Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 22, 2016 1:52 AM

Oct 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oooohhh mai gawd, nice chapter nice chapter. Absolutely loved how Kusanagi-sensei weaved in a very important girl thing! This was, undoubtedly for me, the highlight of the chapter. I think you don't see this often in manga at all!

I'm really looking forward in meeting Tao's sis now, really pumped to see the current two sides of Xing unravel. I like how Kouren isn't portrayed as the super duper bad guy (sensei back at it again with them characters).

Everytime Soo-won gets mentioned, the crew gets so sad, and of course that's how it's supposed to be...but it's getting a littleeee uhhh..I WANT A DIFFERENT REACTION XD Isthisjustme

yazawararaAug 23, 2016 12:25 AM
Aug 23, 2016 1:22 AM

Nov 2007
Didn't think sensei would include such a girl thing either. Shoving Hak on the face (it just had to be Hak in that moment, right?) made a bit of joke of the situation there but I really felt for Yona when she said she never had a chance to discuss with anyone regarding things like this ever since she left for this stormy journey. Poor thing. Made me want to give her a hug! :|

The art was a bit off for sensei's standard this week or so I think (or perhaps it's because I just happened to read Mahoutsukai no Yome before this chapter! just kidding)

Really starting to like this latest arc. Cannot wait to see new characters especially Tao's sister. But can I get more Lily?
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Aug 23, 2016 2:29 AM

Feb 2016
and I was just starting to wonder how she deals with this matter when she's surrended by males only
Aug 23, 2016 8:33 AM
Aug 2016
This chapter was interesting
And i laughed so much when it came to girl things 😀
Tao was very kind and generous with Yona

The only thing that really did make me depressed when hak thought that yona hates him and the gap between them is still quite big 💔

I'm very excited for the next chapter
manamynooraAug 23, 2016 8:37 AM
Aug 23, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2016
I like this chapter!! There was a nice balance of seriousness and cuteness. ^^ I did not expect Tao to be 19 years old... But I love how reliable she was. I didn't expect Yona to get her period... :P But poor Hak thought Yona was mad at him...

The flashback of when Kija saved the Xing girl was so lovely! Kija really was cool!! <3 But LOL when he offered food to Hak and we saw just how much he changed... Eating fallen food ;P

I like that little part of Shin-ah and Ao. :) He's SUPER cute. <33

I wonder if this meeting will indeed trigger Yona to approach Su-won...She did think about it. Going into war would guarantee that people will die.

I do agree that I'd like a different reaction whenever Su-won is mentioned. Yes, it makes sense to be sad when we think of what he did to become king and how it's affected Yona and Hak... But aside from that, he's doing an awesome job as the King of Kouka. Maybe I'm the only one who is getting a little tired of their reaction...
Aug 23, 2016 3:51 PM

Jan 2012
been kinda long time since a good chapter and little actions
lol dat loli is 19
what the cover say? new anime or something about ova? @yazawarara if u know.

Aug 24, 2016 1:40 AM

Feb 2011
Cloe900311 said:
I wonder if this meeting will indeed trigger Yona to approach Su-won...She did think about it.

omg, YES!!! Let's hope during this arc we will get to see Yona and Su-won getting united again and this time have them to interact more: since we haven't seen a moment like that for a while.

Cloe900311 said:

I do agree that I'd like a different reaction whenever Su-won is mentioned. Yes, it makes sense to be sad when we think of what he did to become king and how it's affected Yona and Hak... But aside from that, he's doing an awesome job as the King of Kouka. Maybe I'm the only one who is getting a little tired of their reaction...

Same here, even I getting tired of seeing Yona and Hak's same reaction whenever Su-won is mentioned: making him like a villain every time despite what he did for the nation ( they never put that into consideration): all this does get pretty old- how come they don't see what King Il did to the kingdom ( and how he happened to kill his own brother- something only Yona knows so far): leaving poor people suffering all the time and Yona's father never step in to help the people really in need- I guess what king Il's mistake means nothing to anyone since he happened to be Yona's father.

Cloe900311 said:

I didn't expect Yona to get her period... :P But poor Hak thought Yona was mad at him...
It's very sad really, it so happened that Yona is the only girl from the group and sadly she can't talk about what we girls get every month in front of guys- even i would feel embarrassed if I was in her shoes, lol.
Aug 24, 2016 6:31 AM

Sep 2015
Ahh I feel so bad for Yona, getting her period at a time like this...Good thing that princess Tao came to the rescue, now Yona will return the favor, lol.
Aug 24, 2016 11:25 AM

Jun 2016
Bless Kusanagi-sensei for adding the part where Yona gets her period and Princess Tao helps her out. Loved that addressing of "girl problems" in the story; after all, Yona IS only sixteen and in a way it's an important reminder that she is just a young girl despite how courageously she deals with all of Kouka's issues and helping others. I really appreciate this part because I occasionally wonder why, in action/adventure stories, the writer almost always fails to include the very "human" conditions that their characters must deal with alongside the greater plot. My respect for AnY and for Kusanagi has magnified even more, if that's even possible. (*^‿^*)
Aug 24, 2016 7:42 PM

Apr 2016
sweetangie said:
Cloe900311 said:
I wonder if this meeting will indeed trigger Yona to approach Su-won...She did think about it.

omg, YES!!! Let's hope during this arc we will get to see Yona and Su-won getting united again and this time have them to interact more: since we haven't seen a moment like that for a while.

Cloe900311 said:

Same here, even I getting tired of seeing Yona and Hak's same reaction whenever Su-won is mentioned: making him like a villain every time despite what he did for the nation ( they never put that into consideration): all this does get pretty old- how come they don't see what King Il did to the kingdom ( and how he happened to kill his own brother- something only Yona knows so far): leaving poor people suffering all the time and Yona's father never step in to help the people really in need- I guess what king Il's mistake means nothing to anyone since he happened to be Yona's father.

Cloe900311 said:

I didn't expect Yona to get her period... :P But poor Hak thought Yona was mad at him...
It's very sad really, it so happened that Yona is the only girl from the group and sadly she can't talk about what we girls get every month in front of guys- even i would feel embarrassed if I was in her shoes, lol.

If Yona decides to meet Su-won, I wonder if she'd be determined enough to not tell Hak... Hak would not want Yona to meet Su-won or if he does allow it base on the circumstances, he would not want her to meet our king alone.... :/ I feel that if Yona does approach Su-won because of Xing, she would need a mature one-on-one with him since they'd be talking about the nation, not personal issues. The dragons would be a bit more willing to go with Yona just in case for protection purposes, since none of them has had a bad feeling with Su-won or feel the same pain Hak does... When I think back to it, I'm a bit annoyed that Su-won and Yona haven't had much of a chance to talk despite their number of encounters.

I feel like the dragons and Yoon would not dream of talking about how awful Il was, since they know how sad Yona and Hak are about his death... Hak is such an emotional character, I doubt he'd suddenly realize how terrible Il was as king - that'd just bring him one step closer to understanding Su-won's reason for ascending the throne yet he still cannot forgive him... Yona has an extremely emotional connection to this whole thing so even if she says Il is a bad king, it won't ease her pain. In Yona and Hak's eyes, Su-won will forever be that villain or the I-don't-know-what-he's-thinking-stranger because he did something beyond their imagination...

I wouldn't talk about periods in front of males either. :P I'd try to quickly leave the situation, which I'm glad Tao was there to help Yona :)
Aug 26, 2016 9:27 PM

Feb 2011
Cloe900311 said:

If Yona decides to meet Su-won, I wonder if she'd be determined enough to not tell Hak... Hak would not want Yona to meet Su-won or if he does allow it base on the circumstances, he would not want her to meet our king alone.... :/ I feel that if Yona does approach Su-won because of Xing, she would need a mature one-on-one with him since they'd be talking about the nation, not personal issues. The dragons would be a bit more willing to go with Yona just in case for protection purposes, since none of them has had a bad feeling with Su-won or feel the same pain Hak does... When I think back to it, I'm a bit annoyed that Su-won and Yona haven't had much of a chance to talk despite their number of encounters.

I feel like the dragons and Yoon would not dream of talking about how awful Il was, since they know how sad Yona and Hak are about his death... Hak is such an emotional character, I doubt he'd suddenly realize how terrible Il was as king - that'd just bring him one step closer to understanding Su-won's reason for ascending the throne yet he still cannot forgive him... Yona has an extremely emotional connection to this whole thing so even if she says Il is a bad king, it won't ease her pain. In Yona and Hak's eyes, Su-won will forever be that villain or the I-don't-know-what-he's-thinking-stranger because he did something beyond their imagination...

I wouldn't talk about periods in front of males either. :P I'd try to quickly leave the situation, which I'm glad Tao was there to help Yona :)

I agree, Maybe Yona might meet with Su-won without confirming it to Hak, knowing Hak he won't let Yona get any closer to Su-won ( and he seems to be very against him more than Yona herself): if Yona does approach Su-won, it will about helping the people of the kingdom, not about her grudge: if what Yona said it's true about her getting to understand more of Su-won, this is the moment of truth when she gets to meet him again face-to-face: meaning she must leave their personal issue aside and focus on their kingdom for now ( and yes having the four dragons as her companion when she approaches Su-won will be the best choice).

It's very sad really, as long as Yona and Hak will forever have Su-won as a villain who's a complete stranger in their eyes, it means that as long Su-won is still breathing, they will never learn to forgive him even after what he's doing good deeds for the nation now ( things that King Il never did for the kingdom): if they treat Su-won as a villain: then King Il is twice as worst of a villain than Su-won ever be: someone who Yona and Hak claims King Il to be a very good person (king) which he never was: not only he killed his own brother, he also never wanted to help the nation where the commons and the poor who needed his help the most and he never stood up to help them at all, he wasn't a good king at all): King Il was cruel both as a person and as a ruler as well.
sweetangieAug 26, 2016 11:15 PM
Aug 27, 2016 7:13 AM

Apr 2016
sweetangie said:
Cloe900311 said:

I agree, Maybe Yona might meet with Su-won without confirming it to Hak, knowing Hak he won't let Yona get any closer to Su-won ( and he seems to be very against him more than Yona herself): if Yona does approach Su-won, it will about helping the people of the kingdom, not about her grudge: if what Yona said it's true about her getting to understand more of Su-won, this is the moment of truth when she gets to meet him again face-to-face: meaning she must leave their personal issue aside and focus on their kingdom for now ( and yes having the four dragons as her companion when she approaches Su-won will be the best choice).

It's very sad really, as long as Yona and Hak will forever have Su-won as a villain who's a complete stranger in their eyes, it means that as long Su-won is still breathing, they will never learn to forgive him even after what he's doing good deeds for the nation now ( things that King Il never did for the kingdom): if they treat Su-won as a villain: then King Il is twice as worst of a villain than Su-won ever is: someone who Yona and Hak claims King Il to be a very good person (king) which he never was: not only he killed his own brother, he also never wanted to help the nation where the commons and the poor who needed his help the most and he never stood up to help them at all, he wasn't a good king at all): King Il was cruel both as a person and as a ruler as well.

If we think back to how Su-won protected Yona in Awa, then she should be safe if they meet face-to-face again. It's nice to see that you agree with my suggestion. :) I definitely want the four dragons to see Su-won one-on-one too.

You have a more logical way of viewing Il, which Yona and Hak would never view him as. The fact that Il personally treated his princess and the Thunder Beast well will always have him as a good person in their hearts. They were never people who suffered under his rule, so unfortunately, I don't think they could understand the commoners' feelings. What's different is that Su-won betrayed Yona and Hak on an extremely personal level, which I think would be odd if they suddenly thought of the situation logically and forgave him completely.
Aug 29, 2016 5:26 AM

Aug 2014
Ahh poor Yona, she don't even have the time to explain what happened early xD Such is the pain of being in love.
Sep 9, 2016 1:47 AM
Sep 2016
Omg. I WISH I COULD READ THE NEXT 10 CHAPTERS RIGHT NOW. I'm getting tired of no relationship progress between Hak and Yona. And I want Soo Won to accidentally run into them again pleeaaasee. It takes me 5 min to get through 1 chapter and it kills me having to wait aahahaahahhhgggg
By this point I feel like soo won is forever going to be king...eh..I hope he does no offence to any one, he's cool but I'd rather see Hak and Yona as king and Queen, not Soo won and lili. But I have a feeling it will be the latter...
Sep 12, 2016 4:11 PM

Jun 2010
after seeing everyones comments about how soo-won does good job for keeping the kingdom alive and yona&hak should forgive him for killing yona's father....in manga i think didnt much time passed since the thing happened? i wonder why would anyone expect to forgive someone who killed their own father in less than a year

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.