Forum Settings
Forums

So, if I understand correctly Atheist logic...

New
Aug 23, 2016 6:09 AM

Aug 2013
There has been a big random explosion in space

then time and dust formed completely different things such as the human brain, clouds, stars, dinosaurs, blood cells, water, trees, sand, elephants etc

is that what you believe
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 23, 2016 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
I say it's a better logic than what Scientology shat out at least.

OT:Humans simply can't tolerate the fact they can't comprehend everything in this world so they try to apply their diverse logics and the result is such things as contemplating(and arguing about) how the world came to be.Everyone has their version of the creation of the world religion or not and probably all of us are wrong.And that is fine, some things are simply beyond our comprehension after all.
Aug 23, 2016 6:17 AM

Sep 2013
Ya wouldn't think it wouldja but therere quite a few religious sort who do indeed believe in the big bang, so yer labelling is a mite bit misrepresentutive ya see. Howver, since ya could only list a single bitty thing that didnt develop on earth naturally, id be darned to suggest thatcha research these here things yerself rather than askin others t solve em for ya.
Aug 23, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2016
Sherlupin said:
There has been a big random explosion in space

then time and dust formed completely different things such as the human brain, clouds, stars, dinosaurs, blood cells, water, trees, sand, elephants etc

is that what you believe

I believe that the Universe always existed but resets so it is stuck in a time loop for all eternity.
Aug 23, 2016 6:21 AM

Dec 2015
Actually it's not "atheist logic" since the first to propose the big bang theory was a priest.
Aug 23, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2011
Calling the the big bang an explosion is the quickest way to show you didn't bother to look it up. How sad.
Aug 23, 2016 6:38 AM

Sep 2015
So, if I understand correctly Religious logic...

There has been a big powerful being in space

then this being formed completely different things such as the human brain, clouds, stars, dinosaurs, blood cells, water, trees, sand, elephants etc

is that what you believe
Aug 23, 2016 6:41 AM

Aug 2013
thegreatnathyboy said:

then this being formed completely different things such as the human brain, clouds, stars, dinosaurs, blood cells, water, trees, sand, elephants etc

is that what you believe

Yes, that's a thousand times more logical
Aug 23, 2016 6:41 AM

Apr 2013
The theory isn't exactly complete nor that simple, but yes, that's about right.
Several events happened at around the same time and created the requirements needed for the Big Bang to occur. Inorganic molecules and atoms formed inorganic things, organic materials formed organic things, following observable laws of chemistry and physics. Time wasn't created as it's not a "thing", it's just the passing of events.

I thought we'd all learned this by the 6th grade.

Or you can believe in a story with no scientific evidence that a man floating in space created land, water, the sky, life and even light by basically waving his hands around and whispering magic spells.

7/10 op

WHEN THE SEASON LINEUP IS ACTUALLY GOOD

Aug 23, 2016 6:43 AM

Sep 2015
Sherlupin said:
thegreatnathyboy said:

is that what you believe

Yes, that's a thousand times more logical

Well whatever floats your boat. It doesn't appear more logical to many people here tho, so you ain't going to convert anyone like this
Aug 23, 2016 6:43 AM

Feb 2015
There has been a big random shitpost in space

then fedoras and doritos formed completely different things such as the atheist brain, 'classiness', religious belief in youtubers and wikipedia, dinosaurs, piss jars, lube, dildos, HRT, fetishes etc

is that what you believe gets replies?
Now you're wondering if there's white text in any of my other posts.

Over there, I'm everywhere. I know that.
Aug 23, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2016
thegreatnathyboy said:

There has been a big powerful being in the sky

and that he is sexist against Women and burns people in a pit of fire but at the same time he loves you no matter what?
is that what you believe

Fixed this is much better this describes religion very well.
Aug 23, 2016 6:50 AM

Jun 2016
TurtleTero8 said:
thegreatnathyboy said:

and that he is sexist against Women and burns people in a pit of fire but at the same time he loves you no matter what?
is that what you believe

He also fucks you over and blocks you from heaven if you don't believe in him.

Religion is such a peace inducing thing isn't it?
Aug 23, 2016 6:51 AM
Jan 2013
Understanding shit is shit so I indulge my life in waifus
gone bai bai
Aug 23, 2016 6:56 AM

Aug 2013
Caelidesu said:
There has been a big random shitpost in space

then fedoras and doritos formed completely different things such as the atheist brain, 'classiness', religious belief in youtubers and wikipedia, dinosaurs, piss jars, lube, dildos, HRT, fetishes etc

is that what you believe gets replies?
TurtleTero8 said:
thegreatnathyboy said:

is that what you believe

the Bible never mentionned that evil people go in hell, that's a catholic invention inspired by babylonian beliefs
nor is the bible sexist
Aug 23, 2016 7:00 AM
Apr 2015
If the Bible is real, then Naruto is real.
Aug 23, 2016 7:07 AM

May 2010
Sherlupin said:

the Bible never mentioned that evil people go in hell, that's a catholic invention inspired by babylonian beliefs
Have you ever read the bible? Plenty of hell in there (though not as much as the Quran).

No religion strikes me as plausible, but atheism versus bare theism is an interesting question. How could the universe exist without being created? Then again, how could God exist without being created? Either way, something "just is". Kind of like sexual perversion...
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2016 7:08 AM

Feb 2015
Risara said:
If one book is real, then another must be real.

Terrible argument.

Sherlupin said:
the Bible never mentionned that evil people go in hell, that's a catholic invention inspired by babylonian beliefs
nor is the bible sexist

You seem like a false flag. In case you're not trolling, those aren't very good arguments to use (viz. big bang etc). There are others which are much more compelling.

Sherlupin said:

Aug 23, 2016 7:11 AM

Feb 2015
anyone who completely believes such theories are mere certain fools and belong to the stupidity level of those religious fanatics nonetheless according to Bertrand Russell. Not all atheist believe on such a theory.
Aug 23, 2016 7:12 AM

May 2015
What, got a better explanation? Why are you certain that the world must have some kind of meaning?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Aug 23, 2016 7:14 AM

Oct 2009
No, too many religious folk apply their own standards onto atheists. The key thing w/ atheists is that we don't know what happened whereas the religious believe they do.

Aug 23, 2016 7:15 AM
Apr 2015
Caelidesu said:
Risara said:

Terrible argument.

But the two of them are both works of fiction.
Aug 23, 2016 7:15 AM

Jul 2015
Yeah. The funny thing is, your cosmogony that seems so logical and perfect to you has an enormous plothole. If nothing can simply exist without being designed, then who the fuck designed the creator of the universe? Was he just standing there in the void touching his weewee until he decided to actually get to work?

I'd say a god is harder to create from nothing/a cloud of hydrogen than galaxies and lesser life forms.

And you don't even know what atheism is. Atheism isn't a set of beliefs. it's the lack of belief in YOUR cosmogonies. That's not the same. (I have the feeling that's where @Pirating_Ninja is getting at too)
DeathkoAug 23, 2016 7:19 AM
Aug 23, 2016 7:18 AM

Nov 2009
No no no. Atheists believe that the universe itself is a sentient being that one day woke up, took a few tabs of LSD, and then poof, everything as you see it today was made.

Feb 2015
Risara said:
Caelidesu said:

Terrible argument.

But the argument works if you assume its conclusion.

That's why it's a terrible argument. You can argue that it's fiction, but making an argument that assumes it's fiction in order to make its point isn't going to seem even remotely compelling to anyone who hasn't already also assumed that it's fiction.

Feb 2015
Risara said:
Caelidesu said:

Terrible argument.

But the two of them are both works of fiction.

How can you be so certain? Terrible argument still.

I just found Naruto and his son outside, running with them hands ninja-style
Aug 23, 2016 7:19 AM

Feb 2015
Pirating_Ninja said:
No no no. Atheists believe that the universe itself is a sentient being that one day woke up, took a few tabs of LSD, and then poof, everything as you see it today was made.

I think the current belief of most atheists is that the universe is a simulation that they're trapped in.

Aug 23, 2016 7:20 AM

Aug 2013
Caelidesu said:
Risara said:

Terrible argument.

Sherlupin said:
nor is the bible sexist

You seem like a false flag. In case you're not trolling, those aren't very good arguments to use (viz. big bang etc). There are others which are much more compelling.

Sherlupin said:

Your translation version of the bible you have is terrible

here is what the bible really says about "hell"

Aug 23, 2016 7:24 AM

Jul 2015
^^See? You don't even agree on your beliefs, and you try to poke fun at others? Hmmmkay.
Aug 23, 2016 7:25 AM

Jul 2016
Sherlupin said:
Caelidesu said:

Terrible argument.

Death by ceasing to exist that's even worse.
Aug 23, 2016 7:27 AM

Feb 2015
Sherlupin said:
Caelidesu said:

At least I quoted the Bible. You didn't. You quoted something that speculates about and extrapolates from the Bible, and something which conveniently ignores the gospels too! And you have the gall to say "here is what the bible really says". Disgusting.

Aug 23, 2016 7:41 AM

Nov 2015
You haven't seen god either have you?
But you believe in him.

Some people choose to believe in what you believe in, some don't. Deal with it..
Aug 23, 2016 7:45 AM

Aug 2013
Caelidesu said:
Sherlupin said:

At least I quoted the Bible. You didn't. You quoted something that speculates about and extrapolates from the Bible, and something which conveniently ignores the gospels too! And you have the gall to say "here is what the bible really says". Disgusting.

What are you saying...I quoted the verses several times

but if you want to read the verses in entirety

Gehenna is the Greek name for the Valley of Hinnom, southwest of ancient Jerusalem. (Jer 7:31*) It was prophetically spoken of as a place where dead bodies would be strewn. (Jer 7:32*; 19:6) There is no evidence that animals or humans were thrown into Gehenna to be burned alive or tormented. So the place could not symbolize an invisible region where human souls are tormented eternally in literal fire. Rather, Gehenna was used by Jesus and his disciples to symbolize the eternal punishment of “second death,” that is, everlasting destruction, annihilation.

Aug 23, 2016 7:46 AM

May 2010
Gesu- said:
But you believe in him.

Some people choose to believe in what you believe in, some don't. Deal with it..
One can't choose what to believe in. Belief is not a choice.
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2016 7:51 AM

Feb 2015
Sherlupin said:
What are you saying...I quoted the verses several times

You referenced them, which isn't the same as quoting them. Thanks for actually quoting them afterwards though!

Now anyone who gives a fuck can read both quotes and see for themselves. I don't need to add anything else, because it's pretty obvious.

Aug 23, 2016 7:51 AM

Nov 2015
byakugami said:
Gesu- said:
But you believe in him.

Of course it is.
My parents were agnosts while I was raised in a christian neighborhood.
I chose to not have a stance at all and chose to believe in something completely different.
Aug 23, 2016 7:53 AM

Jul 2014
Except atheism has no creation story or doctrines. It's simply the lack of belief in a god.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
Aug 23, 2016 7:54 AM

May 2010
Gesu- said:
byakugami said:

Of course it is.
I chose to not have a stance at all and chose to believe in something completely different.
Not a choice. You can choose whether or not to practice a religion, but not whether or not to believe it.

Aug 23, 2016 7:54 AM

Jun 2016
The same way that religious people believe that an old, bigoted, magician poofed us into existence.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Aug 23, 2016 7:55 AM

May 2010
Selenium_Thorium said:
The same way that religious people believe that an old, bigoted, magician poofed us into existence.
Aww, did some mean bigot 2,000 hears ago tell you not to do the sodomy?

Aug 23, 2016 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Humans are so small and limited and yet want to immediately explain away everything. We make our limited theory fit literally everything in the universe. We're basically trying to paint a vast and epic picture with only two paints. Like trying to sum up the whole world, what it looks like, its people, how it works literally from just looking out your window and projecting only what you see onto the rest of the world. It wouldn't accurate. If a man who has never seen snow can't imagine what snow is like, how can we be expected to know what the end or beginning of the universe looks like. The man who believes the universe simply popped into existence from literal nothing sounds just as mad as the man who claimed some external force created the known universe. We simply don't know and right now every answer is possible for being wrong and or right in the end.

I do find it strange that the idea of there being nothing, nothing, nothing then suddenly something is strange. Something cannot come from literal nothing, there must always be something. I have my own ideas as im sure every person does.
SpooksAug 23, 2016 8:11 AM
Aug 23, 2016 8:02 AM
Dec 2009
byakugami said:
Gesu- said:

Of course it is.
Not a choice. You can choose whether or not to practice a religion, but not whether or not to believe it.

So you simply "believe" that it is not a choice then?
Aug 23, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2015
byakugami said:
Gesu- said:

Of course it is.

I chose to believe that you're mentally deficient.
Could I have believed anything else?
Aug 23, 2016 8:05 AM

May 2010
EasyPassy said:
byakugami said:

...kind of, yeah.

If you wanted to make yourself believe the Earth was flat, would you be able to do it?

Aug 23, 2016 8:07 AM
Dec 2009
byakugami said:
EasyPassy said:

...kind of, yeah.

If you wanted to make yourself believe the Earth was flat, would you be able to do it?

Well, technically yeah. Some people do believe it is. And they're not saying it to troll anybody. They honestly do. So even if I can't make myself believe in it, it certainly is possible to believe in something completely false. Then doesn't it make it a choice?
Aug 23, 2016 8:08 AM

Jul 2016
People here are arguing while i'm just sitting here and being amazed by byakugami's comments.
Aug 23, 2016 8:08 AM

May 2010
EasyPassy said:
byakugami said:
...kind of, yeah.

Well, technically yeah. Some people do believe it is. And they're not saying it to troll anybody. They honestly do. So even if I can't make myself believe in it, it certainly is possible to believe in something completely false. Then doesn't it make it a choice?
No. You just admitted you couldn't do it.

Aug 23, 2016 8:11 AM
Jul 2018
If have come out the shithole FG just to tell that I am triggered.

Nice b8 m8...
Aug 23, 2016 8:13 AM

Feb 2015
byakugami said:
Gesu- said:

Of course it is.

I choose not to believe that you are mentally retarded, but I can't help myself but to believe because it is as self-evident as the round world. Thanks fam.
Aug 23, 2016 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
So are you just throwing wood into the fire?

Oh god I'm going to be so happy when school starts for y'all.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

58 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 9 hours ago

13 by Spunkert »»
40 minutes ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 12 hours ago

3 by DesuMaiden »»
46 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - 6 hours ago

1 by KitsuFrost »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

21 by DesuMaiden »»
49 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.