Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 28, 2016 3:58 AM

May 2014
Just my random guess:

The adults in this anime are scientists who are studying human psychology or reactions to war and losses. The students in this anime are orphans and therefore used as experimental subjects in this video-game like simulation. As the lady with the cleavage says "They are just livestock". So maybe they are just guinea pigs to her so that she can collect data. The chip on their necks is connected to their central nervous system and brain, therefore causing them to see, feel and hear things which are not really there. Also, that chip is used to collect data of their heart rate and etc that the scientists are trying to collect.

I do hope that the nice adults/ scientists are truly being nice to the kids. Maybe some of them feel more guilty than others about this experiment.

I don't know if my guess is correct, but just letting my imagination run wild here.
Aug 28, 2016 5:08 AM

Jul 2016
It's not something new to see others say that they saw it coming. The last scene last episode told us that the world is fake and probably feeling a Matrix vibe. Sorry my brain was off while watching cause it's really weird and thought this wouldn't go anywhere with that crappy effects just until last episode, considering I don't mind the animation. And since the plot was unveiled in just one episode, I think the intended "dark" of the anime was not achieved. If you summed it all up, it will make sense that the author intended to do it but fail somehow. The lingering feeling of wanting to know just busted out in a second.

For those who didn't know, Canaria made her debut again last episode.
SkyWing0Aug 28, 2016 5:24 AM
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Aug 28, 2016 6:49 AM

Jul 2013
I had a really strange feeling watching this episode. I found it very boring, but at the same time, Kasumi made this quite exciting, even when he is supossed to be a boring, calm character. He is more enjoyable to see than the rest of the protagonists.
Kinda strange, tbh.

The revelation at the end makes basically confirmed that chip they have in the neck actually makes them see a fake world or something like that. At the end, probably all the main characters are alive.

Ichiya in the preview screaming sounds like we will have some fun scenes.
Aug 28, 2016 7:26 AM
Jan 2016
VahalaYT said:
So if the world they are in is fake then that means that canaria, hime-san and hontaro are alive in the real world ?

No sadly they are dead most probably everyone who got attacked by unknown is dead cause come one even if they can see those red eye aliens in replacement of something other then at least those unknown creature can see the Canaria and Hime as allies will not hurt them.....
And those pillars squashing those students in previous episode (that hurted) spilled blood no chance sadly.

And what's up with all this hate for this anime and "I saw that right coming through "
"It was obvious "
Let me tell you something no it wasn't. Yes it would be obvious that he will see red world as everyone who watched previous episode knows it or someone who following LN. Seriously why there are salty haters everywhere anime community....
Aug 28, 2016 8:57 AM

Dec 2012
Really a good episode with a nice plot. For me, Kasumi and Asuha were the two characters that I liked the most, so I'm happy that they get more screen time.

Now I'm looking forward to see more explaination.
Aug 28, 2016 10:08 AM
Dec 2014
The thing I like about this series is that it doesn't give fan service nor harem

It has a nice story, dark and serious, I know everything is obvious but it's still enjoyable for me

8/10 for whole series
5/5 for this episode
Aug 28, 2016 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Destined_One said:
No sadly they are dead most probably everyone who got attacked by unknown is dead cause come one even if they can see those red eye aliens in replacement of something other then at least those unknown creature can see the Canaria and Hime as allies will not hurt them.....
And those pillars squashing those students in previous episode (that hurted) spilled blood no chance sadly.

Somehow I doubt that.
There's a few things I noticed that sort of adds up, you can correct me if I'm mistaken.

1st is Canaria who got crushed before, but somehow conveniently a villain boss appears afterward to face maihime. The boss is also capable of using power similar to Canaria by empowering others, albeit reversed this time.

2nd is what the tentacle boobie told kasumi about livestocks need to 'stay' asleep in the fake world. (Fun fact, you now know how airi operates multiple screens from all angles!)
Honestly, we still don't know anything about this yet, other than the fact that they're sleeping in this fake world with no normal means to 'wake up'.

3rd is Hotaru and Maihime who choose to get wiped out deliberately after finding out the world is fake. I doubt those 2 would pull a double suicide simply because the world they know is fake, since Maihime would still protect her friends regardless. The answer lies in what they truly saw after having their chips completely broken.

Lastly is the purpose of unknowns in the fake world of Qualidea code.
All they do is destroying humans, but for what purpose exactly? The tentacles hate them for a reason. It's a fake world and unknowns are destroying their livestock being humans sleeping. But why?

Remember the conversation between Airi and Gutoku that 'they' don't know when to give up, being the creatures they are.

I would assume that those 'creatures' are actually humans using a programming code, infiltrating the fake world as a foreign code or 'unknowns' to save the students again and again.

Strange, I didn't notice any blood splatter from those students getting crushed by drop pods myself.

tl:dr, No one's really dead.
Aug 28, 2016 11:46 AM

Dec 2013
Did nobody get that Elfen Lied vibe from when the bitchy woman started hacking and slashing with her invisible tentacles?

I'm assuming that the kids are stuck in sleep pods being tapped into this psudo-matrix world of theirs. The "invaders" are all resistance fighters trying to get the kids out of this funk by any means possible.

I'm just wondering exactly how the rest of the kids will manage to wake up.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Aug 28, 2016 12:08 PM
Oct 2011
To expand upon my early theories, what if the students were captured people shown this fake world to fight "unknown" [which I am just theorizing is actually human - like having the enemy kill themselves]: So the part I wanted to add: what if all these people were abducted from schools. Would explain why there's few adults to many students.
Aug 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Jun 2013
fuck just tell the secret already
Aug 28, 2016 12:10 PM

Oct 2015
Almost dropped this series as early as ep 2 if it weren't for the Chigusa siblings, esp Kasumi! They're definitely my favorite character and imho the most interesting, despite their somewhat "boring" personalities. As for the whole series, I still think it's bad and I didn't seriously watch the previous episodes; I only looked up from my phone when it's the siblings' scenes LOL So this ep really somehow revived my interest because of the new plot twists and also, focus on Kasumi and Asuha, and I liked the overall pacing. It's slow but I prefer it over nonstop action scenes that don't add any significance to the plot.

3/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 12:53 PM

Jan 2014
Those who already read the NV or being spoiled somehow please let me watch the series in peace...

Canaria should stay dead so that Tokyo shounen can go temee all the way against Kasumi

More wincest pls they are so cute together <3<3<3

P.s the story is very interesting even from the start, people wouldnt have hard feelings for this if only it got better animation. And seriously i can give it 10/10 much more easily if the animation is better
rorimoeAug 28, 2016 12:58 PM
Aug 28, 2016 1:15 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Well that was a surprising and somewhat shocking episode

Guess now that the Chiba siblings are the main characters now that Maihime and Hotaru are apparently gone.

That medical officer from HQ being a bad guy was not surprising but the fact that she had powers as well was. Glad that she is dead though because she was so annoying.

Nice to see that Aoi is getting much more of a role now but wished that it was under better circumstances. Im loving her character at the moment though because she is just so kind and well normal. Im also a great fan of her seiyuu Amamiya Sora as well. So thats a bonus lol.

The siblings have a interesting relationship to say the least lol. You have to wonder just what kind when the sister gets jealous when her brother is with another girl lol.

Wonder whether everyone at HQ is an enemy and is in fact controlling this war and world.

anyway can't wait till next week to see what happens
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
Tylermn93 said:
Ya know, normally I like characters similiar to how the twins are personality wise. Yet I don't really care for either of them and same ordeal with incest in anime it normally doesn't bother me but with these two it does.

Even though Suzaku is an arrogant dick I would prefer to follow this from his perspective. I wanna see him go crazy and just destroy everything. Doesnt he have deep respect and gratitude for the adults, what will happen when he learns the truth?

Agree with every word. Somehow the chiba siblings are annoying and irritating to see after all that happened to kanegawa pair. Icchan is rendered a cameo MC, he comes, yells and is never seen again in an episode

So the adults are not human and the kids are 'livestock', when students are sent 'inside', it means they are butchered and eaten???
Aug 28, 2016 3:42 PM

Nov 2011
If it wasn't so poorly animated this anime would be really good. The Voice Actors, characters, and story are all likable in my opinion, but my god the animation is brutal.

Well seems like the Adults are pieces of shit, sucks because I like "Mom"
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 28, 2016 5:01 PM

Jul 2015
Without Maihime and Canaria, there is a serious lack in happiness. The brother and sister are pretty okay characters though, as long as they here, I can watch this anime, in fact, their probably the best two characters in this anime... confirmed to be alive. Pretty cool ending, and the world is fake, but that's not all that surprising really.

But ummm, one thing that really bugs me. People are working, some of them are goofing off playing around. How do they do this? By just straight up chucking rocks at each other? Like... what? they can't have a competition to see who can throw the rocks the furthest or something?
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 28, 2016 7:26 PM
Oct 2011
SoraSenpai said:
If it wasn't so poorly animated this anime would be really good. The Voice Actors, characters, and story are all likable in my opinion, but my god the animation is brutal.

I felt like they were a lot more consistent with the animation lately. Id prefer mediocre quality throughout vs jarring differences in quality but that's just my preference. And to be honest the issues with quality in this anime wasn't as bad as some others from this or last season like sousei no onmyouji or hitori no shita the outcast.

On that note is this becoming a trend? I have been seeing more of it lately in regards to animation quality. Whether they are picking and choosing where to spend their money, or just dropping the quality altogether for some time.
Aug 28, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
That ED song though. The music and the characters are definitely my favorite part of this series.

The story is getting more and more interesting each episode too. I'm still sad that Maihime died though :(
Aug 28, 2016 11:09 PM

Mar 2014
no character developments at all.
Aug 29, 2016 2:41 AM

Dec 2012
QC certainly does have it flaws which sorely stick out but the show is really interesting to me, and so far the main cast seems to be a pretty likeable bunch. The Chiba camp siblings are more interesting than I thought they would be now that the show is focusing on them. This is the anime I anticipate the most every week now.

Suzaku seems to be pretty amusing now than he was. He's just some angry emo kid running around whining and being depressed. Also, if that if is Suzaku screaming in the ED preview, I think I might actually be more amused at him. So bad it's good
allo
Aug 29, 2016 4:56 AM
Mar 2012
14:49 Kasumi still keeps mystery shard (not the chip since it's quite thick). His chip is sliced by Hotaru, but one eye still sees the fake world, while another is creepy red.
Canaria's back!...only in the ED, nice morning hair.
Sounds like livestock matrix jailbreak next, with more edgy Suzaku.
Really like sibling's interactions, best pair balances out derp animation.
17:04 Elfenlied's left flap dress switched to right flap as she sat down.
Aug 29, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
The truth is slowly revealing itself. I like the Chiba siblings.
Aug 29, 2016 11:14 AM

May 2012
is this sort of like " The Matrix" ?

and the "Adults" probably have no idea that AOI also know the secret behind the real and fake world, since her world ability is there is no knowledge in the entire world she didnt know? or something similar to that? Isn't it like she's a database or something?

and I assume that, these kids need to undergo some sort of experiments in the real world, - similar to the matrix maybe? some sort of multiplayer game? hmmm
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Aug 29, 2016 12:59 PM

Apr 2016
Very interesting episode.
Looking forward for more answers next week. :)
Aug 29, 2016 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
I am glad I didn't drop this anime.......the new ED is awesome ^^
Aug 30, 2016 6:04 AM

Apr 2015
I seriously hope that Chigusa isn't in love with her brother... Their interactions are cute but lets keep it at that.

The woman who died was really hot lol.

Decent episode.
Aug 30, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2014
from the first episode until now i waiting for this moment, when chigusa sibling got potlight and it didnt dissapoint, and i began to hope suzaku rampaging everywhere to kill everyone when at first i hate that lol.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Aug 31, 2016 1:20 AM

Jun 2013
It honestly really sucks the show is actually starting to get really good after the shit fest it started as. Hopefully it continues like this
Sep 1, 2016 11:08 AM
Nov 2008
Otaku-thon said:

Side note: To those who read the LN

Sep 1, 2016 6:24 PM
Mar 2015
I wonder if this show is getting into "The Matrix" territory or "Inception"

But anyways, I'm convinced more than ever that Canaria is not only alive, but so are those other two girls (Cant remember their names.) and that this is a dream like world.

The only thing is, will the MC convince himself to escape or do something cause it looks like he is going insane.

I actually quit this show after EP 4 cause Canaria dying that way was such BS, and utterly stupid. But with all this weird Inception, Matrix level stuff happening, I think i'll finish this series.

Good episode.
Sep 11, 2016 1:42 PM

Jul 2009
Hotaru was smart to noticed they were living in another reality, so I believe they are all alive and the adults are the bad guys...
Sep 18, 2016 4:31 AM

Apr 2016
Strangely, the matrix stuff made the show more interesting for me, so I kinda like where this is going right now. I am hoping for better episodes from now on as I didn't really like the first half of the anime...

Also, I usually love the strong redheads, so Asuha is bad ass! :)
x0lt0xSep 18, 2016 4:37 AM
Dec 1, 2017 10:58 PM
Jul 2015
Do you think the sibling love in this episode is more deep than the sibling love in Mahouka Koukousei ?
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Jun 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Apr 2016
Well, I know it was predictable, but it's interesting nonetheless. The previous two episodes were quite boring but this one was interesting, let's see.
Apr 5, 2023 9:38 AM

Dec 2022
Asuha and Kasumi are definitely the most enjoyable characters. Maybe Suzaku would be interesting too, but he needs more screentime. Even him going "crazy" in the last episode was cut short so the episode could focus on Hotaru and Maihime.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

111 by redorzo »»
Feb 23, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

93 by redorzo »»
Feb 17, 4:22 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

105 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

175 by redorzo »»
Feb 14, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Qualidea Code Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2016

89 by redorzo »»
Feb 13, 11:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.