Forum Settings
Forums

If you can change an Anime from being terrible, what would it be?

New
Aug 23, 2016 2:33 PM
Jan 2016
After watching anime like Kancolle, Re:Zero, Berserk(2016) and KonoSuba, sometimes I think if I was in charge in one certain anime from being mediocre(Re:Zero) to downright terrible(Berserk). I like to discuss this tropic to others. So what anime you wish you rewrite from being terrible?
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 23, 2016 2:36 PM

Apr 2015
If you think hard enough, all anime is trash.

Probably Berserk. Maybe Danganronpa so fanboys stop yelling to play the game as an excuse for their shit anime.

kamisama751 said:
Lets start arguing how Konosuba ended up in your list.

I'll argue that the show would have been even better without Megumin.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 2:37 PM
Jan 2016
kamisama751 said:
Hey!!? I'm bored. What KonoSuba is ok, it is not that terrible. it isn't Brynhlder in the Darkness that was horrible
Aug 23, 2016 2:40 PM
Jan 2016
I could just rant about why Sword Art Online should focus on killing characters and give a story about Redemption vs. Revenge but I digress.
Aug 23, 2016 2:41 PM

Dec 2015
Wolf's Rain

It had a few interesting points to it, but inevitably ended up mostly being whiny bishies endlessly prattling on about the promise land.

Maybe remake it with more badass wolf action and less of the stuff mentioned above.
Aug 23, 2016 2:45 PM

Apr 2016
Blazblue Alter Memory. This show was a horrible adaptation of the first two games, especially he first one, which is where 70% of its problems lie, even if 90% of those problems extend to the adaptation of the second game as well.

The first game's arc was rushed as sin, eh potential to fill up to 10 episodes of you don't cut anything, but instead was brushed off in 2 and 1/2. The horrible coreography didn't help either. Neither did the characterization which seemingly showed what a blander and stupider version of the Blazblue cast would look like. Plus, one major sub-plot was surgically removed. The pacing is hideous, with the first episode covering almost 5 episodes worth of material, skipping another 1 and 1/2 in the process, making it so rushed I could barely keep up (as someone who played the games). The second episode covered 2 and 1/2 episodes worth of content, making it feel rushed as well, but with a considerably slower pace, making thins feel dragged regardless of how rushed it actually is.

The second game's arc caps with 7 and 1/2 episodes, and honestly it's hardly any better. It surgically removed another major sub-plot and brings back a lot of the problems with the previous arc. Removal aside, this has proper enough pacing. However, while thee choreography slightly improves, the nature of some of the attacks decides to be far different from the games. It also feels generic as oppose to the game it adapts that is far move vibrant and emotional. Plus, the ending was weakly done (due to issues mentioned prior).

Ultimately, if there were things that needed to be changed, it would be to have a proper adaptation that tackles one anime at a time per season, bring the life the original games had, and bring some badass coreography worthy of the original game series. At least he music was nice with all the great remixes.
Aug 23, 2016 2:46 PM
Jan 2016
it is better just to learn professionally that one broken character Kokonoe in Blazblue than watch the anime?
Aug 23, 2016 2:47 PM

Apr 2016
GabrielB24 said:
After watching anime like Kancolle, Re:Zero, Berserk(2016) and KonoSuba, sometimes I think if I was in charge in one certain anime from being mediocre(Re:Zero) to downright terrible(Berserk). I like to discuss this tropic to others. So what anime you wish you rewrite from being terrible?
You should probably tell us to explain why [s]lest this thread become short-lived[s]
Aug 23, 2016 2:48 PM
Jun 2016
Sword Art Online for sure, that was a piece of shit

Apr 2016
GabrielB24 said:
it is better just better to learn how to be a pro in Blazblue than watch the anime?
Especially since the anime's bad pacing and poor characterization does a terrible job at giving you a taste of the series in a more animated form. Te games are pretty cheap over at GameStop.
Dec 2015
Sword Art Online. Give it better characters, and don't lock up the only likable character in a rape dungeon. K Thnx bye.
Dec 2015
DickMagic said:
Sword Art Online for sure, that was a piece of shit

Lol we had the exact same thought at the exact same time
Aug 23, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2013
Guilty Crown and Mahouka, because although they were terrible, at least their premises were interesting. More frustrating in the cases of Mahouka, because if they would have centered more in the action scenes rather than in boring talks, it would have been the potential to be decent.
IllyricusAug 25, 2016 10:05 AM
Aug 23, 2016 2:49 PM
Jan 2016
This thread was never going to be serious or long. I'm just killing time right now
Aug 23, 2016 2:51 PM
Jan 2016
Kabanari of the Iron Fortress, the story never went anywhere
Aug 23, 2016 2:53 PM
Jan 2016
the best decision: never hire Tetsurou Araki, for any of your anime, he just plain sucks.
Aug 23, 2016 2:54 PM

Apr 2016
Mahouka and Asterisk War. Actually explain the combat systems instead of throwing random terms or showing things off with no rhyme or reason and expect us to be entertained by terrible coreography and a sheer lack of substance. Make likable characters that aren't the embodiment of stereotypes many have come to hate or at least shrug off. Make some god damn sense. Maybe those shows wouldn't have been so bad (and maybe I wouldn't have given up on Mahouka).
Aug 23, 2016 2:55 PM
Jan 2016
I heard Calvary of the Failed Knight is better version of Asterisk War but never got a second season
Aug 23, 2016 2:56 PM

Apr 2016
GabrielB24 said:
the best decision: never hire Tetsurou Araki, for any of your anime, he just plain sucks.
Then that means you
GabrielB24 said:
Then that means you must hate Death Note. (I checked and you liked it, so maybe be a bit more careful with wording. You don't want anything to derail as hard as the show's second half or anything I mentioned on this thread, including the second act of Death Note)
Aug 23, 2016 2:56 PM

Mar 2014
GabrielB24 said:
kamisama751 said:
Hey!!? I'm bored. What KonoSuba is ok, it is not that terrible. it isn't Brynhlder in the Darkness that was horrible

But it's not terrible at all. What's so bad about it?
Aug 23, 2016 3:01 PM

Jul 2013
CodeBlazeFate said:
Mahouka and Asterisk War. Actually explain the combat systems instead of throwing random terms or showing things off with no rhyme or reason and expect us to be entertained by terrible coreography and a sheer lack of substance. Make likable characters that aren't the embodiment of stereotypes many have come to hate or at least shrug off. Make some god damn sense. Maybe those shows wouldn't have been so bad (and maybe I wouldn't have given up on Mahouka).
Oh, boy, you dropped it at the beginning of the series. You won't ever have a minimal idea of the borefest hell Mahouka was. The first 7 episodes were actually the decent ones, until they get to the fight of the schools, who is where the series goes full bore mode. I don't know how I managed to complete the fucking series, seriously.

The good thing is that in the third and last arc of the anime is when Onii-sama shows why he is the boss. I will never forget that.
Aug 23, 2016 3:01 PM
Jul 2018
Fairy Tail. I don't think it's that terrible, but it's full of clichés and undeveloped characters. I really liked the concept behind it and I wish it was different.
Aug 23, 2016 3:05 PM

Apr 2016
Illyricus said:
CodeBlazeFate said:
Oh, boy, you dropped it at the beginning of the series. You won't ever have a minimal idea of the borefest hell Mahouka was. The first 7 episodes were actually the decent ones, until they get to the fight of the schools, who is where the series goes full bore mode. I don't know how I managed to complete the fucking series, seriously.

The good thing is that in the third and last arc of the anime is when Onii-sama shows why he is the boss. I will never forget that.
Really? The pshyical atrocities known as the first two episode weren't even the worst? Jesus. Episodes 1 and 2 were the most boring episodes I've seen in an anime, with their extreme lack of trying to explain all the numerous types of combat it shoves down our throat (with terms they make it hard to comprehend some of them). If it gets worse, then it REALLY banks of Madhouse's art to avoid a 2 or a 1 in my book. A 3 is still a guillotine.
Aug 23, 2016 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
Elfen lied, who doesn't want a good incestuous gorefest.

wait

no I worded that badly

I just meant execute Elfen Lied properly and it might actually be fun
Aug 23, 2016 3:49 PM

Oct 2013
Guilty Crown (I didn't think it was terrible) ft. Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Aug 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
Madoka magica and turn it into a yuri love triangle.
Aug 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Jul 2012
FairyFail, too much asspulls and Nakama bullshit.

Sword Art Online, shitty series needs some serious fixing and Kirito is beyond repairable, he needs to go.
Aug 23, 2016 5:18 PM
Apr 2016
Sword Art Online. I know, totally unpopular opinion here. But seriously, I would love SAO if it was, er... good.
Aug 23, 2016 5:43 PM

Mar 2014
I haven't watched Berserk (2016), but oh my god... after seeing some animated gifs of what the animation looks like, and some of their choices for character design... I'm not going to even try and watch it.

If I could change it from being terrible, I absolutely would... but at this point, I think I can just give up all hope and try to forget that it ever happened, and continue to wonder "oh, hey, when are they going to give Berserk the anime adaptation it deserves?"
vigorousjammerAug 23, 2016 5:46 PM
::End of Transmission::

Aug 23, 2016 6:57 PM
Jan 2016
Sorry, I'm back guys from playing Mega Man X.
Aug 23, 2016 8:59 PM

Nov 2008
Kamichama Karin's anime sucked SO hard....I would change everything about it, save the voice acting. Because a good manga deserves better treatment.

FlameAzureKite said:
Kirito is beyond repairable, he needs to go.

He is best character! D:<

Aug 23, 2016 9:05 PM

Apr 2012
If I could only pick one it'd be Gantz. The adaptation is absolute shit.

If I could pick two, I'd pick Death Note. Make it a story about actually gaining power and changing the world. As it stands it doesn't make any sense at all. Light shouldn't worry about getting caught, because you could never prove he was doing anything in court. He also shouldn't use the most powerful tool a human being has ever had to kill purse snatchers.... God Light is such a shit MC.
Aug 23, 2016 9:09 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
GabrielB24 said:

howtf is Konosuba terrible? i mean didn't you see Aqua's nopan ass??

lol seriously though... how?

anyway... uh... Wanna be the strongest itw... i'd actually make the show hot.... also Ange Vierge could be....... better...... lol

can't really remember why i didnt like the Blazblue anime but im sure i'd work on that one to
Aug 23, 2016 9:10 PM
Jul 2018
Probably Grisaia no Kajitsu if I could make it as great as the game.
Or Sword Art Online. If Sword Art Online were good, it would probably be on the Top 20.
Aug 23, 2016 9:11 PM

Oct 2015
Hiiro no Kakera. The heroine was so useless. I felt like I was watch DBZ all over again, because of how long it took for her to do something. Had some potential, but nope. I just could not.

Lost in Translation

Aug 23, 2016 9:21 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
eh, idk ... maybe Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace
could have been waaaay better than this
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Aug 23, 2016 9:23 PM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
While I don't consider it terrible in the least as I'm a major fan of the game, I reckon Grisaia no Kajitsu would've been received a lot better had the anime been at least 2-cour and followed the source material more faithfully and not have changed or removed a lot of the important details in each of the heroine's arcs.

"πšƒπš’πš–πšŽ 𝚝𝚘 πš–πš’πš‘ πšπš›πš’πš—πš”πšœ πšŠπš—πš πšŒπš‘πšŠπš—πšπšŽ πš•πš’πšŸπšŽπšœ."
β˜† π™°πš—πš’πš–πšŽ π™»πš’πšœπš β˜†
β˜† πš…π™½π™³πš‹ β˜†
β˜† π™±πšŠπšŒπš”πš•πš˜πšπšπšŽπš›πš’ β˜†
Aug 23, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2016
Mayoiga............ Enough said.
Aug 23, 2016 9:28 PM

Nov 2008
EcchiLordMamster said:

I personally didn't like KonoSuba. The animation itself was definitely "terrible". It looked so lazy!!

Aug 23, 2016 9:34 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Chiibi said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I personally didn't like KonoSuba. The animation itself was definitely "terrible". It looked so lazy!!

WHAT? wtf? seriously? theres no way you watched the show lol....
Aug 23, 2016 9:36 PM

Sep 2015
JkayW said:
If you think hard enough, all anime is trash.

Probably Berserk. Maybe Danganronpa so fanboys stop yelling to play the game as an excuse for their shit anime.

kamisama751 said:

I'll argue that the show would have been even better without Megumin.

Senpai you must delete that comment about Megumin. There's gonna be a lot of salty Megumin fanboys
Aug 23, 2016 9:37 PM

Nov 2008
EcchiLordMamster said:
Chiibi said:

I watched the first ep....and the bad animation was really distracting....but I didn't like most of the things about it either. If the quality improves later, that's a relief....but I also didn't like the mean-spirited nature of the characters.

Aug 23, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2016
Chiibi said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

The animation contributed to the charm of the series. IDK if it's a stylistic choice or DEEN just being DEEN but yeah.
Aug 23, 2016 9:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Chiibi said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

I watched the first ep....and the bad animation was really distracting....but I didn't like most of the things about it either. If the quality improves later, that's a relief....but I also didn't like the mean-spirited nature of the characters.

im not talking about liking the show, im talking about the animation lol... i don't see how it wasn't great lol

also, you clearly didn't see the part where Aqua's ass fills 1/2 the screen
Aug 23, 2016 9:40 PM

Nov 2008
CapitalistGod said:
Chiibi said:

The animation contributed to the charm of the series. IDK if it's a stylistic choice or DEEN just being DEEN but yeah.

Maybe DEEN didn't have the budget for it. I remember they were doing three anime series at that time. lol

But I know DEEN can make stuff look amazing....(SANKAREA)

also, you clearly didn't see the part where Aqua's ass fills 1/2 the screen

Lol, that is not a plus for me. That is a drawback. I don't want to constantly look at another woman's ass, you see. XD Guy butts? SURE.

Aug 23, 2016 9:43 PM

Sep 2015
Sword Art Online.
Aug 23, 2016 9:47 PM

Sep 2015
Chiibi said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Art isn't suppose to be a reason an anime is bad. I well legit watch an anime with stick figures and a good story over an anime with a bad story and good art.
Aug 23, 2016 9:55 PM

Oct 2014
Suzimiya Haruhi 2nd season. Shortening Endless Eight to 3 episodes and shortening the Sigh of Haruhi arc to 3 episodes (from 5) combined would've freed up 7 episodes for better content.
Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Aug 23, 2016 9:56 PM

Aug 2015
JkayW said:
Maybe Danganronpa so fanboys stop yelling to play the game as an excuse for their shit anime.

Can't deny though that the Danganronpa adaptation is definitely shit but the game says otherwise, if only the adaptation had a proper pacing I mean like shoving the investigation for like a few minutes which ruins the whole mystery part of it like fck I don't even get a chance to solve the mystery by myself just like in the game, added the fcking rushed adaptation which makes the characters even more bland as shit.
Aug 23, 2016 10:01 PM

Jul 2015
remove five from zankyou no terror , i post that in almost every thread on how to make an anime better lol
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

15 by billybub »»
20 seconds ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

73 by Abomination_suah »»
8 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 8 hours ago

15 by juanlqr »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by juanlqr »»
15 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.