Forum Settings
Forums

Thoughts on Metallica's new single "Hardwired" ??

New
Aug 23, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2015

I've been a pretty big Metallica fan since I discovered them back in 2004 when I was 12, including most of the material many dislike (Load, ReLoad, St. Anger).

But I have to admit, I feel extremely let down by the new song. It almost feels like they took all the standard tropes of their own music and mashed it into one song. Riffs constructed of triplets of the same chord over and over, James shouting his signature "Ooo" and "Go" between transitions, wah heavy solo, repeating the same phrase multiple times at the closing of a song, etc. I'm curious about what others think though.
Aug 23, 2016 6:06 AM

Sep 2015
It sounds like the most generic metal song ever, that takes some doing. I saw a great comment on it talking about how the kick pedal sounds like someone flicking a post it note lol
Aug 23, 2016 7:33 AM

Dec 2015
I like it. It's not their best but it sounds good enough. If only they let the riffs breathe a bit more.
Aug 23, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2015
it's generic but it's fine at least we got a new album coming right ?
Liking traps is gay and liking Lolis is Pedophila.
Come at me bruh!
Aug 23, 2016 11:26 AM

Jul 2015
@Gigaffect Yes THAT is true. Despite me not really caring for this song, I'm excited to hear what else they'll pump out. Been waiting 8 years since Death Magnetic, so i'm more than ready to finally have this!
Aug 23, 2016 11:44 AM

Nov 2011
I'm just gonna be honest and say it. I really hate it. It's bland and underwhelming. It seems like Metallica is going to play it safe just so they can at least say it's not as bad as all the other post black album rubbish. It's just bizarre to me that this is supposed to be the greatest thrash band and a heavy metal beast yet compared to other thrash groups who were around in the 80s Metallica has taken the biggest drop in quality and is having the most trouble getting back on their legs. I mean I get a lot of folks are fans but why continue to follow this band when you know they're going to disapointed you and their are other thrash bands whove been around just as long as Metallica who actually are releasing new material that is worth listening to.
Aug 23, 2016 12:04 PM

Aug 2015
@Waifu_Strangler 80's music will never be back again i'm afraid as the days change we will never have quality music like their first albums.
Come at me bruh!
Aug 23, 2016 12:48 PM

Nov 2011
Gigaffect said:
@Waifu_Strangler 80's music will never be back again i'm afraid as the days change we will never have quality music like their first albums.

Voivod's Target Earth and Post Society, Metal Church's XI, and Overkill's last three albums are on par with their classic material.
Aug 23, 2016 12:55 PM

Aug 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
Gigaffect said:

Voivod's Target Earth and Post Society, Metal Church's XI, and Overkill's last three albums are on par with their classic material.

But It will never be as popular as it was.
Come at me bruh!
Aug 23, 2016 1:24 PM

Nov 2011
Gigaffect said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

Popularity should never be taken into consideration when listening to music. One should listen to music because of how enjoyable they find it not because others do or don't like it. I think people should be aware by now that popularity is not the same as quality.
Aug 23, 2016 1:35 PM

Aug 2015
Waifu_Strangler said:
Gigaffect said:

Popularity should never be taken into consideration when listening to music. One should listen to music because of how enjoyable they find it not because others do or don't like it. I think people should be aware by now that popularity is not the same as quality.

I totally agree but some genres are not as good as they were 20 years ago.
Come at me bruh!
Aug 23, 2016 2:04 PM

Feb 2011
SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE! SNARE!

That's about all I can say about this song.
Aug 23, 2016 2:54 PM

Nov 2011
Gigaffect said:
Waifu_Strangler said:

I totally agree but some genres are not as good as they were 20 years ago.

That's true but that doesn't mean these bands can't still deliver good music worth listening to. Doesn't mean we should settle for mediocrity.
Aug 23, 2016 5:19 PM

Aug 2013
When James Hetfield goes "we're so fucked, shit out of luck," I can't help but think of Tenacious D, lol.

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7574 by MalchikRepaid »»
12 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.