think this will be the point where Mob Psycho 100 gets Good! By that I mean One Punch Man level of Good.

Mob Psycho already trumped that silly meme show since ep1. The actual fact that this actually has an actual inspired and artistic visuals instead of generic ones already makes this better, not to mention Mob Psycho having actual complexity and depth instead of running on single joke for whole show.

dankzel said:

One that would make OPM quite proud.

There's not a single fight in OPM to match this. Even the ones Yutaka Nakamura created were outdone by Yutaka Nakamura in this one.
 
Aug 29, 2016 11:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
The battle was really intense, freakin' awesome! I can't wait for the next episode ;_;
 
Aug 29, 2016 11:53 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 662
5/5
Teruki is the best character in this show

 
Aug 30, 2016 12:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2233
Wow, I'm speechless. I can't even wait for the next episode anymore so I'm gonna read the manga now. What chapter in the manga is this episode guys?
 
Aug 30, 2016 12:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 101
rebelakuma said:
Wow, I'm speechless. I can't even wait for the next episode anymore so I'm gonna read the manga now. What chapter in the manga is this episode guys?


Chapter 30 and onwards for this episode. :D

“The dreams and ideals we believe in, seem they might just fall apart if we take our eyes off them.”
 
Aug 30, 2016 12:35 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 301
i have mixing feelings.. ep. was great, but anime in general turns into generic "puling villains straight out of the ass" route, the curse of all shounen manga.
 
Aug 30, 2016 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 2233
AyanoHime said:
rebelakuma said:
Wow, I'm speechless. I can't even wait for the next episode anymore so I'm gonna read the manga now. What chapter in the manga is this episode guys?


Chapter 30 and onwards for this episode. :D


Thank you so much!
 
Aug 30, 2016 12:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 499
Dear lord, how much longer can this adaptation maintain such glorious animation.

%100 Hostility + Mob standing up for his bro against Koyama <3

(Got to love Teru's pink sweater, the man has exquisite taste)
 
Aug 30, 2016 1:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 22
Fai said:
Scyres23 said:
I genuinely think this will be the point where Mob Psycho 100 gets Good! By that I mean One Punch Man level of Good.

Mob Psycho already trumped that silly meme show since ep1. The actual fact that this actually has an actual inspired and artistic visuals instead of generic ones already makes this better, not to mention Mob Psycho having actual complexity and depth instead of running on single joke for whole show.

dankzel said:

One that would make OPM quite proud.

There's not a single fight in OPM to match this. Even the ones Yutaka Nakamura created were outdone by Yutaka Nakamura in this one.


You can shit on OPM but the scores show it 8.85(anime) 8.85(manga), One Punch Man is a good anime. Before you go shitting on One Punch Man try to do a bit of research, don't judge a book by it's cover.
That one guy in a lamp.
 
Aug 30, 2016 1:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 127
Fai said:
Scyres23 said:
I genuinely think this will be the point where Mob Psycho 100 gets Good! By that I mean One Punch Man level of Good.

Mob Psycho already trumped that silly meme show since ep1. The actual fact that this actually has an actual inspired and artistic visuals instead of generic ones already makes this better, not to mention Mob Psycho having actual complexity and depth instead of running on single joke for whole show.

dankzel said:

One that would make OPM quite proud.


There's not a single fight in OPM to match this. Even the ones Yutaka Nakamura created were outdone by Yutaka Nakamura in this one.


To be fair, there are glimmers of that sort of heart and character to the writing in OPM with the whole thing about what it means to be a hero. Saitama, purposely making himself out to be a villain so that the other heroes who risked their lives but failed would get the credit instead of him, who basically didn't have to do anything, and in stark contrast, people like Mumen Rider who put everything on the line and can get almost nothing done. It's not the deepest, most original message but it's still there.

But of course, you could also just go on the "One Joke Man" offense and not be balanced at all when comparing the two, posting only to undermine other people's opinions and to be contrarian instead of actually contributing to a discussion. Or are you aspiring to become "that guy" everyone avoids talking to in anime discussions?
 
Aug 30, 2016 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 73
d445 said:
i have mixing feelings.. ep. was great, but anime in general turns into generic "puling villains straight out of the ass" route, the curse of all shounen manga.


That's like complaining why there are villain ninjas in Naruto or why there are villain pirate in One Piece.
 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »