Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 25, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Dam..kidnapped and gagged.

Junko is not kidding around this episode. Pretty intense episode but I really hope they remove the censors during tha chaos in the classroom. Return of the pink blood as well. For some reason, I can't get out of that song out of my head Crazy episode.
Aug 25, 2016 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
Despair girl said not interested in anime, so animator guy got mad. When she actually saw his work in progress, she got touched. Mind controlling using animation?? Wow.

Missing people? Animator guy got taken away to work for despair girl. Even the nurse girl is touched by his animation.

Despair girl told student council members to kill each other. At first they told each other not to listen to her, but they ended up killing each other, while assassin girl sings "Tsubasa wo kudasai". The long hair guy was called to make the project a bad name and cause fear for the school.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 25, 2016 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Im all good for sudden twists and all that shiz but Jesus Christ that song while they were killing each other.... last time I heard that song was from watching K-ON, can you imagine how that feels like? a moe anime song in your head with visuals of students fcking murdering one another.... thus despair continues.
Aug 25, 2016 9:18 AM

Dec 2012
Too Corpse Party for my poor heart, I really didn't want to see that scene animated.
Fucking bitch blamed all that on my boy Izuru. Not only that, SHE DESTROYED ALL MITARAI'S ANIME COLLECTION, SUCH A HORRIBLE BITCH

What a surprise that Nanami is alive, I wonder how she'll die now. Izuru's gonna kill her anyway tho

Best scene of the whole episode hands down:

Ko naked and it's not fanart, what a time to be alive. He has no care in the world, which is btw to an end. Ily son

I liked the fact Kirigiri headmaster told Kizakura to look after Kirigiri, that explains why he sticks with her in Future Side the whole time. Clever,clever. (What a good boy Scout is, but he'll prob die anyway ;_;)
steponmebakuraAug 25, 2016 9:29 AM
Aug 25, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
Junko is so fascinating..... linking all this to the mirai volume I think maybe I kow who is the killer.....
Aug 25, 2016 9:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that was just deviously awesome :3

So messed up yet still strangely so satisfying to watch everything crumble just like that. Say what you want but Junko is one of the best villains I've ever seen really
Aug 25, 2016 9:27 AM

Jul 2014
The colors are so DULL.
"Hi!"
Aug 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
Shit just got the realest it's been so far. Despair's really bringing the A game.
Aug 25, 2016 9:34 AM

Apr 2015
I loved that episode so much. Ryota probably thought that Junko had good intentions, I hope he'll not fall into despair. The scene with the student council was so beautiful and sad at the same time with Mukuro's singing in the background I litteraly got the chills. Now we know how Mikan "fell in love" with Junko. I'm happy that Chiaki is still alive but I can feel that she will die soon.
+ Komaeda naked is one of the best thing that happened in dr history.
Aug 25, 2016 9:35 AM

Dec 2007
woke up to a new episode, loved it great episode, nice glimpse into her beta version of the game, almost heavy on the Battle Royal film when junko pushs that cart of goodies.

Aug 25, 2016 9:37 AM

Feb 2008
This episode felt so despairing while watching it.
All killing in class room, show us that scene how it end up in first Danganronpa anime in that classroom scene.
Enoshima Junko true villian.
When Student president and both got painful stab laying down there when they want a beautiful dead but nope they got despair and pain.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 25, 2016 9:40 AM

Jul 2010
Komaeda singing the ending song, it is officially not Naegi but Komaeda.

I underestimated Junko's craziness levels.

Still thinking that Kizakura is the traitor. If not he wouldn't recommend Junko and Mukuro into the school. His job is scouting god damn it. If he is not the traitor, then he is the biggest idiot ever.

May 2016
What the fuck did you just fucking say about anime, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in Hope´s Speak Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous key-frame animation jobs for KyoAni, and I´ve made storybooards for over 300 anime episodes. I am trained in paintbrush animation and I’m the top character designer in all og Japan. You are nothing to me but just another troll. I will turn you into an otaku with speed the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me irl? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am planning on my head the sickest fight coreography you´ve ever seen, so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can make you get hyped in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in cel animation, but I have access to the entire arsenal of drawing software and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Aug 2016
What 'shocked' me in this episode is that I believed Nanami was one of the members of the student council (wasn't she elected or something in the first few episodes?), and I thought she was going to get killed there. I'm still sure she's going to die somehow, but every scenario I can think of is even more gruesome than what I originally anticipated. So she's in for a cruel fate.

So Izuru was set up by Junko and 'only' killed one person in self-defense.

Oh, and way to doom Kizakura, Kodaka. I did expect it though, so that doesn't come off as a surprise to me.
ManecleisAug 25, 2016 9:43 AM

Aug 2010
WTF did I just watch?? That was corpse party max. I kinda cringed damn
And Izuru just watching like that...so he was setup (I haven't read DR0)

Kizakura shade is pretty much gone now for Mirai-hen. He's just a weird teacher not an evil bastard.

Junko and Mukuro were great as usual. So much despair. DAT JUNKO ASS :L Dem Mukuro blushes. AND DAT MIKAN fall. Despair Mikan incoming soon!!

AND NANAMI SURVIVED!!!!!!!!! YESSS

Ofc leaving best for last...KOMAEDA ASS!!!

Apr 2010
DR:Zero
Aug 25, 2016 9:42 AM

Aug 2014
They're really trying to make us like Juzo. After this episode I can at least comprehend why he acts like that in Side Future.

Said that, I really liked this episode because I wasn't expecting they dedicating too much time in this scene, but seeing how important is to some plot points, I understand.

This was best episode of Zetsubou-hen so far, this is why I love Junko so much and that is the part of Danganronpa I love and like the most.
PromesteinsAug 25, 2016 9:52 AM
Aug 25, 2016 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Regarding DR Zero
did they changed that student council incident?
from what i heard it was Izuru who massacred the students while in anime more like both students killed each other.
Aug 25, 2016 9:46 AM

Jul 2012
I'm so happy it was not delayed! ç-ç
RYOUTA BEING TRIGGERED BECAUSE OF ANIME MADE ME LAUGH SO MUCH OMG HAEUIHAUIEHAIUEHAIEHIAUEAIHEIUAHEIUHUAIHEIUH
"DON'T YOU DARE TRASH TALK ANIME" >: (
OMG IT IS BRAINWASHING ANIME WTH Oh Ryouta, what have you done D:
Sonia doesn't like being called a low level demon XD
KOMAEDA GOT THE BOOTY ; ) And now we know wtf happened to him (when I saw the smoke my first reaction was "oh yeah, he is exploding things")
OH TERUTERU JUST STOP PLEASE D: D: D:
Junko abducted Ryouta huh
And people are vanishing as well, I wonder if it's Junko's or Izuru's doing. (Probs not Izuru since he was setup!)
MIKAN'S FIRST ENCOUNTER WITH JUNKO OH MAN Ç-Ç NOOOO MY PRECIOUS LITTLE FANSERVICE BABY Ç-Ç (IwantMikandakimakuratoodamnRyouta)
Dude, what if Ryota's anime was involved in 77th class becoming despairs? Maybe Mikan was used as an experiment?

THE FIRST KILLING GAME ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??!!
I WAS NOT PREPARED AT ALL
(ARE YOU GOING TO KILL ALL THESE NICE AND PROBABLY INTERESTING CHARACTERS? REALLY? LOOK AT THEM THEY LOOK SO COOL D:)
Wow, that was hard to watch D: D: D: The music, so creepy!

BUT, IN THIS CASE, WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO CHIAKI? Ç-Ç
(Scout dude death flag there hihi And now it makes sense that the one he was looking for in Mirai-hen was indeed Kirigiri)

AND IT IS HAPPENING! The reserve course is doomed. The wave has began, man, WHAT A EPISODE!
taynisAug 25, 2016 9:51 AM

Aug 25, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2010
Omnisword said:
Regarding DR Zero
from what i heard it was Izuru who massacred the students while in anime more like both students killed each other.
Junko made us thinking like that i think
Aug 25, 2016 9:49 AM

Sep 2014
So we finally got to see the student council members slaughtering eachother. Junko is slowly but surely asserting her control over the academy.
Aug 25, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2016
Did Komaeda discover one random place when his plane crashed, or did he actually 'land on' Jabberwock Island?
Aug 25, 2016 9:51 AM

Nov 2008
Omnisword said:
Regarding DR Zero

We only ever heard about that from Junko, and it's also the story she feeds the Reserve Course students at the end of the episode. So, it's safe to say that was always Junko's cover story.
Aug 25, 2016 9:54 AM

Apr 2012
Guess I'm the only one around here that thought this episode was beyond underwhelming. Such a huge build-up and it just didn't even pay off...
Ryota's part in this was more interesting than the main event, and his wasn't all that interesting...

Also, Kodaka went the easy way with Kamakura... Yay... /s
Aug 25, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2011
wow, that was brutal and kinda disturbing. I guess it's one of my favorites DR episodes so far.
Things are connecting perfectly to the DR/Zero novel too, I wonder if we're gonna see Matsuda.

And I loved Gundam with his bear in the beginning.
Aug 25, 2016 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
That suck honestly
see all-out Izuru baddasery was the things i awaited the most from stuco incident
Aug 25, 2016 9:57 AM

Feb 2015
Wonder if we'll see Ryouko or, at least, Yasuke in the next episodes
Aug 25, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2016

AH!

Get away, get away!

Seriously?

That was like 2 episodes crammed into 1, they really need more eps to work with...

The motivations for the student council are sooooo dumb, they didn't even try, didn't even think, to bumrush mukuro

ah well. still fun
Aug 25, 2016 10:03 AM
Aug 2016
Blackbird said:

When Student president and both got painful stab laying down there when they want a beautiful dead but nope they got despair and pain.

Student council president didn't die. he is the sole survivor of this killing game

Omnisword said:
Regarding DR Zero

nah it's just cover up story made by junko. the only one that knows the truth about Kamukura just killed one person is Mukuro, Junko, and Izuru himself
also remeber when Izuru have conversation with Komaeda in DR2, hem entioned about how Junko used him on the past for her own agenda and seems not happy about it. i tink whis is what he means

===========================================================================

mat619Aug 25, 2016 10:10 AM
Aug 25, 2016 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
Junko is as crazy as usual.Why does the student council kill each other aside from the fact being threaten by Junko, especially the girl who first killed the guy holding shotgun. Is it because she afraid her secret get out?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Aug 25, 2016 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
Zapredon said:
Junko is as crazy as usual.Why does the student council kill each other aside from the fact being threaten by Junko, especially the girl who first killed the guy holding shotgun. Is it because she afraid her secret get out?

I think her mother was took as a hostage. If you look closely there is a photo with a woman on a chair.

Aug 25, 2016 10:14 AM
Jul 2016
hOLY I did not expect this to have occurred so fast..

Junko inducing despair to the student council there was literally perfect. Also, it was nice to see the Closing Argument/Climax Inference scene towards the end of the episode. 5/5
Aug 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2011
A lot of people died okay but ANYWAY is Juzo actually in love with Munakata? He told her he was jealous and if it's in a romantic way, I'm not sure if he got feelings for Chisa or for him. It's just a feeling I have but it kind of casts suspicion on him...
Aug 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2014
That was the best episode thus far. Junko is easily one of the best written DR characters, easily. Getting to see how she does everything is just fantastic. I really loved the Killings and the way it happened. Komaeda is hot. Guessing Junko used Mitarai to brainwash people into despair and that's why he's so sad about not being able to save anyone in the future.

5/5
Aug 25, 2016 10:16 AM

May 2016
Zapredon said:

That, and the fact that if they refuse Mukuro will kill them all anyway...
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Aug 25, 2016 10:17 AM
Aug 2015
Holy Shit, Dark came out so random and sudden, That really gave me despair no joke. So sudden. Did they censored the deaths or is it part of the episode?
Aug 25, 2016 10:18 AM
Aug 2016
will WoW what an episode will this is the fastest killing game ever
so junko make people(and us) think that izuru is the one who killed this student
and nagito after a plan crashing he's just chilling will what would i excpect form him
this episode turn form 0 to hunderd very quic
will the episode in total is ok i like it
Aug 25, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2008
_AnimeLover__ said:
Holy Shit, Dark came out so random and sudden, That really gave me despair no joke. So sudden. Did they censored the deaths or is it part of the episode?

There was some pretty standard-issue censorship going on here, similarly to the eye in the previous episode. Buy those BDs, y'all!
Aug 25, 2016 10:23 AM
Aug 2016
FragOutFire said:

AH!

Get away, get away!

Seriously?

That was like 2 episodes crammed into 1, they really need more eps to work with...

The motivations for the student council are sooooo dumb, they didn't even try, didn't even think, to bumrush mukuro

ah well. still fun

yeah this episode is rushed
buat i think the studio didn't have much choice they just have 12 episode. after this with remaining 5 episode i hope the story will be like this

EP 8 : DR0 story (EP. 8)
EP 9 & 10 : Class of 77th fall into despair (i won't tolerate if Kodaka rushed this part, also they can include Chiaki death in this part)
Ep 11 : Hope peak academy closed and turn into shelter
Ep 12 : time skip and show ultimate despair wrecked the world, how they captured, and then enter the neo world program (i think class of 77th enter neo world program will be perfect ending)
Aug 25, 2016 10:26 AM

May 2015
their top students were that dumb rofl
Aug 25, 2016 10:26 AM

Aug 2016
This episode...

THIS fucking episode...

The Tragedy was fucked up, we knew that. But this is much worse than what I thought it would be.

Also, it's interesting because this anime pushed forward the notion that Mirai-hen is an anime. With Ryota's "The End" being the exact same text for "The End of Kibougamine Gakuen."
Aug 25, 2016 10:31 AM

Mar 2014
It really says something when i have to continuously suspend my disbelief to follow a show was already comical from the beginning.

goddamnit
Aug 25, 2016 10:31 AM

Oct 2011
Holy. ....omfg The massacre of those people and the despair too.
Aug 25, 2016 10:37 AM

Nov 2012
so much DESPAIR in this episode, it was great ngl. that student council killing was brutal, and it will get even worse from here on.
Aug 25, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2016
Oh, they killed my waifu pikachu girl :( and she only appear like, in 3 scenes, so despair inducing, y really like characters whit heterocromia
Aug 25, 2016 10:41 AM

Feb 2013
That was great! Junko, Mukuro and Izuru is the best part of the show.
Aug 25, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2011
Tamura said:
DR:Zero

Here I guess:

Great episode, plane crash and crying Mukuro were hilarious as heck.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Aug 25, 2016 10:44 AM

Aug 2016
THE WORLD IS NOW GOING TO SHIT
Aug 25, 2016 10:48 AM

May 2010
Of all the people he could show his anime to, he showed it to Junko...

Man that mass-killing... Scary. Some of the deaths were really gross. I liked those two who decided to kill themselves.

G-good episode. Man Junko plays it dirty...
Aug 25, 2016 10:49 AM

Feb 2013
This episode can be described with only one word : Madness.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2016

248 by MxS7HGS »»
Apr 9, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.