Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 29, 2016 6:03 AM

May 2014
Erina's mom's "baring" was funny as hell lol
Again, awesome episode!! I like how they interpret the swords of each candidate. Souma's at it again :D 5/5
Aug 29, 2016 7:29 AM

May 2015
Nice episode :) Yukihira will win, i'm sure of it :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Aug 29, 2016 10:01 AM
Jun 2013
Soma unsheathe his katana, the blade of all blades.
Aug 29, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 2018
Alice and Ryo as kids <3
Aug 29, 2016 9:53 PM

May 2011
ridley388 said:
What's up with not serving the plate how it's supposed to be, that should not be allowed, that is playing freely with the judges emotions.

This was sorta my reaction. I don't understand why nearly everyone thought that cliffhanger was so amazing. I thought it was pretty dumb. Time is already up. Sorry Soma. You don't get to add more to the dish just because the judges weren't overwhelmed by it.
Aug 30, 2016 10:27 AM

Jul 2016
Plot twist :
soma lost because the judges wont get seconds
Aug 31, 2016 3:05 AM

Jun 2013
Why do people always say "You're not serious about this competition!" If I had a dollar every time someone said that in every shounen competition, I'd buy myself a freaking country.

Alice's mom's accent is pretty annoying, I know it's supposed to be funny but it's not funny at all. I'm tired of how they assume foreigners sound when speaking Japanese. It obviously sounds like a Japanese person talking like a foreigner speaking in Japanese.

Also, can Soma please lose at least once? I'm tired of this fucking Marty Stu and his orgasmic creations. I don't give a fuck either if the series is named after him. Then again, I'm not watching for him, I'm watching for the food.
臭い-
Aug 31, 2016 5:55 AM

Jul 2015
Ryo is up first and makes people lose their clothes. This is probably the most intense talk about melting butter I will ever hear, and it even fixed the white haired mom's Japanese and turned her into an angel. Hayama also, makes everybody lose their clothes with food even more intense. And then Soma enters, and does not make everybody lose their clothes, but that only seems to happen when it's unexpected. Now to wait and see who actually wins once they try out whatever Soma is gonna pull.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 31, 2016 4:21 PM

Oct 2007
souma unsheathes his sword and he's going ban***
all the sword and beast references are hilarious. This is one intense cooking match!
Next episode title is Genius. And we all know who they're referring too :D
Aug 31, 2016 7:58 PM
Jan 2008
It's sad that they rushed the story again... Some nice panels got lost cause of that (like this page - https://67.media.tumblr.com/a7cfb28aac61c29a10364b40f8c05da5/tumblr_ocfownRSOb1vqs8eoo1_1280.jpg ).

Ryo and Alice, oh, kids, you are so precious ;u; A ship really worth shipping.

I hope next week will be note so on speed... Chapters 103 and 104 are my personal favourites in the whole manga >.<
Sep 1, 2016 4:12 AM

Apr 2015
The cliff nooooooo.

Anyway great episode can't wait for the next one.

Btw this mother damn. Simply too much HNGG.
Sep 1, 2016 7:37 AM
Sep 2015
Berserk reference (using FF characters [Cloud for Kurokiba, Zidane for Hayama]) made the day.

And for people complaining about contests, may I remind you that this is indeed a contest?
Sep 1, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2015
Man this was an awesome ep Alice's mother was hilarious as always xD can't wait to see what tricks soma has up his sleeve to give him the edge all their dishes were great though i'm hype for next week now

I loved when they were comparing their cooking to swords Ryo went full Guts or Cloud and Hayama looked like he could be a character in Arslan xD now Soma has got to pull a Rurouni Kenshin to win this haha
Sep 1, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
The mere thought that the Director didn't take-off his top clothes suggests that Souma didn't even made the judges appreciate his creation and then suddenly Souma releases his secret trump card is frigginly cliffhanger! DAMN!
5/5!
matias067Sep 1, 2016 7:57 PM

Sep 1, 2016 11:17 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, I LOVE Alice and Ryou's relationship!!! Seeing their cooking battles go back so long was so cute, especially how that's when he started calling her "ojou" after his first win XD Really hope he wins (for her) :P His dish looks really delicious ... oh my gosh *_* Alice's mother is too funny lol, how does she suddenly speak Japanese properly?! If I'm not mistaken, in the flashback to Alice and Ryou as kids she spoke fluently then :P Akira's dish looks pretty good too, and so does Souma's. Looks like he's got another trick up his sleeve though, since his initial offering didn't seem to impress as much as the others did. Let's see how this changes things, but I still hope that Ryou wins ... :P
Sep 4, 2016 3:09 PM

Dec 2009
Hayama beat Kurokiba if it was a one vs one.

To be fair they both are really strong cooks. Alice is probably in that group as well among the first years.

Soma was pretty ballsy not serving his entire dish right off the bat.
Sep 6, 2016 1:42 PM
Sep 2009
Can't say it's fair. Like yeh, lots of characters go "please try dipping food now" but not after the bowl was finished.

Personally I would love for Ryo to win, I think he deserved it more.
Sep 17, 2016 3:03 PM

Aug 2014
Not the baring I was looking forward to see :(
Sep 25, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was intense! Really looking forward to see what the next episode has to offer, but well this sure looks pretty epic!
Oct 1, 2016 3:43 PM

Dec 2015
I was so nervous when Yukihira was about to serve his dish, it seems like he still has something up his sleeve.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 1, 2016 10:38 PM
Mar 2012
Mother's accent, Alice & doggy backstory were hilarious.
Fate references too stronk. Mom's actually Irisviel so she knows Sasaki Kojirou, and lol Shiro's archery club with saury.
Sword imagery were cool too.
Oct 8, 2016 4:46 PM

Apr 2010
This gets more stupid by the episode. People constantly getting naked from eating meals, some sword fight is there for some reason and now there's yet another good looking female character now with a silly voice gimmick.

The first season wasn't too bad but this one is awful. Funnily enough it's the actual Food Wars that bring it down. These "battles" just make the show go full retard.
Oct 10, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2014
I'm tired of everyone in the school still assuming that Yukihira still has no skill. I mean like he has obviously proven them wrong so any times already.
Let’s say I posed this question to you: “Can all human souls be bought with money or not?” Now remember, the keyword here is “all”. The answer is “There are times when you can buy them, and other times, not,” right? The human being… sometimes he’ll uphold his pride and conscience even if he’s offered ten billion yen, and other times he’ll murder someone over one yen. ~Izaya Ohira (Durarara)
Nov 28, 2016 8:42 PM

Mar 2015
I love how everyone just dismisses Soma and he jumps in with an awesome twist!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Dec 14, 2016 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
I like how the audience is judging how good the dishes are through the director's chest-baring. LOL sounds so ridiculous but too damn hilarious!! xD
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 13, 2017 5:33 AM

May 2013
LOL I love it when Alice's mom goes "bare" hahhahahaa
Apr 7, 2017 8:19 AM
Aug 2014
The "cliffhanger" was just silly, he shouldn't be allowed to serve a second dish.
Glad the battles are almost over at least as they're rather boring with all the over the top reactions and all the babbling about how the dish was made taking up almost all the time in each episode.
Apr 11, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
Man, both Ryou & Akira presentation were superb. Let’s see what is MC plot armor Ace up his sleeve... XD
Apr 17, 2017 6:52 PM

Jul 2013
Just wow. These 3 are topping almost everything we could see before. It's a battle of giants. Ryous dish looked so good in these cling wrap bags. This dish surpassed the dish he made in the semifinal. Also Akiras dish was completely different and everyone thought it's failure, but after he began burn the fish it was like magic.

Also interesting to hear and see more about Ryous and Alices past together. Ryou lost every cooking duel for 2 years. Only after these 2 years he was able to beat Alice for the first time.

The reaction of the jury was so genius. The director was naked after eating Akiras and Ryous dish and Alices mother rapped like Eminem xD

Soumas dish looked also soo good but it didn't got the reaction we expected, at least the jury had not enthusiasm as before. But as we know Souma it seems he has an ace in the hole. I can't really imagine what it will be but let's see if he can beat Akira and Ryou with it.

Jun 8, 2017 12:53 AM

Jul 2012
Might've been that they didn't explain Sōma's dish enough, but I also thought it was lacking compared to the other two. I'm glad he still has an ace up his sleeve. Now to find out what that is :D
Sep 14, 2017 5:30 AM

Aug 2013
Alice's mother going "bare" was funny.

Looks like Souma has another trick up his sleeve.

Oct 27, 2017 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
Really interesting and intense the challenge seen in this episode, although the plate created by Yukihira did not surprise me any more, however the finale is really exciting. Alice's mom is really nice and fun. How are cute Ryou and Alice as children.
Nov 12, 2017 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
Aww and here I thought we would get some godly fanservice from Alice's mom... Still a great episode.
Nov 21, 2017 11:44 AM
Oct 2017
The episode was amazing. What really brought me into it is the change in music for each dish, really distinguishes the characters
Feb 7, 2018 2:33 AM

Dec 2012
That moon.
Time to get our 3-way Shokugeki on!
LMAO at Leonara's reaction at being called obaasama.
Dat flashback.
Ryou finished first.
Dat Leonara body. Dat oppai. Show the nipples!
Alice oppai.
lol at Leonara making her fluent now..
Leonara oppai in that swimsuit.
Akira's turn.
Alice and Erina oppai.
Oh shit! Dem Leonara legs. Dat oppai. Dat body. Show the nipples!
lol at Leonara saying Tsubame Gaeshi and Koujiro Sasaki.
Souma's turn.
Alice and Erina oppai.
The director hasn't gone bare-chested.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 1, 2019 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, tasty food makes her fluent in Japanese, that's something new.
Jul 3, 2019 6:16 PM

May 2016
Ryou spent years battling against a prodigy in molecular gastronomy practically every day while ceaselessly training to keep his senses sharp enough to hone his proficiency in making seafood dishes and all that hard work definitely showed in his dish. Out of the three presented that night, Ryou's dish was the most delicious-looking one to me. He took a page out of Hayama's book and utilized a flavour bomb but he topped it off with an explosive visual impact to amaze everyone in the room! It's an assault to nearly all the senses and I love it

Hayama initially served an appetizer but it quickly became the main dish of the night when he whipped out that blowtorch and lit the fuse of his most powerful weapon yet himself. From what I know, it looks like blowtorch searing is usually done by the French so that might be a nod to Ryou's specialty of cooking French seafood dishes and that mixture he brushed over the fish might also be a nod towards Soma's specialty of creating delicious versions of everyday Japanese cuisine. He really embodied the saying that less is more tonight since he created such a tantalizingly powerful aroma with just one spice instead of cocktail of spices like he usually does.

Soma's food was delicious but it wasn't foodgasmic enough for the Director to take off his shirt...or so it seems. He's not done yet and he'll be unsheathing his blade real soon!

Jan 8, 2020 6:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're all good but obviously Souma is here to bring the most foodgasmic plate, can't wait to see him win
Feb 10, 2020 9:34 PM

Aug 2017
It was a good episode but just like Phloppo said, why Souma didn't give them the full meal right from the beginning?

If they try to make a cliffhanger with that, they failed immediately.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 3, 2020 4:31 PM

Mar 2010
Man I was hoping to see some breasts exposed on accident but I guess that only happens in real time tv. Anyways tis a good battle so far.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 17, 2021 12:35 PM
Jan 2020
Now that was epic! I'm curious to see what special weapon Souma saved for last
Jul 11, 2021 7:16 PM

Jul 2017
Decent episode. Again, could have used more actual cooking since the pacing feels a bit fast and the match turns out to be a bit dry because of it, even in the fucking final. But at least Soma's situation is interesting as for once, he's in a true catchup situation where his opponents are leagues ahead of him with the actual theme of the dish. But the guy's still got an outside shot with that cliffhanger.

I think Kurokiba's out of the match, and it's between Soma and Hayama. Hayama with the advantage since he truly got the most out of a carpaccio, without utilizing so many spices and having the most cohesive dish without overpowering anything. Kurokiba also did well but his dish feels a lot more standard compared to Hayama. Soma at least has the aging process to provide some different flavors and there's a secret weapon still there so it's probably a 1v1 showdown now.

Also, I love Alice's mom.
Nov 25, 2022 4:30 PM
May 2020
It was great content, but I wish this wasn't all squeezed into ONE episode.
Jan 12, 2023 4:09 PM

Feb 2022
lol@ the mom's japanese
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
May 25, 2023 12:30 AM

Aug 2011
I CANT BELIEVE ILLYA MOM FROM FATE IS IN THIS EPISODE
Jul 12, 2023 11:54 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

363 by eeniemewie »»
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.