Forum Settings
Forums

Gundam Unicorn World Premiere To Be Held in Hong Kong [Corrected]

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
 
#1
Jan 28, 2010 2:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4384
According to the official website, a preview of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn was announced to be held in Hong Kong on February 6th. Director Furuhashi and scenario writer Fukui will attend the preview. Gundam UC will be shown on February 20th in Japan, so the preview in Hong Kong will be the world premiere of the movie. a limited preview in Japan will be held on February 2nd in Japan for 300 audience.

Source: Sunrise news

Story by: kashim
Modified by dtshyk, Jan 29, 2010 8:45 PM
 
#2
Jan 28, 2010 2:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 4210
Hoho, finally we get to watch a new series of Gundam! I hope it'll be as good as Gundam 00.
 
#3
Jan 28, 2010 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 2321
I just came back from Hong Kong a little while ago =.= Should have stayed for the new year...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
#4
Jan 28, 2010 8:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 322
I hope it'll be better than 00.
 
#5
Jan 28, 2010 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 178
So long as it's ending is better than 00's, i'm happy


 
#6
Jan 28, 2010 10:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 50
cant wait for it =D tired of playing the unicorn gundam in gundam vs gundam next plus
 
#7
Jan 28, 2010 10:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3339
VVill said:
I hope it'll be better than 00.


no fuckin way cause 00 is the best ever
 
#8
Jan 28, 2010 3:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3911
No, Mobile Suit Gundam and Zeta Gundam will always be the best Gundam series...hopefully Unicorn won't be as mediocre as 00. It's set in UC so there's hope.
 
#9
Jan 28, 2010 3:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
Just because a series was set in UC doesn't mean it's the "best. Gundam. evar!" You people need to grow up.
 
Jan 28, 2010 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
^^^^ The irony here is that anyone who has seen the original Gundam and Zeta are likely to be older than you.

Neither did he say anything of the sort; he simply implied that it might have the potential to be the good because it was UC.

Anyway, I'm slightly peeved about the HK preview... Wish I still lived there, if just to see it.
 
Jan 28, 2010 6:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 7
midgemage said:

Neither did he say anything of the sort; he simply implied that it might have the potential to be the good because it was UC.


Yeah, I know. But this is exactly the kind of logic that peeves me.

UC = good/potential to be good.
Non-UC = auto suck

A UC timeline alone doesn't increase the chances of a series being good. Likewise, a CE/AD timeline doesn't mean instant mediocrity. This isn't 1979 for Christ's sake.
 
Jan 28, 2010 6:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
joshbeoulve said:
Yeah, I know. But this is exactly the kind of logic that peeves me.

UC = good/potential to be good.
Non-UC = auto suck

A UC timeline alone doesn't increase the chances of a series being good. Likewise, a CE/AD timeline doesn't mean instant mediocrity. This isn't 1979 for Christ's sake.


I agree... Plenty of the AU series are good. 00 was just golden (Although the ending had me in stitches, because I was trying to compare it to Code Geass R2) and it does deserve to have its own place. At least it wasn't like that god awful SEED Destiny crap they tried to feed us.

Can't wait to see Unicorn in action...
 
Jan 28, 2010 6:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1169
Soooo excited :D
 
Jan 30, 2010 12:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
dtshyk said:
According to the official website, a preview of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn was announced to be held in Hong Kong on February 6th. Director Furuhashi and scenario writer Fukui will attend the preview. Gundam UC will be shown on February 20th in Japan, so the preview in Hong Kong will be the world premiere of the movie. a limited preview in Japan will be held on February 2nd in Japan for 300 audience.

Source: Sunrise news

Story by: kashim


Lol, HK=pwnt.
 
Jan 30, 2010 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1274
Gundam UC will be shown on February 20th in Japan, so the preview in Hong Kong will be the world premiere of the movie.

Well, technically the screening in Japan is mainly for Japan, while HK hosts world premiere. It's only semantics though. It's uncommon for, e.g U.S. movies to have 'world' premieres in Europe or Asia.

As fas as this anime is concerned, looks promising. Main theme is sucky jpop song though.


"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
 
Jan 31, 2010 11:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 701
Well, Sunrise has a habit of signing up /popular/ artists to do theme songs. Bear with it.

Well, any show has the potential to be good or bad. UC is mianly "good" because it is very memorable (I mean, gundam pushing giant asteroid away from the planet.... yeah)

00 had some pretty bad dialogue, though, really.
 
Feb 1, 2010 12:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
infinite_zero said:
00 had some pretty bad dialogue, though, really.


GUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM! (<<<< although, in a way, it was pretty epic)

MARIE! MARIE! MARIE! MARIE! MARIE! MARIE! MARIE!

Yes, yes it did... XD

I still think that it's better than 'STELLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA' though.
 
Feb 1, 2010 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4410
I hope it's better then 00 because 00 was about as good as eating a shit sandwich.

But it's got Char's original VA is voicing Full Frontal, it has to be good.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
 
Feb 5, 2010 1:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1501
Jigero said:
I hope it's better then 00 because 00 was about as good as eating a shit sandwich.


Gundam 00 wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Plus when making statements like this it would help your cause if you actually completed the series. Watching one episode definitely doesn't give you knowledge or credentials to judge an entire show.

I just got done reading a review from ANN who apparently had someone in Japan for the preview. It looks like it's going to be pretty good. Welcome back UC!
 
Feb 8, 2010 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4410
Orion1 said:
Jigero said:
I hope it's better then 00 because 00 was about as good as eating a shit sandwich.


Gundam 00 wasn't as bad as you are making it out to be. Plus when making statements like this it would help your cause if you actually completed the series. Watching one episode definitely doesn't give you knowledge or credentials to judge an entire show.

I just got done reading a review from ANN who apparently had someone in Japan for the preview. It looks like it's going to be pretty good. Welcome back UC!


don't need to swim in a sewer to know whats down there.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
 
Feb 8, 2010 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
Jigero said:
don't need to swim in a sewer to know whats down there.


Actually, you probably wouldn't know exactly what's in a sewer even if you eat it, so...

I think that's being a tiny bit tough on 00.
 
Feb 8, 2010 8:54 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 163
Isn't Gundam Unicorn just gonna be an ova series?
 
Feb 11, 2010 9:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
Shiro-Neko said:
Isn't Gundam Unicorn just gonna be an ova series?


Posts like these make you wonder why in living hell does MAL even exist...

Gundam Unicorn IS, strictly speaking, an OVA series consisting of 5 episodes. Each OVA is quite long, the first being of 50 minutes length (last I checked, anyway). In a sense, they are a string of movies, both because of their length (and pace, from what I hear) and because they're actually friggin' shown in a movie theatre.

5 episodes. 50 minutes. 5 x 50 (approx.) = 250 minutes. I would hardly call it a mere OVA series. Maybe put an E somewhere in OVA, for EPIC.
 
Feb 12, 2010 8:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4410
midgemage said:
Shiro-Neko said:
Isn't Gundam Unicorn just gonna be an ova series?


Posts like these make you wonder why in living hell does MAL even exist...

Gundam Unicorn IS, strictly speaking, an OVA series consisting of 5 episodes. Each OVA is quite long, the first being of 50 minutes length (last I checked, anyway). In a sense, they are a string of movies, both because of their length (and pace, from what I hear) and because they're actually friggin' shown in a movie theatre.

5 episodes. 50 minutes. 5 x 50 (approx.) = 250 minutes. I would hardly call it a mere OVA series. Maybe put an E somewhere in OVA, for EPIC.


Actually it's 6 episodes, each 58 minutes. got as much length as a 12 episode series, and then some, considering normal series episodes are only 23-24 minutes
Modified by Jigero, Feb 12, 2010 8:16 AM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
 
Feb 12, 2010 10:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15715
I can't wait until the new line of Gunpla for Unicorn comes out. :D
I'm back.
 
Feb 12, 2010 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1796
Sick_Bastard said:
I can't wait until the new line of Gunpla for Unicorn comes out. :D
they are already out. they are under the HGUC line. they actually have like 4 different versions of unicorn and 2 with sinanju. so they already started to milk the cow awhile ago.
 
Feb 12, 2010 1:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 15715
Frito said:
Sick_Bastard said:
I can't wait until the new line of Gunpla for Unicorn comes out. :D
they are already out. they are under the HGUC line. they actually have like 4 different versions of unicorn and 2 with sinanju. so they already started to milk the cow awhile ago.


Literally 1 minuit ago I was on amazon.com and saw them. They look rather.. bland. I really don't like them. I think I'll stick to my RX-78 copycat mobile suits and zeon forces.
I'm back.
 
Feb 12, 2010 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 4410
Sick_Bastard said:
Frito said:
Sick_Bastard said:
I can't wait until the new line of Gunpla for Unicorn comes out. :D
they are already out. they are under the HGUC line. they actually have like 4 different versions of unicorn and 2 with sinanju. so they already started to milk the cow awhile ago.


Literally 1 minuit ago I was on amazon.com and saw them. They look rather.. bland. I really don't like them. I think I'll stick to my RX-78 copycat mobile suits and zeon forces.


Get the MG Unicorn Ver Ka, it's worth it. Probably the best Ka model to date

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN952245

And Sinanju ver ka is pure sex

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN956877
Modified by Jigero, Feb 12, 2010 7:07 PM
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
 
Feb 12, 2010 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 1796
first 7 minutes of the movie is out. omg it looks so sick!!!!!! kshatriya!!1
 
Feb 12, 2010 11:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 115
Jigero said:
And Sinanju ver ka is pure sex

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN956877


I'm sorry, I can't agree with that.

It's pure, refined, concentrated and shiny sex. :P
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top