Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2016 5:18 PM

Feb 2016
What were you guys' favorite parts/characters of Hunter x Hunter and what are you loooking forward to see in the series?

Throughout my life, the moments
and people who define me...
They have all been illuminated by
sparks.

Aug 24, 2016 11:32 AM

Jan 2015
Killua was my favorite among the main four. But I loved them all. I also loved Chrollo and the Troupe also Meruem and the royal guard. As for parts there are too many lol. As for what I'm looking forward to seeing in the series I'm just hoping it continues.
Aug 24, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2013
Ging v Parristion
Ging v Beyond
Illumi v Killua
Chrollo v Kurapika
Troupe v whoever
Kurapika's index finger reveal

just gimme those juicy unrevealed Nen abilities
Aug 24, 2016 11:43 AM

May 2015
I loved the Yorknew City arc, the phantom troupe were awesome.
Aug 24, 2016 11:45 AM

Feb 2016
StefanHere said:
Ging v Parristion
Ging v Beyond
Illumi v Killua
Chrollo v Kurapika
Troupe v whoever

I'm guessing these fights happen in the manga?

sparks.

Aug 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
everything besides the chimera ant arc was quiet enjoyable.

btw what do you mean with "looking forward in the series" ? there wont be a sequel of the anime (at least 10 years i guess and most likely never)
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Aug 24, 2016 12:07 PM

Nov 2014
Meruem, it's not even close.
Aug 24, 2016 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
LV_Esdeath said:
StefanHere said:
Ging v Parristion
Ging v Beyond
Illumi v Killua
Chrollo v Kurapika
Troupe v whoever

I'm guessing these fights happen in the manga?

probably(in the future, they are not happening right now though)

but you never know with HxH
Aug 24, 2016 12:20 PM

Feb 2016
Yeah, the Chimera Ant arc was a bit too long and dark for me lol

sparks.

Aug 24, 2016 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
Love Killua, hate the rest of the characters. I'm not a fan of the Chimera Ant arc either and considering the direction the mangaka's taking with the manga right now, I don't really care so much for the story anymore.
Aug 24, 2016 12:34 PM

Dec 2012
Phantom Troupe, and The zoldyicks. Don't care for the rest. I was also gonna include Hisoka but the manga ruined him.
Aug 24, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2014
It's so difficult picking a favourite amongst so many well written and endearing characters, but I guess it'd go something like this:

1. Hisoka/Killua
2. Meruem
3. Gon
4. Illumi
5. Leorio

I can't pick between Hisoka and Killua because I love 'em equally in completely different ways- I immediately took a liking to Hisoka in all his perverse eccentricity , but it was more of a slow burn with Killua. I didn't really start to "get" him until the prelude of the Chimera Ant arc. God he made me cry so much ;_;

As for what I'm looking forward to most...I'd say the next confrontation between Hisoka and the PT bc it's gonna be completely different from their prior interactions. I can't wait!!! Then there's also the introductions of the calamaties which I'm pretty hyped to see- how/if they interact with the different parties, what makes them tick etc. etc.

Maybe, eventually we'll even see a Hisoka vs older/powered up Killua...then Illumi could perhaps tie in?? (I've always wanted to see how that'd pan out)...it's unlikely but a girl can dream!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2016 12:40 PM

Jun 2014
Favorite arc was the Yorknew City one by far, the invasion portion of the Chimera Ant is second. Fav character is Leorio.

Least favorite arc was the Election arc, just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz until Leorio punched Ging's bitch ass.
Aug 24, 2016 2:06 PM

Aug 2014
Strawberrycake48 said:

Maybe, eventually we'll even see a Hisoka vs older/powered up Killua...then Illumi could perhaps tie in?? (I've always wanted to see how that'd pan out)...it's unlikely but a girl can dream!!!

I remember reading an article with Togashi saying that he hated time skips. I forgot if the article had a reliable source but if that's true then we'll probably never see an older version of Killua, unfortunately. ;-;
Aug 24, 2016 2:11 PM

May 2014
Nikki_Z said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

I remember reading an article with Togashi saying that he hated time skips. I forgot if the article had a reliable source but if that's true then we'll probably never see an older version of Killua, unfortunately. ;-;

Yeah, I read that as well...it'll probably never happen, although opinions can change. You never know what to expect from Togashi. I’m not sure what to think now, what with the Gon situation…when will we see him again?? I’m not sure it’d even make sense without a bit of a time skip given his situation? We’ll have to wait and see I guess :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2016 7:34 PM

Feb 2016
Strawberrycake48 said:
It's so difficult picking a favourite amongst so many well written and endearing characters, but I guess it'd go something like this:

1. Hisoka/Killua
2. Meruem
3. Gon
4. Illumi
5. Leorio

I can't pick between Hisoka and Killua because I love 'em equally in completely different ways- I immediately took a liking to Hisoka in all his perverse eccentricity , but it was more of a slow burn with Killua. I didn't really start to "get" him until the prelude of the Chimera Ant arc. God he made me cry so much ;_;

As for what I'm looking forward to most...I'd say the next confrontation between Hisoka and the PT bc it's gonna be completely different from their prior interactions. I can't wait!!! Then there's also the introductions of the calamaties which I'm pretty hyped to see- how/if they interact with the different parties, what makes them tick etc. etc.

Yeah I like your thoughts x)

I'm looking forward to see the Hunter's travel outside the world to meet new species and all that stuff. I'd also like to someone backstab each other.

Kurapika vs Chrollo
Killua vs Illumi
Ging vs Silva
Feitan vs Killua
Knuckle vs Phinks

The list could go on! Hunter xHunter is just too amazing!

sparks.

Aug 24, 2016 8:11 PM

Aug 2014
LV_Esdeath said:

Feitan vs Killua

Feitan wouldn't even last a second. He had such a difficult time fighting against that fake chimera ant queen. The royal guards couldn't even keep up with Killua.
Aug 24, 2016 8:16 PM

Feb 2016
Nikki_Z said:
LV_Esdeath said:

Feitan vs Killua

Feitan wouldn't even last a second. He had such a difficult time fighting against that fake chimera ant queen. The royal guards couldn't even keep up with Killua.

That's not trueeee, Phinks said Feitan was rusty and we only see 1 part of his ability/power. And when he did finally beat her, it was rape. My guess would be that Feitan wins because of experience and speed. Once Killua's Godspeed runs out its over for him lol

sparks.

Aug 25, 2016 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
LV_Esdeath said:

That's not trueeee, Phinks said Feitan was rusty and we only see 1 part of his ability/power. And when he did finally beat her, it was rape. My guess would be that Feitan wins because of experience and speed. Once Killua's Godspeed runs out its over for him lol

Rusty or not, there's a strong difference between the royal guard and that fake ant queen. When he beat her it was because of his ability that required sustained damage to use, not a very practical ability to have in HxH considering how lethal most attacks are in the Hunter universe. How would Feitan fare against Killua in godspeed when he can hardly keep up with that fake ant queen? Killua's a genius first of all, he also has his murderous intent when fighting, meaning he'd probably go straight for the kill rather than focus on damaging them one at a time. Fighting experience doesn't necessarily amount to much in this series as it does in most other battle shonens. And Godspeed would most definitely last long enough to make short work of Feitan, probably within an instant. It's not a very good match-up as opposed to some of the others you listed.
Nikki_ZAug 25, 2016 4:07 PM
Aug 25, 2016 4:08 PM

Feb 2016
Nikki_Z said:
LV_Esdeath said:

Rusty or not, there's a strong difference between the royal guard and that fake ant queen. When he beat her it was because of his ability that required sustained damage to use, not a very practical ability to have in HxH considering how lethal most attacks are in the Hunter universe. How would Feitan fare against Killua in godspeed when he can hardly keep up with that fake ant queen? Killua's a genius first of all, he also has his murderous intent when fighting, meaning he'd probably go straight for the kill rather than focus on damaging them one at a time. Fighting experience doesn't necessarily amount to much in this series as it does in most other battle shonens. And Godspeed would most definitely last long enough to make short work of Feitan, probably within an instant. It's not a very good match-up as opposed to some of the others you listed.

You do have a point. I'm gonna send you a friend request because I'd like to talk about more HxH fights with ya

sparks.

Aug 25, 2016 4:38 PM

Oct 2013
Nikki_Z said:
LV_Esdeath said:

The only thing that many seem to just ignore is what Knuckle taught Gon in episodes 86_90. And that was the amount of aura contained and the amount of aura per attack and individual. Killua's attacks did nothing to Youpi because of the difference in aura, the same applies to him and Feitan, not to mention experience and other abilities Feitan can have.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Aug 25, 2016 7:25 PM

Aug 2014
vedatsvet said:
The only thing that many seem to just ignore is what Knuckle taught Gon in episodes 86_90. And that was the amount of aura contained and the amount of aura per attack and individual. Killua's attacks did nothing to Youpi because of the difference in aura, the same applies to him and Feitan, not to mention experience and other abilities Feitan can have.

I can't argue with that logic. But it also wouldn't be accurate to assume Killua was fighting at 100% when facing Youpi (as evident from his word choice during that fight). It's true that he could've been giving it his all during that attack but when he said he was just blowing off steam, all I could think about was the ambiguity of the moment. The Chimera Ants are also not human, meaning their defensive attributes are different from humans, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Youpi was even using Aura at that time.

Concerning Feitan's abilities, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If there's something I love about this series is that there's a coat of realism surrounding its battle system. And this is just an observation but where Killua developed one of the most practical abilities in the brink of death, Feitan used one of the most impractical abilities. The impracticality is arguable, but Killua's genius is not.
Aug 26, 2016 8:27 AM

Oct 2013
Nikki_Z said:
vedatsvet said:

I can't argue with that logic. But it also wouldn't be accurate to assume Killua was fighting at 100% when facing Youpi (as evident from his word choice during that fight). It's true that he could've been giving it his all during that attack but when he said he was just blowing off steam, all I could think about was the ambiguity of the moment. The Chimera Ants are also not human, meaning their defensive attributes are different from humans, and, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Youpi was even using Aura at that time.

Concerning Feitan's abilities, I guess we'll just have to wait and see. If there's something I love about this series is that there's a coat of realism surrounding its battle system. And this is just an observation but where Killua developed one of the most practical abilities in the brink of death, Feitan used one of the most impractical abilities. The impracticality is arguable, but Killua's genius is not.
sorry my friend but you got it all wrong. He said he " was blowing off some steam" meaning he knew he would do nothing to Yupi and he just wanted to practise not that he wouldn't give 100%, Yupi was using aura during all fight as implied by Knuckle's ability. It is exactly because HxH is realistic that Killua has minor chances against Feitan.
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Aug 26, 2016 9:11 AM

Jan 2015
I agree Killua is a beast but he's not on Feitan's level yet. A few more years then it would make a interesting fight.
Aug 28, 2016 9:42 PM

Aug 2014
vedatsvet said:
sorry my friend but you got it all wrong. He said he " was blowing off some steam" meaning he knew he would do nothing to Yupi and he just wanted to practise not that he wouldn't give 100%, Yupi was using aura during all fight as implied by Knuckle's ability. It is exactly because HxH is realistic that Killua has minor chances against Feitan.

Killua has minor chances? you haven't really mentioned anything to support Feitan. But yes, if there's one thing I like about this series is its sense of realism, and realistically, from what's been presented, I don't think Feitan stands any chance against Killua. After that struggle Feitan had against that fake ant queen, I think it's reasonable to believe he's one of the more weaker members.

John6977 said:
I agree Killua is a beast but he's not on Feitan's level yet. A few more years then it would make a interesting fight.

I'd appreciate it if you said why. What exactly is Feitan's level anyway? Based on what we've seen, probably not as high as you think.
Nikki_ZAug 28, 2016 9:49 PM
Aug 28, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2014
Meruem's parts were my favorite in HxH. His fight was epic and that scene he had with komugi was my favorite scene in hxh.

I am looking forward to seeing the dark continent. It looks really interesting. Also Ging vs Pariston would be fun to watch. Pariston is like a more dangerous version of Hisoka and I really want to see what he does as the series continues.
Aug 28, 2016 10:21 PM

Dec 2015
Meruem's development and Hisoka's antics were the best part of the series for sure.
Aug 28, 2016 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
Killua hands down. He's the heart of the series <3 It's really difficult for me to choose a favorite part. I love the series as a whole, but any scene with Killua I'd probably always put above any other scene, personally.

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Continent arc, even if Killua isn't in it. Kurapika and Leorio could use the screen time (especially Leorio). I wasn't really fan of the way the fight between Hisoka and Chrollo was handled, but it's great to see that the troupe and Hisoka will be a part of the arc as well.
Aug 29, 2016 7:18 AM

Oct 2013
Nikki_Z said:
vedatsvet said:

Killua has minor chances? you haven't really mentioned anything to support Feitan. But yes, if there's one thing I like about this series is its sense of realism, and realistically, from what's been presented, I don't think Feitan stands any chance against Killua. After that struggle Feitan had against that fake ant queen, I think it's reasonable to believe he's one of the more weaker members.

John6977 said:

I'd appreciate it if you said why. What exactly is Feitan's level anyway? Based on what we've seen, probably not as high as you think.
anyone would have a struggle against fake queen, you underestimate and misjudge the power levels of the ants. Would it help you to think in place of Feitan, Hisoka or Chrollo? It might offer you a more realistic perspective. Saying that Feitan is the weakest has no basis, even the other members struggled a bit and against some captains not even a squadron leaders.
Aug 29, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2015
Nikki_Z said:
vedatsvet said:

John6977 said:

I'm going to say his level is pretty high, he is a Troup member after all. And I do believe Feitan is one of the more stronger members. I might not have any evidence for that other then maybe the arm wrestling competition which I think Feitan listed at 3 or 5 maybe but still he is a Troup and I don't think Killua's there yet.

And what vedatsvet said about what Knuckle taught Gon, there nen capacity isn't high enough yet. Killua does seem to run out of steam fast when using godspeed which is understandable, he didn't seem to hurt youpi at all with his physical attacks which is not saying much since two pro hunters couldn't hurt him, but I do think Feitan would have done some damage.

Also while watching the Troup fight it is said Feitan is rusty so had he been in shape he would have probably taken the ant out a lot faster. Also Kalluto starts praising the Troup's fighting ability saying he didn't think they'd be that strong and admitting he had a long way to go before catching up, which says A LOT when your around guys like Silva and Zeno master nen users.

So yeah I don't think Killua is Troup level yet, but in a few years of more training he'll be a monster.
Aug 29, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2013
hes no way near Troupe level the anime really dragged out God Speed in the manga it was 8 hits and it was over and they didn't even seem to have any destructive force to them at all it would only apply the lightning, if he can kill feitan in 8 hits that's the only way and i highly doubt that

he created a fucking sun that exploded the entire ant nest from just a broken arm and some other minor injury's and called the heat it produced "weak"
Aug 29, 2016 1:12 PM

Feb 2016
StefanHere said:
hes no way near Troupe level the anime really dragged out God Speed in the manga it was 8 hits and it was over and they didn't even seem to have any destructive force to them at all it would only apply the lightning, if he can kill feitan in 8 hits that's the only way and i highly doubt that

he created a fucking sun that exploded the entire ant nest from just a broken arm and some other minor injury's and called the heat it produced "weak"
This is what I was trying to say. He created a sun and we only seen one version of his ability so I don't know. But I think Feitan would win and then Illumi comes to rape Feitan and then the Troupe kills Illumi xD

sparks.

Aug 29, 2016 2:45 PM

Aug 2014
vedatsvet said:
anyone would have a struggle against fake queen, you underestimate and misjudge the power levels of the ants. Would it help you to think in place of Feitan, Hisoka or Chrollo? It might offer you a more realistic perspective. Saying that Feitan is the weakest has no basis, even the other members struggled a bit and against some captains not even a squadron leaders.

I'm not underestimating or misjudging the power level of the ants. I just don't see how it's logical to put Feitan over Killua, based off what we've seen. Evidently, it seems you are overestimating Feitan's battle strength. You've yet to really say much about my former inquiry. I never said Feitan was the weakest. I only said it's reasonable to believe he's one of the more weaker members.

Even without kanmuru, Killua's still incredibly fast and powerful. People often forget that Killua was able to push a 16 ton door at the start of the series, even managing to break free from Phinks's grasp during the Yorknew City arc. It's more difficult to scale speed in this series but it's evident that he's many times faster than Feitan when he is in kanmuru, which is in fact, an incredibly practical ability during a 1v1 fight. And if this series clings to its realism then the fight should end in a flash, literally.

John6977 said:

I'm going to say his level is pretty high, he is a Troup member after all. And I do believe Feitan is one of the more stronger members. I might not have any evidence for that other then maybe the arm wrestling competition which I think Feitan listed at 3 or 5 maybe but still he is a Troup and I don't think Killua's there yet.

And what vedatsvet said about what Knuckle taught Gon, there nen capacity isn't high enough yet. Killua does seem to run out of steam fast when using godspeed which is understandable, he didn't seem to hurt youpi at all with his physical attacks which is not saying much since two pro hunters couldn't hurt him, but I do think Feitan would have done some damage.

Also while watching the Troup fight it is said Feitan is rusty so had he been in shape he would have probably taken the ant out a lot faster. Also Kalluto starts praising the Troup's fighting ability saying he didn't think they'd be that strong and admitting he had a long way to go before catching up, which says A LOT when your around guys like Silva and Zeno master nen users.

So yeah I don't think Killua is Troup level yet, but in a few years of more training he'll be a monster.

So that's all conjecture basically. Last time I remembered, this was shortly after Heaven's Arena where both Gon and Killua didn't really go through any physical training. However, right before Heaven's Arena they did have to reach the Zoldyck estate and open the testing door. Gon beat Shizuku during the arm wrestling and even Nobunaga and remember that it took him, Leorio & Kurapika just to 2 doors which is the equivalent of 8 tons. Killua pushed all doors at the equivalent of 16 tons so we don't even know his capacity in strength because of that. And this was long before Greed Island & The CA arc where they both went through intense physical training.

His nen capacity isn't there yet because he didn't do any damage against Youpi? Well did anyone really do any damage to him? Apples and oranges clearly, if you're comparing a fight against a royal guards and a fight against that fake ant queen. I also don't think Feitan would've been able to damage Youpi either, at least not without his most impractical ability that wouldn't mean much in a realistic battle to the death. Youpi would probably one shot him even before he had the chance to use it.

Not entirely sure how much more relevant Feitan could've been if he wasn't rusty, tbh. The fake ant queen wasn't even in her final form yet, too, so there's also that argument. And regarding what you said about Kalluto, well that's just conjecture too, we honestly don't know how strong he feels in comparison to the rest of his family.

Lol, Killua would be far beyond Feitan's level if he kept training for a few years. I think the direction Togashi's taking with his character right now with Alluka is proof that Killua's already developed into a top-tier fighter. That's another argument in itself, but after reading an interview with Togashi saying that there's only 3 arcs left, I think it's reasonable to believe that.

StefanHere said:

Probably the weakest argument. There's no proof that Killua went into the fight, wanting to actually kill Youpi. People so easily forget that Killua's finger tips essentially turn into blades. Did we see that application during his use of kanmuru? No. If you read what vedatsvet wrote, or have a definite understanding of nen, than you'd know that Youpi's nen capacity as a royal guard trumps Feitans. And if you read anything I wrote then you would understand how impractical Feitan's ability is. And also, why don't you think Killua would get 8 hits in (though, tbh, it's really just one)? He's obviously much faster than Feitan.
Nikki_ZAug 29, 2016 3:34 PM
Aug 29, 2016 3:32 PM

Oct 2013
Nikki_Z said:
vedatsvet said:

I'm not underestimating or misjudging the power level of the ants. I just don't see how it's logical to put Feitan over Killua, based off what we've seen. Evidently, it seems you are overestimating Feitan's battle strength. You've yet to really say much about my former inquiry. I never said Feitan was the weakest. I only said it's reasonable to believe he's one of the more weaker members.

Even without kanmuru, Killua's still incredibly fast and powerful. People often forget that Killua was able to push a 16 ton door at the start of the series, even managing to break free from Phinks's grasp during the Yorknew City arc. It's more difficult to scale speed in this series but it's evident that he's many times faster than Feitan when he is in kanmuru, which is in fact, an incredibly practical ability during a 1v1 fight. And if this series clings to its realism then the fight should end in a flash, literally.

John6977 said:

So that's all conjecture basically. Last time I remembered, this was shortly after Heaven's Arena where both Gon and Killua didn't really go through any physical training. However, right before Heaven's Arena they did have to reach the Zoldyck estate and open the testing door. Gon beat Shizuku during the arm wrestling and even Nobunaga and remember that it took him, Leorio & Kurapika just to 2 doors which is the equivalent of 8 tons. Killua pushed all doors at the equivalent of 16 tons so we don't even know his capacity in strength because of that. And this was long before Greed Island & The CA arc where they both went through intense physical training.

His nen capacity isn't there yet because he didn't do any damage against Youpi? Well did anyone really do any damage to him? Apples and oranges clearly, if you're comparing a fight against a royal guards and a fight against that fake ant queen. I also don't think Feitan would've been able to damage Youpi either, at least not without his most impractical ability that wouldn't mean much in a realistic battle to the death. Youpi would probably one shot him even before he had the chance to use it.

Not entirely sure how much more relevant Feitan could've been if he wasn't rusty, tbh. The fake ant queen wasn't even in her final form yet, too, so there's also that argument. And regarding what you said about Kalluto, well that's just conjecture too, we honestly don't know how strong he feels in comparison to the rest of his family.

Lol, Killua would be far beyond Feitan's level if he kept training for a few years. I think the direction Togashi's taking with his character right now with Alluka is proof that Killua's already developed into a top-tier fighter. That's another argument in itself, but after reading an interview with Togashi saying that there's only 3 arcs left, I think it's reasonable to believe that.
I already provided you with an answer in my first post which was based on realism. That was the difference in aura contained. Killua might be able to land some attacks which ultimately won't be enough, and Feitan is very fast himself. That's it, it's really that simple.
Aug 29, 2016 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
Another thing is that Feitan is almost on the same level as Hisoka, Illumi and Chrollo, all troupe members are very strong. Even Kalluto stated this realization. Killua is no near their level yet, period.
Aug 29, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2014
vedatsvet said:
I already provided you with an answer in my first post which was based on realism. That was the difference in aura contained. Killua might be able to land some attacks which ultimately won't be enough, and Feitan is very fast himself. That's it, it's really that simple.

Alright, so you basically can't come up with anything now, got it. What's simple is that considering Kanmuru makes Killua lightning fast, he would land all of his hits. Feitan obviously wouldn't be fast enough to dodge either. Logically speaking, it's as simple as that.
Aug 29, 2016 3:45 PM

Oct 2013
Nikki_Z said:
vedatsvet said:

Alright, so you basically can't come up with anything now, got it. What's simple is that considering Kanmuru makes Killua lightning fast, he would land all of his hits. Feitan obviously wouldn't be fast enough to dodge either. Logically speaking, it's as simple as that.
For the love of GOD.....Should I spell it for you? Aura contained and aura per attack. Learn what that means and stop bugging me. Here is a simple math, let's say Killua does 1000 aura per lighting attack, which is generous and no way near reality, he will make 8 hits with his ability which is 8000 dmg, after that he is done. Now, how much aura do you think Feitan has?????????????
Aug 29, 2016 4:11 PM

Aug 2014
vedatsvet said:
For the love of GOD.....Should I spell it for you? Aura contained and aura per attack. Learn what that means and stop bugging me. Here is a simple math, let's say Killua does 1000 aura per lighting attack, which is generous and no way near reality, he will make 8 hits with his ability which is 8000 dmg, after that he is done. Now, how much aura do you think Feitan has?????????????

That would imply that Feitan's aura is greater, which is wholly arguable considering the current stage of the story. No need to be so acrimonious, remember that we don't know if Killua went into that fight wanting to kill Youpi. There's also the option of snapping someone's neck during a fight. A fight to the death I'm sure. There's no real defense against that is there?
Aug 29, 2016 5:09 PM

Oct 2013
Nikki_Z said:
vedatsvet said:

That would imply that Feitan's aura is greater, which is wholly arguable considering the current stage of the story. No need to be so acrimonious, remember that we don't know if Killua went into that fight wanting to kill Youpi. There's also the option of snapping someone's neck during a fight. A fight to the death I'm sure. There's no real defense against that is there?
man you can't be serious. It's like you understand nothing of nen or I don't know why your assumptions are so off. Feitan's aura IS greater, by the sheer fact of the difference in experience, age and Beng a Troupe Member (you yourself pointed out the realism of the series, so it's only realistic to assume this to be true, it is the same as you would assume that Hisoka, Chrollo, Ging, Illumi, Morel have more aura than freaking Killua). He can't kill Youpi he knew that before even beginning the fight thats why he was "just blowing off some steam". How in the world is he going to break someone's neck during a fight? And yes there is a defense it's called Nen.
Aug 29, 2016 6:28 PM

Jan 2015
vedatsvet said:
Nikki_Z said:

man you can't be serious. It's like you understand nothing of nen or I don't know why your assumptions are so off. Feitan's aura IS greater, by the sheer fact of the difference in experience, age and Beng a Troupe Member (you yourself pointed out the realism of the series, so it's only realistic to assume this to be true, it is the same as you would assume that Hisoka, Chrollo, Ging, Illumi, Morel have more aura than freaking Killua). He can't kill Youpi he knew that before even beginning the fight thats why he was "just blowing off some steam". How in the world is he going to break someone's neck during a fight? And yes there is a defense it's called Nen.

Completely agree. The Troup are monsters it's been cited many times how are strong and dangerous they are. So far as what we've seen there at the top along with the Zodiacs and a couple of other people, there master nen users. Gon and Killua aren't master nen users. Hell Knuckle and Shoot proved how much more Gon and Killua need to learn. There just not at that level yet. Hell Feitan would probably kill Knuckle and Shoot let alone Killua and Gon. And Killua's God speed is strong but it has its weakness or else it would be to OP. The attack is built for SPEED it has it in the name. As for power not so much and like I said as of right now it don't appear Killua can use the ability very long.
Aug 29, 2016 6:47 PM

Feb 2016
John6977 said:
vedatsvet said:

Completely agree. The Troup are monsters it's been cited many times how are strong and dangerous they are. So far as what we've seen there at the top along with the Zodiacs and a couple of other people, there master nen users. Gon and Killua aren't master nen users. Hell Knuckle and Shoot proved how much more Gon and Killua need to learn. There just not at that level yet. Hell Feitan would probably kill Knuckle and Shoot let alone Killua and Gon. And Killua's God speed is strong but it has its weakness or else it would be to OP. The attack is built for SPEED it has it in the name. As for power not so much and like I said as of right now it don't appear Killua can use the ability very long.
I agree. The Troupe are monsters. Although Killua has godspeed, I don't think it would be enough to kill Feitan. Feitan is a troupe member with experience and hardcore training. Killua is an professional assassin, yes but I don't think that'd be enough to outwit Feitan. I don't know, that's just my opinion. I always thought of the Troupe members to be the strongest nen users.

sparks.

Aug 29, 2016 6:51 PM

Feb 2016
Now if we were talking about Kurapika vs Feitan that's a whole different story. As soon as Kurapika wraps his chains around Feitan it'd be over.

sparks.

Aug 30, 2016 1:20 AM

Jul 2013
Nikki_Z said:
Probably the weakest argument. There's no proof that Killua went into the fight, wanting to actually kill Youpi. People so easily forget that Killua's finger tips essentially turn into blades. Did we see that application during his use of kanmuru? No. If you read what vedatsvet wrote, or have a definite understanding of nen, than you'd know that Youpi's nen capacity as a royal guard trumps Feitans. And if you read anything I wrote then you would understand how impractical Feitan's ability is. And also, why don't you think Killua would get 8 hits in (though, tbh, it's really just one)? He's obviously much faster than Feitan.

considering the attacks cannot make his attack any stronger because it's not an enhancer technique is really important because we already have an example of Killua's phyical strength when he tried to use said bladed finger technique against Machi and she literally stopped him with just her abdominal muscles

also there is no basis for Killua not wanting to kill Youpi if he had an ability to eliminate a royal guard from the equation with just a single ability im sure he would of (he was versing Youpi before hes "maturity" the Youpi that was trying to kill the hunters) the whole "im just blowing off some steam" was because its Godspeed is only limited to that (against Youpi) not im going to hold back and not kill a royal guard to the king which is the sole reason of this entire invasion (they're goal was separate but you dont have to separate if you can just kill them outright)
Sep 1, 2016 2:01 PM

Aug 2014
vedatsvet said:

It's true that I initially didn't have my facts in order but what you're saying about Feitan is purely conjecture. I'm not denying his overall strength, I just think it's a bit of a mismatch purely based on what we've seen. The realism aspect I was mostly considering was the fact that Killua's a child prodigy, and has shown that his nen capabilities are vastly superior to a lot of the adult users. And really? how does anyone break someone's neck? He most definitely has the advantage in speed and I highly doubt that his nen could ever provide such a defense. That's just how practical his ability is.

For what it's worth, there's also this chart to consider :
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/hunterxhunter/images/3/3b/Power_Level_Chart.png/revision/latest?cb=20140308234410

As I mentioned once before, considering there's only a few arcs left, and also considering that Togashi hates time skips, I think it's very reasonable to believe that he made Gon & Killua child prodigies to avert a timeskip and use that as a way to make them far more capable fighters in a much shorter time period. If that chart means anything at all anyway, that's just my interpretation of it. It doesn't seem like this argument's going anywhere. It's clear that we're dogmatic in both our stances.
Nikki_ZSep 1, 2016 2:05 PM
Sep 6, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2016
Favorite parts
1. The gang teams up with Hisoka in dodgeball game! - And thus proves that Hisoka is still a better father than Ging.
2. Zeno & Silva Zoldyck fight Chrollo - I absolutely love watching the Zoldycks fight. I also think Chrollo is super hot with his hair down so that was a bonus.. haha
3. Gon vs. Hisoka - Man I really wish HxH kept up with these type of fight scenes. Felt like most of the other fight scenes were too much talk. (Still good though)
4. Gon reunites with Leorio and then meets Ging! - I cried T_T and then laughed immediately after when Ging fought the audience.
5. Gon goes on a date with Palm - I loved this because we got to see them being normal boys! (well Gon anyway.. it was nice seeing Killua's stalker side as well lol)

Things I look forward to seeing
1. Hisoka - is he going to successfully kill the phantom troupe? Is he finally going to fight Gon ? or will he end up becoming Gon's friend? (I Wish lol) I am very curious to what purpose Hisoka serves in this story!
2. Zoldycks - I want to know what their ultimate plan is with Killua. Ever since Silva did that evil laugh and said he will return because he is his son. I've been curious if he had good or bad intentions with that.
3. Ging fighting - I want to see Ging going all out and I hope Gon gets to be there when it happens.
4. Gon & Killua - I want to know how strong they become in the end!

Thanks for reading! :-)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.