Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 29, 2016 1:56 AM

May 2012
I find it saddening that even if this series is so loved there really isnt anyone saying much about it, forget a review of the whole series thoughts on individual novels is scarce.

Just want some people to post about what their overall thoughts on the series is along with their favorite/least favorite volumes and moments in the series.
Altay545Aug 29, 2016 2:11 AM

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Aug 29, 2016 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
I finished volume 17 and spring log a few weeks ago and was honestly disappointed with the ending. The overall story and interactions between Holo and Lawrence are great but he didn't really finish it on a strong point. We don't know what Holo plans to do when Lawrence dies, the story also skips the most interesting parts of their relationship( no first kiss, no birth of daughter, no raising kid together.)

Also fuck Coll, he is nothing more than a plot device to slow Holo and Lawrence's relationship down. Fucking cock block.

My favorite book was probably 5, it was great.
Aug 29, 2016 3:30 AM

May 2012
Villany said:
I finished volume 17 and spring log a few weeks ago and was honestly disappointed with the ending. The overall story and interactions between Holo and Lawrence are great but he didn't really finish it on a strong point. We don't know what Holo plans to do when Lawrence dies, the story also skips the most interesting parts of their relationship( no first kiss, no birth of daughter, no raising kid together.)

Also fuck Coll, he is nothing more than a plot device to slow Holo and Lawrence's relationship down. Fucking cock block.

A damn shame it had to be like that, though I do believe they do show the first kiss do they not? still I think the author dropped the ball at some point maybe because he didnt know what to do if he really made them a couple so early on and just wanted them to continue with needless banter seeing them in a real relationship would have been fine since Volume 5 not all the way until Volume 14.
Still it is a maddening the author just skipped over the whole daughter part seeing Lawrence running around preoccupied about it would have been great and seeing them banter over Myuri is truly a missed opportunity.

I really hate Coll as well man such a shame that the author deliberately put him on with the group just to slow down the relationship did he just want to make more novels/money and decided a third cock blocking party was the best way to go around it? another reason I cant say Im entirely exited about the new series seeing as Coll will be a MC.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Aug 29, 2016 3:49 AM
Jul 2018
Altay545 said:
Villany said:

A damn shame it had to be like that, though I do believe they do show the first kiss do they not? still I think the author dropped the ball at some point maybe because he didnt know what to do if he really made them a couple so early on and just wanted them to continue with needless banter seeing them in a real relationship would have been fine since Volume 5 not all the way until Volume 14.
Still it is a maddening the author just skipped over the whole daughter part seeing Lawrence running around preoccupied about it would have been great and seeing them banter over Myuri is truly a missed opportunity.

I really hate Coll as well man such a shame that the author deliberately put him on with the group just to slow down the relationship did he just want to make more novels/money and decided a third cock blocking party was the best way to go around it? another reason I cant say Im entirely exited about the new series seeing as Coll will be a MC.

Lawrence kisses her on the cheek in 5 and in 14 he kisses her neck but not on the lips until 17 after they already have a kid together. I agree, it would have been great if after 5 they had a proper relationship but I mean, when you add together the length of the novels and Coll's introduction in 6 it's logical to assume the author just had no clue how to write a real relationship between them at that time so he copped out.

The new novel with Cole and Myuri just sounds like a rip off of the original to me, but I am very excited for the Spring Log light novel because that fake funeral chapter was pretty good. I just hope Lawrence's mortality gets addressed, imagine if he found a Narwhal and ate some flesh. He wouldn't have to die then. I know that won't happen and it still pains me thinking about Holo roaming earth without Lawrence for eternity, at least she will have Myuri to always remember him by tho.
Aug 29, 2016 4:05 AM

May 2012
Villany said:

Lawrence kisses her on the cheek in 5 and in 14 he kisses her neck but not on the lips until 17 after they already have a kid together. I agree, it would have been great if after 5 they had a proper relationship but I mean, when you add together the length of the novels and Coll's introduction in 6 it's logical to assume the author just had no clue how to write a real relationship between them at that time so he copped out.

The new novel with Cole and Myuri just sounds like a rip off of the original to me, but I am very excited for the Spring Log light novel because that fake funeral chapter was pretty good. I just hope Lawrence's mortality gets addressed, imagine if he found a Narwhal and ate some flesh. He wouldn't have to die then. I know that won't happen and it still pains me thinking about Holo roaming earth without Lawrence for eternity, at least she will have Myuri to always remember him by tho.

Lol at least we got a kiss man that's what I like to get out of it and yep exactly it just seems like the author had no idea what to do so he just forced Coll in there and drew things out way 2 much ... such a pity if it had retained the same vibes as the first volumes it would have been much better, and of course no fucking Coll skip all that mess write the side stories if you want and do the things that happened in volume 14 straight away.

Still I like the series I love Holo and I like Lawrence most of the time lol and just them being together is already great so I too am exited about Spring Log I hope we get to see more of just their relationship you know, no beating around the bush stuff no economics things just them and Myuri and showing us how things turned out, though I hardly think that will really happen.

And well I think that the most important thing here is the characters so seeing as how the new series will include Coll and I already dislike him Im finding it hard believing I will enjoy the thing =( even though Myuri could be a great character.

Aug 29, 2016 4:20 AM
Jul 2018
Altay545 said:

Lol at least we got a kiss man that's what I like to get out of it and yep exactly it just seems like the author had no idea what to do so he just forced Coll in there and drew things out way 2 much ... such a pity if it had retained the same vibes as the first volumes it would have been much better, and of course no fucking Coll skip all that mess write the side stories if you want and do the things that happened in volume 14 straight away.

Still I like the series I love Holo and I like Lawrence most of the time lol and just them being together is already great so I too am exited about Spring Log I hope we get to see more of just their relationship you know, no beating around the bush stuff no economics things just them and Myuri and showing us how things turned out, though I hardly think that will really happen.

And well I think that the most important thing here is the characters so seeing as how the new series will include Coll and I already dislike him Im finding it hard believing I will enjoy the thing =( even though Myuri could be a great character.

The author is a huge fan of economics unfortunately, I think everything he's ever wrote has been centered around it so I doubt he will stop it, sounds like you may be like me cause I read it for the relationship and the adventuring not economics. Don't hate the economics but don't particularly like it either.

But yeah it's still a 9/10 series for me it's just if those nitpicks were addressed it would've been 10/10 easily. I still believe this series has the best banter between characters in any medium tho, never seen or read anything like it.

Let's just hope yenpress picks up spring log sooner rather than later or it gets translated. The last one came out like 9 weeks ago and still hasn't been translated :/
Aug 29, 2016 4:58 AM

Apr 2016
Great series with lovely characters and very heartwarming ending. Can't wait for Spring long - volume 18...Hmm, favorite volume for me is probably 14, but as i said i really love ending of the series so 16 and 17 (17 only half :D).
SwagernatorAug 29, 2016 5:01 AM
Aug 29, 2016 5:02 AM

May 2012
Swagernator said:
Great series with lovely characters and very heartwarming ending. Can't wait for Spring long - volume 18.

Nice to see the love brother ! and true enough the ending is heartwarming we get to see a true couple at the end and its enjoyable seeing the journey that brings them together I hope Volume 18 brings new things and we can get to see more about just their relationship.

Any part in particular that stands out to you as great or terrible?

Also dont know just how good the translation are but I just found this:
S&W Spring Log
PDF part 1: https://u.pomf.is/zavvmw.pdf
PDF part 2: https://u.pomf.is/iebtnb.pdf

Aug 29, 2016 5:09 AM

Apr 2016
Altay545 said:
Swagernator said:
Great series with lovely characters and very heartwarming ending. Can't wait for Spring long - volume 18.

Nice to see the love brother ! and true enough the ending is heartwarming we get to see a true couple at the end and its enjoyable seeing the journey that brings them together I hope Volume 18 brings new things and we can get to see more about just their relationship.

Any part in particular that stands out to you as great or terrible?

Also dont know just how good the translation are but I just found this:
S&W Spring Log
PDF part 1: https://u.pomf.is/zavvmw.pdf
PDF part 2: https://u.pomf.is/iebtnb.pdf

The greatest part for me was definitely when she asks him for a "name"..... I burst with joy, (sorry for my bad english :/)
Aug 29, 2016 7:08 AM

May 2012
Swagernator said:

The greatest part for me was definitely when she asks him for a "name"..... I burst with joy, (sorry for my bad english :/)

A memorable moment indeed my friend it was such a sweet moment to read knowing that they had finally made their relationship eternal in some way and that Holo would never again have 2 be alone (if she can keep Myuri in check of course lol) we'll see how that turns out with the next novel.

No worries my friend your english is fine.

More topics from this board

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 4

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

1 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 1

removed-user - Apr 9, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.