Forum Settings
Forums

Trump says he will deport thousands of illegal immigrants on day one

New
Aug 28, 2016 6:24 AM

Jan 2012
Donald Trump has offered new details on his immigration plan, telling supporters thousands will be deported if he takes office. He warned supporters that a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for open borders.

"On day one, I am going to begin swiftly removing criminal illegal immigrants from this country -- including removing the hundreds of thousands of criminal illegal immigrants that have been released into US communities under the Obama-Clinton administration," Trump said in Des Moines, Iowa.

Adding new details of how he would tackle illegal immigration, Trump told supporters in the swing state that he would establish a tracking system to deport illegal immigrants who overstay, and set up an e-verify system to ensure they do not receive welfare or other benefits.

"If we don't enforce visa expiration dates, then we have an open border - it's as simple as that," he said.

Src
--------------------------------------
lol there's no day one

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Aug 28, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2013
Good? last I checked deporting illegals from your country was the job they're supposed to do. Even I have to have a work visa to work in America as a European and if it runs out guess what, they send me home. When did the idea of deportation of illegals become some scaryy taboo. I swear the worlds lost its collective mind to the feels police.
Aug 28, 2016 7:35 AM

Dec 2012
Spooks said:
Good? last I checked deporting illegals from your country was the job they're supposed to do. Even I have to have a work visa to work in America as a European and if it runs out guess what, they send me home. When did the idea of deportation of illegals become some scaryy taboo. I swear the worlds lost its collective mind to the feels police.
Because illegal immigrants are seen as part of the victim class and the left measures virtue by victimhood.

As for me, I actually like the new direction Trump's immigration stance is heading. Illegals with a criminal record need to leave immediately, but I hope he works with those already here living honestly and establishes a path to citizenship for them. There's no need to tear apart good families just to follow a procedure.

On a more lighthearted note, watching people squabble about whether Trump is flip-flopping is really amusing. Ben Shapiro puts it best: https://youtu.be/8dju_QPHwWM?t=30m52s
Aug 28, 2016 7:39 AM

Jun 2012
That's fine criminals need to fucking go.
Aug 28, 2016 8:22 AM

Nov 2009
Actually don't really care too much, although then I won't be getting 3 pounds of strawberries for $4 at Costco anymore T_T.

Although if he offered to pay for the cost it would require to deport all illegal immigrants (which even conservative estimates suggest is many times higher than building his wall), that would just be icing on the cake (although pretty sure he can't afford it).
Aug 28, 2016 8:55 AM

Mar 2012
Spooks said:
What you're missing is that it's common for laws not to be strictly enforced, because the costs of strict enforcement are sometimes greater than the benefits. Illegal immigration represents such a case and that's why "deport all of the illegals" is a non-starter. No appeal to emotion required.

Trump is "flip-flopping" because he is being forced to concede the truth of the matter. Now he's essentially suggesting that the benefits will outweigh the costs if, instead of funding a massive enforcement effort, we fund a smaller effort that focuses on deporting the "worst" illegal immigrants.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 28, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
Josh said:
Spooks said:
What you're missing is that it's common for laws not to be strictly enforced, because the costs of strict enforcement are sometimes greater than the benefits. Illegal immigration represents such a case and that's why "deport all of the illegals" is a non-starter. No appeal to emotion required.

Trump is "flip-flopping" because he is being forced to concede the truth of the matter. Now he's essentially suggesting that the benefits will outweigh the costs if, instead of funding a massive enforcement effort, we fund a smaller effort that focuses on deporting the "worst" illegal immigrants.

If the illegals situation is anything like the migrant situation be aware before jumping this is a loose comparison that costs in the short term beat the costs of just letting it be as is.
Currently the costs of keeping illegal migrants in the country, things like housing, food, water and all the other prices come to something like 20 bil a year thats for one country now the cost of deporting all of them not just some comes to around the cost of 2 billion. Understand this is obviously not an exact comparison but to show how much people who live illegally in a country can cost. They don't have offical papers so their choices in living area and work are highly limited meaning there is no growth or room to improve to make them economically viable they are and always will be a money sink.

They could cut 5% one years spending on some things and easily cover the cost of a mass deportation. Compared to the costs of keeping large illegal populations in the states. Simply fact is a living person racks up a far greater cost going forward than a one time payment to deport them.
Aug 28, 2016 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
It would be easier and cheaper just to provide a path for them to become citizens.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
I'm no fan of Hilary, but my gut says Trump wont win easily.
Aug 28, 2016 10:57 AM

May 2016
oh man this will angry the liberals dearly.
Aug 29, 2016 1:52 AM
Jul 2018
Thebigofan said:
It would be easier and cheaper just to provide a path for them to become citizens.

I'm pretty sure a bus ticket is cheaper than getting these people to work in a country where there are more than half a million homeless.
Aug 29, 2016 2:10 AM

Mar 2008
1. You have to find them first
2. You can only deport so many at a time and it's not in the thousands per day.

He can't do it even if he wanted to

Spooks said:

In the US it's not a big deal and nothing like what is going on in various European countries. The illegals actually statistically commit less crime than the locals and they don't qualify for what little gov pograms there are yet most still pay taxes. It costs money to send them away too so it's usualy not done unless they commit a violent offence, but sometimes for minor crimes too.
traedAug 29, 2016 2:14 AM
Aug 29, 2016 2:23 AM

Jan 2013
Raimu4 said:
Thebigofan said:

I'm pretty sure a bus ticket is cheaper than getting these people to work in a country where there are more than half a million homeless.

And that would have a bad affect on the local economies where they live, they pay taxes, and many have children that are American citizens. Just provide a way for them to become citizens.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 29, 2016 2:33 AM
Jun 2015
E-verify needs to be required for work in the US. Give them one month before it begins to collect thier paychecks and buy their bus tickets home. After a year begin the deportations of the criminals that stayed behind.
Aug 29, 2016 4:49 AM

Apr 2014
Ratohnhaketon said:
Spooks said:
Because illegal immigrants are seen as part of the victim class and the left measures virtue by victimhood.

As for me, I actually like the new direction Trump's immigration stance is heading. Illegals with a criminal record need to leave immediately, but I hope he works with those already here living honestly and establishes a path to citizenship for them. There's no need to tear apart good families just to follow a procedure.

The problem is that you secure a welfare state-supporting majority from here on out if you go light on some of them just because they came here a long time ago. I don't get why that matters.

Families will not be torn apart. The children will go where the parents go. If Trump was really thinking long-term, he'd revoke birthright citizenship too. No other country has such an absurd policy.
Aug 29, 2016 12:56 PM

Mar 2011
traed said:
1. You have to find them first
Exactly, thank you for pointing to the things people forget to mention.

The thing to take away is the fact that he said he'll target the millions of expired visa over-stayers that come in legally, and whose numbers are higher than the illegal immigrants that cross our border. Finding them is the hard part.

Spooks said:
Josh said:

If the illegals situation is anything like the migrant situation be aware before jumping this is a loose comparison that costs in the short term beat the costs of just letting it be as is.
Isn't that (both posts) based on What-if illegal deportation was not funded properly, and if illegal immigrant costs here in the US were similar to the policies in European countries?

@Altairius:
The problem is that you secure a welfare state-supporting majority from here on out if you go light on some of them just because they came here a long time ago. I don't get why that matters.
What do you mean by securing a welfare state?

If Trump was really thinking long-term, he'd revoke birthright citizenship too. No other country has such an absurd policy.
It's not just a simple policy, it's an amendment in one document that counts in the US. An absurd law that was needed because unlike other western countries that gave up slavery, and moved on the US didn't quite know what to do with it's newly freed people. As it stands now, that would be smart to be rid of, but goes against the principle of expansion--so no dice.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
Aug 29, 2016 1:25 PM

Aug 2016
Just send the criminal illegals over to Detroit, Michigan. They'll either fit right in or beg to be moved back to Mexico.
Aug 29, 2016 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
There won't be a day one because he won't win
Aug 29, 2016 1:47 PM

Jan 2014
Does that mean his wife has to go too?
someone take my bait
Aug 29, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2016
I'm starting to think that Trump doesn't understand the deportation process...
People who put MAL stats in their sigs are losers lol
Aug 29, 2016 3:35 PM

Sep 2007
Trump's grandparents were born in Germany and immigrated to the United States. Their son married Donald Trump's mother, who was born in Scotland and met Donald Trump's father during a vacation trip to New York.

Aug 29, 2016 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Notaneko said:
Trump's grandparents were born in Germany and immigrated to the United States. Their son married Donald Trump's mother, who was born in Scotland and met Donald Trump's father during a vacation trip to New York.

you know theres a difference between legal immigrants and illegal right. America has a working legal immigration system in place since its birth.
Aug 29, 2016 3:48 PM

Aug 2013
Notaneko said:
Plus Trump's second wife is an Eastern European immigrant with a heavy accent from Slovenia.
Aug 30, 2016 1:58 AM

Apr 2014
Silverstorm said:
@Altairius:
What do you mean by securing a welfare state?

Third world immigrants vote overwhelmingly left wing.
Aug 30, 2016 2:21 AM
Jul 2018
Thebigofan said:
Raimu4 said:

And that would have a bad affect on the local economies where they live, they pay taxes, and many have children that are American citizens. Just provide a way for them to become citizens.

I'm not sure how to respond to this because I think you are joking.
Aug 30, 2016 2:27 AM

Jun 2014
And next on Trump news - Trump thinks its fine to beat up your pets!
Aug 30, 2016 2:48 AM

May 2013
Hopefully we get this shit rolling soon. I'm sick of all the minority pandering
Aug 30, 2016 9:37 AM

Aug 2009
AllenVonStein said:
Donald Trump has offered new details on his immigration plan, telling supporters thousands will be deported if he takes office. He warned supporters that a vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote for open borders.

"On day one, I am going to begin swiftly removing criminal illegal immigrants from this country -- including removing the hundreds of thousands of criminal illegal immigrants that have been released into US communities under the Obama-Clinton administration," Trump said in Des Moines, Iowa.

Adding new details of how he would tackle illegal immigration, Trump told supporters in the swing state that he would establish a tracking system to deport illegal immigrants who overstay, and set up an e-verify system to ensure they do not receive welfare or other benefits.

"If we don't enforce visa expiration dates, then we have an open border - it's as simple as that," he said.

Src
--------------------------------------
lol there's no day one

If he does win then I hope he does deport illegals. However I would think cutting off visas to offending countries would help curb illegal immigration.Because some statistics say that almost half of the people here illegally came here on a visa and deliberately overstayed that visa.
Aug 30, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2016
I get the whole Moral shit he is trying to say with this and how we shouldnt tolerate these criminals but this costs MONEY it costs MONEY it costs EFFORT and MONEY Trump cannot deport all the illegal immigrants however much he wants it.

Trump should establish a strict border patrol and deport people who are CAUGHT doing criminal acts and being undocumented deported immediatly this way slowly they will be removed and the good illegals provided methods to become a citizen If said reasonable methods are refused they will have a deadline set before they get deported (Say a year or so)
Aug 30, 2016 11:55 AM

Dec 2013
Dildry said:
I get the whole Moral shit he is trying to say with this and how we shouldnt tolerate these criminals but this costs MONEY it costs MONEY it costs EFFORT and MONEY Trump cannot deport all the illegal immigrants however much he wants it.

Trump should establish a strict border patrol and deport people who are CAUGHT doing criminal acts and being undocumented deported immediatly this way slowly they will be removed and the good illegals provided methods to become a citizen If said reasonable methods are refused they will have a deadline set before they get deported (Say a year or so)

My first thought was; "How much money is that going to cost?" Yeah, most Americans have lost sight of what an economy is, because their entire lives have been spent with a fiat currency that just keeps raising the debt ceiling instead of actually, you know, managing funds appropriately and responsibly.

TL;DR: The corporations have turned America into it's bottomless checking account and YOU are paying for it.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Aug 30, 2016 10:42 PM

Mar 2013
Deporting people who are here illegally? What a fucking racist bigot
Aug 30, 2016 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
I don't really like Trump, but I agree with illegal immigrants getting deported. If you want to get in, get in line.
Aug 31, 2016 12:43 AM

Jun 2008
The insanely NAIVE and quite frankly moronic "Alt Right" seems to think Trump will NOT be like 99.99999% of Politicians that promise the WORLD to it's voters only to then not deliver on his promise.

SURE....Trump is gonna build a 30 billion dollar USELESS wall that will ultimately do NOTHING...

SURE....Trump is gonna deport every last illegal immigrant.....ALL 12 million of them....NO PROBLEM!

SURE....Trump is gonna stop ISIS....Obama and the military is just dicking around right now, but when Trump gets into office....GAME OVER!

SURE....Trump will make "America great again".....remind me what exactly that means?

SURE...Trump will stop the racial divide we got going on right now....he's gonna go to Twitter EVERY DAY to put all those BLM idiots in their place!

Let's face it....we have a bunch of internet culture people wanting to get Trump in the White House for the sheer LULZ...and the rest have drank the kool-aid beyond recommended levels.
--ALEX--Aug 31, 2016 12:46 AM
Aug 31, 2016 2:04 AM

Aug 2013
Kagami said:
And next on Trump news - Trump thinks its fine to beat up your pets!

I think you mean "Trump sleeps in oxygen tend he thinks gives him sexual powers!"

Don_Giovanni said:

Next he'll say black people who commit crimes should go to jail, what a fucking racist
Aug 31, 2016 7:19 AM

Feb 2016
JustALEX said:
The insanely NAIVE and quite frankly moronic "Alt Right" seems to think Trump will NOT be like 99.99999% of Politicians that promise the WORLD to it's voters only to then not deliver on his promise.

SURE....Trump is gonna build a 30 billion dollar USELESS wall that will ultimately do NOTHING...

SURE....Trump is gonna deport every last illegal immigrant.....ALL 12 million of them....NO PROBLEM!

SURE....Trump is gonna stop ISIS....Obama and the military is just dicking around right now, but when Trump gets into office....GAME OVER!

SURE....Trump will make "America great again".....remind me what exactly that means?

SURE...Trump will stop the racial divide we got going on right now....he's gonna go to Twitter EVERY DAY to put all those BLM idiots in their place!

Let's face it....we have a bunch of internet culture people wanting to get Trump in the White House for the sheer LULZ...and the rest have drank the kool-aid beyond recommended levels.

Shut up about the Obama and ISIS part like just shut up.

You really think Obama wants to stop ISIS when they are wrecking his enemies like Assad? He only came in to help my people when the US base in Erbil was threatened (And because Barzani is a rich bozo that gives the US oil)

Obama can wipe ISIS of the map if he wanted to but he has other ideas with ISIS (Probaly wants them to just fuck up Syria a wee bit more and make the regime less strong also SA wont like Obama snuffing their mercs)

Sorry for the rudeness but you acting like Obama is doing his best in getting rid of ISIS and thinking that the man actually gives a damn about Middle Eastern casualties just you know

TRIGGERRRRSS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DildryAug 31, 2016 7:28 AM
Aug 31, 2016 10:36 AM

Jul 2015
Raimu4 said:
Thebigofan said:

Kek, yeah cause buses can travel through the waters to their countries overseas. There's a process, it's literally impossible to do it on day 1.

Don_Giovanni said:

This post isn't even about them getting deported... It's about deporting all of them in 1 day..
Aug 31, 2016 11:25 AM

Aug 2009
Dildry said:

Cost is not an issue to our government.Nor is effort. If our government says it costs too much or that it would require too much effort then that is code for we don't want to do it. Our governments wastes billions of dollars a year. I bet that just the money our governments gives away to other countries in the form of money and military aid could easily pay for a wall on our border,hire extra ice agents to round and deport illegals and have change left over to pave some roads here and there.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.