Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aug 25, 2016 11:37 PM

I'm up to episode 5 and I'm going to continue, but I really am not into the entire characters explaining every move and giving slow thoughts during frantic situations as if I'm a dumb viewer. I hope it picks up.

Also, I've been appreciating the art, but I don't forgive these kinds of blunders.

1) http://i.imgbox.com/Oj3n5YlX.png Pours tea. The animation of the liquid and ripples are fluid and fast. Ripple was fast, then sudden quick stop with remaining ripples just paused there.

2) http://i.imgbox.com/n0qBawgQ.png Bland textures on the door. I'm not a fan of low resolution clone brushing a.k.a. Photoshopping textures.

3) http://i.imgbox.com/5G69ezyT.png What is this mess. There's seams and spots in the sky. It almost looks like someone drew a 5-pointed star. Like a kid.

Please explain why this has been given a pass to be in the final product.
Modified by Wicked_Edward, Aug 29, 2016 8:03 PM

Aug 29, 2016 6:49 PM

Wicked_Edward said:
I'm up to episode 5 and I'm going to continue, but I really am not into the entire characters explaining every move and giving slow thoughts during frantic situations as if I'm a dumb viewer. I hope it picks up.

I'm watching the series for the first time as well, following along with the reddit rewatch discussions from a year ago. I agree with your complaint there; in my own words, my biggest complaints through episode five are the info dumps/name drops, the fact the show is multifaceted to the point of confusion and near incoherence at times, the idle chatter during fights (as you also say), and many of the heroic spirits feeling very uninspired and shallow in their writing. The only interesting spirit thus far to me is Iskandar.

Really hoping it picks up, but this feels more like a 6.5-7 to me instead of a 9-10 as it is heralded by many.

Aug 29, 2016 8:02 PM

GileonFletcher said:
I'm watching the series for the first time as well, following along with the reddit rewatch discussions from a year ago. I agree with your complaint there; in my own words, my biggest complaints through episode five are the info dumps/name drops, the fact the show is multifaceted to the point of confusion and near incoherence at times, the idle chatter during fights (as you also say), and many of the heroic spirits feeling very uninspired and shallow in their writing. The only interesting spirit thus far to me is Iskandar.

Really hoping it picks up, but this feels more like a 6.5-7 to me instead of a 9-10 as it is heralded by many.

Just finished it a couple days ago. It definitely picks up. I really appreciate some of the later episodes that go into backstory for certain characters. There will be more fights, and while they lay out their strategy/plans into motion, it also isn't as slow as it was in the beginning. Overall, I thought the entire show is quite overrated. I really didn't feel for any of the characters, especially some one-dimensional ones. Once it was finished, I still enjoyed it once it was said and done.

And Iskandar is the GOAT. Coming from the dub perspective, though I know he's enjoyable in all regards.
Modified by Wicked_Edward, Aug 29, 2016 8:05 PM

Aug 29, 2016 8:21 PM

Are some people that concerned with freaking door textures that you only see for about 30 seconds ?

Edit: @Wicked_Edward so you admit you enjoyed the show yet gave it a 1 ? Does the MAL collective rating bother you that much ?

Aug 29, 2016 8:42 PM

Apparently so.

Bait. Oops. I don't see anything wrong with the visuals. It's not the show's fault for not delivering up to your standards, it's mere preferences bud.

ἡ φύσις οὐδὲν ποιεῖ ἅλματα.

συκεροκυ™

Aug 30, 2016 8:49 PM

KingRequiem said:
Are some people that concerned with freaking door textures that you only see for about 30 seconds ?

It's enough for me to notice it, isn't it? It's more than the door. It's through the entire show. It's why I prefer cel-animation instead of cheap texture jobs. How about you explain the 5-pointed star or seams/dots in the sky??

Sadist said:
I don't see anything wrong with the visuals. It's not the show's fault for not delivering up to your standards, it's mere preferences bud.

Explain the flaws I mentioned then. It's not about preference. Or maybe you admit to your low standards.

Aug 30, 2016 8:53 PM

Wicked_Edward said:
KingRequiem said:

It's enough for me to notice it, isn't it? It's more than the door. It's through the entire show. It's why I prefer cel-animation instead of cheap texture jobs. How about you explain the 5-pointed star or seams/dots in the sky??

Sadist said:
I don't see anything wrong with the visuals. It's not the show's fault for not delivering up to your standards, it's mere preferences bud.

Explain the flaws I mentioned then. It's not about preference. Or maybe you admit to your low standards.

I think @GileonFletcher has made good points while you have only mentioned things you disliked about it without going further than I didn't like it because the animation's texture is cheap. Yes you have made yourself clear.

I was not talking about preference in terms of visuals. Yeah you didn't like the spoonfeeding so surely you would have preferred something else--something you thought would make the show better?

I do not feel obliged to explain the flaws of the show since I have not seen it in a long time so it's not fresh in my mind. But I admit there are many glaringly obvious flaws--then again this is all subjective and based on personal interpretation.

Oh why, I don't care at all. Everyone's standards are different if you open your eyes mate. Some preferred the spoon feeding to avoid future confusion, some like you do not.

It's not about you.

complaining something about minor details; visuals out of everything is indeed laughable, don't you think.

I guess there is a correlation of complaining about something so minor with not enjoying the show due to a myriad of factors as you have highlighted above.
Modified by Sadist, Aug 30, 2016 9:40 PM

συκεροκυ™

Aug 31, 2016 12:10 AM

Sadist said:
I do not feel obliged to explain the flaws of the show since I have not seen it in a long time so it's not fresh in my mind. But I admit there are many glaringly obvious flaws--then again this is all subjective and based on personal interpretation.

Oh why, I don't care at all. Everyone's standards are different if you open your eyes mate. Some preferred the spoon feeding to avoid future confusion, some like you do not.

It's not about you.

You're right. "Standards". Some people prefer abusing other people or support Trump for president. It's not about me! It's about dumbing plot specifics down to dialogue that drags for no purpose other than to have viewers play catch-up. Call it a certain style or direction choice or anything else, it simply is an easier way out to deal with scenes that could otherwise have been created better, slightly faster and stylized. It sticks to old conventions. Regardless, preference isn't directly correlated with standards which is why I asked. Some people are just able to see it more clearer than others.

Negating the fact that I've mentioned the show gets better, you still choose to ignore the sky image I've presented in the original post. If you don't want to say anything about it, then making a fuss about why I made such a complaint seems silly, don't you think?

Aug 31, 2016 12:32 AM

"I enjoyed it" *Rates it a 1*

Kek
My Queens

Aug 31, 2016 1:32 AM

The most retarded thread of 2016. And that says something.. because 95% of mal's daily threads are trash.

"Muh coolness is top tier cuz i gave a series that is good 1!!!! Ask some talented trolls to teach you how it's done before you fill this section with your nonsense.
Ain't the first time though that i see Fate/Zero being too much for certain peoples lil brain.

Aug 31, 2016 5:40 AM

Wicked_Edward said:

Also, I've been appreciating the art, but I don't forgive these kinds of blunders.

1) http://i.imgbox.com/Oj3n5YlX.png Pours tea. The animation of the liquid and ripples are fluid and fast. Ripple was fast, then sudden quick stop with remaining ripples just paused there.

2) http://i.imgbox.com/n0qBawgQ.png Bland textures on the door. I'm not a fan of low resolution clone brushing a.k.a. Photoshopping textures.

3) http://i.imgbox.com/5G69ezyT.png What is this mess. There's seams and spots in the sky. It almost looks like someone drew a 5-pointed star. Like a kid.

Please explain why this has been given a pass to be in the final product.

The 1st one is the only reasonable complaint. After this post i think its good they explained everything to you.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 31, 2016 5:53 AM

Wicked_Edward said:
Sadist said:

It's not about you.

You're right. "Standards". Some people prefer abusing other people or support Trump for president. It's not about me! It's about dumbing plot specifics down to dialogue that drags for no purpose other than to have viewers play catch-up. Call it a certain style or direction choice or anything else, it simply is an easier way out to deal with scenes that could otherwise have been created better, slightly faster and stylized. It sticks to old conventions. Regardless, preference isn't directly correlated with standards which is why I asked. Some people are just able to see it more clearer than others.

Negating the fact that I've mentioned the show gets better, you still choose to ignore the sky image I've presented in the original post. If you don't want to say anything about it, then making a fuss about why I made such a complaint seems silly, don't you think?

Well, good for you that you think so. Do I get a reward for acknowledging this fact?

I don't think it's silly. It's called stating the obvious that this thread cannot be taken seriously. I do not post on similar threads but this one is the epitome of utter nonsense.

Oopsies, got baited again. Silly me.

συκεροκυ™

Aug 31, 2016 6:09 PM

Damn, what a bunch of jokers. Can't even admit to the flaws I pointed out. Only responding due to being butthurt about their beloved anime by saying it's not serious when I've given proof for my claims.

Aug 31, 2016 6:12 PM

Kudo said:
The most retarded thread of 2016. And that says something.. because 95% of mal's daily threads are trash.

"Muh coolness is top tier cuz i gave a series that is good 1!!!! Ask some talented trolls to teach you how it's done before you fill this section with your nonsense.
Ain't the first time though that i see Fate/Zero being too much for certain peoples lil brain.
Nice bait, mate. Fate/Zero is easy enough for any child to understand.

Sep 1, 2016 5:19 AM

Wicked_Edward said:
Kudo said:

Nice bait, mate. Fate/Zero is easy enough for any child to understand.

That says alot about you. :|

Sep 1, 2016 6:37 PM

Kudo said:
I'm butthurt and can't address the art flaws. :|
I understand you.