Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 29, 2016 9:53 AM

Feb 2010
kiddscoop said:
Lmao all these people slowly killing the anime industry. All I gotta say.

nah they are doing a fine job at killing themselves with how they market stuff

because the DvD keep doing Limited time only sales making you unable to buy the dvd/blueray

but to be honest i usually do buy anime when i can
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 29, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2013
Ulquiorra said:
I mainly use kissanime,anime4fun and animeultima.
Why?
Because I don't want to pay for stuff that is already free online, the quality is the same and the quantity of subbed anime on kissanime will never be on legal sites.
I don't torrent because I'm too lazy to search for every single episode when it appears and wait for seeds and the download time.

Nope, illegal streaming has shit quality due to their shit free players. Also, I feel sorry for you, since there are two big sites for torrenting, where you can get basically everything with just one mouse click. And those people don't earn $$$ from stupid ads and such. Illegal streaming should be erased from internet. Stupid thieves.
Aug 29, 2016 10:00 AM
Oct 2015
Because nothing is fucking available in the Middle East.
Aug 29, 2016 10:01 AM

Feb 2013
Kamiyan3991 said:
Ulquiorra said:
I mainly use kissanime,anime4fun and animeultima.
Why?
Because I don't want to pay for stuff that is already free online, the quality is the same and the quantity of subbed anime on kissanime will never be on legal sites.
I don't torrent because I'm too lazy to search for every single episode when it appears and wait for seeds and the download time.

Nope, illegal streaming has shit quality due to their shit free players. Also, I feel sorry for you, since there are two big sites for torrenting, where you can get basically everything with just one mouse click. And those people don't earn $$$ from stupid ads and such. Illegal streaming should be erased from internet. Stupid thieves.

I block all adds, they aren't getting any money from me.
Aug 29, 2016 10:05 AM

Jun 2014
Literally nothing decent is available in Yuropoor and I can't read moonrunes, dubs are disgusting so I don't want that either. Torrents, meanwhile, are the perfect solution for normal people who aren't obsessed with putting money in some Nip's pockets.
Legal streams suffer from quality loss and I don't want to pay money to watch my daily dose of cute girls doing cute things either.

Aug 29, 2016 10:05 AM

Dec 2013
Ulquiorra said:
I block all adds, they aren't getting any money from me.

It's not always possible. I mean, I probably could manage to block Kissanime somehow, but it's pointless. I can DL any anime right after it has aired with full speed of my internet. I can even autodownload, since rips provider offers RSS. Srsly, illegal streaming is pointless with two big torrent sites around. You can get anything in an instant, and they have the biggest base. Kissanime or any other shitty site can't even compare to that.

Well, I'm going to pay for Crunchy account soon anyway. Just to support industry.
And it's good to watch anime on Daisuki without adblock, if possible. It's legal site where you can watch for free.
Kamiyan3991Aug 29, 2016 10:14 AM
Aug 29, 2016 10:23 AM

Dec 2015
Well, i watch anime online using streaming pages in my native language, so i don't know about this kissanime argument. Almost no anime is licensed in my country and CR is useless for me too. So i don't pay for anime because i don't have anything to pay for.
Aug 29, 2016 10:25 AM
Mar 2016
hazerddex said:
kiddscoop said:

nah they are doing a fine job at killing themselves with how they market stuff

because the DvD keep doing Limited time only sales making you unable to buy the dvd/blueray

but to be honest i usually do buy anime when i can

Well at least you do buy something from time to time. These people have the mentality of "oh I can get it free. Who cares about buying?" When buying supports the people who create the anime they love. Not gonna lie, I had that mentality too, but I at least got a CR premium recently.
Aug 29, 2016 10:30 AM

Dec 2013
davidgvidal said:
Well, i watch anime online using streaming pages in my native language, so i don't know about this kissanime argument.

Non-english sites are even worse. They care only about $$$. Look, I have nothing against piracy (these people won't pay for legal services anyway). But I can't stand retards who make money out of illegal content. Also, illegal streaming is pointless, since torrents offer better quality, and you don't have to wait. And, well, you can always pay for CR/FUNi account even if you don't want to watch anime there. It may surprise you, but many people who use torrents do it.
Aug 29, 2016 10:38 AM

Jan 2015
kiddscoop said:

If people getting stuff for free really killed the industry like they want you to believe, then the music industry and movie industry would have been 6 feet under a long time ago.
Aug 29, 2016 10:39 AM

Aug 2012
No, thank you for the offer though :)
Aug 29, 2016 10:41 AM

Jul 2009
Frickin' government here in Indonesia purges anime timeslots annually until there's only half an hour a day for anime in most channels. Plus, Crunchyroll doesn't work here even with VPN.

There's your answer laddy.
Aug 29, 2016 10:59 AM
Nov 2010
I don't unless what want to watch is unavailable on legal streaming. I have adblock so streaming sites never make money from me
Aug 29, 2016 11:02 AM

Dec 2015
Because I don't want to spend my money on anime when I can spend it on other things. Cry me a river OP (plays worlds smallest violin).
Aug 29, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2015
Why would I pay for something like funimation or netflix when they don't even have a good selection of anime to watch. It's all limited. With kissanime, there's EVERYTHING!. Plus, it's free and the quality is actually REALLY good.

Until a site actually has EVERYTHING like kissanime, then I won't be changing sites.
Aug 29, 2016 11:13 AM

Jan 2015
Sorry, I had to come back on here to say one more thing.

So the OP said he has nothing against torrenting but he thinks illegal streaming is immoral.

Ummm......you do that know that both are illegal and one is not any more or any less 'immoral' than the other right? I suspect that this thread is just another streaming vs downloading thread that the OP made as a half assed attempt to bash streaming and get people into torrenting. -_-

Once again, the threads made on here are more amusing each and every damn day.

I like kissanime but sometimes it doesn't work, even on Firefox. But I suspect that's the fault of my internet connection and not kissanime or Firefox themselves.
ArillionAug 29, 2016 11:17 AM
Aug 29, 2016 11:16 AM
Jul 2013
They make money on that illegal streaming sites. This is an entirely different thing than torrents.
Aug 29, 2016 11:17 AM

May 2013
Because here in capitalist america my ISP is allowed to provide a service many times worse than they advertise so streaming on crunchyroll or hulu is impossible half the time. I have to download the episodes way ahead of time in actual hopes of seeing it or buy DVDs which I do too.

Just gotta make do with what I can. I don't like it but it is all I have T,T... Until I move which will be soon enough.
_Nette_Aug 29, 2016 11:23 AM

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE
Aug 29, 2016 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
One would wish people merely admitted to their immoral behavior instead of finding some sort of moral high ground so they can feel nice about illegally acquiring free stuff.

Embrace the assholery.
Aug 29, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
GERGE said:
They make money on that illegal streaming sites. This is an entirely different thing than torrents.

Who's 'they'? Just use adblock then voila nobody gets money.

Tylaen said:
One would wish people merely admitted to their immoral behavior instead of finding some sort of moral high ground so they can feel nice about illegally acquiring free stuff.

Embrace the assholery.

Shoot, I'll admit it. I watch anime on free streaming sites and I don't give a shit whatsoever.
Aug 29, 2016 11:41 AM

Oct 2015
Crunchyroll isn't available in my country. There is no legal way for me to stream anime. It wasn't available on TV (I think it was earlier but then it stopped I don't know the current situation). And they don't sell mangas and DVD here not even online. So dear OP, kindly make a legal streaming site for me or shut the fu*k up.
Aug 29, 2016 11:42 AM

Sep 2014
I use funimation & netflix. If the show isn't on one of those two services, I use kissanime.

Add me on League of Legends: BigT - NA Server
Aug 29, 2016 12:06 PM

Oct 2013
I don't see how one method of getting something free is somehow more acceptable than another.

As far as Crunchyroll and Funimation go, I use my friends accounts (his idea) so technically I'm still watching stuff for free.

Don't get me wrong, I've bought several of my favorites and don't regret it , but I can see why some might not want to spend the money.
FanofActionAug 29, 2016 12:36 PM
Aug 29, 2016 12:09 PM

Feb 2010
BigT232 said:
I use funimation & netflix. If the show isn't on one of those two services, I use kissanime.

funimation netflix hulu crunchyroll check those before you have to resort to illegal streams.
and make sure you buy the dvd of shows you like so you can support them!
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Aug 29, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2016
I just use adblock, problem solved.
Aug 29, 2016 12:51 PM
Jul 2018
I can't afford anything because I'm poor. Shame on you for making this post.
Aug 29, 2016 12:56 PM

Jun 2015
If I had a well-paid job, maybe I'd buy stuff (very few titles are actually available at my place) or go to legal, paying streaming sites. But I'm unemployed, I don't have ANY incomes, and on top of that, I don't like anime that much to pay for it. Not even close.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Aug 29, 2016 12:56 PM

Jan 2015
Why don't people just watch anime their way and let other people who pay for their computers and overpriced internet, watch anime THEIR way of instead of trying to be some kind of anti piracy guru or some shit? Because I guarantee that about 98% of people are going to continue doing things their way anyways. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Yeah, I said I wasn't coming back but shit, I say a lot of things. -_-
Aug 29, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
Why use illegal streams ?
Because I can
Aug 29, 2016 1:04 PM

Jul 2016
Illegal streaming because I don't wanna pay for something that is free , and if you're talking about DVDs then , there aren't any here
Aug 29, 2016 1:10 PM

Jul 2015
Since I usually stream anime from smart DVD apps, I usually don't need to watch the illegal streaming sites on the computer, the streaming services on a smart TV or device are legal anyway, or there is YouTube, so I don't need to use these illegal streams.
They also stream anime from right here on MAL, but I haven't checked that out yet.
Aug 29, 2016 1:11 PM
Aug 2015
Cuz it's free.
>The answer is obvious = Pay for it or not? there's your answer
Aug 29, 2016 1:52 PM

Sep 2015
I mainly use crunchyroll and I do occasionally buy the stuff I really liked (on crunchyroll or previously pirated) on dvd, but blind-buying dvds is out of the question. As for anything not on crunchyroll (outside of daisuki on the off chance that their video player decides to work on my pc), it's basically pirating it or not watching it.
It's the same for people who don't want to or can't pay for anime (a bunch of people in my country don't have or are highly reluctant to use their credit card on the internet). If they aren't going to pay for it then they aren't going to pay for it, no matter the reason.
Spartan_PawnchAug 29, 2016 2:02 PM
Aug 29, 2016 1:56 PM

Aug 2015
Major123 said:
Well I actually buy a decent amount of shit so I think I'm good.

Yeah. This. I'll watch illegally, and if I think it's worth buying I'll buy it.
Aug 29, 2016 1:56 PM

Apr 2010
In germany there is nothing avaible on CR.And no other legal streaming site exists.
Also 40 euro for 4 episode blurays is a f.ing rip-off.
Aug 29, 2016 1:57 PM

Sep 2014
I pay for months when I know I will be watching a lot of anime. But when I know I will be watching only 1 show because I'm busy, I don't see the point. I had a paid subscription until very recently when I went on a summer vacation (to visit my parents) for 3 months. I only watched 1 anime with my sisters, so had I paid my money would've gone to waste.

MagnoliaKobus said:
Because Chrunchyroll etc don't have a large database?
This very reason too!
Aug 29, 2016 2:01 PM

Jan 2014
No one is gonna read your long af story on how you think illegal streaming immoral.
I'm not wasting my money on shit I can watch for free.
Aug 29, 2016 2:03 PM

Nov 2011
These are hypothetical arguments.

I don't think it's hard to imagine someone being uncomfortable with the idea of torrenting because they're not just downloading whatever; they're providing it to others too. If anime piracy ever becomes less of a legal grey area in x country and starts being enforced, torrentors could potentially end up getting fined and/or held liable rather than Kissanime alone being struck down, holding all of the blame for providing the content in question. Sure, neither scenario may be likely in the foreseeable future, but in the event that an unlikely scenario occured one might feel safer having only consumed rather than having both consumed and provides.

In addition, torrenting has the pain-in-the-butt cost and time cost of initial setup, finding torrents as they become available, and waiting for the actual download. Take note of how internet connection speed in particular can affect these costs, neglecting the moral cost: Someone with an extremely slow connection will be more likely to prefer torrenting to streaming since they won't have to deal with incessant buffering, saving them pain-in-the-butt in the long run and giving better quality; someone with a moderate connection will be more likely to prefer streaming since they can watch on-the-spot as the video (down)loads into their browser, cutting out the time cost and pain-in-the-butt cost completely even though the quality may be lower; and someone with an extremely fast connection will be more likely to circle back to being more likely to prefer torrenting since their connection speed brings their (download) time cost to roughly par with streaming, making the better quality start to become lucrative even though the initial setup and finding torrents might still be minor pain-in-the-butts.

Of course, something this and many other threads are neglecting are DDL sites, which could potentially provide a superior middle point. Source is concentrated in one spot, removing the pain-in-the-butt cost of finding torrents; the pirate doesn't have to assist in providing material, potentially eliminating moral costs; those with slow connections will still save pain-in-the-butt cost; and there's still the quality credit. Keeping in mind that adblockers can be used for both streaming and DDL sites, that only leaves moderate connection people with the need to think about choosing between quality cost and time cost provided that they either don't care about legal routes or there is no legal route.

Whether one values time or quality more, and to what extent, obviously differs from person to person.

I've said it before, but I personally think a Steam-like animanga service could compete with piracy far, far better than the current streaming services like Crunchyroll. They would still have DRM so downloads don't get distributed (meaning they can charge lower prices in the West without fear of losing the higher prices otaku pay in Japan) whilst still allowing consumers direct access to the product. After initial setup it would be just as easy to get/watch anime as would be on illegal sites/torrenting, and users would get to feel good about (directly) supporting the industry. If they cut out middleman subbers and allowed users to subscribe to fansub groups within the service to keep costs low, and included a program that gets you most or all of the airing seasonals for a discounted price, I could see it being a huge hit and potentially even making the West a noteworthy part of the industry.
TripleSRankAug 29, 2016 2:07 PM
Aug 29, 2016 2:10 PM

Aug 2014
Unfortunately I have to use kiss anime as I don't have a PC connected to my monitor and my laptop is fucking shit. I stream kiss anime thru the mobile version on my wii U which has 1 ad that rarely loads in. I do pay for crunchyroll though, £40 a year is fucking nothing. I also buy the odd anime blu ray or DVD when I can. Those who refuse to pay for any anime at all are fucking parasites.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 29, 2016 2:19 PM
Oct 2014
Actually, I consider illegal torrenting less ethical than illegal streaming. Let me explain.

If I were to illegally stream a show, I could at least rationalize that I wouldn't have paid for it anyway. The producers and publishers of the show aren't losing a dime off of me. As for someone illegitimately making money from the streaming site, I'm not convinced that's inherently wrong. I don't click on ads; in fact, I generally use ad blockers whenever possible. So I'm not paying anyone for the privilege of watching the show online. If any money exchanges hands based upon my viewing, it's simply an agreement between two third-parties who have nothing to do with either the studio or me; no different than two people making a wager based upon my online activities.

On the other hand, when you download via torrent, you also upload. That's the way torrents work. You take on the role of distributor. If I were to torrent a show, that means I would be morally responsible for everyone who downloads from me. And in that case, I most definitely CANNOT guarantee that the downloaders would not have paid for it anyway, because I don't even know them. As far as I know, they could be downloading from me in order to create bootleg media that they then sell on the black market. And I would be at least partially culpable for those activities.
Aug 29, 2016 2:27 PM

Dec 2013
OldSnake007 said:
In germany there is nothing avaible on CR.And no other legal streaming site exists.

Bullshit.
https://www.anime-on-demand.de/
Aug 29, 2016 2:29 PM

Jan 2015
No matter which way you slice it, stealing isn't ethical. Torrenting and streaming both are stealing. No matter which way you try to justify one being less ethical or more immoral than the other, its still stealing. You don't pay for torrents, it's stealing. You don't pay to access the anime on kissanime or other illegal sites. That's stealing. Yes, we can make the 'I'm paying for internet' argument till the cows come home(I've made that argument too). We can try to make one seem less ethical or better or less illegal or whatever, as much as we want. IT'S STILL STEALING.

I swear this is another disguised streaming vs download thread but this time it's with a 'which is less ethical' coat. Because we don't have enough of these threads already.
Aug 29, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2016
People worrying about others doing illegal stuff in 2016..... MEGALUL.
Aug 29, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2015
-Abyss_Walker- said:
People worrying about others doing illegal stuff in 2016..... MEGALUL.

People worrying about what other people are doing IN GENERAL in 2016.....even more MEGALUL
ArillionAug 29, 2016 2:41 PM
Aug 29, 2016 2:37 PM
Jun 2015
People need to stop the whole "I have no money" thing. You can get crunchyroll for two months for 7 flicking dollars. (The first month is free. I actually got an extra 14 days as well but I don't know if they still do that.)
Aug 29, 2016 2:39 PM

Apr 2010
Why torrent is better than free sites? You don't pay there too.

Aug 29, 2016 2:40 PM

Jun 2015
Kissanime is cancer and you should feel bad if you stream instead of torrenting if you have no money
Aug 29, 2016 2:41 PM

Dec 2015
I don't use illegal steaming sites, I torrent(Which is also illegal), but at least in that way I know no one is profiting on other's people work(I'm looking at you Kissanime).
I once tried using Crunchyroll, half of the anime was region blocked in my country( I live in Costa Rica) so I don't any other option to torrent the anime I want to see.
Pepsi_DoggoAug 29, 2016 5:32 PM
Aug 29, 2016 2:45 PM
Mar 2016
Ari_the_Lioness said:
kiddscoop said:

If people getting stuff for free really killed the industry like they want you to believe, then the music industry and movie industry would have been 6 feet under a long time ago.

Notice how I said "slowly"? And artists are making less money now than they did before by the way. Anime really is dying because of lack of money.
Aug 29, 2016 2:48 PM

Dec 2015
EfiChan said:
Why torrent is better than free sites? You don't pay there too.

Because sites like kissanime and animeflv(spanish) are making profit from content they don't own by showing you ads.
When you torrent you're the stealing the stuff yourself so no one makes profit from it.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anilist is better ( 1 2 3 4 )

SleepySimoon - Oct 28, 2021

178 by Nurguburu »»
34 seconds ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

59 by inim »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good?

arinthach - 7 hours ago

28 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
4 minutes ago

» Light novel adaptation and boring ending

Ri-KoRin - 2 hours ago

8 by Tropisch »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Apr 16

149 by Ari4 »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.