Forum Settings
Forums
Battle Angel Alita
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 1:30 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Basically Alita is an alien. I expected her to be a prod it of Tiphares to be honest.

The last couple of chapter seem a bit rushed I!HO.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 11, 2018 6:46 AM

Dec 2015
That explains it, in a remarkably simple and short way.

4/5

Farabeuf said:

The last couple of chapters seem a bit rushed.

All the fault goes back to the Motorball period exceeding its welcome! I liked the concept bu without as much pages spent on it, nine volumes would have been largely okay for the story.

@Touka I know. ^^"
What I meant here was simply that the same amount of tomes could have offered a "better" handled conclusion if a certain segment hadn't been so expanded upon.
ANd about the fact he threw away his first conclusion: I always believed that no matter how "sacred" the freedom of an artist can be considered, benig born out of pain/compromises/restrictions can often help a work. An unrestricted writer could lost itself, where one "inspired" or "stuck" by external problems/factors would have to make an effort to adapt himself to the situation or to incorporate in one way or another the problem.
Rei_IIIMar 13, 2018 1:05 PM
Mar 12, 2018 3:04 PM

Jul 2008
Rei366 said:
Farabeuf said:

The last couple of chapters seem a bit rushed.

All the fault goes back to the Motorball period exceeding its welcome!

The actual fault is Yukito Kishiro's illness. It's tough to tell due to the consistent quality of the artwork, but Kishiro was in a bad state and took twice as long to complete the last couple of chapters. He wasn't sure if he would recover and resume the manga, so he simply wanted to give it a conclusion. When he did recover and started work on Last Order six years later, he completely disregarded the ending and picked the manga back up from chapter fifty-one.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Dec 10, 2019 11:39 PM

May 2015
Alita sees a glimpse of her former self before waking up to see Desty Nova and now Dr. Russell. Looks like Alita is alive, albeit, just a head at the moment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 11 Discussion

joe_g7 - Sep 14, 2017

5 by mistercb »»
Mar 25, 12:39 AM

Poll: » Battle Angel Alita Chapter 53 Discussion

TuzoAnime - Jan 23, 2010

34 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 50 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

3 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 49 Discussion

joe_g7 - Oct 19, 2017

2 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 13, 2023 8:09 AM

Poll: » Gunnm Chapter 48 Discussion

Farabeuf - Aug 20, 2016

4 by FedeMetal »»
Dec 12, 2023 7:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.